Glory/sPvP Gear Question

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Tilah.3041

Tilah.3041

Q:

I know that the Glory currency was removed and that changes are coming on April 15. The gear that you can craft right now, will these pieces still be obtainable from PvP or those who only PvP will have to PvE to get those gear sets/pieces? It doesn’t matter to me however, since I enjoy both PvP and PvE. I’m only curious to see what will happen. I do like the system that they have now, especially if you only PvP and don’t want to PvE to obtain sets or specific gear pieces.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

A:

Before, you would get new skins in spurts each time you gained 10 ranks, but had diminishing returns very quickly. With rewards tracks you’ll get consistent skin unlocks via random drops (mob loot) and through specific weapon-choice boxes. It is true some things will be leaving PvP like cultural sets on the glory vendor, but since they only cost gold, you can go buy them with your PvP earnings.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

Well you can at least earn some skins from the upcoming reward tracks. One of the examples is the Balthazar backpiece that you can only get in PvP.

Aside from that I don’t think we have confirmation on whether we get skin unlocks from PvP in a rapid pace like we used to. However, we do get gold and other PvE materials in the future from PvP so we can always just buy the skins from trading post.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

What happens to the skins already equipped in sPvP? Should I unequip before the patch or will they safely transfer over as well?

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

What happens to the skins already equipped in sPvP? Should I unequip before the patch or will they safely transfer over as well?

You do not need to unequip or move anything.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Before, you would get new skins in spurts each time you gained 10 ranks, but had diminishing returns very quickly. With rewards tracks you’ll get consistent skin unlocks via random drops (mob loot) and through specific weapon-choice boxes. It is true some things will be leaving PvP like cultural sets on the glory vendor, but since they only cost gold, you can go buy them with your PvP earnings.

i understand this part:
“With rewards tracks you’ll get consistent skin unlocks via random drops (mob loot)”

people will now drop loot in pvp? OR you talk bout this svanir mobs ? Or you call minions from necro mob? Would be nice when they drop now loot from his master – could be nice fix for minion master ^^

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

i understand this part:
“With rewards tracks you’ll get consistent skin unlocks via random drops (mob loot)”

people will now drop loot in pvp? OR you talk bout this svanir mobs ? Or you call minions from necro mob? Would be nice when they drop now loot from his master – could be nice fix for minion master ^^

The rewards from the reward tracks are meant to simulate mob drops. You’re getting items in the form of bouncy chests at the end of matches still. For instance, progressing region-themed tracks will give you items that the mobs from those regions drop.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

i understand this part:

The rewards from the reward tracks are meant to simulate mob drops. You’re getting items in the form of bouncy chests at the end of matches still. For instance, progressing region-themed tracks will give you items that the mobs from those regions drop.

Since the bouncy chests are back, does this mean if you transfer from one region tothe other will they break like they did last time?

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Acaro.4067

Acaro.4067

And what about PvP only skins like the masquerade armor?

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

This is a helpful thread. I do have a question regarding transmutation stones/crystal obtained via PvE content and the universal wardrobe. I keep hearing about transmute charges that may/may not be part of the reward system which I am assuming will allow one to change skins via these transmute charges, but what happens to transmutation stones/crystals. Having worked through 100% map completion for legendary purposes and leveling alts I have accumulated a large amount of T. Stones and a reasonable number of T. Crystals. Will these still be usable in a universal way for selecting/changing PvP skins, or will they only remained usable for PvE skins? either It does sound like a more stream lined system, I am just seeking clarification about what the future of T. Stones/crystals will be.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

This is a helpful thread. I do have a question regarding transmutation stones/crystal obtained via PvE content and the universal wardrobe. I keep hearing about transmute charges that may/may not be part of the reward system which I am assuming will allow one to change skins via these transmute charges, but what happens to transmutation stones/crystals. Having worked through 100% map completion for legendary purposes and leveling alts I have accumulated a large amount of T. Stones and a reasonable number of T. Crystals. Will these still be usable in a universal way for selecting/changing PvP skins, or will they only remained usable for PvE skins? either It does sound like a more stream lined system, I am just seeking clarification about what the future of T. Stones/crystals will be.

They will work pretty much the same and you’ll able to convert the transmutation thingies you have now :

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Charge

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

i understand this part:

Since the bouncy chests are back, does this mean if you transfer from one region tothe other will they break like they did last time?

No, the rewards are immediate and persist directly on your account.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Domo.1798

Domo.1798

Will we finally be awarded with the appropriate amount of AP for cultural armor that we purchased in sPvP?

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Will team arena still reward more than solo arena? If so, what is the reasoning behind that?

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: MrYay.7063

MrYay.7063

Simple and dumb question, should I spend all my glory (currency) before the 15?

Peace

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Shadow Dragon.9874

Simple and dumb question, should I spend all my glory (currency) before the 15?

Peace

Yes. Glory will most likely be entirely removed on 15th and even if it isn’t removed you cannot use it after the patch so you should spend it all before the feature patch.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

wish I could spend the little bit I have left (182 glory) and get some more of the dust to use the rest of my crafting materials…Oh well.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

(waits diligently for an answer)

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

Thanks for the clarification. I think it is safe to assume that those skins will be available somewhere in the game as well. So eager for these new rewards !

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I certainly hope so… I regret spending the last of my glory on tomes now.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Shadow Dragon.9874

I certainly hope so… I regret spending the last of my glory on tomes now.

Just curious. Is it that important in the long run? There are already quite a few skins that some may have missed, like the Fused Gauntlets (in PvE you got to choose 1 armor type for these skins so you got only 1 out of 3. In PvP you could get all via match reward chests.)

And if they brought back those skins via reward tracks that’d kind of ruin part of the reason to get those LS rewards during the actual events.

Hence I kind of like it that there’s a skin or two that are exclusive to PvP.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Seabreeze.8437

Living Story elements I can understand, but… well, I just want that PvP Masquerade armor. I think it’d be silly to announce the unification of PvP/PvE armor and then take them away after the update. This is supposed to entice players to try out PvP, which will include me if I can obtain that armor set.

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

What will happen to our Pvp materials then?

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: XxAudioxX.2519

XxAudioxX.2519

Also waiting for an answer to this XD

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Posted by: BornFromMyth.9570

BornFromMyth.9570

So I have a question, and I’m sorry if this has already been answered.

Will the gear still be split between spvp and the rest of the game? I play staff ele in wvw, but don’t want to kill myself trying to play it in spvp. Would I have to use those transmutation charges just switching from spvp to wvw?

Glory/sPvP Gear Question

in PvP

Seabreeze.8437

Also waiting for an answer to this XD

Well hopefully when the devs review the inquiries in the Dolyak Express thread regarding the feature patch, they’ll answer the question I posted about this topic and we’ll finally have some clarification.