Glory/rank point farmers ruin sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I believe Glory/rank point farmers ruin sPvP, since they dont care about winning and only care about their stupid points.
Solution? Lower rank point cap per match to 200 or rework the point system all together to reward helping winning more than grinding points.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: drazzar.3042

drazzar.3042

I don’t see the problem, just play tpvp and everything is ok – the rank is just stupid and means nothing after r20+
I saw so many donks these days with r45+ you wont believe it, these guys are just “hotjoin-pros” nothing special – of course there are player with r45+ who are really really good, but they are usually playing paids

[void] – GH

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Are you one of those people that rages when someone volunteers to swap sides and then the team that got new people won? Because it sounds like it… if i wanted to play to win i’d grab a few of my friends/guildies and go jump into tPvP, if i just wanna have fun and kill things i’ll be playing sPvP, just relax OP!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

drazzar: all rewards are based on rank, not on skill or anything… so rank really means something ofc its cosmetic, but its the only reward/progress in spvp

they really need to do something with it… some skill based rewards, not farm based…

in PvP

Posted by: kidmaomao.9267

kidmaomao.9267

sometimes ppl play sPVP just for fun, especially killing others, 1v1 duel.
so they don’t care about taking point or defending point, they just chase players around and fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Play to win, always.

The fix? Reward double the points for winning a match, cut in half the points for capturing a node (not for neutralizing it), and award a few points for defending a capped node (even if no one is there).

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

I must agree with the OP, you see far too many players that stack 7 people on capture points solely for the purpose of gaining glory points.
I can’t really imagine any way around this that doesn’t have its drawbacks for the actual players, so I guess it has to stay.

in PvP

Bukkebruse.2810

Oh yeah, I forgot to add the current rewards system isn’t rewarding enough towards players that choose to defend a capture point, rather than running to the next and losing the previously captured point right after.

I’m not sure if A-net either didn’t want players to defend capture points (I can understand if they dislike the concept of extreme bunkers being nearly impossible to kill 1v1) or if they simply wanted SPvP to solely be action-themed, with all players constantly running from points X to Y.

in PvP

Posted by: Hanzo.9624

Hanzo.9624

I agree that there should be some point incentive to defending nodes. Even in WoW there was always the “never be the last person to leave a node” rule. It’s EXTREMELY rare to see someone in sPvP standing on a node by themselves or even calling out incomings. Everyone just runs in a large circle capping points and chasing stragglers. 90% of the time teams are just getting free points from side nodes because everyone’s zerging mid and no one bothers to go and cap the undefended nodes.

in PvP

Durzlla.6295

Play to win, always.

The fix? Reward double the points for winning a match, cut in half the points for capturing a node (not for neutralizing it), and award a few points for defending a capped node (even if no one is there).

Yeah but then you still get people like me who when they play sPvP they don’t care that much about the whole capping of the points and care a lot more about just killing things and will click “I Volunteer!” the second it pops up for auto balance so i get credit for winning whether my team loses or not…

in PvP

Bukkebruse.2810

Too bad you only get five points for volunteering to switch teams. :P

in PvP

Razor.6392

Play to win, always.

Yeah but then you still get people like me who when they play sPvP they don’t care that much about the whole capping of the points and care a lot more about just killing things and will click “I Volunteer!” the second it pops up for auto balance so i get credit for winning whether my team loses or not…

So you’re one of those that roam around derping instead of actually trying to win matches?

I hate you

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Durzlla.6295

Play to win, always.

So you’re one of those that roam around derping instead of actually trying to win matches?

I hate you

in sPvP yes, in tPvP the gloves come off and i become super competitive lol.

in PvP

Durzlla.6295

Too bad you only get five points for volunteering to switch teams. :P

no, you get 5pts for volunteering, if you get put on the other team (whether by choice or force) you get credit for winning matches, i can take a screen shot next time i swap and lose, it pops up saying “Match Win Bonus” (despite saying “Red Team Wins!” while i’m on blue team) and then i get the “Volunteer Bonus” of 5 glory.

I switch teams ALL THE TIME lol, my friends know that the second that thing pops up i’ll be leaving them xD.

in PvP

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Agree 100%.

A lot of times I’ve wished that there was no glory at all. But then a lot of people wouldn’t play sPvP, so whatever.

Hope Anet will reward those who defend points and give the glory ONLY if your team wins.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in PvP

Razor.6392

Play to win, always.

The fix? Increase the points for winning a match by a flat amount, cut in half the points for capturing a node (not for neutralizing it), and award a few points for defending a capped node (even if no one is there, it could be 5 every 20 seconds).

Quoting myself because I believe that this is the proper fix to the issue.

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: yonnystarr.2684

yonnystarr.2684

Like several others in this thread, I don’t really see what the problem is. If you actually want to play a goal-focused PvP match (such as capture/hold the point) where people are playing to win, then you should be playing Tournament. I would say free tournaments are what you’d want to be playing. Unlike SPvP people play to win in free tournaments, and unlike paid tournaments they aren’t all good (or better) players.

There is nothing in SPvP to be ruined, since it already is ruined in regards to being ‘competitive’. You can have 8 players per team, players may join and leave freely at any point in the match, and one team is usually always outnumbered by one player. These three points already influence who “wins” in a SPvP match to the point where it can’t be called competitive.

In my opinion, SPvP is for people who 1.) Just want to relax and kill some time, 2.) Practice new professions/builds, 3.)Dueling/testing with teammates/guildies, 4.)Farm honor, or 5.) Aren’t good/confident enough for TPvP yet.

Again, if you’re playing SPvP and are upset your teammates don’t always cooperate and try to ‘win’, do yourself a huge favor and do some free tournaments.

in PvP

Durzlla.6295

Agree 100%.

