Guild Halls and HoH references in DAT strings

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1nn70r/some_strings_about_guild_halls_and_gvg_from_data/

New strings about Guild Halls and the Hall of Heroes turned up in the gw2.dat file after the most recent update. Well HOT kitten , maybe they’re listening after all?

“Some strings that are in gw2.dat about GvG and guild halls, dated from last year:

Your party is already in that guild hall.
You must be in your guild hall to use that command.
Guild Hall
New guild hall.
Guild Battle
That guild is already involved in a battle. Please challenge another, or try again later.
Top Guild Battles

Another string i found that got me excited was this one:
Hall of Heroes

(if no one knows what is it – http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Hall_of_Heroes)
I tried to search all the others map’s name about Heroes’ ascent, but weren’t there :/"

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

Well HOT kitten , maybe they’re listening after all?

You really think so little of them that they’d just outright ignore something like guild halls and GvG? Don’t be insulting.

That said, you probably shouldn’t get your hopes up either. That “dated from last year” thing in particular could mean this was or still is a shelved project. It’ll take time even if they’re actively working on it.

But like, they aren’t stupid. Don’t act like they are. They’re making decisions based on a whole lotta things we don’t know. You don’t have to agree with the decision but they aren’t sitting in a shadowy room going “yes, let’s make the players hate us by refusing to do things for them!”

C’mon.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

If the HoH part would be real.. that would save this game. But it is from last year and nothing happened ever since that indicates these to happen anytime soon.

Also to the interview part, probably with Jeff Strain leaving, things took a new direction and PvP moved to exist in the mere shadow of PvE.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It seems more likely a shelved project, I suspect they were working on it but their priorities changed.

Another possibility if this was just recently “discovered” was that Arenanet is doing it as a way to manipulate the easily manipulated GvG audience by giving them a false sense of hope and stringing them a long for a few months. Personally, I think that is the real reason.

If the HoH part would be real.. that would save this game.

ONe of the most overused phrases on this forum, because the meta will shift to a new QQ.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

ONe of the most overused phrases on this forum, because the meta will shift to a new QQ.

Meta is bad, full of OP classes. But if I’d actually have something to play I wouldn’t care so much. But since we only have conquest with totally broken matchmaking and 0 reward, yes I think a tournament that has: progression, consecutive win bonus, gamemode and map variety and reward with a final map where the best teams can have their showdown in an open observer mode, all in one que, could really save this PvP scene.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

This really should be boxed with an expansion. If/When they decide to move forward with it.

PvE = new content on map surrounding areas yet to be explored (aka ring of fire, isle of janthir, etc), hell crystal desert whatever you see thats still in dev.

PvP = HoH (and other types of pvp, not just conquest)

GvG + Guild halls.

All packaged up together in a boxed expansion. Fundamentally they are all additional types of content/mechanics.

I’d pay.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Meta is bad, full of OP classes. But if I’d actually have something to play I wouldn’t care so much. But since we only have conquest with totally broken matchmaking and 0 reward, yes I think a tournament that has: progression, consecutive win bonus, gamemode and map variety and reward with a final map where the best teams can have their showdown in an open observer mode, all in one que, could really save this PvP scene.

When I said meta and did not mean current skill balance. I was talking about the general topic a QQ falls under and thus once this “oh we need new game mode” aka 1 of the many QQ metas, it will simply move to a new QQ. The point being is that they will always be QQ and the phrase “This will save the game” has no real meaning, because nothing will really change.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

If the HoH part would be real.. that would save this game. But it is from last year and nothing happened ever since that indicates these to happen anytime soon.

Also to the interview part, probably with Jeff Strain leaving, things took a new direction and PvP moved to exist in the mere shadow of PvE.

How would Halls save the game? Last I recalled HoH community killed itself.
but the GvG community lived on. Seems like HoH has less staying power.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Lack of new players and rank req. for entering a team is what killed HA. As the population was shrinking, worse teams had less and less chances to win a fight and new players who weren’t complete idiots couldn’t get into it, were forced to grief with PvE firsttimers. GvG went on because that was entirely a guild content and even PvE guild paticipated and were matched up with equal skilled enemies.

Since basically everything gives you rank points here and you can also get rank from other join formats, I don’t think this would be a problem. And don’t forget, GW1’s HA died after the announcement of GW2 + no new content to bring in mass amount of players, resulting in players leaving slowly.

GW2 is growing in numbers, if Pvp would be appailing (and this would definitely help to achieve that), things would work out just fine.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

lol is Jeff Strain or any other GW1 dev even still with ANet? That interview is 5 years old.

I highly doubt this to be of any relevance because they have made it abundantly clear GvG is not going to make a cameo in GW2. A year of begging for it will attest to that.

And HoH in GW2… yeah, that’s definitely not going to be an AoE spam fest. Damage is far too high in this game and without monks I doubt any GW1 modes would work, unless they gave us a passive damage reduction or something.

Good thing they went with LOLDAMAGEALLTHEWAY so we can’t have cool stuff, right?

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

You do realize ANet has said for a while that they wanted to bring Guild Halls back into the game? It was just something they were going to add post-launch.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

PvP is appealing in my opinion, lack of variety is not appealing.

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Anyways, this topic seems like a holdover from when gw2 was going to be a copy of guild wars 1. With infinite levels, heroes and secondary profession.

Lack of new players and rank req. for entering a team is what killed HA. As the population was shrinking, worse teams had less and less chances to win a fight and new players who weren’t complete idiots couldn’t get into it, were forced to grief with PvE firsttimers. GvG went on because that was entirely a guild content and even PvE guild paticipated and were matched up with equal skilled enemies.

Which is exactly his point.

HA players did not want players without a high rank and the only way to get a high rank was to play and you couldn’t play without rank and the whole thing fell apart.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

In gw1 guild halls , u could upgrade them with items , like housing ?
They where istanced , only visible by your guildm8s ?

If they change it , to something like a glass-see thought castle – or more artistic flying glass pieces-Asura design , near the treb-cannon Ncp) , that the :

a)<<commoners>> (low rank) are in the lower empty deck ,
b) <<professional>> ( 15 good teams) are in the first floor (15 devided rooms )
c) <<experts>> (2 teams) on the second floor ,
would make much difference ?

All these players can only travel to their platform , using the Silvari elavator mechanic
The 1 floor have a huge table <<electronic>> device that u can right click and <<play>> (ur body stay still and u are teleport in 1 of the minigames that was introduce in the past – like Reaper’s Rumble)
While the second floor have 3 minigames (like Sanctum Sprint Race)

Edit: Or like the Plawres Sanshiro (Juohmaru!) , there a pit can u direclty dontrol your pets and fight in a small pit , like gw1 pet battle or hwatever they where called)

Wouldnt motivate ppl to strive to win and form teams ?

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Anyways, this topic seems like a holdover from when gw2 was going to be a copy of guild wars 1. With infinite levels, heroes and secondary profession.

Which is exactly his point.

HA players did not want players without a high rank and the only way to get a high rank was to play and you couldn’t play without rank and the whole thing fell apart.

And you think it’s different in Team Que in GW2? Nope, people are looking for r45+ mostly. The only difference is, you can get ranks from hotjoin, soloque, or even losing Team Arena matches. So you missed my point again.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Were those strings in GW1 as well? Maybe some copy paste kittens and non used lines…

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

You really think so little of them that they’d just outright ignore something like guild halls and GvG? Don’t be insulting.

That said, you probably shouldn’t get your hopes up either. That “dated from last year” thing in particular could mean this was or still is a shelved project. It’ll take time even if they’re actively working on it.

But like, they aren’t stupid. Don’t act like they are. They’re making decisions based on a whole lotta things we don’t know. You don’t have to agree with the decision but they aren’t sitting in a shadowy room going “yes, let’s make the players hate us by refusing to do things for them!”

C’mon.

Really? You dont think theres a large dark room with reclining leather chairs? Explain rallyingn and underwater combat.

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

C’mon.

They’re not stupid, but recent balance patches have proven they have a serious lack of perspective.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

C’mon.

They’re not stupid, but recent balance patches have proven they have a serious lack of perspective.

We can’t scientifically know if they are stupid, but every content release leads us to this conclusion.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

idk about all this stupid talk, but im pretty convinced there’s some inspector evil style plotting to make players hate the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Shouldn’t all of this have been in the game from the start?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Motoko.2875

Motoko.2875

Yes. We all really do think that little of them. They ignored the constant influx of input from seasoned GW1 players in regards to PvP.

They ignored us and look at the result.

Don’t be insulting? Calling this game Guild Wars 2 was an insult to every fan of the original.

IGN: Motoko, Motoko Kai, Gladiator Motoko – Zero Quality [zQ], [LaG], [USA]

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Stop dreaming!

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

The 1 floor have a huge table <<electronic>> device that u can right click and <<play>> (ur body stay still and u are teleport in 1 of the minigames that was introduce in the past – like Reaper’s Rumble)

Sorry for the spam
But we can monotorize this stipid idea , by buying <<coins>> from the cash shop , or u have to win more matches from the 5v5 tPvP , so ppl wont stay 24/7 on the minigames

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Yes. We all really do think that little of them. They ignored the constant influx of input from seasoned GW1 players in regards to PvP.

They ignored us and look at the result.

Don’t be insulting? Calling this game Guild Wars 2 was an insult to every fan of the original.

With all the “I’ve never heard of you” posts going around, it’s funny to actually see a name I recognize from GW1.