It's already happening, "nerf warrior CC"

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

ok u get a response unaware how stupid u seem to be. thanks for pointing out that english isnt my motherlanguage, but i guess u can understand.

so i got outplayed by a warrior if i loose. ok maybe u should pick ur brother in mind defektive and show me as a normal ranger how u defend yourself against a cc warrior with ur blinds and that many stunbreakers or dodges a normal not bunker spirit ranger has. maybe i change my mind if u manage to beat him under that circumstances.

your complete argumentation is invalid. u try to argument that cc is needed to counter condition spam. but cc is a counter to everything and in that amount atm op. there is also no need to always refer to necs or engis or condition spam. dont know u all dont want accept that. esp if i follow ur argument u demand that i choose my counter to cc wisely but neglate the use of conditionremoval wisely.

A “normal” ranger. Is that some way of saying that you are running a poor build?

Everyone starts out with two (2) dodges. As a ranger you have access to quite a few more on weapons like sword dagger (2 dodges and a huge leap), Great Sword (Evade at end of auto chain and a block), short bow has an evade on #3.

That said theres also traits that give greater passive endurance regeneration (not taking more dodge rolls is just silly) trait that gives vigor on heal, Lightning Reflexes , an evading stun break that also gives vigor. Furthermore there are also traits that activate on CC, like Hide in Plain Sight or the one that transfers a stun to your pet on a rather long CD.

As you can see there are A LOT of easy to access evades built into the class. Furthermore Longbow, Shortbow and Axe are all ranged while the warrior has ot get into melee to stun you. The warrior approaching without stability? Point Blank Shot, Hunters Shot, re position yourself and kite away.

Axe, Winters Bite. You can bet you’ll have a much easier time running circles around him while he’s chilled, even if he has dogged march, he’ll still be slowed for around two seconds, enough time to back up or re-position yourself.

Shortbow is rather obvious with it’s own stun, cripple and evade.

Furthermore you also have a pet which can be activated even when you’re stunned to do things like fear, knockdown, chill and blind.

In closing, if you’re still getting cc chained by a warrior as a ranger
a) a bad player that is incapable of dodging
b) been caught with your pants down, in which case anything would wreck you
c) playing a glass cannon build without proper damage mitigation through evades etc

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in PvP

Posted by: kurtdg.2370

kurtdg.2370

Warrior always had the cc capability with mace. The real benefit that wars got, which nobody seems to be talking about actually makes this build viable now.

yeah but the duration got buffed 1 whole second..

i remember the time s/d got a nerf cause they could dazechain some. thats nearly the same story.

1 second is not the reason for the meta. It’s just a by-standard benefit… not really what makes CC war builds viable now. Sure a lot can happen in 1 s, but when your stunned for 5+s you’re probably dead regardless.

in PvP

Posted by: Matzepeng.1053

Matzepeng.1053

And a bucket load of condis can kill you in less than 9 seconds.
It is also unlikley that you will get a full skullcrack every 7 1/2, because you will have spend adrenaline on the other weapon (for the effect or maybe just to get some conditions off) or because Skullcrack was your first attack and your weapon swap isn’t even back after 7 seconds.
Besides how long will the warrior be able to stand right in front of you in the middle of a team fight and “spam” you with CC while damage and condis and CC are flying around all over the place? Realistically, I reckon not even a full stunlock rotation.
Now in a 2v1 and maybe even a 1v1 it’s a different situation, but in case of the latter the warrior will likely not outdamage your heals and defense.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

ok u get a response unaware how stupid u seem to be. thanks for pointing out that english isnt my motherlanguage, but i guess u can understand.

so i got outplayed by a warrior if i loose. ok maybe u should pick ur brother in mind defektive and show me as a normal ranger how u defend yourself against a cc warrior with ur blinds and that many stunbreakers or dodges a normal not bunker spirit ranger has. maybe i change my mind if u manage to beat him under that circumstances.

your complete argumentation is invalid. u try to argument that cc is needed to counter condition spam. but cc is a counter to everything and in that amount atm op. there is also no need to always refer to necs or engis or condition spam. dont know u all dont want accept that. esp if i follow ur argument u demand that i choose my counter to cc wisely but neglate the use of conditionremoval wisely.

