How to fight against a Necromancer?

in PvP

Posted by: TimTWW.5867

TimTWW.5867

I’ve been playing PvP with my Thief took me a while to actually use him well and I’ve been able to do better and better the more time I put into practising him. However one there is one profession I have never been able to successfully 1v1. Often as a thief I go around the back capping points when they don’t realise it however there is usually one person left behind to guard the back. I can seem to be able to remove the necromancer from the point on my own. Necromancers dont seem to be very quick but I cant get close enough before being feared or chilled then they can laugh at me as their stacks of bleeds and poison melt my hp. I’ve tried to go ranged against them but sadly the short bow and dual pistols dont seem to match the Necro’s staff and scepter in dps. So can anyone give me some tricks or ideas on how to fight Necromancers with my theif?

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

What’s your build? Only way we can help you.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

TimTWW.5867

What’s your build? Only way we can help you.

Dual Daggers with Force Runes
Armor has Scholar runes

Deadly Arts 10 III
Critical Strikes 30 VI VIII XI
Shadow Arts 20 VI VIII
Acrobatics 10 VI

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

My first piece of advice would either be to move 10 DA into SA, or move 15 SA into DA, and move 5 SA and the 10 Acro into Trix. The builds are, respectively, then, a D/D far-point assaulter/psychological/Cruuk build, and a D/D burst build. Your current build is just a bit inconsistent, trying to get a midpoint between the two aforementioned buildtypes, and you don’t really want to have an “undedicated” build that floats between two builds like that.

Also, try swapping to D/P. It’s going to be much more useful in the vast majority of situations in sPvP, though it may take a bit of time to learn and get used to. Probably not too much, though.

Final word of advice for now- if I remember correctly, Force Sigils don’t stack, so it’s pointless to have two of them. Thus, I suggest swapping one to either an Air Sigil or a Fire Sigil, whichever you prefer.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

TimTWW.5867

My first piece of advice would either be to move 10 DA into SA, or move 15 SA into DA, and move 5 SA and the 10 Acro into Trix. The builds are, respectively, then, a D/D far-point assaulter/psychological/Cruuk build, and a D/D burst build. Your current build is just a bit inconsistent, trying to get a midpoint between the two aforementioned buildtypes, and you don’t really want to have an “undedicated” build that floats between two builds like that.

Also, try swapping to D/P. It’s going to be much more useful in the vast majority of situations in sPvP, though it may take a bit of time to learn and get used to. Probably not too much, though.

Final word of advice for now- if I remember correctly, Force Sigils don’t stack, so it’s pointless to have two of them. Thus, I suggest swapping one to either an Air Sigil or a Fire Sigil, whichever you prefer.

TY for the advice. I was thinking it was a play style problem not a build problem.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

drop dual daggers. you need the blinds from d/p to beat necro. d/d is a siting duck for necros to bomb their stuff away

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Condition removal is the key. If you can cleanse their conditions (very easy for a D/P thief) then there’s pretty much nothing they can do to kill you

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

In addition to the advice already given regarding changing build setup… Best way to beat a challenging class is to play the class that challenges you until you understand its inherent strengths and weaknesses.

Also, one must accept that some class-build setups are natural counters to other build-class setups, and there are going to be instances where even if you are equally matched in skill with your opponent, the tools in their toolbox are more effective against you than yours are against them.

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

TY for the advice. I was thinking it was a play style problem not a build problem.

No problem

Well, they’re kinda the same thing. Your build really affects your play style, see. For example, an S/D build requires a very different playstyle from a D/P build.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter