Highest Population Server: Heart of the mist

in PvP

Posted by: shalmont.2539

shalmont.2539

Simple…… I would like to know which server has the highest population overall in heart of the mist, I can say that for such a populated server as “Fort Aspenwood” we do NOT have that many TPvP’ers or SPvP’ers in the heart of the mist, even on peak hours, im seeing somewhere between 50-60 people max…

What is your current servers max give or take? maybe we can get some sort of list going

(in case some of you dont have the patience to read all the way to the bottom, here is WHY i want to know this)

Since people want to know the reason for my question:

It is important to be in a high populated TPvP or SPvP server because like someone already stated above, it is sometimes very hard to find players to fill out spots, I just switched servers to one of the more populated servers, which again (like fort aspenwood) has a somewhat dead heart of the mist.

I am assuming every server has their small community of TPvP players, however I would like to know which one of those small communities is the biggest so I have more options as to who I party up with for tournaments.

now that I answered your questions, can you please tell me an estimate of what you see on the heart of the mist, on non-peak, and peak hours?

thank you kindly.

(edited by shalmont.2539)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

tpvp is cross server so no need to do that

in PvP

shalmont.2539

The Mist lobby is NOT cross server, so there is a need to do that.

in PvP

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Why does it matter how many people are in the lobby if it has no bearing on the people with whom you can play? Not a rhetorical question, just curious what you’re hoping to get out of it. Conversation?

in PvP

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

It matters when your trying to
1) find a group
2) find a guild
3) look cool?

Setnnex-Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Join some tpvp . If u find some skilled players-oponents , try to speak and ask them if they want to join ur guild and what time ur team will be playing :P
Ppl can join mutlyplay guilds and join their friends server from free :P

Edit: Angry when they stop the free migration i mean :P
I didnt know there where 4 guild caps :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Join some tpvp , if u find some skilled players-oponents , try to speak and ask them if they want to join ur guild and what time ur team will be playing :P
Ppl can join mutlyplay guilds and join their friends server from free :P

You can’t join your Friends server. And the guild cap is 4.

Setnnex-Necro

in PvP

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

I hear Dragonbrand is where its at.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I agree, I’d like to see more people to be able to form parties easily. I suppose the solution would be to make/find a cross-server tpvp guild. When you want to tourny up, swap to that guild and ask for party. If any1 has one of these I’d like to get in on it btw.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

or maybe “lfg” could open a window with a list of players waiting for team, as in gw1 for pve quests

in PvP

shalmont.2539

Since people want to know the reason for my question:

It is important to be in a high populated TPvP or SPvP server because like someone already stated above, it is sometimes very hard to find players to fill out spots, I just switched servers to one of the more populated servers, which again (like fort aspenwood) has a somewhat dead heart of the mist.

I am assuming every server has their small community of TPvP players, however I would like to know which one of those small communities is the biggest so I have more options as to who I party up with for tournaments.

now that I answered your questions, can you please tell me an estimate of what you see on the heart of the mist, on non-peak, and peak hours?

thank you kindly.

in PvP

Posted by: KogarasuMaru.7036

KogarasuMaru.7036

Population in the mists have been steadily declining. On Blackgate, there are maybe 30 people standing around. Half of them are afk. Sometimes there are a few people looking for groups, otherwise map chat is dead silent. Blackgate is supposed to be one of the pvp servers too.

in PvP

Posted by: Scarlett.1549

Scarlett.1549

I hear Dragonbrand is where its at.

I think it’s Dragonbrand too. There are always heaps of players in mists at all times of the day.

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

Henge of Denravi seems plenty active.

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Chesterson.6905

Tom Chesterson.6905

I’m on Fort Aspenwood and it seems fine to me.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Make an international channel from gw1 lol. Seriously though don’t come to Darkhaven during Aussie hours, not to sure about peak time but we usually need to convince members of our guild to fill the last spot, that’s usually a bad idea as a lot of them just like WvW and don’t sPvP at all.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: JustChillin.6095

JustChillin.6095

Just curious, is the server browser cross-server? If it’s cross-server, it seems like a fairly low number of people are playing sPvP (a little over 1000 at about 11 est last time I checked). Seems like a healthy number if it’s cross-server though.

in PvP

Posted by: Mathemagician.7314

Mathemagician.7314

It is cross server by data center according to a recent candid conversation with Jon Peters

So it’s not all servers it seems, but a cluster of them

80 Necro: Yami Blind @ [US]Sea of Sorrows
Commander for [Sexy] of the Synergy Alliance

in PvP

Posted by: Zeta Reticuli.9203

Zeta Reticuli.9203

It is cross server by data center according to a recent candid conversation with Jon Peters

That’s not at all what he was saying at all. He said the opposite of that. He was responding to someone asking if Anet could merge every server’s mist into one server so they can find people easier. Peters was commenting on how it would be a bad idea.

in PvP

Posted by: DoubleUnder.9052

DoubleUnder.9052

So you are saying the X amount of servers run together for sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Just to clarify – the way it works:

• Your pvp lobby (for example, Stormbluff Isles) is separate from other lobbies. If I’m in server A and you’re in server B, we can’t see one another in the lobby.
  • The game browsers are shared ACROSS ALL servers. This means that all US lobbies play together and all EU lobbies play together. So even if one person is in US lobby A (Stormbluff) and another person is on US lobby B (BattleNinjaParadise), they can still play in the same pub games or tournaments, even though they came from different lobbies.
  • You can play with friends on different servers even if they’re not in your lobby, as long as your friend plays on a server which is in your region (US or EU). So 2 players on different US servers can play a tournament together, but someone in the US and someone in the EU could not.

Hope that makes sense.

K bye.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

K bye.

Nice touch.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Is it an intended design choice that different regions cannot tourney together? In other words can we expect it to be changed in the future?

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Is it an intended design choice that different regions cannot tourney together? In other words can we expect it to be changed in the future?

Yes, for now. We’re worried about the lag issues that may arise, which would be unfair to one of the regions. Sucks to lose tournaments because you’re lagging and your opponents are not.

We may revisit it later, but for now, that’s how it works.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

K bye.

Made me laugh.
Please don’t delete my post.

K thx.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: miracle.4216

miracle.4216

Population in the mists have been steadily declining. On Blackgate, there are maybe 30 people standing around. Half of them are afk. Sometimes there are a few people looking for groups, otherwise map chat is dead silent. Blackgate is supposed to be one of the pvp servers too.

This. I used to sPvP daily but conquest is beyond boring. i cant take it anymore. Everyone knows jade quary only attracted PvEers in GW1 looking to make easy cash. conquest is NOT “PvP”. why the devs decided to start with conquest only in GW2 is beyond me

I’m awaiting ra/ha in gw2 and/or something new like capture the leader to get back into PvP.

You know…. PVP = kill the other team. Simple.

in PvP

Posted by: TeaDoa.5968

TeaDoa.5968

I didn’t know about the different lobby if in a team can play together.