A “normal” ranger. Is that some way of saying that you are running a poor build?

Everyone starts out with two (2) dodges. As a ranger you have access to quite a few more on weapons like sword dagger (2 dodges and a huge leap), Great Sword (Evade at end of auto chain and a block), short bow has an evade on #3.

That said theres also traits that give greater passive endurance regeneration (not taking more dodge rolls is just silly) trait that gives vigor on heal, Lightning Reflexes , an evading stun break that also gives vigor. Furthermore there are also traits that activate on CC, like Hide in Plain Sight or the one that transfers a stun to your pet on a rather long CD.

As you can see there are A LOT of easy to access evades built into the class. Furthermore Longbow, Shortbow and Axe are all ranged while the warrior has ot get into melee to stun you. The warrior approaching without stability? Point Blank Shot, Hunters Shot, re position yourself and kite away.

Axe, Winters Bite. You can bet you’ll have a much easier time running circles around him while he’s chilled, even if he has dogged march, he’ll still be slowed for around two seconds, enough time to back up or re-position yourself.

Shortbow is rather obvious with it’s own stun, cripple and evade.

Furthermore you also have a pet which can be activated even when you’re stunned to do things like fear, knockdown, chill and blind.

In closing, if you’re still getting cc chained by a warrior as a ranger
a) a bad player that is incapable of dodging
b) been caught with your pants down, in which case anything would wreck you
c) playing a glass cannon build without proper damage mitigation through evades etc

bla bla bla long story short:
im a noob if i cant dodge but u arent a noob if u cant clear conditions.
im a noob if my energie is empty cause i dodged 3 of the possible 6 ccs in the first 5 seconds. u arent a noob cause u still write long stories without realisation how op it is. maybe u realize it the next nerfbat that is for sure comming.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

bla bla bla long story short:
im a noob if i cant dodge but u arent a noob if u cant clear conditions.
im a noob if my energie is empty cause i dodged 3 of the possible 6 ccs in the first 5 seconds. u arent a noob cause u still write long stories without realisation how op it is. maybe u realize it the next nerfbat that is for sure comming.

I think people that don’t bring condition cleanses are “noobs”, yes.
No warrior can get off 6 CC’s in 5 seconds. At MOST you could rush in with Hammer F1, than 4/5 than weapon swap for mace/shield stun. If you’ve already dodged 3 of these what are you still doing in melee range?

The more you go on the clearer it becomes that you are simply a poor player that refuses to adapt to a mechanic in the game since release.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in PvP

hooma.9642

And a bucket load of condis can kill you in less than 9 seconds.
It is also unlikley that you will get a full skullcrack every 7 1/2, because you will have spend adrenaline on the other weapon (for the effect or maybe just to get some conditions off) or because Skullcrack was your first attack and your weapon swap isn’t even back after 7 seconds.
Besides how long will the warrior be able to stand right in front of you in the middle of a team fight and “spam” you with CC while damage and condis and CC are flying around all over the place? Realistically, I reckon not even a full stunlock rotation.
Now in a 2v1 and maybe even a 1v1 it’s a different situation, but in case of the latter the warrior will likely not outdamage your heals and defense.

yeah but u has conditionremove for condis, thats why they called conditionremove i guess.

the rest are assumptions. if we would argument like that then the instagibthief before nerf where still ingame.

it will. cause u will not be able to heal that what cc is good for.interupt and as long the warrior deals more than 0 dmg he is killing for sure.

in PvP

Posted by: Matzepeng.1053

Matzepeng.1053

Didn’t see you edited the response. I would agree that the potential to pull of a full CC chain increases the smaller the fight.
However I don’t think it is ever getting close to OP because he still has to rip through your protection and regen to actually kill you within the duration of the cc-chain and with the reduced damage that comes with those weapons, that is a very unlikely outcome.

in PvP

hooma.9642

Didn’t see you edited the response. I would agree that the potential to pull of a full CC chain increases the smaller the fight.
However I don’t think it is ever getting close to OP because he still has to rip through your protection and regen to actually kill you within the duration of the cc-chain and with the reduced damage that comes with those weapons, that is a very unlikely outcome.

it isnt unlikley i has trolled enough ppl with out. u will outdmg him no matter how small ur dmg is as long as u interrupt the heals or regenapplication. u has to much access what makes it op. not a single one.

