Game is dying, so what are you doing to fix the only content you have?

in PvP

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

There’s a lot of “pop all cooldowns > go for the kill” builds. And that’s a major problem.

Those builds are garbage in 5v5 tPvP. They just don’t work against players working as a team and protecting teammates when they get focused. They also explode when people focus them.

I’m just curious – you’re a competitive PvPer; are you playing 5v5 with an organized team? Because hotjoin 8v8 is a clusterkitten without any semblance of balance at all. If you’re judging the game’s merits on that, then your rage is fully understandable, but also misplaced.

in PvP

Posted by: broken.5871

broken.5871

Carlin, I think there are a lot of balancing issues with the spvp in this game, but its not like WoW was perfect a month into release or any MMO ever. They will continue to support and balance the game, just like blizz has done. It has taken blizz years to get pvp to where it is now.

This is not to say I agree with anything you have said, because my opinion is that the balancing issues are moderate but not game-breaking. Anyone who QQ’s like you have in this thread over an MMO that hasn’t been out for a month yet is just a troll. I know you will lash out because I said that, but that is exactly what you are being. Chill out, and lets have some intelligent discussion without being so confrontational, and then maybe this thread can address real issues without being a giant waste of time.

in PvP

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

Carlin.1059

The hardest nuke button for mesmer and rogue, makes them unkillable. They can’t be CC’d at all. When warrior uses earthshaker, the warrior can be interrupted mid-air (Unlike any other class that has movement casts).
What I meant when I said that you can’t burst someone down was that there’s simply a lack of spells for a lot of classes. IE hundred blades (which is a horrible build) makes you stand still, and the auto attack does zero damage at all. The only real burst damage warrior has is hundred blades.
Horrible.

I normally read through all of the forum before making a comment if I do, however, this comment right here is a load of BS. I got nuked down by a war in 5-10 seconds, I looked in the death recap, every GS ability has was used on me, except HB. I got outplayed, it happens, I move on with life and do my best not to let the same thing happen again, funnily enough when you practice and learn the other classes you tend to do better. Play in the competitive tPvP scene on even just a premade pug team with some kind of communication, you usually end up with reasonably skilled players, and playing against them as well, and no skilled player will use a cookie cutter build, because they know it is about 99.9% useless in a teamfight where there damage will just be countered and they will have no cds and be pretty much a walking target.

~Lone Shadow~

(edited by Sjach Darasv.3729)

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Carlin … /sigh
Atleast when u try to name the probloems with GW2 , dont try to compare it to an other game , without any other mention , u look unintelligence this way I can link too an other top arena player from twitch from a specific game , that he agrees with a lot of ppl , that the current x-pack balance was no-existance

<<PvP is cooldown based, not skill based what so ever. Some have ridiculously short CDs, others have long cooldowns, making them pure bruisers/bursters when they have CDs up which is just idiotic to a t. Lack of abilities is also a major concern.>>
This doesnt aply to any other game ?
Fight cds with cds ?
Forst nova+5 sec ice cage-frozen-stun didnt have 30 sec cd , while the Isignia had 2 min cd ?

<< PvP in GW is badly designed. You have 5 abilities, and you are rarely able to burst someone down, unless you play mesmer/thief (Or warrior with a lucky stun combo). This is flawed. >>
I play Enginner . I eat for breakfast warriors+ thiefs . If u played any other game ( but i dont think u used any cd there to win) , u will understand that some classes have weakness to an other .
While in those games didnt u have classes that can burst better than others ?

Again i agree with some points u make , but dont use the <<So yeah, this game is a major dissapoint and it’s dying day by day. The clock is ticking>> <<End of discussion>> , cuase u look extremly silly

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

GG troll detected.. pay no attention to further post from this guy

in PvP

Posted by: Mathemagician.7314

Mathemagician.7314

I don’t agree with anything the OP says, at all.

Furthermore, I don’t really see the game as dieing. It’s super alive and well. I really have no idea where you’re coming from, and I’m sorry you aren’t enjoying this game. Me and a million others are having an absolute blast.

80 Necro: Yami Blind @ [US]Sea of Sorrows
Commander for [Sexy] of the Synergy Alliance

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

I agree with a lot you have to say OP, but you seem a bit eager to bash the game.

