If all you play is hotjoins....

in PvP

Posted by: Davinci.8027

Davinci.8027

Please do not make comments on what is viable/not viable, what is OP/UP, and whether rally should be in the game or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

but thief op!!1

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

Please do not make comments on what is viable/not viable, what is OP/UP, and whether rally should be in the game or not.

But, but, bruce lee can take on 12 ppl holding knives!!

Adapt or die. I never die.

in PvP

Razor.6392

Please go kitten yourself.

reported angry hotjoin hero

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

The amount of arrogance is staggering….

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

The amount of arrogance is staggering….

It`s well deserved when your hotjoin superstars are always doing the tried and true 5-0-0 opening.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Mujen.2089

Mujen.2089

The difference between hotjoins & tourney is more teamwork, more bunkers, less solo artists (Heart Seeker GC thieves, etc.). This game’s pvp isn’t that hard to understand, I mean seriously you get 3 different utility skillbars to pick from, 1 heal button & 1 elite which depends on team comp. Let’s not make it into more than it is, game’s pretty limited. You don’t even have accessories in spvp, cap on stats (crit), no DR on CCs, no serious peels…

And I agree, rally/downed state in PvP is annoying, but it’s here to stay, so might as well take advantage of it.

in PvP

Mujen.2089

Whats 5-0-0? Sry idk all this game’s terminology

in PvP

mbh.8301

Whats 5-0-0? Sry idk all this game’s terminology

5 people cap one point and then lose the game because they’re too used to playing a mario cart version of the game in hot join.

I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

True words Davinci, true words, hence why I’ve been 101% pushing hotjoins to be gone. It does no good for new players trying to get into pvping, and gives false impressions of classes.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

(edited by Amaterasu.6280)

in PvP

Mujen.2089

Thanks for the explanation

Addition: OKay but if u remove hotjoin how will the casual players who just want a change of pace from PvE do it? What’s the suggested alternative?

(edited by Mujen.2089)

in PvP

mbh.8301

Addition: OKay but if u remove hotjoin how will the casual players who just want a change of pace from PvE do it? What’s the suggested alternative?

wvw
If you mean to tell me that 1 round tournaments with no entry fee aren’t casual then I’d prefer you stop posting here.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Custom servers will replace hotjoin. It’ll be as was originally intended, with an FPS style browser.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

True words Davinci, true words, hence why I’ve been 101% pushing hotjoins to be gone. It does no good for new players trying to get into pvping, and gives false impressions of classes.

wut ?

are ya sayin thief and stealth not OP ?

SACRILEGIOUSSSSSSSS

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

yea if hotjoins are gonna stay they need their own subforum.

in PvP

Posted by: Sheslat.6750

Sheslat.6750

hotjoins need to be removed the actual 1vs1 team must replace it and with one first mmr based in rank before rank 30 for example or somethink like that , separate duo/solo queu of premade queu and another ranked games with the new ladder then all the ppl casual who play hotjoin have the chance to play one normal game with ppl of their lvl and they have some reason to win, more glory if you win than if you lose, and the competitive players still having ranked games.

thats is how it must be but you need a player base for it thats the problem

in PvP

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

I dont get all this fuss. Bruce Lee can mop the floor with 12 people holding knives. Hello?? Enter the Dragon anyone??

Adapt or die. I never die.

in PvP

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

Keyboard warriorssyndrome.

I’ve ranked upto lvl 30 in hotjoins alone. Why? Cos I play late at night in aust which is 4-7am in the US. Total dead zone where zero tourneys would pop. Does that mean I have no right to an opinion? kitten off, u have no idea

in PvP

mbh.8301

Does that mean I have no right to an opinion?

Depends if you’re bad / your opinions are bad.

in PvP

Acandis.3250

I’ve ranked upto lvl 30 in hotjoins alone. Why? Cos I play late at night in aust which is 4-7am in the US. Total dead zone where zero tourneys would pop. Does that mean I have no right to an opinion? kitten off, u have no idea

Honestly, it’s ANet’s fault for implemention hotjoins in the first place. If hotjoins weren’t around the hundreds of people that play hotjoins would be in tournaments and they would pop a lot of frequently.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Honestly, it’s ANet’s fault for implemention hotjoins in the first place. If hotjoins weren’t around the hundreds of people that play hotjoins would be in tournaments and they would pop a lot of frequently.