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Wow, now we have players whining about warriors? This is a parody right?

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

LoL at those who crying about CC Warrior, my engine is condition, trip kit (FT,Bomb,Tool) no stun breaker will not lose to a CC Warrior at the same skill level….You guys should spend time to study rather than making these useless thread.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: VidurrRedhands.1964

VidurrRedhands.1964

This has been great to read. Nerf everyone so I don’t ever have to dodge, please.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Just close this ridiculous thread already, oh my kittening god.

CC Warrior is ONLY a viable build, nothing more than that. The counters and risk vs rewards to it are soooo high, if anyone has problems naming at least a few then there’s something terribly wrong with your play style.

CC Warrior will still get melted and CCd by AoEs in big fights, there you really have to be careful not to overextend and how you pick your targets. So how do you pick your targets? Pick the kittening Engi or Necro spamming nades from 1500, marks from 1200, chase them down, try to kill them. IT IS A COUNTER PLAY, finally!!! Finally you can really punish careless people spamming AoE from the safe distance.

And “someone” here in this topic is acting as if Warrior can just barge into the fight and start chain stunning anyone on sight. I mean lol… get a grip.

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Warriors are still horribly under powered in comparison to every other class for PvP. The mufti functioning skills and access to all boons/conditions make the other classes semi balanced. Meanwhile the Warrior has access to 4 conditions (which all other classes can easily, very easily, cleanse conditions (mesmer might have a harder time running a standard build, but they have access to condition removal on torch skill use)) while in a condition build with no real access to boons aside from stability, fury, might, and swiftness. Notice the big two are missing: Protection and Vigor.

The cool down on stomp is nice and all, but when a Mesmer/Thief/Ranger has evades with a cool down of twelve seconds or less, it makes stomp useless.

The CC Warrior is just another new player destroyer build, but in all honesty; every build will kill a new player.

Every profession has multiple stun breakers as utilities, or evades on weapons, or invulnerability, or teleport (and some classes have them all!). The only difference now is, instead of running with one stun breaker and the rest damage they might have to take a second stun breaker.

With everything accounted for in the professions, skill will not make up for what the Warrior lacks in comparison to the other classes. Warriors will only win duels against other who don’t know their class or just make mistakes often.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I love how before the last patch, which practically changed nothing except making our heals marginally better, there were ZERO complaints about Warrior cc. A patch happens that hardly does anything, and all the sudden all the kids decide it is time to whine about Warriors on the forums?

You know what. I am not even going to argue with these kids. I’ll put it this way Anet. You listen to these kids and nerf a class that is STILL in need of attention simply because they refuse to counterplay (and cry on forums) and you lose this player and his continued support in your store. I got a backlog of about 30 Playstation 3 games and 20 or so Steam games I can play and Wildstar and other MMOs coming out this year.

good bye and have fun with your games… who cares? nobody!

why nobody was cry about cc warriors? cause nobody was playing them.. so nobody has noticed how borderline it is. but u dont care… hope not see or hear u again

Nobody played CC warriors because they weren’t viable due to the opposing team running WAY more stun breaks kind of like how mesmer can teleport every 6-8 seconds traited with the staff. And how thieves infiltrators return is a psuedo stun break or cantrip eles before the recent nerf with multiple stun breaks
Then people got used to not needing stun breaks because thieves became more of a rarity and people figured out how to counter mesmer burst. So then come the condi spammers who don’t run stun breaks (well of power used to not be a stun break iirc) and the engis who have useless stun breaks. So what counters that lots of stun

Risk v. Reward: a warrior must stand in the middle of the point and land their obvious stun. They have all of their gap closers are affected by cripple/chill so they have to try twice as hard to land their burst.

You don’t want to be locked down by a warrior. Dodge the obvious burst animations (those are the ones that last awhile) and you can handle the other 2 which is a one second stun and a one second daze. If the warrior is using sigils of para to up their stun duration good for them. They are playing a build that works. Just because your cheese condi spam Insert “x” class here doesn’t work against these doesnt mean it needs nerfed.
Here is a though (run more stun breakers!)
IF you are a ranger run the trait that mak you invisible when you are disabled (same for engis. Then get some breathing room
If you are a necro then use reapers protection. I am sorry if that messes your build up but if you want to survive and stay on the same class then theory craft. That is what all the warriors did. It aint hard to counter. And warriors are no a better lock down class than mesmers.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

in PvP

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

I love how before the last patch, which practically changed nothing except making our heals marginally better, there were ZERO complaints about Warrior cc.