My problem is I won’t be going back to WoW, I’ve grown way too bored of it. So I have to accept the game as is and push for some changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Noisex.7051

Noisex.7051

Agree with OP. SPVP just isn’t competitive enough and WvWvW is terrible overall. This game needs arena pvp bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Carlin.1059

Carlin.1059

I just want to clarify: I don’t think GW2 is bad — I think it’s as close as you can come to a good MMO a la WoW, but the problem being that there are a lot of stuff to fix still.
You guys all use the excuse “The game hasn’t been out for 1 month”, and already floods of people are turning their backs because of lack of actual good content in the game.

To put my whine in perspective:
Guardians are OP as kitten in 8v8, because people don’t know what to do. Guardians are fine when it comes to a 5on5. That’s how I think

So my plea is this:

Make 5on5 hot join a thing.
Make arena with rating (Where you can buy gear for RATING).
Remove the whole tournament system, as it kitten sucks.
Never ever again make a water map (not until you fix your underwater combat).
If you want the sPvP to be conquest, then give an incentive to play conquest (Pulsating +10 pts for standing on a point should be the first thing to be added to sPvP next patch.)
You get out of combat after 6 seconds, no matter if the target is still alive, or you have a pet on yourkitten

That’s basically it. Everything else is fine.

(edited by Carlin.1059)

in PvP

Posted by: Lemonseed.8751

Lemonseed.8751

There’s always some casual pretending to know what defines “skill”
These are the people who whine about what “requires no skill” yet still get creamed by higher ranked player

Besides all games have pop drops after release, GW2 is pretty normal in that regard
Look at TERA, ghost town after two weeks. That’s dying

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

@OP: I do hope they bring back HoH like GW1-style. I think the people that seem to want arena are not thinking outside the box. Why play yet another WoW-game? As one who had his origins in GW1 and found WoW-pvp to be unimaginative and horrible: I don’t want arena … but I would like some version of HoH back.
And I liked the old guildfights as well … .

On professions: Doesn’t it say something, that you claim that ppl don’t know what to do about guardians? I play a mesmer, and I really don’t have issues with other mesmers … I STILL do see a lot of ppl who don’t know what to do with confusion and clones, even if they have learned to target the mesmer. Good defensive guardians and engineers are on my list of professions, where none of us die. And yeah: I run a defensive build atm with confusion/conditions.

I do however agree with the water-thing … and holding and capturing points should be more rewarding. In all zerging is too rewarding … even more in hotjoins. Yeah … I miss HoH.

in PvP

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

I just want to clarify: I don’t think GW2 is bad — I think it’s as close as you can come to a good MMO a la WoW, but the problem being that there are a lot of stuff to fix still.
You guys all use the excuse “The game hasn’t been out for 1 month”, and already floods of people are turning their backs because of lack of actual good content in the game.

To put my whine in perspective:
Guardians are OP as kitten in 8v8, because people don’t know what to do. Guardians are fine when it comes to a 5on5. That’s how I think

So my plea is this:

If you want the sPvP to be conquest, then give an incentive to play conquest (Pulsating +10 pts for standing on a point should be the first thing to be added to sPvP next patch.)

I will agree, underwater annoys me at times. And the sharks, the kitten sharks I just cant stand…

Judging by your remarks, floods of people who are still in the WoW mindset, are leaving GW2. And I’m fine with that, it’s to be expected.

On the first page, you commented about people not agreeing with you and calling you a troll. While I do feel the word “troll” has been thrown around too much it has lost it’s meaning saying the things like:

I’ve played all of these other games, 5 time glad in WoW.
This game is dead if it doesnt become more like WoW.
Etc.
Etc.

Really makes you seem like a troll. You yourself said many people left WoW, because they are tired of it. And yet you want to turn this game into WoW. Get out of the WoW mindset.

Yes you only have 10 skill slots. But how is that any different from having 30 skill slots and only using 10 skills to begin with?

Yes, there are cooldowns unless you’re a thief. But no other games use CD’s right? …Right? No, they do. They even require a gear grind. Which it would seem you want a rating grind now, lol… Why does rating matter? All of the gear is the same in stats. Unless you really need something to show off your kitten.

And lol @ Guardians being OP. I killed two of them back to back the other day and neutralized their cap. They brought more than half their team to that node to zerg me.

Dont say, “This game is dying because it’s not more like WoW!”, “Thousands of people who came from WoW hate GW2’s PvP!” (Big surprise, they probably didnt bother to lern2dodge). Especially if you want to be taken seriously. You look like a troll.