If Custom Arena’s existed, people would play CA.
Tournaments aren’t for everyone.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Acandis.3250

If Custom Arena’s existed, people would play CA.
Tournaments aren’t for everyone.

I agree but competitive balance changes should not be made based on the opinion of casual players.

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Whole lot more people playing hotjoins than there are playing tpvp. Of the people playing tpvp, a tiny fraction actually plays at a top level. I know its hard for you superstars to accept, but you are in a miniscule minority which dwindles by the day. Well, a few of you are. Most of you are just full of kitten and think preferring tpvp automatically makes you good. Either way, Anet would get a lot more return out of listening to those “hotjoin heroes” than you.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

(edited by dreztina.4820)

in PvP

Posted by: condiments.8043

condiments.8043

A un-competitive game mode should hardly have any bearing on the balance of a competitive one(at least one that aspires to be like tPvP). Hotjoin is just for ‘supposed’ mindless fun and rewards zergers and deathmatchers far more than those who respect its win states and mechanics. Class balance is pretty awfully represented in such a mode.

Cretius-Elementalist
Condiments-Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Nilvio.7941

Nilvio.7941

I agree but competitive balance changes should not be made based on the opinion of casual players.

based on who then? Just think about it, its actually all about casuals nowadays. There is reason why blizzard started making SC2 more casual friendly. And watching twitch viewers this weekend it seems like its paying off.

It sad but true, if casuals dont enjoy your game. Then its pretty much dead game.

GW2 is different tho, its so bad that hardcore ppl dont even enjoy playing it

English is not my native language :)
RETIRED MESMER YO!

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

I agree with OP, don’t criticize what you can’t understand.

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Elitist alert! The numbers are off the scale.. hide!

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

If all i play hot joins i am the 99% of the population and what anet should take into account if they want this game to become even remotely popular.
Esports dont come from the hard core.END!PERIOD!
Suck it up..
(i loathe hot joins actually but thats not the point)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

what is hotjoin:
random classes/players with no clue about the “rules” of map, wandering the map looking for glory farm.

what is tourney (or what it should be):
certain composition/players with their own role, their focus is outplay opponent and take map advantage.

look the differences?
ofc i should be elitist

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

So if the top 0.5% of the player base should decide the balancing point of the game for the other 99.5%…

Should the pass mark for an exam be set at 97.8% because that’s the average score the top 0.5% of entrants got, never mind the other 99.5% of people taking the exam.

Should the allocation of public spending money be decided by the top 0.5% of earners in a country when they have vastly different priorities and needs compared to the average majority.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion yes, even you Davinci.

However yours is utterly biased to a tiny vocal minority within this community, and when you balance for a minority within a format that is supposed to be inclusive not exclusive you balance badly.

If you pursue your ideas of removing hot joins and raising the skill cap up and up way above the average player you will erode the community to the point that the only people still playing tPvP will be the super hardcore and then the 10 of you left will quit because you only play with each other.

You are so simple and narrow minded.

We can only hope the developers ignore you as much as /mapchat does.

in PvP

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

The arrogance of this person is getting beyond funny.

The game style he plays is the only one that matters.

Only those who share an opinion the same as his, have valid opinions.

I do wonder how these people survive in the real world?

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

They don’t, that’s why they desperately cling to the small elitist holes they try to carve out for themselves online.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

Gw 2 is game for casuals = casuals play HJ = anet listens to casuals

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Malcastus.6240

what is hotjoin:
random classes/players with no clue about the “rules” of map, wandering the map looking for glory farm.

what is hotjoin:
random classes/players with no responsibility to play the map with the intention of winning, as they might be playing it for various other reasons, testing out a builds capacities for instance. A mode that lets people study and learn maps, get a taste of fighting opponents on all skill levels, learning to react to the opposing teams players and getting the opportunity to grow accustomed to ones skills, utilities and more against a team with access to the same gear as you, thereby making everyone equal.

