Is Spirit Watch the most annoying map?

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I know a lot of people hate Skyhammer and hate it even more than Spirit Watch. Back then Spirit Watch was the most hated map.

I think Spirit Watch is worse than Skyhammer…. not because of the map(I like the mechanics).

But it seems most of the time(90 percent losing on this map) the team is kittened…

doing stuff like: 4 of your other guys try killing 2 enemies at orb and take ages do do so. 3 other enemies capture all the points(which lets them tick fast) and 1 of course can’t kill all the 3 guys.

Or stuff like: Enemy capturing orb. Your guys fight somewhere near the orb some other enemies instead of just focusing the orb carrier that usually dies fast.

It’s a really annoying map. Most of the time I want to afk after the first few minutes.

Only thing that is worse is at Temple(which fortunately doesn’t happen often) where 4 of your own people try to kill 1 or 2 enemy guardians at 8:30 bottom buff while the other enemies get all the capture points cause nobody there… and the time it takes until you kill the guys down the enemy is getting a lot of points – I usually run up then if too many own people are down. Even if a lot of enemies are down. Better staying up and fast recap and then stopping all the enemies at gate when they walk out of that area down there.

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Their most recent maps are Anet’s worst ones. It’s getting progressively worse.

in PvP

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

Spirit Watch is by far the worst and most annoying map. If i wasn’t such a nice person, I would afk right from the start. I rather play 10x Skyhammer in a row than once this ridiculous thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Spirit Watch is by far the worst and most annoying map. If i wasn’t such a nice person, I would afk right from the start. I rather play 10x Skyhammer in a row than once this ridiculous thing.

Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I actually kinda like skyhammer.

Spirit watch flat out sucks. I have a warrior with healing signet, soldiers gear, zerker stance and two stability utils with sword/greatsword specifically designed to run the orb in solo queue. As long as we have someone hold raven you literally can’t lose.

My suggestion: Upon picking up the orb, replace everyone’s HP and toughness with a flat value, remove all traits, and replace all their skills with something like an attack, a short leap, an evade, and a heal. IE: normalize the orb carrier’s ability, so that some classes (ranger and warrior) aren’t blatantly better at it.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

My suggestion: Upon picking up the orb, replace everyone’s HP and toughness with a flat value, remove all traits, and replace all their skills with something like an attack, a short leap, an evade, and a heal. IE: normalize the orb carrier’s ability, so that some classes (ranger and warrior) aren’t blatantly better at it.

Very good suggestion.

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

In Sky Hammer I can at least sometimes have good laughs (or rages), Spirit Watch is just ZZZZZZzzzzzzZZzz.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

I don’t know…don’t you think this is more of a player issue than the map itself?

Usually when I lose on this map, it’s because there are people who seem not to understand that capping point first > grabbing an orb that slow you down with hardly any ability to fight back.

I don’t usually join in battle centered around the orb, because I just see that as pointless. If enemies want to pick up the orb, let them! Just use whatever you have to slow/stop them from reaching any point, unless you only got yourself to stop him, or the guy’s got his entire team supporting him, it’s not too hard to kill him before he reached any of the point.

What frustrated me wasn’t the map, but the player, especially when you see something like enemies capped 2 point, our home point’s being de-capped, and 3 or 4 of my wonderful teammates decided to grab the orb…(facepalm)

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I like skyhamer and have no idea why so many hate it… stop falling into holes and get out of lasers——. Spirit Watch is the worst map in the game, just soooo kitten bad and boring

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

players dunno how to play maps.

blames the maps.

I don’t know…don’t you think this is more of a player issue than the map itself?

Usually when I lose on this map, it’s because there are people who seem not to understand that capping point first > grabbing an orb that slow you down with hardly any ability to fight back.

I don’t usually join in battle centered around the orb, because I just see that as pointless. If enemies want to pick up the orb, let them! Just use whatever you have to slow/stop them from reaching any point, unless you only got yourself to stop him, or the guy’s got his entire team supporting him, it’s not too hard to kill him before he reached any of the point.

What frustrated me wasn’t the map, but the player, especially when you see something like enemies capped 2 point, our home point’s being de-capped, and 3 or 4 of my wonderful teammates decided to grab the orb…(facepalm)

in PvP

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

Very good suggestion.

Agree to agree.

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

in PvP

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

What if orb would grant advantage only if you carry it to your point, won’t work on neutral and grant enemy points on their?

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

They’ve rejected this because they don’t want people learning new abilities upon picking up the orb. Apparently, never seeing a map in the competitive scene is better than having people learn four or five extra buttons.

in PvP

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Most boring/annoying maps
1. skyhammer
2. spirit watch

Everytime skyhammer comes half of the players quit the server.
In general, cannon/trebuchet etc. in spvp is also annoying and should be removed.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

They’ve rejected this because they don’t want people learning new abilities upon picking up the orb. Apparently, never seeing a map in the competitive scene is better than having people learn four or five extra buttons.

In which case just replace the skills with nothing.

Nothing is better than what we have now. There’s literally no way you can stop a warrior equiped in the right way without bringing 4 people to bear and losing all your points, from capping the orb.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Both maps cater to specific classes/traits. I find skyhammer more annoying because the mechanics favouring some class/builds affect every point (esp A, C, and the hammer), whereas in Spirit the mechanic only affects the orb carrier.

I think the problem is the devs are trying to spice up capture the node gameplay when they should just release some new gameplay modes.