Give us some Hope - Mesmer/Thief/Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Lewk.8359

Lewk.8359

[edit]<< People don’t seem to be getting the point of this thread and are going off on “L2P” and “I kill X class easy” tangents. The point of this thread is that if you aren’t playing one of these 3 classes, you are not reaching the same potential you would have by playing one of the three instead. Please actually read the OP before commenting, thanks!>>

Currently these three classes completely outperform any of the other classes by a large margin.

Thief – Damage output and mobility far surpasses any other class.
Guardian – Defensive ability far surpasses any other class.
Mesmer – Utility (Pets/clones/illusions, stealth, teleports, confusion, debuffs) far surpasses any other class.

As it stands, unless you are playing one of these classes, you feel subpar in the role you have chosen above (or even in a hybrid of roles above). Yes you can still accomplish your role, but you would have been better off to pick one of the three classes above. That is simply how it is at the moment in TGM Wars 2.

Any word on when you will be looking at either buffing existing classes up to the same levels, or bringing these three classes back down to where everyone else is?

(edited by Lewk.8359)

in PvP

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

LOL I play an OP class!!!! Guardian!!! First time I choose an OP class and did not even imagine it.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in PvP

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

LOL I play an OP class!!!! Guardian!!! First time I choose an OP class and did not even imagine it.

I picked mesmer before people decided they were OP.
Glad I picked the right choice!

in PvP

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

When A.Net announced that there would be mesmers in GW2, I made up my mind, then and there, that that would be my class to play. Currently, in PvE (as with thieves I’m sure) mesmers are the weakest of any role out there. We bring support and we do mediocre damage when specced right, but we will never be the shinning stars of DPS. What we can bring to a table is almost invaluable.

In PvE, we shine, and not because our class mechanics or damage is any better, but because of teh HUMAN factor. People don’t want to learn how to counter a mesmer, and how they play. Having played one, my ranger can easily bring them down. Even though they can be fantasic about shutting down ranged classes, they are also weak in the fact that if you know what they can do, you know how to avoid killing yourself to a mesmer. Stepping around the wall, or that big purpley done, or getting out of the AE is essential for keeping the ranged damage up.

Mesmers are only powerful because you allow yourself to be confused. DOn’t get me wrong, its frustrating to play against, but they are far from OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Big.4891

Mr Big.4891

So what you’re saying is, “working as intended.” All of these classes are preforming well in the area’s they were designed for.

Thief is essentially an assassin, high burst low survival. As they up their survivability via stealth abilities, they lower their dmg out put. Thats why S/P is called the glass cannon build, they only have 1-2 stealth abilities w/ a high cooldown. There are cons to every pro.

Guardians, has more defensive abilities than any other class… Not even going to point out the issue with that statement.

Haven’t played enough of the Mesmer to speak fully, but I would assume that its natural for a class built with the intent of “Utility” to have more utility than the other classes.

in PvP

Lewk.8359

This post isnt about whether a class can be countered, etc. The post is highlighting the fact that these three classes OUT PERFORM any other class in these roles. As such, there is simply no NEED to play any other class at the moment outside of these three.

in PvP

Lewk.8359

Mr. Big, where does a necro fall into this? Who should play a necro and for what purpose that isnt achieved BETTER by playing one of the top three classes? Who should play a warrior when they can play Guardian? Who should play any dps class when thief will outperform their dps and mobility?

in PvP

Posted by: Kage.2389

Kage.2389

As a thief player who has tried several different specs, anything from daggers to shortbow, and have over 230 hours logged on my thief, I agree and disagree.

Our mobility, while amazing, isn’t so far ahead of other classes as one might think. Greatsword warriors come to mind. Yes, we beat them out, but it’s not by much.

Our damage is great, yes, but there are other classes who can nearly match our burst, however look at survivability. Often the classes who do as much damage as us have hundreds more toughness, and/or thousands more health. To do this insane burst, thieves very often have only 14k health, 900ish toughness and are using 48 seconds-1 minute cooldowns.

99% of the complaints I see about thief are about damage. Yes, they have a lot of damage, but usually these people don’t know which abilities of the thief to dodge, and often have less than 18k health.

Every class has a chance against another class. Rather than seeing people complain about mesmers, thieves, guardians and greatsword warriors, they should spend their time working on specs, theorycrafting, and changing their playstyle with their respective set-ups to counter the class in question.

