Taking pvp seriously

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: BLOODBIRD.9386

BLOODBIRD.9386

Hello Anet,

I have spent a lot of time pvping, am rank 49 and i was from your math teacher guild in GW1, yeah the iway noobs…

i demand an answer for the questions below, because am thinking of quitting the game for good because the game is getting really stale. and you are 100% turned a deaf ear for all thousands of players who played the game.

PS: Don’t move this thread like you did last time.

Quoted: Milo

“it’s obvious the devs are not taking spvp seriously. this is a serious mistake. they need to consider the possibilities that gw2 pvp has, and act on them in a serious manner. there are many proven business models for esports, and many people expect something similar. and they expected it yesterday, not in some nebulous tomorrow where the excuse that LoL took years to get off the ground allows you to put development off.

hire more people. make pvp f2p. draw up a proper business model that can leverage the popularity of f2p into the cash shop and even into box sales. but above all, get a good team that knows how to develop appropriate features in a timely manner.

if you don’t take your pvp players seriously, they won’t take you seriously either.

edit: there are many examples of the pvp in this game not being taken seriously by the developers in addition to the lack of any substantial updates at all. E.G. the fact that glory exists as both an outward facing measure of a player, and a pve reward mechanism. I really don’t have appropriate words to express my disappointment with this. GLORY BOOSTER?? yes, rank is an excellent measure of player skill… in hello kitty pvp land, where no matter if you lose every single match you can still reach r40 if you keep grinding. the idea that mmr should be hidden is also another indicator that we are attempting to cater far too much to casuals. this entire system needs to be redone, bottom to top.

"

Quoted Uber Lander:
“I will be updating this list to reflect the the improvement’s wanted from the development team.

This is a constructive thread, so feel free too add a sentence or 2 for reasons of the improvement.

1.More GW 1 pvp content integrated into GW 2
2.Ladder system (GvG Ladder and Individual Ladder)
3.Introduce random map or chance to vote any map.
4.Solo/duo queue in a tournament. Premade queue in another tournament . Solo/duo rating and team premade rating separated
5.Solve 3-4vs5 people problem. Add a chance to replace a team mate before the match starts.
6.Re-work hot-joins. Eliminate 8vs8. Less reward compared to tournament format (but in general, rewards have to be better).
7.Daily / Monthly Tournaments
8.Reworking the Reward-system*
9.Reworking the Rank-Progression: Means you grinding faster while playing hot-join (where no skill etc is needed), where playing tournament brings you a useless chest)
10.Get Hall of Heroes back
11.Get Guild Vs Guild back (IS this Guild Wars?)
12.Bring in game observer mode for the last map instead of twitch.
13.Bring the Ghostly Hero back
14.Bring Hall of Heroes winner broadcast.
15.Bring back guild capes (Optional To Wear)
16.Buff the HP for all classes equally for “Death Match Mode” like up to 100K HP if necessary.
17.Each battle could give you a small amount of xp along with glory for each battle. Xp could be earned for reaching a certain score each match.
18- why cant the pvp players go outside the pvp arena and participate in WvW with the same ammulets and gear from pvp?! i dont like hitting npcs.

[Commander]Uber Lander(80 Ranger)
Black Talons
From – WvWvW orientated Fort Aspenwood!
(edited about a day ago by UberLander.8326)

(edited by BLOODBIRD.9386)

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

BLOODBIRD.9386

PS: all you pro gamers if you have ideas please pad it.

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

XP in PvP? no thx… and pretty much everything you ask has been answered

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

BLOODBIRD.9386

Nothing has been answered, no one knows what are they bringing in the next patch, and am pretty much sick of “WHEN IT’s READY”

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hello Anet,

I have spent a lot of time pvping, am rank 49 and i was from your math teacher guild in GW1, yeah the iway noobs…

i demand an answer for the questions below, because am thinking of quitting the game for good because the game is getting really stale. and you are 100% turned a deaf ear for all thousands of players who played the game.

PS: Don’t move this thread like you did last time.

Quoted:
“I will be updating this list to reflect the the improvement’s wanted from the development team.

This is a constructive thread, so feel free too add a sentence or 2 for reasons of the improvement.

