Guru-State of the Game is a joke

in PvP

Posted by: Ace of Spades.6325

Ace of Spades.6325

I apologize for my bad english

Java is from the US, they are 1 month behind in the meta, all the US teams got stomped when they came in EU.

Xeph is a cool guy, but i haven’t seen TP in paid for more than 1 month, and the meta changed a lot meanwhile.

And who is ‘’Vain?’’

It’s just my 2 cents, but i think that doing this kind of thing is pretty arrogant, at least win a lan event and prove that you’ve a deep knowledge of the meta before talking.

Maybe it’s just me thinking that it’s arrogant, it’s a subjective opinion, and i might be wrong. The main problem i have with this kind of things is that it might end up like the other time, where that guy Meteor said a bunch of stuffs that weren’t true.

I don’t think i need to explain why having a bunch of people, (that may or may not have the knowledge) talking to a big crowd, could mislead the community into believe in something that is wrong.

Master of Disaster, team Super Squad
http://www.youtube.com/user/iamgrunt100?feature=mhee

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I think it was more or less just for fun IMHO.

And although I don’t agree with a lot of what’s being said or what strategies they use to approach certain situations, I don’t think I’m in a position to get upset about it, because:

- Vain and the guys of QT have more QP’s and probably more playing-experience than me (I don’t think it makes them necessarily understand the game better though ^^‘)
- This kind of thing like SotG’s is exactly what GW2 needs and it essentially a good thing. I’m not doing it, you’re not doing it, why complain about it?

IMHO, you guys from Super Squad should go on there and Discuss with them, because thats what we need! If you know it better than them (and hell yes, I believe SS would tomp the whole NA-Scene into the ground EZ! ^^) then go on the “show” and talk about it, that stuff is interesting and would create some much needed excitement in the “semi-pro-scene” GW2 has atm. ^^’

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i actually thought they had an excellent understanding of the meta, how it’s bad, and why it’s bad.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

From what it seems, Europe has more people who try to “innovate.” Don’t quote me on this though.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Tixe.3684

Tixe.3684

They said with the initial state of the game that they wanted to make it a monthly thing so people could continually voice opinions on the game and the direction it was heading.

Last time was all EU players, some of those who didnt really deserve to be there. So they cut it down to 3 guests and decided to give NA players a voice.

Java being the team leader for PZ and Vain from QT which are 2 of the top NA teams. EU is still being represented by Xeph, and while TP hasnt played much in the last month that was mainly due to people being away for the holidays and dealing with real life things.

I’m going to take the rest of your post about NA meta and teams as troll and just leave it at that. Seems kinda silly to talk trash about 1 of the only active community events going on in a game thats trying to hold on till missing features are added and the game can once again grow.

Demonsurge/Nerdmagnet – Anvil Rock server

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

Java is from the US, they are 1 month behind in the meta, all the US teams got stomped when they came in EU.

What? Who went to EU besides curse (not the best US team).

If you’re going to make all these assumptions about EU being better than US, why don’t you come over to US and play?

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

I give this thread 0/10. I don’t know what the attitude is with all these EU players claming they are the “best of the best” and NA is far below them. I’ve yet to see the top EU and NA teams play each other to prove their points, and as folly said I don’t know any full teams from NA worth a kitten that actually went over to EU to compete.

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Zzyzx.8906

Zzyzx.8906

13. Ace of Spades.6325 – 490

2. javasocute.1876 – 606

Yeah…. clearly he knows nothing about the meta but because you are from EU and you’re in the almighty unbeatable “Super Squad” I guess we should just all bow down to you and listen to everything you say.

I could be wrong here, but I don’t recall any of the top NA players bashing you EU guys during the first state of the game. Instead, most of the guys tuned in and listened and supported you guys trying to help make the game better and progress. The same thing these guys are trying to do. They didn’t say anything when you guys had your turn to speak and now it’s their turn.

Grow up.

in PvP

Posted by: East.8960

East.8960

What? Who went to EU besides curse (not the best US team).

If you’re going to make all these assumptions about EU being better than US, why don’t you come over to US and play?

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I give this thread 0/10. I don’t know what the attitude is with all these EU players claming they are the “best of the best” and NA is far below them. I’ve yet to see the top EU and NA teams play each other to prove their points, and as folly said I don’t know any full teams from NA worth a kitten that actually went over to EU to compete.

And that’s exactly what kind of Hype we need and why we need Cross-Server PvP, at least in the monthly finals and stuff.

Back those words up Bihatch! ^^’

Besides, EU thinks they’re better in most games, because in most Games, it’s true. :P (CS, SC2, SC:BW), only in games no1 cares about, like Halo, US is better. xD

GW1 was actually one of the Games where US had some very strong teams, like QQ, iQ etc.

in PvP

Posted by: DevilsGlare.7658

DevilsGlare.7658

Ace of Spades, my name is “QT Vain” and I steal all of your EU viewers on Twitch.
You may ask, “Why is that?”

My response… Cause I teach you kids how to play the game.
BTW, who the kitten is “Super Squad”?

If we ain’t laughin, we ain’t winnin.
Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Posted by: QtHman.9510

QtHman.9510

All i can do right now is LAUGH at Ace of Spades. Dude are you serious? you come here asking who’s who and thinking that you know it all just because you’ve been playing since day one? I could ask the same question who are you?? Don’t come here saying that NA teams went to EU and they got stomp when you have no prove of that. Don’t be thinking that you or your team are any better than some of NA cuz you dont know that yet. last time i saw you guys here Sataarcoeney’s team stomp you guys with pugs. but oh wells good luck thinking that your good or your better than everyone else.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

It’s just my 2 cents, but i think that doing this kind of thing is pretty arrogant, at least win a lan event and prove that you’ve a deep knowledge of the meta before talking.

Yeah there are so many super competitive LAN events going right?

I think its hilarious you speak of arrogance after making this whole post. The game and the competitive community is currently a joke. The people on the US side have at least come to the realization of these things and many competitive teams have put things on hold. It looks like you guys in Europe are a little slower on the uptake and think your results in this game are reason enough to have an ego.

Congrats you are good at a game which has a boring design, stale meta, lack of competitive features and about 100 viewers on twitch and a dwindling competitive scene.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

This thread is not going to end well but in the meantime….Gold Jerry. Gold!

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: EaGrimdarK.7849

EaGrimdarK.7849

I guess in the EU theres a lot of noob pug’s to farm QP’s off of still.

If you are that upset at GW2 then you just look like an idiot for sticking around. -Bongwizard Slubs

in PvP

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

Are you seriously talking about arrogance when you’re telling people they don’t have the knowledge or skill to go to the sotg but your “Super Squad” does. You can’t say EU is further advanced then NA because there is no way to judge that. Get off your high horse and chill out, maybe you’ll get invited to the next one, then again, with that attitude… maybe not.

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Fuzion.7613

Fuzion.7613

Are you seriously talking about arrogance when you’re telling people they don’t have the knowledge or skill to go to the sotg but your “Super Squad” does. You can’t say EU is further advanced then NA because there is no way to judge that. Get off your high horse and chill out, maybe you’ll get invited to the next one, then again, with that attitude… maybe not.

Shan is mad

<3

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I apologize for my bad english

Xeph is a cool guy, but i haven’t seen TP in paid for more than 1 month, and the meta changed a lot meanwhile.

And who is ‘’Vain?’’

Maybe it’s just me thinking that it’s arrogant, it’s a subjective opinion, and i might be wrong. The main problem i have with this kind of things is that it might end up like the other time, where that guy Meteor said a bunch of stuffs that weren’t true.

I don’t think i need to explain why having a bunch of people, (that may or may not have the knowledge) talking to a big crowd, could mislead the community into believe in something that is wrong.

That Metor guy was a BS thief spammer ..and yes nobody liked what He said( ofc exept most thief players), it was mostly bullkitten regarding everything which counter his cheesy build, him along with Lowell were simply WHINING about a specific class, while the other guys were trying to bring the discussion to a more general point, in the end 90% of that Metor talk was all about how he wasn’t able to f1-2-2-2-f1-2 a decent ele….

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

Metor was a necromancer.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: Maze.5283

Maze.5283

Hi i’m tokyomurai

I think what Master of Disaster is trying to stress is that having Xeph represent EU’s opinions on the meta might not be the best option for something that will be broadcasted to the whole of the GuildWars2 community. That’s all, there’s no need for a beef yo, we love you americans

in PvP

Posted by: Ziddy.2583

Ziddy.2583

I lawled. Is that the same super squad still trying to ride the coattails of beta before everyone and their grandmas caught up to them?

And lawl @ being sponsored by Eclypsia, the biggest esport ‘joke team’ of them all. Go win a lan event before you go spouting nonsense. Talk about ‘arrogance’ rofl.

in PvP

Maze.5283

I lawled. Is that the same super squad still trying to ride the coattails of beta before everyone and their grandmas caught up to them?

And lawl @ being sponsored by Eclypsia, the biggest esport ‘joke team’ of them all. Go win a lan event before you go spouting nonsense. Talk about ‘arrogance’ rofl.