Most of the changes came with the June 25th patch.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I love to hear everytime i kill someone “l2p noob, stop playing op class” so much hate. <grabbing popcorn> continue this thread so i can lol at everyone saying warrior cc is op. Kitten it is better than comedies in tv!

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

It just seems that you just can’t win with people. They’ll always cry for nerf against builds they don’t want to adapt to or builds they don’t know how to counter. I just really hope ANet doesn’t change ANYTHING within the next months so that they will give players the opportunity to adapt. If they keep changing classes, it will be right back to the nerf QQ this community loves to delve in. In a sense, ANet has sort of encouraged this behavior indirectly given how apt they are at listening to the community. Bit of a Catch 22, innit?

In the opinion of this humble warrior, I strongly feel there shouldn’t any balance changes for a good, long while.

I really don’t mind this warrior CC-lock build. But we should be able to cleanse the CC (knockback time where the guy sits on the ground for a bit; launches; interrupting pull mid-air because u popped a stun-break).
Why isn’t this happening?
Because the major problem with that warrior build is that you can’t cleanse some of the CC so you get thrown around. Thats the main issue with it

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I feel like this thread is full of FOTM Necros who don’t know how to play their profession yet and are crying that they can’t faceroll over every single profession in the game.

There’s absolutely nothing OP about the build, I’ll wait and see what happens here also. If the build gets nerfed I’ll laugh and know Anet just listens to the crying baddies who refuse to learn how to play.

This is probably one of the best builds in the game as far as balance and risk vs reward IMO. You can play it VERY effectively with good timing and keep track of dodges blown/stun breaks wasted, etc…or you can get completely kited, blinded, miss your stuns, etc and be useless. It requires the Warrior to be up in your face melee range in the thick the whole time and use of slower, telegraphed attacks. It rewards good play and punishes bad play severely – I’d like to see more of this, not less.

If ever there was a thread that needed a bunch of “L2P” replies…its this one.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in PvP

Velron.3729

Lets make a deal!

Nerf Warriors CC —-—> bring back beta Warrior damage.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Lets make a deal!

Nerf Warriors CC —-—> bring back beta Warrior damage.

Which is why warrior CC is fine

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

It´s quite amazing , that people are complaining about a “Gimmick-Build” which is easy to counter.
*Blind
*Evade
*Stunbreakers
*Stealth
*Teleports
*Pushback

I am sure there other things that i forgot to mention. Also, another tactic to counter, is by simply do not stand still, and keep moving.

Warrior’s Mace might need a very slight tone down, given that it’s a one handed weapon that can be paired with more CC on the offhand (shield or mace). With a Sigil of Paralyzation and an offhand with CC, it becomes incredibly difficult to melee a mace warrior at all.

I do not know what class you are playing, but if you are a caster class, then do not go to melee a warrior with out a “stunbreak”. It will work against you mostly. If you are playing a Thief , Guardian, or an Engi, then you should not complain at all.

What about any build that isn’t condi ranger? Ranger hasn’t had a viable offensive or glass build in ages. Even if you bring lightning reflexes and signet of renewal you will get steamrolled.

What weapons are you using with your ranger? You have enough counters with weapons alone to not let the warrior come near you at all.
LB with “Point Blank” which gives you "PushBack"and since last update “Hunter´s shot”with a 3sec “Stealth”. GS which has “Counter Attack” and “Crippling Throw” which you can “Block”,“Push-back” and “Cripple” your opponent or “Hilt Bash”which you can “daze” your opponent. Sword which grants you “Kick”, “Leap” and “Evasive Roll” etc.

so using sigel or paralyzation brings u to 31/2 seconds to fill to use mace f1 again. if that isnt spam what is it then?

It would be spam if you could applied 3 and 1/2 stun every 1-2 seconds with mace.