1.More GW 1 pvp content integrated into GW 2
2.Ladder system (GvG Ladder and Individual Ladder)
3.Introduce random map or chance to vote any map.
4.Solo/duo queue in a tournament. Premade queue in another tournament . Solo/duo rating and team premade rating separated
5.Solve 3-4vs5 people problem. Add a chance to replace a team mate before the match starts.
6.Re-work hot-joins. Eliminate 8vs8. Less reward compared to tournament format (but in general, rewards have to be better).
7.Daily / Monthly Tournaments
8.Reworking the Reward-system*
9.Reworking the Rank-Progression: Means you grinding faster while playing hot-join (where no skill etc is needed), where playing tournament brings you a useless chest)
10.Get Hall of Heroes back
11.Get Guild Vs Guild back (IS this Guild Wars?)
12.Bring in game observer mode for the last map instead of twitch.
13.Bring the Ghostly Hero back
14.Bring Hall of Heroes winner broadcast.
15.Bring back guild capes (Optional To Wear)
16.Buff the HP for all classes equally for “Death Match Mode” like up to 100K HP if necessary.
17.Each battle could give you a small amount of xp along with glory for each battle. Xp could be earned for reaching a certain score each match.
18- why cant the pvp players go outside the pvp arena and participate in WvW with the same ammulets and gear from pvp?! i dont like hitting npcs.

[Commander]Uber Lander(80 Ranger)
Black Talons
From – WvWvW orientated Fort Aspenwood!
(edited about a day ago by UberLander.8326)

Absolutely one of the most constructive postings in months.

I started a mesmer (yep, my main is….you guessed it a Ranger) and we don’t have enough points (as players) in spvp no where NEAR enough points as players – it’s over too fast and the lockouts are incorrect for “pvp”.

We need serious changes before a mass exit such as has been seen in many MMOs when the devs refuse to listen, or in this case, tell us one thing and deliver another , over and over – month after month.

End game is why most of us are here – and the “end game” on a simple $20 game is pulling players left and right – and it’s not even an MMO, but it does have end game content that is as good as its previous iterations.

All we are asking is that you pay attention to the end game – spvp and WvW have sadly been given a shove into the back seat and we see the ‘events’ month after month as our hopes are shattered each and every month – that does damage to the psyche of game players – game fatigue follows then we find another MMO that WILL do what is promised.

We aren’t asking for that much – it’s in the interest of the game and the players that we are asking for these necessary and long awaited changes.

Oh and tonight – in spvp my default keybinds 1-0 kept going “away” and I couldn’t hit a single one…

The game is losing its integrity – please bring it back to us as it was promised, not as it is now.

We all adore the game, but the end game and the state of the pvp at all is just not as good as GW1 from every single player whom I’ve talked to – and they bemoan the change all the time.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Why NOT XP in pvp if I prefer to “live” in there?

Please give me your reasoning.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

I like everything you said but sadly it would take them years to implement all that even if they wanted to. Just look how long it takes to solve game breaking issues like culling, months, and that is just one thing. I think we GW 2 PvPers are screwed.

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

Why NOT XP in pvp if I prefer to “live” in there?

Please give me your reasoning.

because if ppl would get XP and glory in spvp/tournaments then they would have to give glory in WvWvW and they dont want to do that + you would skip content in PvE

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

bloodbird that is a good post. the only thing i disagree with is the last one. if we want a proper pvp, we must accept that there will be differences between pve and pvp.

other things: xp gain during pvp I think is ok, but it must slightly slower than what you would gain in pve. else we get all kinds of pve ppl in here trying to lvl fast.