I’m not a “pro,” but I have come across many of every class who I’ve killed, sometimes without being hit once, and other times the player of that class absolutely outplays me. That’s my fault, their class is not “OP.”

in PvP

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

Mr. Big, where does a necro fall into this? Who should play a necro and for what purpose that isnt achieved BETTER by playing one of the top three classes? Who should play a warrior when they can play Guardian? Who should play any dps class when thief will outperform their dps and mobility?

Exactly. Why play the other classes when these 3 do the roles much better.

in PvP

Posted by: Lilbeezy.8134

Lilbeezy.8134

Meh, engi are just as strong as any of them 3 you may not know it yet but the meta is gonna rain on engi’s in 5’s.. deference engi for the win!

Ellys can be just as hard to kill as guardians if they go for support. i think guardian bring more in the way of buffing team member in a full support spec than an elly but that could be fix just by adding something to the elly as well

in PvP

Kage.2389

For utilities sake.

Yes my thief has more burst than your warrior. You have crowd control to help your team. Your 100 blades + quickness combo can nearly match my CnD-Backstab burst (or sometimes out-perform it), and you survive much longer. Your ranger can deal damage from range, without being hurt, and kite until the fight’s over, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Lilbeezy.8134

Lilbeezy.8134

Exactly. Why play the other classes when these 3 do the roles much better.

I would be scared to roll any one of them 3, if you were in the BWE you saw how strong warrior’s were and rangers and how much people cried on the forums about how bad Thifes and Mesmers were. now look at thieves and Mesmer!

And i remember spending most my time on Guru looking at the warrior and the guardian’s forums and guardians would make post like.

" We just are not meant to be Pure dps" if you want to play a guardian and be pure dps your not gonna be happy" best to roll a warrior if you want to do this.

Well i play a guardian now and ill burst warriors down toe to toe even if they 100b’s me i don’t need to dodge this ill toe to toe him but he will be dodging away from pop

Flash o light>Zealots defense>Zealot flame> (after ZD is done channeling) Release ZF> boom 12k burst. med up and win. i forgot to add why thats going on i get retal for 10 sec after agis is pops … sooo powerful

(edited by Lilbeezy.8134)

in PvP

Posted by: Kreit.4709

Kreit.4709

Elementalist – suck ability far surpasses any other class.
Sorry, could not resist =)
P.S. There will be disbalance, untill A-net will make different skill parameters for PvP and PvE as it was at GW1.

in PvP

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

The fact that something in the average of 8/10 of a tournament’s players consist of these 3 classes speaks volumes.

in PvP

Kage.2389

This is all I can think about while I read this…

X class is greater than Y class at A. Y class is greater than X class at B. Y class complains and is buffed to be just as strong as X at A. So now what happens? X class must be buffed to be as good as Y at B. Now you have 2 identical classes. Sounds like fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Bnol.8732

Bnol.8732

This is all I can think about while I read this…

X class is greater than Y class at A. Y class is greater than X class at B. Y class complains and is buffed to be just as strong as X at A. So now what happens? X class must be buffed to be as good as Y at B. Now you have 2 identical classes. Sounds like fun.

I view the problem more as class Z, that is really not the ideal for A, B, or C, not having a place on a team when you need A/B/C.

There is also the problem of class X is only good at A, so can only ever play A, where Class Y is good at B or C making it is more desirable to learn to play Class Y, and it is harder to strategize against class Y.

in PvP

Posted by: Sadpandas.7489

Sadpandas.7489

Eh while those professions are good yes I feel people are blowing things up far to much as well as neglecting other professions. I am rank 20 currently and play a mix of hotjoin and pug tourneys.

mesmers: Only class I feel really needs some work. They have to much going for them and can duel anyone, hold points, roam, do it all. Huge damage output, strong utility, control and durability.

Thieves: I do not play one but I have tried them a lot and of course aside from mesmers I see these classes the most. Honestly the init system is what it is and I feel is counter productive in many ways as it will lead to people always picking what is best to spam. However they are not broken, the only issue I have with them is Haste is to much with a class that can just spam stuff so easily and leads to some wayyyy over the top burst damage. Their downed state is to powerful. Otherwise the profession works like it should and many people need to learn to play. I used to panic when I saw a thief, made mistakes and now while still a challenge no doubt I know I can beat them if i play my cards right. They work well as a high burst, high mobility roaming profession.