Atleast the thread itself was funny.

in PvP

Posted by: Otiz.3259

Otiz.3259

I’m gonna call you a kittenhole real quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Wyvers.9237

Wyvers.9237

Whether you make valid points or not, claiming the game is ‘dying’ after it being out for a couple of weeks and selling over 2 million copies just makes you look silly, and no one is going to take you seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Migo.2154

Migo.2154

LoL @ OP. Have you ever tried all classes ? have you ever won a tournament? have you ever beaten any pro team aka Super Squad? Be the top player first before you claim this game is broken and not competitive. I know couple of friends who were top WoW players (4+ glad) and suck at gw2 at first. Some of them saying this game is crap and just back to wow, some of them learnt and having fun and keep wining in tPvP atm. Guess op can just back to wow and no one will say anything, because we do not care. Good at other games does not mean you should good at this game as well. ( L.James must win football world cup some day? )

in PvP

Posted by: Arcane.4950

Arcane.4950

lol “the game is dying”

No, its not.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

Bad player thinks game is broken. I think I’m getting deja vu….

in PvP

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

Agree, guardians are OP

in PvP

Posted by: Peter.8047

Peter.8047

I am only rank 7 right now and I have not played too much, but I will say the PvP in GW2 is not where near as fun as it was in Gw1. (I played Monk and Warrior in GW1)

in PvP

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Guild Wars 2 isn’t dying. And it won’t for a while. People are far more patient with GW2 considering how wonderful it is than say SWTOR.

[ Ties hands to steering wheel ] I’m going down with the ship. Remember me fondlyyyy~!

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in PvP

Posted by: snadge.2483

snadge.2483

Here we have the problem guys, a WoW PvPer that wants to kerbstomp newer players by exploiting the rating system.

When will you fools realise that grinding for PvP gear just makes PvP exploitable and a joke, just like WoW PvP is.

(edited by snadge.2483)

in PvP

Posted by: Zadawn.2471

Zadawn.2471

this won’ die,its free to play

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

I thought I would just give my 2 cents. I feel this game requires a lot more skill and awareness than most people give it credit for. I think most teams haven’t when scratched the surface yet. I only see a few teams on twitch that are starting to get the combo fields down mid-fight. One teammate throws down a smoke field and another uses a blast finisher to stealth res a downed teammate.

Managing boons and conditions on yourself and enemies takes a lot of awareness. Dont burst an enemy with retaliation up, and dont stun an enemy with stability. You can even learn to count dodges. You can blind and confuse most thieves and watch them spam heartseeker and kill themselves. A lot of people haven’t developed the awareness for this game yet. I know I still have a lot of learning to do.

And as far as the number of abilities go. A lot of classes have 20-30 abilities that you will use constantly. I prefer that over having tons of keybinds that I rarely get to use.

in PvP

Posted by: Syndane.6308

Syndane.6308

You don’t need to make up stuff to make your move to MoP plausible. Just go.

in PvP

Posted by: Kabra.4586

Kabra.4586

“A rating system is dearly needed, because grinding for 3 years to get rank 80 is just fundamentallykitten "..

If you ever played GW 1, you would know that few players will ever reach top ranks, and that’s pretty much ok.

If you also played GW1, you would also know that Anet is really committed about PVP always balancing things out, nerfing and buffing skills, not only to plain the battleground but also to give players new options to build more innovative builds.

If you also played GW1, you would know that if you don’t time your skills you will be face rolled by another player/team that does. Interupting was a major skill on GW1 and is also in here and that’s a kind of skill that you can only have knowing other classes mechanics and animations.

For those who ever played GW1 they know upfront that there’s no such thing as an OP class, maybe OP build until Anet nerfs it, and believe me, they do. If you feel like a fail than it’s because someone feels like a winner, time to you to rethink your build or wait for the next patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Skolops.2604

Skolops.2604

lol “the game is dying”

No, its not.

It’s less healthy in terms of player activity than a certain other heavily hyped game was at 3 weeks in, and that didn’t turn out to well. There are already a lot of zones without enough people in them to complete the events, even during peak hours. It certainly doesn’t look good, which as much as I have issue with the game’s PvP I am still disappointed by, because I do think its a fun game that just needs some tweaking.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

lol “the game is dying”

No, its not.

It’s less healthy in terms of player activity than a certain other heavily hyped game was at 3 weeks in, and that didn’t turn out to well. There are already a lot of zones without enough people in them to complete the events, even during peak hours. It certainly doesn’t look good, which as much as I have issue with the game’s PvP I am still disappointed by, because I do think its a fun game that just needs some tweaking.

