Gold and Experience in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Can someone clarify this please?

>> “In the December 10th update, you’ll be able to earn gold in PvP as a match reward. As an extension of that, you’ll also be able to spend glory and gold to purchase account-bound Tomes of Knowledge , which grant a level each and will allow you to level up any of your characters. The Tome of Knowledge will be found on a new glory vendor that has several items available for purchase with both glory and gold.”

>> “Once this new system is in place, glory will be retired as a currency, and gold will be the standard currency across the game. All existing glory vendors will be removed at this time. We will give advance warning when this is coming so you can spend all of your existing glory before that happens.”

So we can use our current Glory points but all the glory vendors will be removed?

How much advance notice will we get?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

(edited by Zylonite.5913)

in PvP

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Invest in gold!

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

I think first they will release the new glory vendor that sells the Tomes of Knowledge. While the vendor is up they will advise us to spend all of our glory on the tomes, give us a notice with a date of the vendor’s removal, then on that date they will remove the vendor and wipe everyone’s glory. As for how long the notice is, no clue.

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

We’ll probably get 2 weeks to a month of advanced notice. The vendor may probably stay in the mists taking glory for a while after the update anyway, even though no more glory can be gained.

I also don’t think glory will be retired until next summer at the earliest. Probably next winter.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

So i am on vacation for December, I will lose 200k glory? you better give us enough time to make the transitions. PvP glory doesn’t come easy…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

So i am on vacation for December, I will lose 200k glory? you better give us enough time to make the transitions. PvP glory doesn’t come easy…

I’d imagine it will be up for quite some time, I mean the ticket merchant is still up.