Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

Is Warrior hard to play?

http://strawpoll.me/1136590

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Overall warrior is one of the simpler classes to play. It comes down to the build though. If you’re running the standard at least 20 in Defense, Healing Signet, and etc it becomes even easier. However if you’re running a more glassy or unorthodox build then it’s can be more challenging.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Not even slightly, there’s a reason people don’t run the ‘unorthodox’ builds.

Cleansing ire/healing signet/lyssa runes/ doublestance & doublesignet utilities – attach weapon of choice and facetank whatever you’d like. There really isn’t a skill in the game that would punish this setup in a way that you couldn’t shake off

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Warrior has always been one of the easiest classes to play in general, but atleast it used to be extremly but wasn’t really worth bringing since other classes could do what warriors could but better. Now tho? Easy to play annd extremly forgiving and very effective at everything beside healing others

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Rob.1039

Rob.1039

Typical pvp fight: me – uberskilled commando dragon punch thief vs that low rank noob war:
See him, haha he’s going down poor soul, jump in shadow shot, double – wild – lotus strike, he seems surprised, another shadow shot haha you’re dead meat, double – wild – .. he turns around, jump out, swap to sb, choking gas, trick shot, trick shot, cluster, he swings his greatsword, haha noob, ugh berseker stance? ok easy, just run around, don’t get hit, it’s off haha, swap, shadow shot, double – wild -.. shield block? ok, just run around, jump in, double – wild -.. defy pain? oh come on dude, ain’t got time for this kitten, ok it’s off, haha jump in, double -.. ouch 2-3k axe autos?! black powder, BLACK POWDER! HEAL! phew, shadow refuge, easy tiger.. k, steal – backstab, double – wild, heartseeker, hartseeker, hart…. 12k EVISCERATE!!! what the kitten!!! how.. but.. how.. great, he’s laughing now^^

(edited by Rob.1039)

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Depends on what you mean by play warrior;

In all PvP of an MMO nature, the warrior’s in any guild(s) had fairly straight forward builds. However off build skills required to play one well covered;

Know how to set up a team spike.
Know how much energy each caster profession currently has fairly accurately. (This is imperative for team spike.)
Know how long on each Monks elite and cooldowns are. (This is imperative for effective team spike.)
Know how much dodge/evade mechanics your target has.
Effectively know when a team is going to split and which ways they’re going to go.
Knowing when and where to call a target. This goes well beyond just looking at lowest HP. The lowest HP may still have the most defense and is in range of multi sources of healing/support
Know effectively how to snare/CC a target at the right time to keep them ineffective.

A lot of the great guilds of gw1 did this. This is why you’d see 2 teams both running mirror sets up to each other, yet one team would dominant. This team was ALWAYS the team with the better shot callers, which were always the warriors.

Many people think warrior is thug-thug-bang-bang. If that is what you doing with them, then you’re a casual player and hotjoin etc is a fun place to take them. If you’re not highlighting who the team should be going for, snaring and shutting down key targets at key times and effectively micro managing in your head who has what then you’re not playing Warrior to it’s fullest in organised or competitive play. A lot ppl just can’t do this and it’s better for them to pick one profession and master it and take the calls and cue’s from the team shot callers.

If you can do all this very well, you’ll soon see warrior has some of the most streamlined builds, but the most difficult play. 95% of what you should be doing to be great is done inside your head.

The above comments, with all respect, to me are from people who just pick up a warrior and slug with it and don’t understand that warrior should always be the first one in the fray, and know exactly what is happening and what to prevent and who to eliminate first.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

P.S There is a reason why most of the better quality commanders in WvW are warrior’s. In guild chat or vent etc they are picking targets. keeps, which supplies to drain, which forts to attack and leave to look like they’re being invaded etc.

It shows through staright away in Tpvp/WvW staright away which side as the better shot callers/commanders. If you view a lot of good players video’s of mesmers etc..they’re are holding side points and duelling 1 vs 1..when they get into 2 vs 1 situations, look carefully at who is the first profession to come support. Look closely at who who is working along side the guardian holding center..and listen carefully to their chat when they ask someone to go push the opponents home. It is 99% of the time a warrior who is doing everything I have mentioned above and is aware of what is going on, even if they don’t have line of sight with every point on the map. Hence the QQ when mini map got changed in pvp. It hindered good shot callers ability to read the map at a glance.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Typical pvp fight: me – uberskilled commando dragon punch thief vs that low rank noob war:
See him, haha he’s going down poor soul, jump in shadow shot, double – wild – lotus strike, he seems suprised, another shadow shot haha you’re dead meat, double – wild – .. he turns arund, jump out, swap to sb, choking gas, trick shot, trick shot, cluster, he swings his greatsword, haha noob, ugh berseker stance? ok easy, just run around, don’t get hit, it’s off haha, swap, shadow shot, double – wild -.. shield block? ok, just run around, jump in, double – wild -.. defy pain? oh come on dude, ain’t got time for this kitten, ok it’s off, haha jump in, double -.. ouch 2-3k axe autos?! black powder, BLACK POWDER! HEAL! phew, shadow refuge, easy tiger.. k, steal – backstab, double – wild, heartseeker, hartseeker, hart…. 12k EVISCERATE!!! what the kitten!!! how.. but.. how.. great, he’s laughing now^^