It’s got nothing to do with SuperSquad, this is one mans opinion, relax

in PvP

Posted by: Danto.6748

Danto.6748

Hey guys, I’m Danto, the best Guardian in the World and I think that this post is pure GOLD. I only agree with Ace of Spades on the “Xeph” part and only because I know that TP was out of the scene in EU for quite some time now. Xeph is an awesome player and TP is a very good team, but I doubt they are on track with the current EU meta.

We love America and their contribution in the NA PvP scene. <3

P.S. Please quote me as much as possible and make sure to highlight the part with “best Guardian in the World” because it clearly isn’t sarcastic. <3

P.P.S. ’murica! <3

[TCG] Danto – Gaurdian

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Metor was a necromancer.

Ty for the correction, Metor is the necro and Lowell the thief BS, still both were complainin about the same profession, their understanding of the mechanism behind this profession is limited at best, they were mostly whining about what works best against them, no suggestion of correction of anything..just plain whining

Basically this is what the meta should be for EU “top” players:
" I’m a thief, I can go stealth and one-shot you, you can’t have too much defense because then I can’t one-shot you and this down system is dumb, remove it, so I can go one-shot people and feel pro"

(edited by Arheundel.6451)

in PvP

Maze.5283

Still, a few ego’s have flared because of Master’s opinion. No need for it, agree or disagree, nothing to do with SS.

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

Lowell isnt a BS thief, nor is he a weak one.

Why do we have to create a rift between eachother like this? Why are both sides so insecure about their own abilities that they feel the need to trakittenalk the other side?

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: Naito.5693

Naito.5693

The whole US paid tourney scene is a joke. You are 2 months behind the meta. I’ve watched all your streams, you are utterly bad. Shut it.
This thread is boring.
Angry americans are angry.
I kind of agree with Ace of Spades.
This thread is so boring that I can’t even be annoyed to make a proper response.
I like pies.

A Lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Still, a few ego’s have flared because of Master’s opinion. No need for it, agree or disagree, nothing to do with SS.

Isn’t he/she on SS?

in PvP

Danto.6748

The whole US paid tourney scene is a joke. You are 2 months behind the meta. I’ve watched all your streams, you are utterly bad. Shut it.
This thread is boring.
This thread is so boring that I can’t even be annoyed to make a proper response.
I like pies.

This wins the whole post.

Gi Gi no re for everyone. Naito <3<3<3

[TCG] Danto – Gaurdian

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Lowell isnt a BS thief, nor is he a weak one.

Why do we have to create a rift between eachother like this? Why are both sides so insecure about their own abilities that they feel the need to trakittenalk the other side?

Because the community is small and split.

This frustrates top players.

PvP balance and lack of e-sport features like a ladder ( something would solve the EU vs NA diatribe) frustrates casual and pros in the same way.

Those are kinda heat issues, and maybe PvP players patience is about to finish.

That’s why.

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

Ace of Spades, my name is “QT Vain” and I steal all of your EU viewers on Twitch.
You may ask, “Why is that?”

My response… Cause I teach you kids how to play the game.
BTW, who the kitten is “Super Squad”?

True story.

Edit: Why do you guys all complain about Xeph representing EU ?

Ok he didn’t play for maybe 1/2 month, but tell me what HUGE change there was ?

IIRC, he is in TP which was the in the TOP 5 QP while they still played.. I don’t think it was a bad idea to take him .

(edited by Syko.3726)

in PvP

Maze.5283

Isn’t he/she on SS?

Yes, so?

Is he not entitled to his own opinion? Did he mention he is speaking on behalf of supersquad? No.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Isn’t he/she on SS?

Yes, so?

Is he not entitled to his own opinion? Did he mention he is speaking on behalf of supersquad? No.

He represents your team…No one is saying he isn’t entitled to his opinion, but everyone is entitled to theirs in associating him with the team he represents. So yes, it does have to something to do with SS.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

When you are part of an organization and you are using your association with that organization as a reason your opinions have merit, then your words will reflect on that organization as well.

I know many video game players might have limited experience with the real world and how things work but it is same reason that players on sports teams can receive large fines for running their mouths in a similar fashion, because it reflects poorly on the organization.

in PvP

Posted by: Ziddy.2583

Ziddy.2583

Isn’t he/she on SS?

Yes, so?

To put this is simple terms for you to understand.

He makes you look Bad. Very Bad.

That is if you are on his team of course.

in PvP

Maze.5283

Isn’t he/she on SS?

Yes, so?

I’m not SuperSquad, just think it’s silly that people have turned to flaming SS because Master has an opinion, that’s all. Also, it doesn’t necessarily make SS look bad just because you don’t agree with him, doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a point.

in PvP

Posted by: ertugrul.8031

ertugrul.8031

I dont get why people try to crap on the community for doing things like this….