Guardians: I laugh when I see people complain that a guardian has to much defense. First off I imagine this must be from people who are used to blowing up glass cannon builds with their mega burst combo and when this doesnt happen with the guardian they dont get to feel good about themselves. I feel the class is pretty well balanced, people dont like not being to insta kill them, well working as intended. A DPS guardian is good as well but does not put out near the damage of many other professions ands gives up much team support. Also I feel that people have not seen enough defensive spec ele, engi, ranger and warriors….most people see guardian and assume role position as the walking mass of metal, truth is many professions can be just as tanky and more so. Give it time for people to break out of stereotypes and it will come out.

Warriors are fine and good imo. Engi is greatly overlooked and one of the strongest professions in pvp hands down. Ranger is OK but needs some tweaks. Necro has a good foundation but needs some tweaks. Ele needs some buffs.

Only class I feel after 20 ranks of PvP that is obviously over the top is the mesmer.

Haste needs to be looked at and this is mostly aimed at thieves, I find less problems with warrior haste and rangers need theirs atm.

Thief may be slightly over the top simply because they fill their role so much better then anyone else can. Ranger and Ele just need to be brought up some and it should balance out.

Warrior, guardian, engi (may be much stronger then thought of once more ppl get good with them), ranger (needs some tweaks not much) are all in a good spot IMO.

Necro and Ele need the most work currently and are a bit behind the other professions.

To put it as a list…

1) Mesmer
2) Thief
3) Engi
4) Guardian
5) Warrior
6) Ranger
7) Necro
8) Ele

How I see it currently.

in PvP

Bloodtau.4672

^^ sorry but the guardian and warrior is leagues above the engineer.

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

I find it so highly difficult to imagine why people are having such problems with the above classes.

EACH class has their weaknesses to exploit, but because players prefer a certain meta and are not flexible in how they decide to play, they automatically consider a Profession to be Overpowered.

My best advice to anyone having problems in sPvP vs a particular class – play that class for a week. By the time you turn around to play your root job again, you’ll have figured out how to counter that pesky class you dislike so much.

Guardian’s and Mesmers are particular in this. Right now, Mesmers and Guardians are at the top of the current meta, because nobody wants to take the hit in performance in their chosen areas to counter them. This is very apparent to me in the success a more AoE/Conditioned focued enemy can easily shut me as a Mesmer down, yet all of these high-focus build classes just get gunned down.

Yes, as a Mesmer, I have tools to build myself a different way to counter that weakness, but doing so opens up other weaknesses.

So the second biggest advice I can give is, if these professions are countering you hard, change tactics. Even if it doesn’t make you as much as a standout against other professions. Your chosen build has left you too far open in weaknesses to be exploited. Also keep in mind that sPvP isn’t a solo game, it’s a team game, so sometimes it pays to have one person in the team specifically countering a profession or a specific kind of tactic. (Again, I’m seeing a substantial LACK of AoE damage in the current hot-join meta. When I do encounter it, I typically have problems maintaining engagement, especially concerning condition damage. Nullfield only lasts for so long.)

in PvP

Posted by: Sadpandas.7489

Sadpandas.7489

I really don’t think so, it is more that engi is not nearly as popular and is far more complex then those professions.

Engi can be VERY tanky

Engi Has the best CC and control

Engi has some of the best condition and is easy to apply

Engi has the highest burst potential

They are amazing but most everyone who plays them are simply horrible. This is is mainly due to high skill cap and not popular profession.

Guardian I feel can be on equal footing with an engi and guardians are also vastly easier to play and more popular which leads to people focusing on the guardian and simply overlooking the engi.

Warriors are not as good as engi right now but again take one of the most played professions that is overall rather simple and you have a lot of QQ on the warrior, not to mention the fact that a lot of people even though they don’t admit it, are terrible at pvp. They then complain about broken warriors with 100B which is laughable to people who know what they are doing.

in PvP

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

Biggest problem I have with thieves is even when they build “glass cannon” they still have tons of mobility/elusiveness/defensive CD’s to stop most attempts to burst them/punish them when they go offensive. Their mobility is quite above GS warriors also, just throwing that out there. It’s pretty much impossible to keep a thief off you, it is possible with proper timing of dodge rolls against bulls rush to keep a GS warrior off you.

Thieves problem is too much mobility for how much threat they pose while in melee combined with too many defensive abilities to counter with when they are put into a bad spot. They can just counter most anything with a stealth, defensive mobility or a stun.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

I’m just dropping in to say:
Yeah, no.