A lot of times I’ve wished that there was no glory at all. But then a lot of people wouldn’t play sPvP, so whatever.

Hope Anet will reward those who defend points and give the glory ONLY if your team wins.

If this were to happen i would say with 100% confidence i would never set foot in sPvP, i would ONLY tPvP with a group of 5 on a voip, and i highly doubt i’d be the only person to do this.

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

When requierements for Paids are r40+/150qp+, the only possible way for new players to pug is to farm their Tiger and lie about their qp total.

Understandable, forgivable.

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

I don’t see the problem, just play tpvp and everything is ok…

The problem is it is detrimental to the game, in that the “casual” 8v8 hotjoin sPvP in GW2 is probably the worst “casual” PvP I have ever encountered in an MMORPG, judging by how many hotjoin servers are in use now compared to say the end of October and by how few people stick around to move on to tPvP I’d suggest I’m not alone.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

in PvP

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

In my opinion, SPvP is for people who 1.) Just want to relax and kill some time, 2.) Practice new professions/builds, 3.)Dueling/testing with teammates/guildies, 4.)Farm honor, or 5.) Aren’t good/confident enough for TPvP yet.

1 – If sPvP was a raging success, I’d agree, but it isn’t, the population has declined faster than the equivilent PvP populations in other MMORPGs (and the WvW and PvE pops in GW2), there is a reason for that, one of which is the introduction to PvP (Hotjoin) is terrible.

2 & 3 – You are far better off practicing new builds on an empty server, against someone you know is competent (or at the same level), rather than the randomness of an actual hotjoin match, both in terms of skill of who you will be up against and numbers, you don’t learn anything relevant about your new bunker build if you are facing the zerg.

4 – Fair enough, though quite why anyone would want to farm honour is a mystery.

5 – If someone is new to PvP, then hotjoin is absolutely the worst introduction and likely to do little for new players confidence.

in PvP

Posted by: Sand Beagle.9867

Sand Beagle.9867

When requierements for Paids are r40+/150qp+, the only possible way for new players to pug is to farm their Tiger and lie about their qp total.

Understandable, forgivable.

Its because the general pvp population is a combination of stupid, ignorant, and elitist. It was the same in GW1, and with this poor low-skill correlation ranking system this ideology is the only thing it promotes.

The whole system is extremely circular and flawed.

Cant get into a good tpvp guild without qp, cant get qp without being in a good premade/guild. Cant get into a premade without having high rank, only source of rank is now hotjoins. Farm hotjoins for months until rank 35+. Still cant do tpvp because you dont have qp. Spend more weeks slowly getting QP by doing randoms in tpvp. Eventually get into a good guild, and know about 10% of what you need to know since everything you did was only to get rank, and not to get better.

GW2 pvp in a nutshell. For the casuals who want to feel hardcore, perhaps. Now compare that to a game like darkfall (as bad of an MMO as it was), the only thing that distinguished you was your actual skill as a player, not a number or animal that jumps out of your chest when you type /rank.

(edited by Sand Beagle.9867)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Lol it’s hot join. Majority of it turns into a big Zerg anyways like mini WvW. Just run around and have fun. If you are trying hard to win hot joins at the current build your doing it wrong and just opening your self up to pointless frustration.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I don’t see the problem, just play tpvp and everything is ok – the rank is just stupid and means nothing after r20+
I saw so many donks these days with r45+ you wont believe it, these guys are just “hotjoin-pros” nothing special – of course there are player with r45+ who are really really good, but they are usually playing paids

I would play tPvP, but theres not always people avaible who want to play tourneys with me, i am only r22 with 40qp.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

150qp is the start of the ladder lol.. I doubt those are the only people doin paids.. infact a lot of teams are not on the ladder…

Teams who pick players based on qp totals and not by playing with them and seeing if they fit the team are going to lose more then they win.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I am still very annoyed by this. If I ask people why they dont try harder to win I usually get the answer, that the game will end sooner and will give them less glory points.

Solution: reduce glory and rank point reward by 50% while your team is not leading the match.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

drazzar: all rewards are based on rank, not on skill or anything… so rank really means something ofc its cosmetic, but its the only reward/progress in spvp

they really need to do something with it… some skill based rewards, not farm based…

Not aware of any games that work like this.

Only difference is how valuable the win bonus is and that in 8v8, that is the soul purpose, farming glory because playing conquest is a 5v5 affair.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

I agree that there should be some point incentive to defending nodes. Even in WoW there was always the “never be the last person to leave a node” rule. It’s EXTREMELY rare to see someone in sPvP standing on a node by themselves or even calling out incomings. Everyone just runs in a large circle capping points and chasing stragglers. 90% of the time teams are just getting free points from side nodes because everyone’s zerging mid and no one bothers to go and cap the undefended nodes.

No one stands on a point to defend, because when you call out an inc…no one shows up.

in PvP

Posted by: DDog.4350

DDog.4350

^ This
Allways 0 response in hot join.

in PvP

Durzlla.6295

No one stands on a point to defend, because when you call out an inc…no one shows up.

So true… and btw there -is- incentive to defend your points, each kill you get while standing on your own point you get an additional 10 glory/exp or w/e it is. I was bunkering on my turret engi a few days ago and was butchering the mindless masses with 2 of my friends, never seen so much glory from a game than when i camped out in graveyard with my 2 friends on skype xD

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

So true… and btw there -is- incentive to defend your points, each kill you get while standing on your own point you get an additional 10 glory/exp or w/e it is. I was bunkering on my turret engi a few days ago and was butchering the mindless masses with 2 of my friends, never seen so much glory from a game than when i camped out in graveyard with my 2 friends on skype xD

That doesn’t work, because 1 person can’t hope to fight a zerg of 5-8.