One word to commentators going that show, we know you’re human and you can have some worries about your charisma or whatever. But have some balls out there and say what you think boldly.

in PvP

Khalifahaze.6045

Isn’t he/she on SS?

Yes, so?

I’m not SuperSquad, just think it’s silly that people have turned to flaming SS because Master has an opinion, that’s all.

To summerize this for you because you clearly can’t understand he started this thread basically saying that the NA scene has no merit to voice their opinions on the state of pvp in this game. He believes NA to be far behind EU and is upset that more EU players weren’t invited, even though in the last state of the game not one NA player was asked to participate. This is why some people strongly disagree with his statements.

in PvP

Maze.5283

Isn’t he/she on SS?

Yes, so?

I’m not SuperSquad, just think it’s silly that people have turned to flaming SS because Master has an opinion, that’s all.

To summerize this for you because you clearly can’t understand he started this thread basically saying that the NA scene has no merit to voice their opinions on the state of pvp in this game. He believes NA to be far behind EU and is upset that more EU players weren’t invited, even though in the last state of the game not one NA player was asked to participate.

I don’t agree with everything he says

He doesn’t feel Xeph is a viable candidate to represent EU. Tis all

That is a fair point, and I agree. That’s all

in PvP

Posted by: Lowellollipop.5817

Lowellollipop.5817

Isn’t he/she on SS?

Does the fact that he plays on the team mean that he isn’t allowed to have his own opinions? I didn’t even know this post existed until 3 people whispered me all like “OMG OMG GO LOOK AT THIS LOLOLOL EPIC LOLOL”

When you are part of an organization and you are using your association with that organization as a reason your opinions have merit, then your words will reflect on that organization as well.

He’s not using the team to backup what he’s saying. Knowing him, even if he was a casual player and did only 5-10 paid tournaments a week with pugs he would think the same way and do the same thread.

If you want the team’s point of view: saying X or Y is good or better/worse than Z is meaningless before monthlies/independant tournaments/a ladder start rolling and those community talks are good for the community, no matter who is invited.

As for my own input: I am sad that Xeph and Grouch get attacked by the thread, they really don’t deserve it as they are both people trying to help a dying community that needs content such as this podcast. As for the others, I don’t know them but they’re willing to participate for the community so they can’t be bad guys.

As for the rest of the thread, it’s priceless. Keep on going! (^^)

(edited by Lowellollipop.5817)

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

This thread is boring.
I like pies.

this thread is awesome

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Lorienda.1349

Lorienda.1349

there is a huge gap between eu and na atm
a good eu pug can probably take down the best team on na its not because u are bad
u just dont have any decent players to play against so u naturally not as good as us.
so ye u should not have a spot in the state of the game atm till na evolves to be decent.
u can just break the game.
the meta on na is so broken you guys think it works cuz you are playing against kitten teams
so ye.
and i agree about the rest with spades.

Jexster ~ Chieftain Ninjas

i cant have a bad picture i dont know why,ask god.

in PvP

Khalifahaze.6045

a good eu pug can probably take down the best team on na its not because u are bad
u just dont have any decent players to play against so u naturally not as good as us.
so ye u should not have a spot in the state of the game atm till na evolves to be decent.
the meta on na is so broken you guys think it works cuz you are playing against kitten teams
so ye.

Please I beg you EU pvp gods, come to NA and show us how to play

in PvP

Danto.6748

so ye.

But there aren’t any ques in NA :/ QQ

[TCG] Danto – Gaurdian

in PvP

Khalifahaze.6045

so ye.

4-5 hours of paids at night, probably not as much as you’re used to but there is ques daily.

in PvP

Posted by: Lorienda.1349

Lorienda.1349

so ye.

4-5 hours of paids at night, probably not as much as you’re used to but there is ques daily.

im challenging u to come for a sync in eu i will make sure we stream it aswell .

Jexster ~ Chieftain Ninjas

i cant have a bad picture i dont know why,ask god.

in PvP

Khalifahaze.6045

so ye.

im challenging u to come for a sync in eu i will make sure we stream it aswell .

You should come to us, I’m not the one making baseless claims on how far superior EU is to NA.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

this battle will be like Manny versus Floyd Mayweather, I know it will never happen but if it did the viewership would be through the roof. Make this happen now!

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

this thread l0l

in PvP

Maze.5283

this battle will be like Manny versus Floyd Mayweather, I know it will never happen but if it did the viewership would be through the roof. Make this happen now!

Haha, great comparison