So because thieves do high damage (they don’t, without sacrificing EVERYTHING. Not a viable tactic)
Guardians are defensive,
and Mesmers have clusterminions, they outperform everyone.

Sure. But a thief won’t survive a 1v1.
A Guardian will go down eventually regardless of who’s attacking him.
And Mesmers’ only problem is Moa – see Necros for information about having many minions – I don’t see how Mesmer’s outperform them there.

A warrior is a better thief.
A necro is a more survivable mesmer.
A warrior is also a better guardian.
Depends how you trait and gear of course.

Point is: There’s no such thing as “X outperforms Y+Z, don’t play Y or Z” present in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: StSwfx.3754

StSwfx.3754

A guardian has more utility than a mesmer as do elementalist who also outlcass them greatly in mobility. In fact if utility is discribed as everything you can do for others or anything that isn’t personal dps/survival then mesmers are mislabled as being good at it. Most mesmer builds run staff/sword and the only thing they provide to a group are null field, chaos storm, and an unreliable 1 sec daze with the standard utility choices. The stupid treb shouldn’t even be in the game and if it weren’t most people wouldn’t even take portal.

in PvP

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

I love people who say “all classes are balanced” because it is never, ever, ever true.

Ever.

It’s a statement that by definition is always wrong. And yet it’s very common on message boards. Interesting and sad at the same time.

in PvP

Bloodtau.4672

I really don’t think so, it is more that engi is not nearly as popular and is far more complex then those professions.

Engi can be VERY tanky

They are amazing but most everyone who plays them are simply horrible. This is is mainly due to high skill cap and not popular profession.

Guardian I feel can be on equal footing with an engi and guardians are also vastly easier to play and more popular which leads to people focusing on the guardian and simply overlooking the engi.

Warriors are not as good as engi right now but again take one of the most played professions that is overall rather simple and you have a lot of QQ on the warrior, not to mention the fact that a lot of people even though they don’t admit it, are terrible at pvp. They then complain about broken warriors with 100B which is laughable to people who know what they are doing.

Playing an engineer for 2 betas and now since release I can safely say we have none of this.
As I said, we can do a bit of everything but aren’t great at it and other classes do those roles better.

in PvP

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

So what you’re saying is, “working as intended.” All of these classes are preforming well in the area’s they were designed for.

Thief is essentially an assassin, high burst low survival. As they up their survivability via stealth abilities, they lower their dmg out put. Thats why S/P is called the glass cannon build, they only have 1-2 stealth abilities w/ a high cooldown. There are cons to every pro.

Guardians, has more defensive abilities than any other class… Not even going to point out the issue with that statement.

Haven’t played enough of the Mesmer to speak fully, but I would assume that its natural for a class built with the intent of “Utility” to have more utility than the other classes.

Working as intended? Is the elemental working as intended? As is in this game a 5 year could roll Gandalf for his lunch money. If ele was working as intended it would be numero uno in dps but have the worst armor. Just saying.

in PvP

Posted by: Neb.5347

Neb.5347

Engi can be VERY tanky

Engineers are def. one of the best classes. I run my engineer as support/heals and the amount of control and tankyness I have is insane. It always takes 3 players to bring me down, and even that takes a few minutes. And with elixir R, if you time the Throw Elixir properly, when you are eventually downed, it resses you back up before they can finish their finisher. It is pretty fun :P I can also keep my teammates alive for a long time, as I end up getting focus fired for the majority of fights, allowing my teammates to run free and slaughter enemies. I love the engineer.

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

It’s these contrasting viewpoints that give evidence to me that players just don’t know how to play yet, especially concerning getting to know and know how to counter other classes.

To be frank, there’s not many established guidlines for build approaches and methods yet. The official boards themselves have only been up a short while and the community before that has been split into several fan-forums before then. The best you can do is research different player’s reactions for things that work and hope you can duplicate.

in PvP

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

I never actually complained about any class in this game, as I mostly find them balanced. Most of the time it’s a L2P issues, like blinding, dodging, fearing thieves, using aoe for mesmers. However, this evening, as usual, I practiced with my team, and got stomped in less than a second (yes, really, it was less than a second), by a thief. No, he wasn’t HS thief, nor he used pistol whip. He teleported to me, and I was dead, that’s it. When I looked for skills he managed to cast, it was steal and backstab. I am running a build with 1.7k of toughness, so I am not glass cannon. Also, I didn’t have enough life force to get into DS, and even if I did, I doubt that I’d be able to react as quickly as he killed me. Yes, he is glass cannon, but I’m sorry, no one should be able to kill his opponent in less than a second.
Don’t pay attention to chat, since our leader had his mic broken that day, so he used in game chat instead of ts.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Malakree.5912

Malakree.5912

Dat backstab damage O.o

13k with 1 hit, kitten hell.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Hmm I guess I was wrong about that list. Thought it was current game stats.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

Posted by: Malakree.5912

Malakree.5912

Is this off your character sheet or from some online site?