I think the overall headline of your post should be this:
it’s obvious the devs are not taking spvp seriously. this is a serious mistake. they need to consider the possibilities that gw2 pvp has, and act on them in a serious manner. there are many proven business models for esports, and many people expect something similar. and they expected it yesterday, not in some nebulous tomorrow where the excuse that LoL took years to get off the ground allows you to put development off.

hire more people. make pvp f2p. draw up a proper business model that can leverage the popularity of f2p into the cash shop and even into box sales. but above all, get a good team that knows how to develop appropriate features in a timely manner.

if you don’t take your pvp players seriously, they won’t take you seriously either.

edit: there are many examples of the pvp in this game not being taken seriously by the developers in addition to the lack of any substantial updates at all. E.G. the fact that glory exists as both an outward facing measure of a player, and a pve reward mechanism. I really don’t have appropriate words to express my disappointment with this. GLORY BOOSTER?? yes, rank is an excellent measure of player skill… in hello kitty pvp land, where no matter if you lose every single match you can still reach r40 if you keep grinding. the idea that mmr should be hidden is also another indicator that we are attempting to cater far too much to casuals. this entire system needs to be redone, bottom to top.

(edited by milo.6942)

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

BLOODBIRD.9386

bloodbird that is a good post. the only thing i disagree with is the last one. if we want a proper pvp, we must accept that there will be differences between pve and pvp.

other things: xp gain during pvp I think is ok, but it must slightly slower than what you would gain in pve. else we get all kinds of pve ppl in here trying to lvl fast.

I think the overall headline of your post should be this:
it’s obvious the devs are not taking spvp seriously. this is a serious mistake. they need to consider the possibilities that gw2 pvp has, and act on them in a serious manner. there are many proven business models for esports, and many people expect something similar. and they expected it yesterday, not in some nebulous tomorrow where the excuse that LoL took years to get off the ground allows you to put development off.

updated with ya words milo, thanks

(edited by BLOODBIRD.9386)

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Why do people still keep making threads “calling out” Anet and demanding answers? It’s directly against their forum rules and it’s just going to get deleted.

You can ask your questions and state your grievances in a much less ragey manner and at least the post will stay up for discussion.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: Fire.7459

Fire.7459

This one of the most important tread i’ve ever seen in this forum….dev need to improve the competitive in this game and change the view of Gw2 potential pvp…Guild Wars 1 have many good reason to play….gw2 NO!Give us guild ladder and monthly and AT like Gw1 and pvp game resurrect from the grave…..But the time gose to the end….many people left and many others go away when in april you not implement nothing in PvP….Guild wars was famous for great pvp not for Pve…..Sorry for my English

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

we’re working on it. soon.

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Change thread name before they delete it for a reason:

Please refrain from making staff callouts in your thread titles. We understand that you wish your thread to receive the attention you feel it is due, however using staff names/ArenaNet in your thread title does not aide in making this happen and is a violation of our Code of Conduct.

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: Lunacy.5183

Lunacy.5183

I wouldn’t have the guts to delete such a thread if I was a mod tbh.

It simply summarizes the issues with sPvP, it has amazing potential and can steamroll a lot of the competition in esports atm, but Anet prioritizing PvE over sPvP and WvW is just…disappointing I suppose.

GW2 has a flexible and innovative design and doesn’t feel sluggish to play like a lot of games out there, still no matter how good the game is, if it’s major issues aren’t addressed for like…half an year now? Yea, we’re going nowhere. The zergs in pub games, the lack of variety, no ladder etc.

Even if the thread feels and looks like a rant, coz it is, it’s probably one of the more constructive ones in a while, and I feel it deserves something else rather than “Soon” or “When it’s ready”…Come on…

A GW2 Player asked a wise man:
-What’s the way to win?
-Learn to play – he said.

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

we’re working on it. soon.

leitmotif op

/somechars

Taking pvp seriously

in PvP

Posted by: JimmyJazz.7943

JimmyJazz.7943

This reminds me of planet side 2 (early beta). The game lacked of Metagame.

What is Metagame?; Metagame it’s a final goal, something of value you are aiming for, since you start playing; your objective. Don’t confuse it with gear, material rewards…etc.

Metagame shouldn’t be a title, or a number by your name, that is no Metagame.

-Simple Examples of Metagame:

1) A ranking system.

2) Ladders: Both individual, team based, even clan based.

It’s as simple as that; Balance come after these things, really. People really need to have an objective, otherwise everyone looses interest. What do you study for?, what do you work for? (besides money). It’s all in the objectives.

That’s how we, human beings, do certain things in this life: Because we pursue something, not just because we like to spend time in something that wont give us any realization.