Gold? Xp?

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebrion.7815

Tenebrion.7815

Am I the only one more than a little disappointed that we don’t gain either coin or experience from sPvP? I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind it – but, to be honest, sPvP is my favorite aspect of the game, followed only by WvWvW.

I just wish that I could make progress with my alts, while still having fun with sPvP.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Gold? Nah. We don’t need it to pvp.

Xp? I’m down with this. This would let us level alts and then take them in wv3.

I would like to add wv3 gear being obtainable by glory. Having to farm gold to obtain PvE AND PvP gear is just plain silly. Its strange to think that the “gear gap” that has plagued other games, and kept them from being great pvp games, is still present in this one.

Wv3 is pvp. There should be no reason you have to do PvE content, to get gold, to get pvp gear. This encourages the “gear gap” system that just makes the non-farmers hate it.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Honestly I agree with this. At least one or the other should be awarded for PvP, preferably EXP. This way even at the level cap characters can gain EXP towards skill points ^^

I don’t want PvP to have a drastic effect on the PvE portion of the game, but there are many of us that enjoy both PvE and PvP; and hate the fact that they have absolutely no effect on one another.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

Am I the only one more than a little disappointed that we don’t gain either coin or experience from sPvP? I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind it – but, to be honest, sPvP is my favorite aspect of the game, followed only by WvWvW.

I just wish that I could make progress with my alts, while still having fun with sPvP.

you dont use gold in spvp so why earn it? and you jump to lvl 80 so why would you get xp?

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Merciless.5349

Merciless.5349

I don’t care about the XP so much as I do about the Gold.

I still don’t have 1 Gold yet. I was playing sPvP for a week straight, and I was trying to make a guild, but I did not have the 1 Silver necessary to make a guild. That is terrible.

Let us sell some things from the sPvP side for money, like trophies or something.

Those of us that have been playing sPvP exclusively for the last month or so but want to be able to jump to PvE are so far behind in the economy behind everybody else who’s been grinding money for a month.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

you dont use gold in spvp so why earn it? and you jump to lvl 80 so why would you get xp?

Because a lot of us got the game to level soley from PvP.
Using Spvp as a supplement to Hearts/Dynamic Events/Dungeons would encourage more pvp, and would help us jump into wv3 a lot faster.

Not to mention it would be just plain fun.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Mac.1936

Mac.1936

I’d be for some XP gain. At this point my Rank is higher than my Level. I have no interest in WvW simply because I can’t trait as a level 80. Or even use an elite skill for that matter.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Freakiie.8940

Freakiie.8940

I’d rather be for a revamp of WvW, with them removing the PvE elements from it and people using their PvP characters their instead of their PvE characters. Then WvW doesn’t have to give exp/gold, you don’t have to pay repairs, you don’t need lv80 + full exos to be really effective and it would stop the people going there just to farm exp/get vistas instead of actually helping out. Simply completely separate PvE and PvP.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Peter.8047

Peter.8047

Yeah, bring back Zkeys please ANet!

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Nomad.7216

Nomad.7216

Perhaps have the XP you gain scale with your glory level?

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Latorn.4209

There needs to be some further incentive, I mean we are after all using the same character for both PvP and PvE, yet we can’t even show off or use the PvP skins we’ve earned when traveling through Lion’s Arch or whatnot. Gold or EXP, I’m good with either, preferably EXP though since PvP costs nothing.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

Those of us that have been playing sPvP exclusively for the last month or so but want to be able to jump to PvE are so far behind in the economy behind everybody else who’s been grinding money for a month.

No offense, but there shouldn’t be any gold or XP rewarded for sPvP any more than there should be sPvP ranks or armor skins rewarded for doing PvE content. They’re two different aspects of the game and if someone chooses to ignore PvE content for the sake of PvP (and vice versa) that’s a conscious decision made by the player. You CHOSE not to PvE for gold, you shouldn’t be compensated for making (what you now consider to be) the wrong decision.

For the record, I split my time between PvE, sPvP, and W3 and I’m still broke too.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Merciless.5349

Merciless.5349

But this isn’t a subscription game. I am not asking for everything to be handed to me either, but I don’t want any artificial prolonging (read: grinding money/xp) the length of time I have to play the game to enjoy it just because I chose to focus on the 1 aspect of it.

I shouldn’t be punished on the PvE side for enjoying the PvP side. I would love to play and enjoy both, if I had more time, but I love PvP more and thus I’m focusing on it more.

And when I do get bored of PvP, and go over to PvE, it’ll be like I just bought the game even though I’ve been playing since release.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

While i don’t think you should be able to get gold or xp from spvp. I do think that letting pvp players use the sinks they earn in pvp should be permitted in pve.

If you want to use a transmutation stone to give a pvp skin the stats of a pve item, that should be ok. The new item created would be char bound and be considered a pve item from then on.

This would make sure that pvp side of the game would have no effect on the pve side of the game, but at the same time give pvper’s some means of showing off their kitten. As this game is all about the showing off the kitten by way of skins it just makes since to let pvpers in on the action.

Setnnex-Necro

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebrion.7815

Tenebrion.7815

I’d like to see more cross over between sPvP and the rest of the game in general. XP gained would be a nice start – being able to use sPvP aesthetics in WvWvW would also be nice.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Kso.6458

Kso.6458

Ive been saying this since release. :/ gold, i dont give a kitten about but I cant figure out what the reasoning is behind not letting me gain xp for a character that will essentially just pvp anyway. Play it your way! Well except for that way! Why oh why in 2012 do pvpers need to pve? I dont know why there is a seperation between spvp and w3, as previously stated, there should just be a clean pve/pvp split.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Jadda.1753

Jadda.1753

I would like to get some XP pvping. Rest I think should be separated.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: ChaosKnight.8963

ChaosKnight.8963

While i don’t think you should be able to get gold or xp from spvp. I do think that letting pvp players use the sinks they earn in pvp should be permitted in pve.

If you want to use a transmutation stone to give a pvp skin the stats of a pve item, that should be ok. The new item created would be char bound and be considered a pve item from then on.

This would make sure that pvp side of the game would have no effect on the pve side of the game, but at the same time give pvper’s some means of showing off their kitten. As this game is all about the showing off the kitten by way of skins it just makes since to let pvpers in on the action.

^this =)

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Latorn.4209

Simply said: this is an MMO, there’s no need to separate the players into two distinct games, one PvP and one PvE.

PvP progress should count for something- ANYTHING -in the PvE world, even if it’s just the ability to display hard-earned PvP skins in the PvE world (without the stat benefits obviously, like town clothes).

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

I think I should get crafting levels from pvping.

I laughed hard, thank you sir!

@OP
I think the game is designed to be separate. You don’t need gold or xp to pvp.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

They made it separate for good design reasons.

You can buy gold via gems-store and easily get all exotics.

They committed to have the real pvp part of the game never have a pay-to-win aspect.

If you WvW, you get xp, karma, loot drops, and gold, just like PvE. In fact it can be the fastest leveling xp, and by design you can go WvW starting as soon as you’re out of the tutorial if you want.

If you got xp (or anything else pve related) from sPvP, it’d be the only place in the game you can get it completely risk/cost free.

Gold? Xp?

in PvP

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

I don’t want any gold or xp from PvP – I don’t need it for PvP
BUT
I would like “something” to be able to buy additional character slots cuz I DO need those for PvP

OR
just make possible to save templates of builds and get rid of the anoying PvE “tutorial” when making new character

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade