Feature Pack: is that it?

in PvP

Posted by: Spitu.8657

Spitu.8657

I don’t mean to be a downer, but is that all pvp is getting for the feature pack. Two armor sets and a option to not see the armor?

To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands,
but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Hopefully not… It’s definitely time for a new game mode if you ask me…

While tournaments are definitely an awesome thing playing the same game mode for 2 years isn’t.

A more difficult and complicated game mode, bit more like the gw1 ones, would be nice.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I am hoping the PvP announcements will be coming soon. There has been nothing related to the actual gameplay. The changes themselves are pretty blah.

1. New armor that no one will be able to see because of standard models
2. A tournament system that is great for top teams but meaningless for everyone else

Where are the actual PvP announcements????

in PvP

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

Wow. How long exactly have we been waiting for this? Considering the announcement of the 50k tournaments, I was really expecting that there would be some major changes to follow suit. I really hope there are some updates between now and the tournaments, because just slapping a prize-pool onto the same game we’ve had for months really isn’t going to change things in the long-run.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

While tournaments are definitely an awesome thing playing the same game mode for 2 years isn’t.

A more difficult and complicated game mode, bit more like the gw1 ones, would be nice.

It’s hard enough for people to understand how to rotate around points. I don’t think a more complicated mode would help.

If you’ve ever played in a solo queue, you will see how hard some peoples’ minds have with grasping the concept of rotations.

Also, I still enjoy conquest as do many others.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

WTF!? If we don’t get newer game modes, I’m going back to WoW!

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

It’s hard enough for people to understand how to rotate around points. I don’t think a more complicated mode would help.

If you’ve ever played in a solo queue, you will see how hard some peoples’ minds have with grasping the concept of rotations.

Also, I still enjoy conquest as do many others.

No one said to get rid of conquest but dude, it’s been 2 kitten years…. 1 game mode, 2 years. You telling me this is totally fine and acceptable? wow.

This is one of the MANY reasons why sPvP is by far the most dead aspect of this game (compared to wvw/PvE)

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

There’s also an improved combat log to come in, it’ll probably be talked in-depth next week. It should enhance the pvp experience, even though it’s not exclusive to pvp.

However, I do agree I was expecting something a bit more… game-changing? The league system, matchmaking improvements, a new game mode… At least one of those…

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Yep that is it at least for pvp. the next 2 kitten weeks they will focus on their beloved pve side. Another feature patch with nothing to spvp and guess what hope I’m wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

To be fair though, progress in all 3 game modes is lagging. The upper echelon of PvE are bored with easy as hell dungeons, even with arah, aetherpath, and 50 fractal speedruns. The LS updates are just lore updates, they don’t add anything of significant value to PvE.

WvW is also facing issues too, mainly to static match ups and the lack of real GvGs. Eotm was a failure as it’s an endless karma train, and a place for guilds to practice bombs against up levels.

And finally spvp, which suffers from a lack of anything besides conquest while game breaking issues like 4v5s and low risk high reward builds that alt tab on a capture point dominate.

Although it’s not obvious, all game modes are lagging behind, and the players in PvE are mad that spvp seems to get all the attention, even though that’s not entirely true… and people in PvE are also mad that balancing spvp without skill splits hurts many classes for PvE.

It’s kind of sad that so few people can see past the imprisoned mirror of their own community’s creation.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

> don’t get newer game modes
> go back to older game modes

okay.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

I don’t mean to be a downer, but is that all pvp is getting for the feature pack. Two armor sets and a option to not see the armor?

Like Uma likes to say : " Hey …. what did you expect ? " ????
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3FR4ocdHdU

(edited by Kicast.1459)

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I would also love a new game mode, but make no mistake: standard game models is HUGE! Clearly this feature pack is gonna be smaller overall than last April’s, where we got the new rewards and they rebalanced every single rune and sigil, so I don’t think pvp is getting less than any other game mode. I mean, WvW is just getting purple commander tags! :p

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I would also love a new game mode, but make no mistake: standard game models is HUGE! Clearly this feature pack is gonna be smaller overall than last April’s, where we got the new rewards and they rebalanced every single rune and sigil, so I don’t think pvp is getting less than any other game mode. I mean, WvW is just getting purple commander tags! :p

True. WvW players got nothing of value during this patch, but that’s slightly more than the nothing from the April patch.

PvP needs enhancements that add to the game experience. Creating a new set of armor that no one will be able to see as a result of standard models isn’t a great idea.

Heck, if there is only one PvP developer, that at least do something small like put a bank in heart of the mists.

in PvP

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

WTF!? If we don’t get newer game modes, I’m going back to WvW!

There, I fixed it for you.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

To be fair, we could still see things that apply to both PvE/PvP. Like the save-build feature. But…. that’s all that I can think of atm….

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

It seems like it. This was the “Competitive Week.” The next couple weeks will focus “on improving the Guild Wars 2 experience for new and veteran players alike” and “rethinking the way you collect and trade items.”

Really pathetic all around.

I’m hoping the future devs for other mmos are constantly reading this post on how not to make a game.

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Isn’kitten bit to soon for this thread?
We still get 2 weeks full of announcements…

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Isn’kitten bit to soon for this thread?
We still get 2 weeks full of announcements…

This was the SPvP/WvW week and both got the equivalent of a card saying $10 has been donated in your name to Save the Asuran foundation. None of the core issues in either gamemode were address, it was more bandaids and glitter. We can pretty much tell from the class changes that there are no major combat revamps. With tournaments coming up of course they wouldn’t want to do that even if it would make the game better.

The next week is about old and new player experience. Not really PvP oriented. I’m guessing maybe low levels being upscaled more, veteran rewards, general QoL changes, maybe even a trait re-revamp that doesn’t screw new players/characters.

The week after is about some new looting system and trading. Again not PvP oriented.

I’m not sure what happened at ArenaNet to cause such a poor post-release development. I’m not sure if they just have a small team and are strained just doing LS, if constant employee turnover keeps causing setbacks, poor management, or maybe all of the above. What I can say is that it’s definitely the worst development I’ve seen on a AAA game that’s doing relatively well. WoW in that similar time frame added 4 battlegrounds, arenas, did revamps of all classes, added new abilities for classes, and that was just their PvP. Arenanet on the other hand in 2 years has done very little with BOTH SPvP and WvW. I honestly wish they would take the SPvP tournament prize money and just hire some more devs to actually improve the game.

in PvP

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Week 1: Competitive Week
Week 2: A Fresh Start
Our second week of September 2014 Feature Pack reveals is focused on improving the Guild Wars 2 experience for new and veteran players alike!
Week 3: Collecting and Trading
In the September 2014 Feature Pack, we’re rethinking the way you collect and trade items!

Yes, that is it.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

A shame. I thought that they will at least add a new map, if not game mode.

Guess next chance is March next year.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkcomet.2975

Pinkcomet.2975

So surprise to see Anet keep pushing hardcore tournament to please only 100ppl top tier players.

Personally I dont even care to click and read what is the reward. (I pvp everyday)
Why do I read the content that I can not play?

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i lol’d

also, to stay on topic: my guess is, we will see what’s next in todays ready up and the next two weeks as well. chill out, young padawan

Why do I read the content that I can not play?

That is something that nobody can answer but yourself

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: SickSoul.4789

SickSoul.4789

-_- seriously? no added PvP modes…

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201