Regards

Seed

(edited by Seed.5467)

in PvP

Velron.3729

Isn’t a requirement of “spamming” skills they also be easy to land? How do you spam slow mace skills? lol

If by spam you mean manage to stick on your target in melee range with a zero mobility weapon set while keeping track of dodges, evasive skills used, stun breakers used or not, etc…then yes its definitely spamming.

in PvP

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

This build has always been here, it just became more viable now we have cleansing ire and easier to stick on people with improved warriors sprint.

The fact that you have to let the Warrior get so close and stay so close for this build to work just makes me think people need to learn to position better when they are runnin glass builds.

Also kitten es Necro’s off and that’s always nice for those fotm players that flocked to the class this month.

in PvP

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

It´s quite amazing , that people are complaining about a “Gimmick-Build” which is easy to counter.
*Blind
*Evade
*Stunbreakers
*Stealth
*Teleports
*Pushback

U forgot stability. People don’t want to learn the counter. They just want to be spoonfed glory. I’ll continue to lol as I Skull Crack → Mace 1 combo → Mace 3 → Shield 4 → Mace 1 → Bull Charge → Sword 3 → Mace 5 → Rinse and Repeat…

in PvP

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

*Blind
*Evade
*Stunbreakers
*Stealth
*Teleports
*Pushback

U forgot stability. People don’t want to learn the counter. They just want to be spoonfed glory. I’ll continue to lol as I Skull Crack -> Mace 1 combo -> Mace 3 -> Shield 4 -> Mace 1 -> Bull Charge -> Sword 3 -> Mace 5 -> Rinse and Repeat…

seed list is still too short

add
cripple
chill

those kill all mele warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

Everyone in this thread that is defending a 3 sec stun on a 7 1/2 sec cd must think WoW has good pvp.

Anet should of been smart and followed the direction of gw1, aka not losing control of your character for a significant amount of time.

Hahahahahaha!!!!

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Backbreaker
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hammer_Bash
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Belly_Smash
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Yeti_Smash
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Overbearing_Smash

etc. You could wreck people for days with a good stunlock build in GW1

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in PvP

Chrispytoast.3698

snip

Warriors were not seen in PvP because there was no real viable build for them to run. Now the instant they get a viable build that can easily be avoided and mitigated if you know how you scream OP and want to kick Warriors out of PvP again.

in PvP

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

The build is viable and decent. Nothing more. Facing heavy condi teams will still wreck warriors. No matter the amount of anti condi traits, skills and runes.

Condi meta is boring :/

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in PvP

jportell.2197

And stunlock warrior is hilarious.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Warrior always had the cc capability with mace. The real benefit that wars got, which nobody seems to be talking about actually makes this build viable now.

yeah but the duration got buffed 1 whole second..

i remember the time s/d got a nerf cause they could dazechain some. thats nearly the same story.

Yeah but the buff was month ago
and you had no idea how useless was mace, and your comparison is fail in so many level

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Warriors should have high CC usage. That was what they excelled at in gw1, and it’s what they should be good at in gw2. One of the things I was most disappointed with in gw2 warrior coming from gw1 warrior is how terrible hammer is. In gw1 hammer warrior was permanently “meta” because of their high CC potential. gw2 hammer is pretty much only useful in wvw because of the adrenal skill.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in PvP

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Everyone in this thread that is defending a 3 sec stun on a 7 1/2 sec cd must think WoW has good pvp.

Anet should of been smart and followed the direction of gw1, aka not losing control of your character for a significant amount of time.

Hahahahahaha!!!!

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Backbreaker
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hammer_Bash
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Belly_Smash
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Yeti_Smash
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Overbearing_Smash

etc. You could wreck people for days with a good stunlock build in GW1

Not to mention that in gw1 there was no such thing as a stunbreak. So you had to perfectly time balanced stance to stay up. One of my favorite things to do on monk was pop balanced stance right when a warrior tried to dev hammer me ftw

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

GW1 had plenty of shutdown and “Don’t touch anything on your keyboard or you die” skills from Mesmer and necromancer. But the Monk was there and he kept you alive through all of that.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

LoL at those who crying about CC Warrior, my engine is condition, trip kit (FT,Bomb,Tool) no stun breaker will not lose to a CC Warrior at the same skill level….You guys should spend time to study rather than making these useless thread.

You’ve got 2 immunity blocks, a root, and a knockback. On top of 2 blinds.