EDIT: The stats off your character sheet are your personal play stats with your win rates.

(edited by Malakree.5912)

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I never actually complained about any class in this game, as I mostly find them balanced. Most of the time it’s a L2P issues, like blinding, dodging, fearing thieves, using aoe for mesmers. However, this evening, as usual, I practiced with my team, and got stomped in less than a second (yes, really, it was less than a second), by a thief. No, he wasn’t HS thief, nor he used pistol whip. He teleported to me, and I was dead, that’s it. When I looked for skills he managed to cast, it was steal and backstab. I am running a build with 1.7k of toughness, so I am not glass cannon. Also, I didn’t have enough life force to get into DS, and even if I did, I doubt that I’d be able to react as quickly as he killed me. Yes, he is glass cannon, but I’m sorry, no one should be able to kill his opponent in less than a second.
Don’t pay attention to chat, since our leader had his mic broken that day, so he used in game chat instead of ts.

Well, yes, he is a glass cannon and you probably are as well. This is generally a pretty specific spec that uses Assassin’s Signet (150% damage next attack on a 45 second cd) and a lot of might stacking via weapon switches. I wouldn’t mind seeing Assassin’s Signet changed personally, it’s a little cheesy and gimicky imo.

in PvP

Krilce.7864

Well, yes, he is a glass cannon and you probably are as well. This is generally a pretty specific spec that uses Assassin’s Signet (150% damage next attack on a 45 second cd) and a lot of might stacking via weapon switches. I wouldn’t mind seeing Assassin’s Signet changed personally, it’s a little cheesy and gimicky imo.

If you read my post fully, you would have noticed that I’m having almost 1.7k toughness, which I definitely wouldn’t call glass cannon. Here is the build I’m using:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQNAW7YjMax7Nbub8bKApCPPV47oHEbcyUKKndA;TsAAzCpogxAjAGrPOfk+sCY4x2DA
That one is certainly not glass cannon.

in PvP

Lewk.8359

People are still missing the point of this post.

The point is NOT that you can’t counter a thief as X class.
The POINT is that Thief can do more damage and have higher mobility than any other class. Period. You will not be hitting 10k backstabs, or 9k heartseekers (which in turn leap you towards your target and are spammable). You just wont and cant.

You will NOT be able to take as much damage as a Guardian as any other class (Ele comes close). You will NOT be able to spec your warrior , engi, etc to be able to Tome, Bubble, buff, etc to the same extend that a guardian can.

You will NOT be able to have the same presence as a mesmer through sheer dps, confusion (the actual ability), teleports, stealth, and debuffs. There is no class that can match it. Someone said ‘look at necro, they can get just as many pets’. Thank you for the perfect example, those pets dont do anything near what the Mesmer’s pets do.

The point of this thread isnt that these classes are unbeatable, or that there aren’t counters. The point of this thread is that if you want to play at max potential for a given role, you will need to roll one of these 3 classes currently.

in PvP

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

The only thing I find OP about guardians is their ability to heal to almost 100% hp constantly.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

Whether you are glass cannon or not, conditions must be optimal and they have to be a specific spec (and burn cooldowns) to achieve damage like that on Backstab. Not all Thieves do that kind of damage on a Backstab, and the ones that do don’t have the utility of a Thief that isn’t doing that kind of backstab damage. While I do think the damage is a little ridiculous, you need to stop making it out like this is a universal Thief thing. Very few Thieves spec like that because you lose out on a lot of stuff by doing it. It’s a 1 trick pony spec.

in PvP

Krilce.7864

Whether you are glass cannon or not, conditions must be optimal and they have to be a specific spec (and burn cooldowns) to achieve damage like that on Backstab. Not all Thieves do that kind of damage on a Backstab, and the ones that do don’t have the utility of a Thief that isn’t doing that kind of backstab damage. While I do think the damage is a little ridiculous, you need to stop making it out like this is a universal Thief thing. Very few Thieves spec like that because you lose out on a lot of stuff by doing it. It’s a 1 trick pony spec.

