Incoming Lyssa rune NERF!

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

After watching ready up episode 9 on the official gw2 twitch channel, and I noticed around 53mins in, when they were comparing runes, the lyssa rune’s effect was greatly nerfed from loosing all conditions and gaining all boons for 5seconds, to ‘’convert up to five boons into conditions’’.

This is quite bad for me, as a S/D thief I don’t have access to the blind field, thus the stability and the protection of the runes helped me cause serious damage to hammer warriors. It also helped me actually survive signet of spite. Now the S/D build might loose whatever viability it had left.

Note: this is an internal version of the feature pack, so this is surely to happen in the public version

Attachments:

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

(edited by Phantom Master.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

That’s not a bad nerf. It’s probably the least they could do to balance the OP rune. Also it’s conditions to boons lol, boons to conditions would be a huge O_O.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Its one of the best upcoming changes. But I understand from your perspective as s/d thief you do not have enough survivability with out it……. oh wait…..

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

That’s not a bad nerf. It’s probably the least they could do to balance the OP rune. Also it’s conditions to boons lol, boons to conditions would be a huge O_O.

^ Yes you’re right, its not that bad, but now fighting warriors are going to require like a freaking D/P or one of those disgusting Pistolwhip builds and these builds feels so static its painful! Unless I absolutely outplay them.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

fantastic change,they are finally moving to the right direction,lyssa runes are now balanced.now thiefs will need to adapt and try new things they will still be in top tier

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

fantastic change,they are finally moving to the right direction,lyssa runes are now balanced.now thiefs will need to adapt and try new things they will still be in top tier

I could join the cheese and play a pistol-whip thief, would you prefer me playing those?

Eternity~!

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

Its one of the best upcoming changes. But I understand from your perspective as s/d thief you do not have enough survivability with out it……. oh wait…..

You’re quite a funny guy. Trying the build out before kittening all over it would do you good, here’s a link : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAV8YlYmaPncS4E/5Ex2jdKUeqVgmdP4q8rKA-ToAg0EFpKyVkpIZR2iGWssYXA

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

u can go pistol whip all day long i can easily decap u with my decap engi and also not only that i am gonna spam retalation until u run away

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

I could join the cheese and play a pistol-whip thief, would you prefer me playing those?

Dont worry pistol whip is getting nerf too XD

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

u can go pistol whip all day long i can easily decap u with my decap engi and also not only that i am gonna spam retalation until u run away

Attachments:

Eternity~!

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

Dont worry pistol whip is getting nerf too XD

Yeah, i’m quite happy about that, it took too long. But I don’t think the nerf is enough to kick that terrible build out the meta.

Eternity~!

(edited by Phantom Master.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: nyqwist.2360

nyqwist.2360

If you play S/D and worry about survivability, you should stop worrying. Just use the dodges for you know, important incoming skills, instead of mindlessly spamming it

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

You’re quite a funny guy.

Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Each rune set is getting a theme. The changes make sense and look balanced to me relative to the other sets we have seen on the Twitch channel.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The Lyssa nerf is fair. Personally, I’ll be glad to drop Lyssa for Traveler runes on my thief. As much as I liked the utility of Lyssa, it was imbalanced and I’m happy that there’s a good alternative to switch to.

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

The Lyssa nerf is fair. Personally, I’ll be glad to drop Lyssa for Traveler runes on my thief. As much as I liked the utility of Lyssa, it was imbalanced and I’m happy that there’s a good alternative to switch to.

I agree, I just wish another MM Nec or hambow counter would randomly pop up!

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

With the Lyssa rune nerf/balance, it should grant you 5 boons that you don’t already have on you currently, rather than re-applying some not-quite-as-effective boons as others…

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

After watching ready up episode 9 on the official gw2 twitch channel, and I noticed around 53mins in, when they were comparing runes, the lyssa rune’s effect was greatly nerfed from loosing all conditions and gaining all boons for 5seconds, to ‘’convert up to five boons into conditions’’.

This is quite bad, as a S/D thief I don’t have access to the blind field, thus the stability and the protection of the runes helped me cause serious damage to hammer warriors. It also helped me actually survive signet of spite. Now the S/D build might loose whatever viability it had left.

Note: this is an internal version of the feature pack, so this is surely to happen in the public version

The change to Lyssa runes are the best thing to happen in quite some time.

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

best thing to be changed in the feature patch imo

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

About time the insane runeset got nerfed. It’s still very strong, you know. Hambow counters shouldn’t come froma runeset that caters to a few professions like thief and warrior. Instead the hambow build/warrior needs to be looked at.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This is quite bad, as a S/D thief I don’t have access to the blind field, thus the stability and the protection of the runes helped me cause serious damage to hammer warriors. It also helped me actually survive signet of spite. Now the S/D build might loose whatever viability it had left.

The change to Lyssa runes are the best thing to happen in quite some time.

Countless

I think it is the best balance change since release. It was so needed and its impact on balance should be really positive. The sustain they give warriors and thieves is utterly broken currently. To nerf them in this way seems really good.

Thieves could still run them. We will see.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

seems like Anet forcing all thief to play p/d condition or d/p 30 trickery burst only viable build

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

seems like Anet forcing all thief to play p/d condition or d/p 30 trickery burst only viable build

Cry me a river.

Anet has been forcing all elementalist into mediocrity since BWE2.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Cry me a river.

Agreed, basically every class has 1 build that works well in pvp and that becomes the only build that gets any development attention.

Unless you’re a warrior of course, then you have 1 signet/stance build that works with any weaponset and amulet combo you want.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Thief will still run lyssa, at least S/P thieves.

Old glass cannon thief ( hide in shadow, scholar runes) will doubtly become viable, even on trickery build, due to being so easy to focus and having no sustain.

Just my opinion anyway.

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

Cry me a river.

Stealing a candy from someone, is worse than never giving them any to start with.

Basically removing a viable build, is worse than never giving a new viable build.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Cry me a river.

Stealing a candy from someone, is worse than never giving them any to start with.

Basically removing a viable build, is worse than never giving a new viable build.

whatever helps you sleep.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

This is a well deserved nerf, and a very balanced way to change it.
It shouldn’t be a iWin button.
It should be when do i cleanse my abilities by using my Elite.
As for what it changes, you can do the checkup on what changes into what.

As for the rune breaking your build is just flawed, I can see plenty of thieves using other runes.

Sizer is playing S/D thief I’m sure you can see him play a proper S/D if you think you will bump into problems after the patch hits.

But who knows, from the looks of it the meta might actually shift into something different after the patch.

(edited by Nhalx.9735)