Is GW2 eSport Already?

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Are they still trying to make GW2 an eSport or have they abandoned this idea?

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

The gameplay is better than it was five days ago. Maybe in 2 or 3 months it’ll be better again, with the introduction of game modes and/or brackets.

Until at very least then lets not discuss esports, except to troll.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I think ANet pushed ESport too much from the start; An MMO needs to come to that point naturally from a solid foundation, which we’re still very much lacking.

Just my 2 cents though.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

ANet stopped pushing eSports late 2012, when the mass exodus of PvP players left the company realizing it just was not going to happen. GW 2 has never been an eSport, and will never be an eSport.

2013 and 2014 is all about getting PvE and WvW players into PvP, no one really brings up the dreaded ‘eSports’ discussion anymore.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I don’t think anet will push Esports until they have a ladder AND until the chinese market is settled down. I think Anet is wisely realizing that the western side is a lost cause and might be hoping that the game picks up in China and become big or something.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Good Tofu.9376

Good Tofu.9376

Unless GW2 gets a massive amount of its population to PvP, it will never come close.

League, Starcraft, Dota2 each have 300k – 1.5 million unique users logged on at any given time (not even counting their entire massive population bases as a whole).

I am seeing more people in the mists though. I initially quit because it seemed like the total PvP population across the game was like 30 people or so. Now its much more.

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

If you think a new mode or try to improve the current conquest , while they are increasing the population , it might speed things up …

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Nah man, it’s casual oriented.

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I love how you are trying to present it like it is supposedly a negative. I mean esports generally only affects the super hardcore top rank players.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think ANet pushed ESport too much from the start; An MMO needs to come to that point naturally from a solid foundation, which we’re still very much lacking.

Just my 2 cents though.

Definitely. Good game first, and if esports happens, esports happens.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

not when they nerf skill shots and promote hambow

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

I love how you are trying to present it like it is supposedly a negative. I mean esports generally only affects the super hardcore top rank players.

You love what? Im just answering his question.
So I supose all those players from LoL and Dota are all minorities too…

Is GW2 eSport Already?

in PvP

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

Are they still trying to make GW2 an eSport or have they abandoned this idea?

The very first thing you need to be an e-sport is something resembling balance. Forget about replacing the leaderboards, supporting spectators, and everything else.

Given the rate at which Anet iterates on balance, we’re still about seven years out from enough balance for an e-sport.

(edited by zilcho.7624)