Just had 3 Ele's on my team

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

1) This should NOT be happening
2) Why the hell are so many people playing a class that is 100% useless in TPvP?
3) This should NOT be happening

We lost 500-150. Every time Ele joined the fight I sighed because they are just free rally bait for the people I had managed to down. One or two of them literally died INSTANTLY died instantly to an enemy Thief. I mean INSTANTLY. I didn’t even know that was possible.

Ele players, please do everyone a favor and play a class that is actually made for TPvP. You are just rally bait.
ArenaNet please make a note when someone creates an Ele along the lines of “PvE class only” or something. It would be a big help to everyone.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Thank iziah cartrite

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

i think they are all testing their Diamond Skin trait.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Does it matter? With MMR all ele’s will just end up at the bottom with other ele and people who don’t know how to play or have only 1 hand

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Does it matter? With MMR all ele’s will just end up at the bottom with other ele and people who don’t know how to play or have only 1 hand

Confirmed. My MMR rises dramatically when I play any other class and step away from my ele.

in PvP

Wintel.4873

<snip>

Playing Ele has to be some kind of legalized griefing :P

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: Wranglerist.5489

Wranglerist.5489

I kinda agree with Bsgapollo’s harsh comment. I have a wife. a mother and one of my boss is a women. Thanks but no, I got enough people to tell me what to do.

Don’t blame the Eles, blame ANET. It’s not the Ele player’s fault that it’s the most fun class to play.

Take it or leave it.

ALL IS VAIN

Edit: On a second thought, keep whinning. Maybe they will eventually get buffed with all those negative Ele threads

#ELEtism

(edited by Wranglerist.5489)

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Go suck a big fat ****, I’m gonna play the class I enjoy playing whether you like it or not.

You’re ruining everyone elses enjoyment.

Playing Ele basically equates to griefing your team.

If they are always playing their ele their mmr will account for the ele penalty. Stop harassing people for playing the game. Why do bullies always think they are the persecuted ones?

in PvP

Posted by: Soeki.9643

Soeki.9643

I’ve been playing tPvP exclusively with ele for the last week with a bunker build, I can usually hold the point against 2 guys (unless they are 2 bunker busters, then im going down fast), and in this one week if I lost a match it was not my fault, but my teams for killing people midfield, not caring about objectives.

So if you got issues with elementalists, it’s the player beside them, not the profession that makes your team lose. Elementalists can be decent, they just have a high skill cap and many don’t hit it.

ALL IS VAIN

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

yeah because pvp in gw2 is serius businuss and your mmr is very important and people should not try to have fun in their classes. srs bsns

in PvP

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

Ele damage is too easy to avoid, with cooldowns that are too long, topped off with absolutely zero survivability.

But I’m not sure how ele’s could be buffed without making them absolute gods in PvE. It’s like the entire class was designed without one thought given to PvP.

(edited by zilcho.7624)

in PvP

Posted by: DrLane.5248

DrLane.5248

I’ve been playing tPvP exclusively with ele for the last week with a bunker build, I can usually hold the point against 2 guys (unless they are 2 bunker busters, then im going down fast), and in this one week if I lost a match it was not my fault, but my teams for killing people midfield, not caring about objectives.

So if you got issues with elementalists, it’s the player beside them, not the profession that makes your team lose. Elementalists can be decent, they just have a high skill cap and many don’t hit it.

ALL IS VAIN

SO you are saying we should all play a n00blet bunker build to be effective ? No really ,ty man…

Being able to hold 2 guy with a bunker build is far from being hard , and it doesnt make u a better player than a full dps ele who will be owned in 2 hits.
Bunker ele was like fotm in early 2013 , as all bunker builds , its easy to play , and very boring as well.When they took down the bunker build , all patch ele switched to smthing else , most of them switched to the next op/easy build.
And to be honnest , bunker enginer is way more effective for this kind of situation.

ALL IS VAIN

Tapss

[SmK]Tapss , pvp and <°)))))><

(edited by DrLane.5248)

in PvP

Posted by: Soeki.9643

Soeki.9643

SO you are saying we should all play a n00blet bunker build to be effective ? No really ,ty man…

Being able to hold 2 guy with a bunker build is far from being hard , and it doesnt make u a better player than a full dps ele who will be owned in 2 hits.
Bunker ele was like fotm in early 2013 , as all bunker builds , its easy to play , and very boring as well.When they took down the bunker build , all patch ele switched to smthing else , most of them switched to the next op/easy build.
And to be honnest , bunker enginer is way more effective for this kind of situation.