Lol uberskilled thief failing to dodge and eviscerate…
If you were as skilled as you said you’d know that f1 5 f1 5 1111 5 1112 f1 5 f1 kills a warrior without them ever touching you. Berserker stance? Use your dodge rolls til it’s gone.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

If you only have one hand and parkinson’s disease would probably be pretty hard to play…

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

For an MMO veteran, all classes in GW2 are simple and easy to play.

Warriors are probably easiest though.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Easiest is dps guardian, then spirit ranger or minion necro, and last warrior with setup mentioned above.

But you can really say if a class is easy to play, because each class has both builds taking a lot of effort to play successfully and total faceroll ones. Take away from warriors healing signet, berserker stance and 20 points in defense to make them challenging.

Sad thing is, these totally faceroll are also among the most effective builds in the game, but that’s another topic. I hope devs know how to sort it out before it’s too late.

Signed, level 1 alt

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Overall warrior is one of the simpler classes to play. It comes down to the build though. If you’re running the standard at least 20 in Defense, Healing Signet, and etc it becomes even easier. However if you’re running a more glassy or unorthodox build then it’s can be more challenging.

Problem is the easy builds are also the viable ones.

I tried to play without points in defense, without Cleansing ire, Lyssa or Berserker Stance. You can do stuff, but you get overwhelmed by other craziness. And you have to go super glassy, which shouldn’t be the only way to play skilled.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Super hard to play can’t you see no one even plays the class? It requires so much skill for so little reward it’s not even funny….

Sorry, my bad I thought you were talking about eles

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

redslion.9675

Super hard to play can’t you see no one even plays the class? It requires so much skill for so little reward it’s not even funny….

It used to, though. Problem is there ALWAYS should be a difference between “BUFFING” and “DUMBING DOWN”.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Is Warrior hard to play?

http://strawpoll.me/1136590

no

It used to be very hard though, as any class is with no condi removal/minimal hps

Phaatonn, London UK

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

It used to, though. Problem is there ALWAYS should be a difference between “BUFFING” and “DUMBING DOWN”.

Sad thing is that “dumbing down” is the actual anet’s equivalent for “casual friendly” aka the nemesis of competitive play. They love pve heroes so much..

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Rob.1039

Rob.1039

See him, haha he’s going down poor soul, jump in shadow shot, double – wild – lotus strike, he seems suprised, another shadow shot haha you’re dead meat, double – wild – .. he turns arund, jump out, swap to sb, choking gas, trick shot, trick shot, cluster, he swings his greatsword, haha noob, ugh berseker stance? ok easy, just run around, don’t get hit, it’s off haha, swap, shadow shot, double – wild -.. shield block? ok, just run around, jump in, double – wild -.. defy pain? oh come on dude, ain’t got time for this kitten, ok it’s off, haha jump in, double -.. ouch 2-3k axe autos?! black powder, BLACK POWDER! HEAL! phew, shadow refuge, easy tiger.. k, steal – backstab, double – wild, heartseeker, hartseeker, hart…. 12k EVISCERATE!!! what the kitten!!! how.. but.. how.. great, he’s laughing now^^

Lol uberskilled thief failing to dodge and eviscerate…
If you were as skilled as you said you’d know that f1 5 f1 5 1111 5 1112 f1 5 f1 kills a warrior without them ever touching you. Berserker stance? Use your dodge rolls til it’s gone.

You took it all very seriously, it was a joke, just to show how much effort some classes have to make to kill other. Also just fyi I play warrior as often as thief and your tactic, ehm.. Black Powder? Any half decent warrior knows how to avoid it. Stolen axes? CC thief straight away. You’re going to dodge? Good, you ain’t doing any damage while dodging, btw my healing signet still ticks^^ Now, I’m not saying warriors can’t be beaten by thieves, I’m just indicating that rolling warrior is way much easier and much more forgiving than for example thief. Good day sir^^

(edited by Rob.1039)

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Sad thing is that “dumbing down” is the actual anet’s equivalent for “casual friendly” aka the nemesis of competitive play. They love pve heroes so much..