Engineers are actually one of the few classes that can go light on stun breakers because of how many antispike skills they have.

A necromancer will get tossed around like a pinball.

You don’t balance from kittened condition spam on a point to kittened cc spam.

All the cleaves and CC’s need to be toned down. In this game anything that isn’t a guardian or ranger bunker just gets torn apart in a few seconds of cleaving/focus fire.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.1275

Sabre.1275

Warriors are not a very strong class in pvp, but stunlocks need to be adjusted and they need to be given improvements elsewhere. It is just not fun to be stunlocked for 4+ seconds at a time, repeatedly.

in PvP

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

Flavor of the Month: Eles – > Rangers → Necros → ? (thieves?)

The thing is, if we keep getting every class nerfed and buffed constantly, everyone will end up being guardian. Warriors are not OP, are not even top tier class, but they got something with the CC, will you take it away? Think again what class you play, because in the end, you will only play guardian, and then, it will be nerfed too.

Even if you can perma CC someONE, you can’t do the same against a group, and by focusing only one player (not even killing him), you can’t defend yourself, and as a warrior, you will die to anything (anyone else hitting you) while you “stun lock” someone. I think warriors can “bunker” 1 v 1 right now, but that’s it. In hotjoin.

in PvP

Chrispytoast.3698

Warriors are not a very strong class in pvp, but stunlocks need to be adjusted and they need to be given improvements elsewhere. It is just not fun to be stunlocked for 4+ seconds at a time, repeatedly.

It is also not fun to be at the bottom of the PvP chain for months while waiting for a viable Warrior build

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

They’ll always cry for nerf against builds they don’t want to adapt to or builds they don’t know how to counter.

When ‘adapting’ and ‘countering’ is entirely revolving around ‘having stability/stunbreaks’ and in the end only grossly limiting what specs you can actually play…

Yeah, no.
Having a class near entirely dedicated to CC locking players, in this game, is not a good thing.

You seem to think ‘change’ is a linear term, that the only thing Anet can do to the warrior is just nerf the class, or make an ability hit harder (I’m honestly not sure if your right)
BUT
If the devs have a lick of sense it quite obviously isn’t…
because right next to ‘nerfing’ something is ‘fixing’ it…
its a crazy concept where the class stays at the same power but ‘adapting’ to the warrior is more about playing well against it, than googling the right spec…
If that makes sense.

Anyways.
With all the tragedy I can muster: the devs seem pretty bad at ‘tweaking’ thing, so all the logic I can through out there is useless in the face of incompetence. The highest expectations I have from them is that they don’t strangle their own game within the year.

Best of luck at keeping the warrior viable.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Chrispytoast.3698

They’ll always cry for nerf against builds they don’t want to adapt to or builds they don’t know how to counter.

When ‘adapting’ and ‘countering’ is entirely revolving around ‘having stability/stunbreaks’ and in the end only grossly limiting what specs you can actually play…

Yeah, no.
Having a class near entirely dedicated to CC locking players, in this game, is not a good thing.

You seem to think ‘change’ is a linear term, that the only thing Anet can do to the warrior is just nerf the class, or make an ability hit harder (I’m honestly not sure if your right) but… if the devs have a lick of sense it quite obviously isn’t… because right next to ‘nerfing’ something is ‘fixing it… its a crazy concept where the class stays at the same power but ’adapting’ to the warrior is more about playing well against it, than googling the right spec…

If that makes sense…

How to counter Warrior CC…

1) Watch for Warriors and keep a safe distance from them
2) If they get close, don’t get caught by a Warrior. Use blinds, chills, immobilizes etc.
3) If you think you will get caught bring something to get out. Stunbreak, invisibility etc.

in PvP

garethh.3518

2) If they get close, don’t get caught by a Warrior. Use blinds, chills, immobilizes etc.
3) If you think you will get caught bring something to get out. Stunbreak, invisibility etc.

-The game’s TPvP revolves around capture points, so keeping a safe distance is next to impossible most of the time.
-Next to every warrior runs berserker stance
-That just leaves option 3… which is kind of like what I was saying. Either keep out of his CC and his entire class is useless… or get CC locked and kitten d. It just really annoys me that one boon (stability) can entirely negate an entire spec…. it leaves said CC spec needing to be balanced above par against anyone without stability… which just creates a ‘run the right spec/premade’ deal or get kitten kitten d.