I just rerolled and the newbie zones are still full of people as are the high level zones. So unless there is a gap of people playing around 40-70 then you are just talking out of yourkitten

in PvP

Posted by: Dejavu.8173

Dejavu.8173

Kitten Kitten Kitten Kitten kats and kittens! I went to the kittens and we decided to kitten our way to kittens. kitten kitten kats kittens.

in PvP

Skolops.2604

lol “the game is dying”

No, its not.

I just rerolled and the newbie zones are still full of people as are the high level zones. So unless there is a gap of people playing around 40-70 then you are just talking out of yourkitten

I spent about 10 hours yesterday in Diessa Plateau, Wayfarer Foothills, and Snowden Drifts, and I may have seen 6 people.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

maybe different server has different number of players

in PvP

Posted by: Boomx.7138

Boomx.7138

You get out of combat after 6 seconds, no matter if the target is still alive, or you have a pet on yourkitten

As much as I hate everything you said in this thread, you being a WoW Fanboi and trying relive the glory days, the above quoted statement is the most intelligent arrangement of words you’ve made.

They do need some work in the game, but to say it’s dying kittenpeople it’s DYING not DIEING, l2spell) less than a month after release is ridiculous without any factual evidence to back your claims. Name one game that has not had problems after release.

I think ANet has done an amazing job addressing problems, and actually following through to their word.

Boomex – GW2 – Vegetable Rythm
Tigruz – Everquest 2 – Dissolution
Boomx – Rift – Terrible Idea

in PvP

Posted by: nubery.9346

nubery.9346

- Numbers mean nothing: I can crit 10k 10k 10k 5k, and the guy is still at 80% hp. Wat.

Hahahhahahhahahahahaha.

>highest health in spvp is around 35k on a warrior no one else really comes close

in PvP

Skolops.2604

maybe different server has different number of players

They absolutely do, and that’s fine. The concern is that even if its only a few servers which are all of a sudden suffering from lower numbers, this is the same way that the general decline in other games began.

in PvP

Skolops.2604

As much as I hate everything you said in this thread, you being a WoW Fanboi and trying relive the glory days, the above quoted statement is the most intelligent arrangement of words you’ve made.

They do need some work in the game, but to say it’s dying kittenpeople it’s DYING not DIEING, l2spell) less than a month after release is ridiculous without any factual evidence to back your claims. Name one game that has not had problems after release.

I think ANet has done an amazing job addressing problems, and actually following through to their word.

I think the evidence that a lot of people are seeing is that they’ve all been involved with different games in the past which either quickly or slowly died off and they’re seeing similar warning signs that heralded the declines in those games.

If you’ve played 3 or 4 MMOs where you saw X, Y, and Z negative indications and then the game took a serious downturn within a few months after, and then you’re playing another MMO where you see X, Y, and Z negative indications, you’re going to be pretty concerned about its future.

in PvP

Posted by: Icelandica.6320

Icelandica.6320

I bought GW2 specifically because it wasn’t WoW, as have many of the people who are currently enjoying the game.

Your ideas suck and I hope to god ANet ignores you. “Gear” in this game is cosmetic, it doesn’t mean anything. You technically already have a rating, since your glory rank determines when you can access vendors who sell higher and higher chests that have better chances of getting you the “higher” tier cosmetic items.

Calling it higher is stupid because I checked the previews of the gear and I like some of the lower ones compared to the higher ones.

Here’s what you can do, quit playing for 5 months, play WoW and come back and see if you like the game. Cause the great thing is you don’t pay a subscription so you can always come back and play if you’re bored and you think the game has improved.

in PvP

Posted by: Nofe.7269

Nofe.7269

Tell me Carlin, did you enjoy Lich King? Did you have a DK, Ret paladin and Warlock? You don’t have to answer, your posts scream yes. It’s not likely to be a troll post, simply because this is the work of a WoW player who thinks that game was balanced at any point. Here’s the thing, nobody wants 100-0 burst back, nobody wants healers back, nobody really wants time spent = power back.