That said if they nerfed them substantially, it would be to appease casual players.

Phaatonn, London UK

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

That said if they nerfed them substantially, it would be to appease casual players.

If they nerf every braindead no skill/high reward build (Like hambow, spirit ranger, mm necros and so on..) casuals would eventually have to l2p or die badly..

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

If they nerf every braindead no skill/high reward build (Like hambow, spirit ranger, mm necros and so on..) casuals would eventually have to l2p or die badly..

And good players wouldn’t be able to role a warrior

Phaatonn, London UK

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Pre necro patch Warrior will only be viable if everything on a grand scale is nerfed.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

Naw brah naww. Even before they were broken warrior was easy to play. The only difference was before if you in general knew what you were doing in pvp you would be fine. Now of course you can just smash your keyboard and be effective.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I hate to agree with the crowd of forum trolls that go “OMGOMGOMG IT R FACE ROLL!!!1!11!” about any imbalanced build, but overall, most warrior builds do seem to have a lower skill floor and ceiling than most other professions. It’s not as simple as something like a spirit ranger, but it’s definitely no engi or ele.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

redslion.9675

Naw brah naww. Even before they were broken warrior was easy to play. The only difference was before if you in general knew what you were doing in pvp you would be fine. Now of course you can just smash your keyboard and be effective.

I believe you didn’t play one before buffs. Being effective in a tournament with a warrior wasn’t easy, they were extremely limited.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

lol nah brah, before warriors were complete trash which no one gives a lol and not viable at all in high level tournaments play.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

lol nah brah, before warriors were complete trash which no one gives a lol and not viable at all in high level tournaments play.

Sure warrior was bad, but not complete trash.. just overshadowed by everything(like thief is completely overhsadowing ele and mesmer right now), all it needed was some slight tweaks to handle condis(especially chill and cripple) and a some slight tweaks to weapons. The patch before healing signet got buffed and zerker stance got buffed from 4 to 8sec felt pretty darn good for me as warrior, felt viable but not faceroll.
The 4sec condi immunity was way enough to let me handle necros and engis quite well if used at the right time, now it’s such a faceroll skill vs condition users……….

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Ozie.4176

Ozie.4176

I believe you didn’t play one before buffs. Being effective in a tournament with a warrior wasn’t easy, they were extremely limited.

Naw brah naw, Bry is a fotm hero who only started playing warrior when hambow got big. Still doesn’t even know how to equip healing sig. GG Bry

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Dankshasta.6812

Dankshasta.6812

It’s been the easiest class I’ve tried…but having said that there is a tremendous difference between a good warrior, and a bad one. You’ll realize that pretty fast.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Many months ago…average warrior player…. 08/02/2014 nothing really changed…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

redslion.9675

Sure warrior was bad, but not complete trash.. just overshadowed by everything(like thief is completely overhsadowing ele and mesmer right now), all it needed was some slight tweaks to handle condis(especially chill and cripple) and a some slight tweaks to weapons. The patch before healing signet got buffed and zerker stance got buffed from 4 to 8sec felt pretty darn good for me as warrior, felt viable but not faceroll.
The 4sec condi immunity was way enough to let me handle necros and engis quite well if used at the right time, now it’s such a faceroll skill vs condition users……….

IMHO the 8 seconds buff alone was kinda welcome because without it warriors would have been pigeounholed into cc-heavy builds. But I agree, those dayse were great. Anet buffed Healing Signet too fast, without giving us the time to see what we could do with what we got.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Easy to play hard to master I would say, there are two kinds of warriors but the problem is that both can destroy everything xD

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i think only easier class or rather build to play is mm necro lol

p.s. i played both ._.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

MM Necro is ridiculous.
They call Warrior OP, but we need be fast and be aware all time fo stand alive while MM Necro only stay stop in center of the node and do this:

obs: without count conditions…

Attachments:

(edited by JETWING.2759)

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

MM Necro is ridiculous.
They call Warrior OP, but we need be fast and be aware all time fo stand alive while MM Necro only stay stop in center of the node and do this:

Lmao, right? Warriors are easiest to play probably tied with mm necros but mm necro is a specific build and warrior is a whole class so I’d say warrior wins.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Play it glass cannon then it will take even MORE skill than Mesmer, sometimes even Thief though Thief compared to Warrior are differently strong in specific aspects. Play it tank and it will be a little/just as cancerous as certain Mesmer/Necro builds.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

MM Necro is ridiculous.