ALL IS VAIN

Tapss

I simply tried to show the OP that eles can be useful in tPvP, where did I say you need to play bunker if you are an elementalist? I simply shared my experience. You are reading way too much into my post. Bunker might be boring for you, it is not for me, I find it satisfying to hold my ground against multiple players. Being a decent bunker is not easy to play as an elementalist (and before you read too much into this again, I do not stated that I am decent). Hence why there are few ele bunkers lately (at least I’m still waiting to meet another one).

in PvP

Posted by: Iksargo.2640

Iksargo.2640

This post is weird because I am 12-1 with 3 eles on my team.

cmc

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Anet should just delete elementalist from the game

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Everyone should only be allowed to play condispam necro, condi warrior, condiphantasm turn off brain and win mesmer, press 1 to win ranger, or spam aoe on point engineer. All other classes may delete themselves from the game, thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

+1

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

1) This should NOT be happening
2) Why the hell are so many people playing a class that is 100% useless in TPvP?
3) This should NOT be happening

We lost 500-150. Every time Ele joined the fight I sighed because they are just free rally bait for the people I had managed to down. One or two of them literally died INSTANTLY died instantly to an enemy Thief. I mean INSTANTLY. I didn’t even know that was possible.

Ele players, please do everyone a favor and play a class that is actually made for TPvP. You are just rally bait.
ArenaNet please make a note when someone creates an Ele along the lines of “PvE class only” or something. It would be a big help to everyone.

People are entitled to play whatever class they want to. If you don’t like it, play team queue with 4 warriors. No one is stopping you. This post makes you look like an kitten .

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I’ve been team Qing with Lys and Cmc both on ele recently and we’ve won a ton of matches. We actually all made it to top 100 tPvP in our last set if dual ele runs. IMO your issue is with the quality of players on ele.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Sigh… and to think that roughly a year ago this post would have had an entirely different meaning.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

@At cmc and other good eles,

I’m a decent (= not top tier) ele player, but I’ve been having a very hard time lately. I feel that sustain damage has been my biggest weakness so far. I have a hard time killing plenty of tanky builds nowadays, even with fresh air, and warrior’s cc or necromancer’s condi-spam always seems to get me no matter how hard I (successfully) attempt to survive against them initially. My skill cooldowns will eventually make me lose, while I keep getting bombarded by condis/ ccs. Any tips for players like me? And what has changed since last patch for you that is worth taking notes of?

But I’m not sure how ele’s could be buffed without making them absolute gods in PvE. It’s like the entire class was designed without one thought given to PvP.

Elementalists are a decent choice in pve because of lightning Hammer’s auto-attack.

Lightning Hammer’s auto-attack.

Restricting base survivability (= dependence on strong, defensive water and arcana traits) and weak auto-attacks are the two biggest problems with this class, from my point-of-view, and I hope Anet makes steps toward improving that in next patch. Dependence on arcana’s lower attunement cooldown was a third problem, but I feel the 10th dec patch fixed it.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Go suck a big fat ****, I’m gonna play the class I enjoy playing whether you like it or not.

You’re ruining everyone elses enjoyment.

Playing Ele basically equates to griefing your team.

Basically this.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

I use a super secret double focus build on my ele. It uses 2 focus weapons if you’re slow and haven’t figuired it out yet (one main one offhand), has insane burst. One shot 30k hp warriors ez mode press 1 button and you get free ranks.

Everyone should only be allowed to play condispam necro, condi warrior, condiphantasm turn off brain and win mesmer, press 1 to win ranger, or spam aoe on point engineer. All other classes may delete themselves from the game, thanks.

that’s actually how I got rank 2 before the ladderboard reset. spam nades on engy, win games. (it’s funny how 3 people will go to stomp or revive 1 person )

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

(edited by sorrychief.2563)

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I’m not going to tell anyone what to do. But I’ll just relate the experience I just had as I too just had 3 ele’s on a team, first time I can ever recall that happening.

Not only did we lose.. we got demolished. And here’s a hint as to how bad it was. We were on Skyhammer, and for some reason nobody on either team went for the hammer, so I did. I must have gotten at least 10 shots off before anyone from the other team challenged me.. and in that time, the rest of my team didn’t capture a single point.

It’s pretty obvious what’s going on here, and I don’t blame the ele’s. They had low ranks and were clearly not regular PvPers, they came in because Arenanet is trying to entice people into PvP. But they didn’t know that ele’s are underpowered in PvP now, and they didn’t know what to do on the map.

The bottom line is the same as always: the basic mechanisms (matchmaking, tutorials, education, limits on who can join the queues) need fixing before drawing new people in (many of whom will just feel discouraged and leave.)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Careful, anyone who dares claim that eles are possibly nearly okay is subject to death threats in these forums.

It’s safer to just keep pushing for bigger and bigger buffs. Kind of like how we pushed for bigger and bigger buffs for warrior back when they were out of the meta!

in PvP

Wintel.4873

I’m not going to tell anyone what to do. But I’ll just relate the experience I just had as I too just had 3 ele’s on a team, first time I can ever recall that happening.