:/

RANT—-
Don’t get me wrong, that problem is in many games, its just that those game have redeeming features to make up for the gimmicky downsides… GW2 really doesn’t have anything going for itself… the basis for the combat, with the ability to body block and dodge roll is cool, but all the abilities are setup like kitten and there is no team dynamic or real ability to use the body blocking short of from hord minions…

Conquest isn’t innately a bad map, but the thing is, it puts in focus all the glaring issues of GW2 combat.
—Making combat based on skirmishing puts the depth and complexity of the class/weapons/utilities (and their ability to work with other classes), in the spotlight.
The game is really lackluster there.
—Making it based on bunker/roamer further aggravates the pre-existing problem where power/crit/critdmg scale so well… so well that anything but high power/crit/critdmg is bad, bad physical dmg*… I mean, you can see, a burst based roamer is the best kind of roamer, that combined with high power/crit/critdmg dps being the only way to do notable physcial dmg… just makes the game unavoidable into burst/bunker shenanigans, with of course condi’s on the side, wherever they happen to fall this month…
*-short of cheese like bonus/auto crit and retal.

Anyways… I’m done ranting for now.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Yeah, no.

Funny, I think the same thing when my whole builds at time revolve around countering conditions and squeezing a tiny bit of utility/damage now and then.

in PvP

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

Yeah, no.

You seem to think ‘change’ is a linear term, that the only thing Anet can do to the warrior is just nerf the class, or make an ability hit harder (I’m honestly not sure if your right) but… if the devs have a lick of sense it quite obviously isn’t… because right next to ‘nerfing’ something is ‘fixing it… its a crazy concept where the class stays at the same power but ’adapting’ to the warrior is more about playing well against it, than googling the right spec…

If that makes sense…

1) just run off of the CP and let them cap it—then you can avoid their cc
2) don’t forget to play your 30/30/30/30/30 build with 6 stun breakers, blinds, and chills. this is key
3) your stunbreak on a 60 second cooldown should allow you to pull ahead of their multiple knockdowns, dazes, and stuns all with cooldowns of 30 second or less
4) if you were in the middle of a fight and you’ve used all 8 of your stun breakers and got flanked by the warrior you should L2P

in PvP

Velron.3729

I’d just like to let you all know every time you say “CC spam” you show your ignorance to how the build works.

in PvP

Velron.3729

-The game’s TPvP revolves around capture points, so keeping a safe distance is next to impossible most of the time.
-That just leaves option 3… which is kind of like what I was saying. Either keep out of his CC and his entire class is useless… or get CC locked and kitten d. It just really annoys me that one boon (stability) can entirely negate an entire spec…. it leaves said CC spec needing to be balanced above par against anyone without stability… which just creates a ‘run the right spec/premade’ deal or get kitten kitten d.

-You complaining you can’t run away from a melee Warrior inside a point? How you think we feel having to melee inside it with Necro marks the size of the point, Engi bombs the size of the point, etc? kitten almost forgot now Guardian symbols the size of the point.

-Berserker Stance is 8 seconds. If you can’t make it 8 seconds you probably deserve to die. You have stun breaks and dodges for this time, after this – now its time to control the Warrior with conditions or your own counter pressure.

-This point has been refuted by the previous two.

in PvP

Velron.3729

Yeah, no.

If that makes sense…

1) just run off of the CP and let them cap it—then you can avoid their cc
2) don’t forget to play your 30/30/30/30/30 build with 6 stun breakers, blinds, and chills. this is key
3) your stunbreak on a 60 second cooldown should allow you to pull ahead of their multiple knockdowns, dazes, and stuns all with cooldowns of 30 second or less
4) if you were in the middle of a fight and you’ve used all 8 of your stun breakers and got flanked by the warrior you should L2P

Definitely L2P for you man.

What’s funny is Engineer can trait for -53% damage when stunned. FIFTY-THREE PERCENT!

People just plain don’t want to give up their fun kitten to take defensive options. You think I like running Berserker Stance, Balanced Stance and Sig of Stamina as my utilities instead of fun stuff like Kick, Stomp, Bulls Charge, etc? Nope, but I want to counter the condi meta, rather than cry about it. So I build for it.

in PvP

garethh.3518

-You complaining you can’t run away from a melee Warrior inside a point? How you think we feel having to melee inside it with Necro marks the size of the point, Engi bombs the size of the point, etc? kitten almost forgot now Guardian symbols the size of the point.