You might want to re-sub for MoP buddy, sounds like this isn’t your type of game. GW2 right now is objectively more balanced than WoW ever was, it’s never even gotten close to how balanced GW2 is and that’s only a few weeks into launch.

in PvP

Carlin.1059

I LOVE the fact that GW2 has taken gear out of sPvP. That’s the smartest move I’ve seen in PvP in any game ever.
Still, an MMO should be built like poker: You can play even if you don’t know kitten. Random factor mixed with skill, where the best player usually wears a pokerstars tshirt.

in PvP

Posted by: Anudieb.2450

Anudieb.2450

carlin you start a thread raging on everything and saying game is dying… for a person that says that likes the game, well you don’t seem one…. This game has almost one month.. if you look at all the things arenanet has fixed, i can’t really understand why are you doing this… They are fixing things so fast, that for a b2p mmo it’s hard to me that they do it, it only shows that they love this game and want it to be perfect.
You whinners need to have more patience, nobody is asking you a monthly fee or anything to play..
I am not saying that ou can’t say the things that you don’t like but not in the way it was…you were like a little children…
just be a little patient, it’s all we asking and arenanet would love too.. they know they have to fix things and work hard but saying that their game is broken and dying like you say in first post is not very kind.

in PvP

Posted by: benhamann.9570

benhamann.9570

The OP is an idiot. I knew this to be true in the first sentence : “…this game is rather empty content-wise (Especially PvE, as there is nothing to do)”. Lawl. Go away.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashenz.6934

Ashenz.6934

“People are getting owned by what they dont understand. Nothing is op, there is a way to counter everything. I’m rank 25 in spvp, i believe its just fine.”
——————
And you play…let me guess: mesmer or thief?
Nothing is currently right. Broken abilities like 100 blades, pwhip and moa, broken classes like mesmer, broken runes like ogre, 70% of the traits are completely useless, downed state is ridiculous, balancing system ruins good games adding an odd player, there is no penalty for leavers and many more issues.

Balance. Really, balance is pretty good.
-Jonathan Sharp, game designer

in PvP

Carlin.1059

The OP is an idiot. I knew this to be true in the first sentence : “…this game is rather empty content-wise (Especially PvE, as there is nothing to do)”. Lawl. Go away.

8 easy dungeons that anyone with half a brain can rush through, and random dragons and bugged events. Yes, the game is rich on good PvE content.

in PvP

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

8 easy dungeons that anyone with half a brain can rush through, and random dragons and bugged events. Yes, the game is rich on good PvE content.

There is more to content then what you can do. this is a beautiful world, this tyria is. I probably spent a half an hour just looking at the tombstones in ebonhawk alone.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

i bet you are full exotic don’t you?

in PvP

Posted by: Qtin.6940

Qtin.6940

OP is abviously playing a warrior, putting himself in the “underpowered” classes. Didn’t read the rest …
sPVP is terrible and needs a complete rework ! Is that what you wanted to hear ? IF so, you’re welcome, I’m out.

in PvP

Posted by: Mandra Madador.1709

Mandra Madador.1709

The game is not dying, consumer products don’t die hahaha!
Your life is dying fool!

in PvP

Posted by: OnTheClouds.7092

OnTheClouds.7092

BAHAHAHAHAH Warriors are week and lack damage. This is all that has to be said.

in PvP

Posted by: Kapoun.1702

Kapoun.1702

Agree 100%, guild wars 2 has some huge potential, but the way this game is now, it’s just sad.

in PvP

Posted by: Daemoroth.7389

Daemoroth.7389

No thanks, WoW already exists, every MMO doesn’t have to be copy of it (Funny how people whined that TOR was a reskin of WoW in the Star Wars universe, and then they’ll whine that a game ISN’T like WoW).

I love the PvP (As a Necro), I’m new, and I still suck, but I love that when someone beats me it’s not because they don’t have a job and have spent their life getting better gear than I could ever hope to get, it’s because I got outplayed/countered (I’m still getting used to using DS when my life force is full, plus dodging, plus awareness about boons/conds on me and my target, loong way to go).

Don’t beg them to change GW2 to WoW, you want to play WoW, then play WoW.

in PvP

Posted by: Aelona.8572

Aelona.8572

And, oh yeah, sPvP is just a major grind. There is no skill to getting the gear, just a helluva a lot of time. This doesn’t encourage you to actually do good at all.

Actually it does as your “ranking” will be seen by your gear. Believe me the first guy I’ll see in a dragon armor i’ll be like “holly kitten it must be such a monster”

Or a really dedicated noob

-Aelona / -Sygmaelle / -Ghinbi

in PvP

Shukran.4851

And, oh yeah, sPvP is just a major grind. There is no skill to getting the gear, just a helluva a lot of time. This doesn’t encourage you to actually do good at all.

Actually it does as your “ranking” will be seen by your gear. Believe me the first guy I’ll see in a dragon armor i’ll be like “holly kitten it must be such a monster”

Or a really dedicated noob

OR you can see at his title under the name which let u see how many tourney he won meaning he has to be skilled.