“fast and be aware all the time to stand alive” in order to play warrior. Holy kitten, no wonder why Hijo-Man defected back to the dumpster behind the taco stand.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

MM Necro is ridiculous.

Say that to Spirit Rangers.

In no way should MM Necromancers be considered overpowered when we have a pEtTiNg ZoO that has minions not only hurt opponents but also buff ALL allies around

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

MM Necro is ridiculous.

In no way should MM Necromancers be considered overpowered when we have a pEtTiNg ZoO that has minions not only hurt opponents but also buff ALL allies around

Careful of that Call Lightning spell, it might do 1000 damage every 20 seconds compared to a Flesh Golem doing 700 per .8 or Shadow Fiend doing 700 per 1.5 while healing you each hit.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

MM Necro is ridiculous.

Careful of that Call Lightning spell, it might do 1000 damage every 20 seconds compared to a Flesh Golem doing 700 per .8 or Shadow Fiend doing 700 per 1.5 while healing you each hit.

A Flesh Golem does not insta-revive its master everytime s/he’s downed

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i faced mm necro, mesmer + spirit ranger once… i couldn’t see kitten

dat burning was OP lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Is warrior hard to play?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Easiest to learn, hard to truly master.

A bad warrior is probably better than a bad anything else.

A good warrior is no better than a good anything else.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Levijeh.1467

Levijeh.1467

Not even slightly, there’s a reason people don’t run the ‘unorthodox’ builds.

Cleansing ire/healing signet/lyssa runes/ doublestance & doublesignet utilities – attach weapon of choice and facetank whatever you’d like. There really isn’t a skill in the game that would punish this setup in a way that you couldn’t shake off

I punish this setup you’re talking about with my thief. I’m rank 42 and I punish r50+ warriors with Healing Signet, Endure Pain, Balanced Stance, Berserker Stance, Cleansing Ire. My main is warrior and I know exactly how to deal with my natural class. I mean it’s like if I knew what they are going to do next so I counter important attacks that will compromise my glassy but bursty thief. Warrior attacks are extremely easy to read in 1v1 2v2 fights (Pin Down exception). People want to face warriors and are willing to kill them in seconds like you did before warrior buff, you loved that and got accustomed. Endure Pain is only 4 seconds (5 traited), balanced stance (Stability) is a boon and you can steal, remove or corrupt it. Some classes can’t remove boons but have access to Protection and Regeneration. Immunity to incoming conditions 8 secs (10 traited). I mean, if I’m running a heavy condition build why should I use my CD’s if a warrior pops up this stance? Conditions mesmers, necromancers, condi rangers and condition engineers, just “retreat” for a couple seconds and then come back, just as Thieves do. If you want to be a hero while Endure Pain and Zerk Stance is up then go. Target your opponent and open your eyes, there’s a little icon that appears on top that says what boons your opponent has. An average-skilled warrior will usually wait for some damage to test your damage output, armor and mobility (usually first 2 incoming attacks), if surpassed his expectations he’ll consider you as a threat and fight you as his equal, if you haven’t then you’ll be auto-attacked and you’ll post on forums “Nerf Warriors”. Warriors are warriors, understand that you can’t fight them as if you were a warrior too.

• I apologize for any grammar slip since english is my seconds language.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Levijeh.1467

Levijeh.1467

See him, haha he’s going down poor soul, jump in shadow shot, double – wild – lotus strike, he seems surprised, another shadow shot haha you’re dead meat, double – wild – .. he turns around, jump out, swap to sb, choking gas, trick shot, trick shot, cluster, he swings his greatsword, haha noob, ugh berseker stance? ok easy, just run around, don’t get hit, it’s off haha, swap, shadow shot, double – wild -.. shield block? ok, just run around, jump in, double – wild -.. defy pain? oh come on dude, ain’t got time for this kitten, ok it’s off, haha jump in, double -.. ouch 2-3k axe autos?! black powder, BLACK POWDER! HEAL! phew, shadow refuge, easy tiger.. k, steal – backstab, double – wild, heartseeker, hartseeker, hart…. 12k EVISCERATE!!! what the kitten!!! how.. but.. how.. great, he’s laughing now^^

You’re an “uberskilled commando dragon punch thief” that eats a mighty EVISCERATE? really? Even Asura engis can dodge the readable EVISCERATE. And I wonder, 12k eviscerate is yeah very satisfying high damage, but were you fighting against a glass cannon low rank warrior and ate 12k damage. What a shame, coming from a Thief.

Is Warrior hard to play?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

You lost to a GS/Axe and shield warrior? I think that says more about you than to that warrior.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant