It's just not fun at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

Q:

This might be a qq thread…idk. I know I’m terrible at pvp and to be good at anything, you have to practice. But god, all I do is constantly die over and over in spvp. Staff isn’t working out I guess, s/d…I don’t think I know how to use it right, I guess I could try d/d again…but everything that looks at me just kills me. Mesmers’ spinny clone chunks my health, warriors jump and smash my face through the ground, necros loldot me to death, thieves go poof poof then bam 9k to the face. Archers kill me but at least I might have a bit of a chance. Guardians have been stomping me as well. And engi’s well…they kill me too. I know it isn’t my teams fault why I’m terrible though.

Where should I start as an elementalist?

Side note: One guy in one of my matches asked why a rank 11 was in the match as most of the players were like 60 or 70 in pvp ranks. Does this happen often or was I just unlucky?

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

A:

Hi! Fellow Ele here.

It sounds like you may just be starting out with playing Ele. It can be really tough! Basically, you first need a really solid build.
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-k33;2B2-V0y4wM-Z0;9;69TT;42;029A17ASs0;3H7W3H7W36L

Try this out. Experiment with amulets and what works for you. I really like Soldiers as my HP is high and so is toughness and damage. A lot of people really like Celestials, though.

Some tips are to use Lightning Flash and Burning Speed together to get some good damage out. Basically, press Fire 3, and after you turn to the side, and are about to slide forward, zap to the desired location with Lightning Flash. If done properly, it will deal the impact damage, apply burning, and do damage from Lightning Flash.

Using combos to stack might are very vital!
Fire 4/3 + Water 3 or Earth 4/5 = area might.
Fire 4/3 + Earth dodge inside fire ring = area might.
Use your CC’s wisely like updraft, earthquake and shocking aura. These three are very vital as you can stop an enemy from bursting you for quite a while with dodging, and chaining these CC’s.

Count your enemy’s dodges. ONLY use your CC’s/high damage abilities after you see your opponent dodge at least once. Bait out their dodges.

Basically, Ele is THE HARDEST profession in this game. It’s all about dancing through your attunements, timing CC and CD’s properly, keeping good uptime on might/fury/protection and dropping some good healing when needed. Use Evasive Arcana properly.

in PvP

Aphrodesiac.2913

Thank you so much. I hate having to make a thread like this. I’ve played other games where I’ve gotten stomped but it was at least fun trying to fight back haha. For some reason in this game I’ve just been feeling helpless. I’ll definately try that build out and work on those combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

elementalist is one of the hardest profession (for me, it is, at least) so perhaps you might want to start off with some of the easier professions in sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

just use another facerolling build you can see off the net. lol. ele is not hard. pls stop lying.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

reroll a warrior you should be fine

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this

with the skill you have @ op (dieing to everyone as an ele^^) you can roll a warrior and be a pro

in PvP

Aphrodesiac.2913

this

with the skill you have @ op (dieing to everyone as an ele^^) you can roll a warrior and be a pro

Nope nope and nope. The first reply to this thread helped me and I’m starting to have more fun now. Warrior wasn’t the answer.

in PvP

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

The more you play your Ele, you will be able to start knocking off survival for more damage (which is better anyways since you’ll kill faster and puts more pressure on your opponites).

I run 2 0 2 6 4 Might Zerker amulet and do fine in most cases (everything has a counter).

Learn your possible rotations in certain situations and know when to actually dodge attacks (mostly Warr/Guard since they have mean bursts vs Ele if they play zerker) and you’ll be fine. Most Necros aren’t an issue either.

Tip: Protection is your friend as an Ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Lol dude, you have no patience what so ever.

and look at all those trolls.

i’ve started playing warrior when it was the worst class ever, and i just play the spec i like and have fun, i don’t care if i die a lot, i just play and practice to do better next time. eventually you will get better.

in PvP

Aphrodesiac.2913

Lol dude, you have no patience what so ever.

and look at all those trolls.

i’ve started playing warrior when it was the worst class ever, and i just play the spec i like and have fun, i don’t care if i die a lot, i just play and practice to do better next time. eventually you will get better.

Explain to me how I have no patience? I didn’t just lose 1 match then felt useless. I came from a game where I played THE weakest class with 3 fps and still had fun. I just hated the feeling of being useless throughout a multitude of matches even though kills aren’t everything in sPvP lol