All this to establish yourself as a PvP’er in a small, fun and carefree enviroment. Once in control of ones skills, there exists an option to move on to TPvP if favoring competitive teamplay in small organized groups, where strategy and teamplay is key.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

what is hotjoin:

what is hotjoin:
random classes/players with no responsibility to play the map with the intention of winning, as they might be playing it for various other reasons, testing out a builds capacities for instance. A mode that lets people study and learn maps, get a taste of fighting opponents on all skill levels, learning to react to the opposing teams players and getting the opportunity to grow accustomed to ones skills, utilities and more against a team with access to the same gear as you, thereby making everyone equal.

All this to establish yourself as a PvP’er in a small, fun and carefree enviroment. Once in control of ones skills, there exists an option to move on to TPvP if favoring competitive teamplay in small organized groups, where strategy and teamplay is key.

YES it is maybe more accurate, and your sentence makes OP even more right, because the time hotjoiners spend to test, have fun, have no responsability, dedicated tpvp players spend the same time to compete, try to win and be better/stronger than other players.
so, even if rude, OP is right. if you don’t care about agonysm, don’t talk about balance/op/up stuff, because u don’t have enough experience.

u can see threads about 100b & bs/hs thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

But beacuse of these threads , warriors (and thieves i guess) will be given the <<boon hate mechanic>> and brought in the competitive scene more often !

in PvP

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I thought sPvP was to test the builds since it has no queue time.

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

There are good and bad opinions, and everyone has a right to one as paying customers.

It has nothing to do with if you play only hotjoins or not, some opinions are from seasoned players, some are not, some are good, some are bad.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Malcastus.6240

what is hotjoin:

what is hotjoin:

YES it is maybe more accurate, and your sentence makes OP even more right, because the time hotjoiners spend to test, have fun, have no responsability, dedicated tpvp players spend the same time to compete, try to win and be better/stronger than other players.
so, even if rude, OP is right. if you don’t care about agonysm, don’t talk about balance/op/up stuff, because u don’t have enough experience.

Just meant to correct your errors in describing hotjoin.

That OP is allowed to create a condescending elitist thread is beyond me, considering the forum rules.

I play TPvP and hotjoin, depending on time of day (population/presence of players), thank you.

And just because you play TPvP, doesn’t mean that everyone else should do what you prefer doing. You assume too much by thinking people who indulge in hotjoin never play TPvP and doesn’t care about teamplay and winning, which is so very false.

And you’re wrong on several accounts. What you describe TPvP’ers to be, is the same for a lot of hotjoiners. People strive to become better and beat others more efficiently in many cases. You can’t say everyone acts one way.

I play TPvP and can comment to my hearts content. Pure hotjoiners or WvW players can comment too, that is their right. If the thread is labeled TPvP or revolves around it, people just have to take that into account and will likely not comment if OP makes it clear what the topic is about.

Your attitude is very hostile, and you jump to wrong conclusions. Please, don’t do that.

in PvP

Razor.6392

All I know is that someone with limited knowledge of a certain subject, shouldn’t be allowed to have an opinion.

And that would include you. It is indeed beyond funny how that simple fact annoys you.

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Shukran.4851

what is hotjoin:

what is hotjoin:

Just meant to correct your errors in describing hotjoin.

That OP is allowed to create a condescending elitist thread is beyond me, considering the forum rules.

I play TPvP and hotjoin, depending on time of day (population/presence of players), thank you.

And just because you play TPvP, doesn’t mean that everyone else should do what you prefer doing. You assume too much by thinking people who indulge in hotjoin never play TPvP and doesn’t care about teamplay and winning, which is so very false.

And you’re wrong on several accounts. What you describe TPvP’ers to be, is the same for a lot of hotjoiners. People strive to become better and beat others more efficiently in many cases. You can’t say everyone acts one way.

I play TPvP and can comment to my hearts content. Pure hotjoiners or WvW players can comment too, that is their right. If the thread is labeled TPvP or revolves around it, people just have to take that into account and will likely not comment if OP makes it clear what the topic is about.