I never stated something like that! I have just said that no one should be able to to that kind of damage in such a short period of time. I never said that all thieves, warriors, or mesmers (my main), as a class, are OP. Yes, once he blew his cooldowns on one of my mates, I didn’t have any problem putting him down (whenever I had enough life force to mitigate most of the damage and interrupt/put some conditions). As you said, it is a bit ridiculous, and that was my main point.

in PvP

Posted by: DangerMonkey.3158

DangerMonkey.3158

The only thing this game needs is for elementalists to get a huge buff, either to damage or the earth spec and for the thief backstab build to be more of an opener then one hit wonder build.

other then that every class is working as intended.

P.S GUARDIANS ARE NOT OP, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO KILL A GUARDIAN WHO IS SPECCED FOR TANKING IN A 1V1 kitten kittenkitten EVERYWHERE

Fear me! For I am the dangerous primate!
Rank 1X SneekyTheef (T), Wizzizard (M), Gerdierhn (G)
Builds:http://www.gw2builds.org/user/dangermonkey

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Dang now engi is considered op =( time to find another class. Went from mesmer to
engi and idk guess ele? Anyone have any own your face ele builds?

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Lewk.8359

Ok yea, people still aren’t getting the point of the thread. It is not about being overpowered. It is about Thief/Mesmer/Guardian being the highest potential/most viable classes to play for any role you want to fill. In other words, whatever you are doing with your class, the thief, mesmer or guardian does it BETTER.

in PvP

Posted by: soysauce.1246

soysauce.1246

So I was doing a survey earlier by doing about 10 different tourney games. 9 out of 10 games, it’s pretty much the team with the most thief/mesmer/guardian wins. There was one game where the team with the most thief/mesmer/guardian lost but it was real close. Anyway just a food for thought.

in PvP

Posted by: Tesler.5783

Tesler.5783

I picked all 3 before I found out through this thread that they are OP.
until now I was under the impression that Warrior and Ele are most popular in part for that reason, and the 3 mentioned here as about as well rounded as all other classes in GW2

in PvP

Posted by: hauskamies.9683

hauskamies.9683

Itt: Variation between classes is bad. Every class should be able to do everything and no class shoud have a role.

in PvP

Vlaid.5790

Itt: Variation between classes is bad. Every class should be able to do everything and no class shoud have a role.

Ironic you should say that as the professions being mentioned in this thread seem to be killing off variation by being so good as to overshadow the roles other professions are designed to fill (at least that is the point proposed by this thread anyway).

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Ok yea, people still aren’t getting the point of the thread. It is not about being overpowered. It is about Thief/Mesmer/Guardian being the highest potential/most viable classes to play for any role you want to fill. In other words, whatever you are doing with your class, the thief, mesmer or guardian does it BETTER.

This, really just 100 times this.
Take whatever class you’re playing right now, create a build/role that you want to play with it. Now make a Guardian/Thief/Mesmer in similar fashion of your other class’ build intended purposes, I guarantee it’ll play with less hiccups and will be more effective.

in PvP

Posted by: cursed.5619

cursed.5619

I feel like my ranger’s bleed build works pretty well.. but this is sPvP. I haven’t played a mesmer so I can’t play tournaments right now.

in PvP

Posted by: hauskamies.9683

hauskamies.9683

Ironic you should say that as the professions being mentioned in this thread seem to be killing off variation by being so good as to overshadow the roles other professions are designed to fill (at least that is the point proposed by this thread anyway).

Just because you think an engineer can’t bunker just as good or better than guardian doesn’t make it so. Or just because you think a necro isn’t a real beast as a support class doesn’t actually make it so.

in PvP

Vlaid.5790

Just because you think an engineer can’t bunker just as good or better than guardian doesn’t make it so. Or just because you think a necro isn’t a real beast as a support class doesn’t actually make it so.

Where did I say that?

The problem is how much easier and simpler it is to do it with other professions (hard to argue the guardian isn’t a better bunker option with just the tome alone though). At least as an engineer you gotta juggle stuff a bit more intelligently and as a necromancer you definitely can’t make many mistakes.

Some professions just let you make a lot more mistakes and not have to pay for it because of how the profession is designed. That’s what’s killing off a lot of profession diversity….not necessarily “overpowered” state of one or the other.

in PvP

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

I play a thief and I honestly hope they nerf us so I have a reason to quit

CD