GW2 Conquest: Skill-less Spam Chamber

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Larger points, better designed maps/points (no levelled platforms from which ranged classes can freely poop on nodes), bigger maps in general so movement isn’t trivialized, more team-oriented combat, a shift of focus from capturing nodes to actually (also) killing your opponents (i.e. a re-design of victory mechanics), and many other things have been called for repeatedly since the beginning.

You honestly believe anything will/can still change at this rate?
This thread is an effort wasted.

Anet are so stubborn. Look at everyone calling for new game modes in alpha, again in beta, at release, 1 month into the game, 6 months into the game, to this day.

And yet anet told us we were wrong. 3 years later they admitted we were right when everyone quit. That is some really huge game design mistakes they made. Too stubborn to listen to the community is the problem.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

To be honest 15 points per kill would really promote player vs player and discourage as much player vs point.

You’ve gotta remember though, GW2 is very fickle.
It becomes a zergy chaotic mess or bunker crazed meta very easily.
GW2 is most playable in 1v1s or 2v2s, so any tweaks (if they actually want to make the game more enjoyed) should push towards smaller, non-bunker based fighting.

Lager Points were alrdy suggested since the beginning. But you know, A-Net is A-Net, so things won’t change to a better.

To be honest 15 points per kill would really promote player vs player and discourage as much player vs point.

What good is that decap engi when you can kill him eventually and pick up those 15 points.

Really this would be so amazing for the game. I can’t believe they have never done it lol

Odds say the game will push pretty hard towards a bunker/disengage heavy meta and/or zerging back and forth across the map for kills… then what?
You stopped one annoying spec to fight… by making the entire game far, far worse.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Or just don’t play skill-less spam builds. They just need to balance some stuff really, so nobody is forced to. The problem is there are already non brain dead builds outside the meta which are hugely OP when played well, they could well dominate completely after the nerfs.

Decap engi isn’t OP though, the average players brain is UP at the moment.

That’s why I’ve taken steps to re-balance the professions in order to bring timing, positioning and aim back to the forefront of combat instead of relying on passives, instant damage and enormous AoEs.

This thread isn’t just because of decap Engineer; you couldn’t be further from the truth on that one.

The only problem here is I feel obliged to reply to this stuff.. guess it’s my problem XD

Ok so quickly

A: I agree with what the devs have said on this matter from launch; increasing the points gained for a kill just pushes the meta further towards bunker comps as team wipes are much more infrequent as well as disengaging being easier.

B: Anyone who has played legacy of the foefire can appreciate how difficult it is to debunk and full-cap the mid point (which just leads to snowball matches)

C: Your comment on decap engis was confusing, sorry if I misread the posts here. If you meant however I was wrong about decap engi not being OP, I’d suggest looking up this thing called stability :p

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

What if you changed the contesting mechanic? If you outnumber the enemy on the point, you slowly capture it anyway. You leave your other points at risk though.

Or change the capture/contesting mechanic in some other way?

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Larger nodes is a horrible idea. I really wish people would stop asking for this and just start learning to strategize when to be on point and when to be off it. Enlarging the nodes would only make the game more mindless and focused on builds than actual skillful and strategic play.

The last thing we need is to dumb the game down further.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Lager Points were alrdy suggested since the beginning. But you know, A-Net is A-Net, so things won’t change to a better.

What good is that decap engi when you can kill him eventually and pick up those 15 points.

Really this would be so amazing for the game. I can’t believe they have never done it lol

Many things would be amazing in this game, and A-Net still develop mostly the complete opposite.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Many things would be amazing in this game, and A-Net still develop mostly the complete opposite.

True

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I would go even farther and suggest that most points double in size, and a few triple.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Giving 15 points per kill would bring back thief zergs. Two of them on a target at a time and boom – it’s over really fast.

If Anet gave 15 points per kill, they’d have to rework the entire thief class.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Giving 15 points per kill would bring back thief zergs. Two of them on a target at a time and boom – it’s over really fast.

I’ve already done that.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I’ve already done that.

Honestly, I am begining to think that you should do another one with the assumption that Anet decided “you know what swagg makes a lot of sense, but i just don’t want to spend the effort and money reworking the game.”

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Swagg.9236

I’ve already done that.

Honestly, I am begining to think that you should do another one with the assumption that Anet decided “you know what swagg makes a lot of sense, but i just don’t want to spend the effort and money reworking the game.”

I’ve done seven out of the eight professions already. I’ve been meaning to work on the Mesmer one, but CBA most of the time even though I have the ideas down.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

swagg, the more i see you post, the more i think this may be the wrong game for you. If you want to slow things down, so it is easier to counter for everyone, then you need to move on to a turnbased system similar to that of the recent final fantasy games, or pokemon.
These systems allow for wide open interpretation of the enemy, while still retaining some of the fabled “element of surprise” as you almost never know what will happen in the next round.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Swagg.9236

Ok so quickly

A: I agree with what the devs have said on this matter from launch; increasing the points gained for a kill just pushes the meta further towards bunker comps as team wipes are much more infrequent as well as disengaging being easier.

If everyone’s a bunker, nothing will get done because fights would never end. My hope is that the bunker meta would shift into a balanced meta in which there would be multiple balanced “bunkers” that could take over the duty of watching over a point on the fly but could still contribute damage to fights. Moreover, the same meta would provide even full zerker players the opportunity to contribute to point defense because there would be more room in which to move around.

Furthermore, I’ve already taken steps to address a lot of the unfair spike abilities of several classes. If anything, we could have larger nodes to promote point “bunkering” as an option for every player on a team and then simply nerf super-intense bunker builds that we see at the moment.

B: Anyone who has played legacy of the foefire can appreciate how difficult it is to debunk and full-cap the mid point (which just leads to snowball matches)

Once again, with additional points per kill added into the mix, bunkers may be more advised to abandon some points under pressure or even have a second player there to back them up for most of the match.

There’s also the option of simply adding more nodes to each map as a means to split up teams even further as I did with Temple of the Silent Storm (I’m not sure if my update to tranquility’s removal and replacement with another cap point was originally incorporated into my firsts posts, but if not then I’ll put it up there after this).

C: Your comment on decap engis was confusing, sorry if I misread the posts here. If you meant however I was wrong about decap engi not being OP, I’d suggest looking up this thing called stability :p

Not everyone is a warrior that gets 16 seconds of stability, whereby that point CC in all forms is effectively moot. Moreover, the mine-field that some Engineers opt to bring to fights can negate stability pretty quickly if it isn’t covered by every other boon in the game.

swagg, the more i see you post, the more i think this may be the wrong game for you. If you want to slow things down, so it is easier to counter for everyone, then you need to move on to a turnbased system similar to that of the recent final fantasy games, or pokemon.
These systems allow for wide open interpretation of the enemy, while still retaining some of the fabled “element of surprise” as you almost never know what will happen in the next round.

10/10
Funniest post in the thread.

in PvP

Swagg.9236

Update to the Temple of the Silent Storm map suggestion.