Your attitude is very hostile, and you jump to wrong conclusions. Please, don’t do that.

hostile? point me where because i am only “talking” by facts. facts are tpvper who QQ because of r30+ who can’t even understand how the game goes or the usual QQ op threads around the forum. 7 months passed, same threads appeared. and the main issue of those threads are : “XXX is op in <hotjoin>”, “i am killed by 4 thief spamming hs QQ” etc etc. the time anet divide the pvp forum in Spvp and Tpvp, problems will end.
sorry for bad english

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

All I know is that someone with limited knowledge of a certain subject, shouldn’t be allowed to have an opinion.

And that would include you. It is indeed beyond funny how that simple fact annoys you.

People need to stop caring that other people are going to be offended about something. The simple fact is if you don’t properly understand the subject being discussed, don’t take part in it. To just parrot this entire thread, that means hotjoin players should not have an opinion on PvP balance.

I can go into hotjoin and easily destroy people with some random condi warrior. Condition warriors are still absolutely terrible. I can go into hotjoin and bunker 5 people for a full minute, but that doesn’t mean my bunker warrior build is now suddenly viable.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

The way to help new players is to teach them the game. High end play is where real balance shows up, because at that level its no longer a ‘l2p’ issue.

in PvP

Mujen.2089

wvw
If you mean to tell me that 1 round tournaments with no entry fee aren’t casual then I’d prefer you stop posting here.

If you’re gonna be a lil biotch, at least use common sense.. You think just cause u call it a 1-round tournament people won’t go into it with the same mindframe as a hotjoin? Different name.. same situation. Don’t get all high & mighty on your half kitten pvp game. I only go to pvp when im utterly bored cause pvp in this game is rewardless.

daydream is right, how about you educate people on how to play. Besides, as someone else already said, people do hotjoins to test builds or to just have fun, some of us don’t even care about objectives we just want kills. Omg rank 65?! no way… (leaves Heart of the mist zone) .. just another player. Where is the incentive? Broken MMR, no rewards, HOURS to rank up… can’t wait to take pvp in gw2 seriously so I can be stuck in a tiny pvp zone. WvW is a zergfest, not a skillfest.. Learn your game’s limitations. Now stfu and post something useful next time

in PvP

Posted by: Davinci.8027

Davinci.8027

So if the top 0.5% of the player base should decide the balancing point of the game for the other 99.5%…

Should the pass mark for an exam be set at 97.8% because that’s the average score the top 0.5% of entrants got, never mind the other 99.5% of people taking the exam.

Should the allocation of public spending money be decided by the top 0.5% of earners in a country when they have vastly different priorities and needs compared to the average majority.

However yours is utterly biased to a tiny vocal minority within this community, and when you balance for a minority within a format that is supposed to be inclusive not exclusive you balance badly.

If you pursue your ideas of removing hot joins and raising the skill cap up and up way above the average player you will erode the community to the point that the only people still playing tPvP will be the super hardcore and then the 10 of you left will quit because you only play with each other.

There’s no need for belittling in here.

Your analogy doesn’t really work. What I’m trying to say is that balance should not be made around the low-tier players of this game who are just starting. This game was and is designed around tPvP, NOT Hotjoins.
So, because only 0.5% could achieve a 97.8 or higher, should the exam’s difficulty be reduced to suit the dumb/less studious students? <— This would be a better analogy to suit what I am trying to get at.

I am not asking to balance based on the minority of “elisits” you are alluding it, but rather to the MAJORITY of people playing in *t*PvP.
Anyone who has done more than 100 tournament games will realize that mesmers and thieves are far from OP. Step out of HotJoin, and you will realize and understand what classes truly flourish and which don’t.

Reading things like “Rally shouldn’t exist” boggles my mind because it has been in the game all this time, and many of the team dynamics/mechanics revolve around Rallying.
Thinking “mesmers are OP” because they have a ton of illusions/are hard to target for new players is not reason enough for mesmers to be nerfed. Mesmers have become one of the WORST 1v1 classes.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but in order for an opinion to be valid, it must at least be backed by a certain amount of knowledge/experience.

in PvP

Mujen.2089

What Davinci is saying is just common sense. There are just 2 sides to this subject casuals vs serious pvp’rs.