-Berserker Stance is 8 seconds. If you can’t make it 8 seconds you probably deserve to die. You have stun breaks and dodges for this time, after this – now its time to control the Warrior with conditions or your own counter pressure.

Please don’t talk when your angry, it really doesn’t get anything anywhere :/
So calm down… and lets talk…

Warriors are not OP. On the same page as me so far?
Warrior CC/stunlocking is not OP. We’re still on the same page, right?

My point is and always has been that CC-locking is a gimmick build in a relatively team-supportless game, a game with few things going for it… if you run the wrong spec you pretty much auto lose, if you get ambushed without a CC break up, you lose, if you pop your CC break while being knocked back… You. Lose.

Otherwise you pretty much, jokingly win.
That isn’t engaging gameplay.
In the slightest.

Engaging gameplay is something Anet has never strived for in any tweak or any patch, I mean short of the nerf to frenzy (which ended up with a spec as gimmicky as 100-blades)… tweaking, ignoring gameplay, focusing on balance, has killed the game for so many and imo will be the death of GW2.
That’s meh point, if you fallow me….

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Velron.3729

Please don’t talk when your angry, it really doesn’t get anything anywhere :/
So calm down… and lets talk…

Warriors are not OP. On the same page as me so far?
Warrior CC/stunlocking is not OP. We’re still on the same page, right?

My point is and always has been that CC-locking is a gimmick build in a relatively team-supportless game, a game with few things going for it… if you run the wrong spec you pretty much auto lose, if you get ambushed without a CC break up, you lose, if you pop your CC break while being knocked back… You. Lose.

Otherwise you pretty much, jokingly win.
That isn’t engaging gameplay.
In the slightest.

Engaging gameplay is something Anet has never strived for in any tweak or any patch, I mean short of the nerf to frenzy (which ended up with a spec as gimmicky as 100-blades)… tweaking, ignoring gameplay, focusing on balance, has killed the game for so many and imo will be the death of GW2.
That’s meh point, if you fallow me….

That’s fine if that’s your opinion. That isn’t what was said for me to be replying to though.

You took the previous posters 1-2-3 options on ways to counter and tried to make it sound like 1-2 were not viable options. I corrected, nothing more.

I’m not angry.

in PvP

garethh.3518

You took the previous posters 1-2-3 options on ways to counter and tried to make it sound like 1-2 were not viable options. I corrected, nothing more.

I’m not angry.

You said that “you can’t kite a warrior because there are aoes on other classes that take up the whole point”.
You said “the 8s immune to conditions is nothing, as long as you have endurance/invulns/CC breaks to stay alive during that time….”

Those points don’t really ‘correct’ anything… so I assumed you were ranting and let it go…
Don’t really think I have to explain the first, but with the second, surviving the 8s immune to conditions involves having the right spec… having those invulns, extra evades/CC breaks… which goes all the way back to the very point I was making, you have to play a spec with pretty restricted requirements, but then you faceroll warriors, or if not, you get roflestomped by the CC… which is just bad gameplay…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Just fought a team with two warriors, and they were actually a huge threat to me as a necromancer. It was a lot of fun to try to outplay them.

With today’s patch, I’m starting to feel the game is the most balanced it’s ever been.

in PvP

Velron.3729

I’m not angry.

You said that “you can’t kite a warrior because there are aoes on other classes that take up the whole point”.
You said “the 8s immune to conditions is nothing, as long as you have endurance/invulns/CC breaks to stay alive during that time….”

Those points don’t really ‘correct’ anything… so I assumed you were ranting and let it go…
Don’t really think I have to explain the first, but with the second, surviving the 8s immune to conditions involves having the right spec… having those invulns, extra evades/CC breaks… which goes all the way back to the very point I was making, you have to play a spec with pretty restricted requirements, but then you faceroll warriors, or if not, you get roflestomped by the CC… which is just bad gameplay…

Lol, don’t use quotes if you’re not going to use the words I actually wrote.

I didn’t say even close to what you’re saying.