There should be avenues for both to enjoy pvp on their level. If you ask me, it’s a developer’s side issue. Yes on 1 hand it’s player’s fault for not being fully educated to understand certain dynamics but it’s also game design. The game needs more balance, that’s basically what it comes down to.

I don’t fully understand the game’s pvp as I wasn’t that interested, now I just roam the forums lol But what i see is a problem that the game lets you go in as a glass cannon, there is no specific resillience/armor value.. and a HS thief rolls up on you… you have a high chance to get “1 shot”. So on the higher tier of pvp, ur not running glass cannon unless you have a backup.. Basically you just provided urself with more survivability/resillience to not become “1-shot”.. Like I said idk the full workings of this game but I was pretty advid pvp’r in WoW. I just happen to notice a lot of the pictures of ppl getting 1-shot (not all, but a lot) are players with like 14-15k hp GC and they say other classes are OP… You see where I’m getting at… ppl don’t rly run defensive/bunker in hotjoins.. they bring their PvE dps mentallity into it. Game design /bow

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

“if you only play hotjoin don’t point out that instant death is op.”

wow…just wow.
first these idiots tell you they want your part of the game removed because THEY don’t use it, now they tell you unless you play their part of the game you are’nt allowed an opinion.
we need gasmasks to survive the colossal brainfart they just released…

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

It’s funny because complaining about balance when you’re a hotjoin player is wrong, but complaining about balance when you lose a tPvP match it’s perfectly ok.

lol

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

There’s no need for belittling in here.

Your analogy doesn’t really work. What I’m trying to say is that balance should not be made around the low-tier players of this game who are just starting. This game was and is designed around tPvP, NOT Hotjoins.
So, because only 0.5% could achieve a 97.8 or higher, should the exam’s difficulty be reduced to suit the dumb/less studious students? <— This would be a better analogy to suit what I am trying to get at.

I am not asking to balance based on the minority of “elisits” you are alluding it, but rather to the MAJORITY of people playing in *t*PvP.
Anyone who has done more than 100 tournament games will realize that mesmers and thieves are far from OP. Step out of HotJoin, and you will realize and understand what classes truly flourish and which don’t.

Reading things like “Rally shouldn’t exist” boggles my mind because it has been in the game all this time, and many of the team dynamics/mechanics revolve around Rallying.
Thinking “mesmers are OP” because they have a ton of illusions/are hard to target for new players is not reason enough for mesmers to be nerfed. Mesmers have become one of the WORST 1v1 classes.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but in order for an opinion to be valid, it must at least be backed by a certain amount of knowledge/experience.

Exactly, but you didn’t say that. You said “if you play hotjoin only”. Well for me, that’s all I play now because I like to be able to run creative/balanced builds (there’s no place for that in tPvP), and I’ve been playing since BETA. You are just referring to inexperienced/bad opinions and lumping that together as a hotjoin problem, and further aggravating the topic by saying that opinions shouldn’t be said at all.

I’m sure Anet would take the side that all opinions, even the bad ones, deserve to be heard, so long as they are presented in the appropriate manner. Casual play represents the majority of PvP in any healthy MMO, because they are your audience. Imagine if only professional football players watched football? Everyone eating wings and drinking beer and talking smack about each other’s team at the bar just stopped, because their opinion is invalid, because they are not pros.

I realize what you were ‘trying’ to say with your topic, but instead you ended up coming off pretentious.

We’re talking about good, experienced players feedback versus casual, sometimes player feedback, and while yes, any reasonable person would take the advice of the experienced person over the other, that goes without saying or need for a topic basically telling everyone else to shut up.

It is never appropriate or acceptable to tell anyone they have no right to an opinion.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

“if you only play hotjoin don’t point out that instant death is op.”

wow…just wow.
first these idiots tell you they want your part of the game removed because THEY don’t use it, now they tell you unless you play their part of the game you are’nt allowed an opinion.
we need gasmasks to survive the colossal brainfart they just released…

why don’t you play tournies? why do you like hotjoin better?