Not only did we lose.. we got demolished. And here’s a hint as to how bad it was. We were on Skyhammer, and for some reason nobody on either team went for the hammer, so I did. I must have gotten at least 10 shots off before anyone from the other team challenged me.. and in that time, the rest of my team didn’t capture a single point.

It’s pretty obvious what’s going on here, and I don’t blame the ele’s. They had low ranks and were clearly not regular PvPers, they came in because Arenanet is trying to entice people into PvP. But they didn’t know that ele’s are underpowered in PvP now, and they didn’t know what to do on the map.

The bottom line is the same as always: the basic mechanisms (matchmaking, tutorials, education, limits on who can join the queues) need fixing before drawing new people in (many of whom will just feel discouraged and leave.)

The bottom line is that if they were playing rangers, thieves, warriors, mesmers or guardians you would’ve stood a FAR higher chance of winning. You may actually have won.
All those classes have at least one braindead-easy build that even a newbie can operate somewhat effectively, especially thief/ranger who don’t need more than 2-3 buttons.

Ele’s are absolutely godawful for Skyhammer because they have 1 source of stability (90 sec cooldown) and 1 knockback (40 sec cooldown)….that’s it. The capture points are small, the map is small, it’s so easy to blow them up or knock them off. Even more kill fodder than usual.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

The bottom line is that if they were playing rangers, thieves, warriors, mesmers or guardians you would’ve stood a FAR higher chance of winning. You may actually have won.

I’m not disagreeing with that. I’m saying that the problem goes beyond just blaming one class.

The real core of the problem is that only experienced players know how hard it is to make a really good ele. Regular people don’t. You asked why so many people are playing ele in PvP and I’m telling you.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Ele’s are absolutely godawful for Skyhammer because they have 1 source of stability (90 sec cooldown) and 1 knockback (40 sec cooldown)….that’s it. The capture points are small, the map is small, it’s so easy to blow them up or knock them off. Even more kill fodder than usual.

kittening this, as if playing ele wouldn’t be difficult enough we’re even forced to play on this stupid map … I think I have like 90% loose-rate on this map (overall 60% wins in sPvP).

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Perhaps they are playing Ele on purpose to get there MMR down?

Then enjoy some serious PvP with any of the other 7 classes that are way better?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Classes don’t matter, it is the people that play them

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

the kitten’s the point of playing the game if you’re not having fun? ele is fun, i play ele in soloq and I doubt the majority of ele players could give a kitten of what you thought about them playing ele. oh, and lol @ you for caring so much about soloq ranks.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

What is this entire kittening thread holy kitten. Playing ele is griefing? Are you kittened?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Ele is not in top tier of course. . . but a match losing 150-500 is not a balance issue only.

Probably you got a bad team with a hard profession to play, or they were testing bad builds.

Sadly the system will give you this bad teams sometimes, and people complain here because the frustation.

But ask yourself, have you ever make a post when you get a dream team??

ALL IS VAIN

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

for the op

i jsut had 2 ele in my team and we won 4v5 in teamQ cause guardian was afk all match

when they can play than ele is fine

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

the kitten’s the point of playing the game if you’re not having fun? ele is fun, i play ele in soloq and I doubt the majority of ele players could give a kitten of what you thought about them playing ele. oh, and lol @ you for caring so much about soloq ranks.

How about having fun AND adding somethign to the party, contributing to the win? Is it too much to ask for this?! I think not.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.9682

Jae.9682

Its post like this that make me want to come back to TPVP on my ele…..

All is Vain.

Jae Sun, Jae of Arc, Jae Kal, Jae Khan, Jae Barka, Jae Hemingway
Original Member of Blackgate.
Member of HB.

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

1)

Before dec10th everyone thought this would be the most called sentences about thiefs….
but after the last tpvp game with a friend of mine who plays ele since beta with me as thief he were killed by a guard without doing any dmg on him O_O with this new Diamond Skin build…. I saw it …. so sad ….. he changed now on a necro ….

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in PvP

Posted by: Nomin.5901

Nomin.5901

Elementalist in the right hands can bring an AMAZING amount to a team, rather it be a d/d or s/d FGS roaming spec, getting to points in SECONDS or Changing a mid-fight on a full-zerks Staff build with great CCs, great damage, group heals and condi clear.

The real issue lies within how the game is designed and how really in-experienced most players are. Ele takes more effort than 80% of the meta classes. Going through 1-5 on engineers kits or giving 5 stacks of torment and 25 stacks of bleeding on condi war while having passive regen is NOT something that elementalist have and can create the illusion of real skill in players.

So I get your statement somewhat, elementalist is not for everyone and has no crutch that a bad player can lean on which can make them useless. BUT in the hands of a skilled player elementalist can bring a LOT to a team. (see first paragraph)

This is something Anet really needs to put into consideration with balancing this class. Either give them a crutch or remove the other classes’ crutches. (Healing signet, Signet of spite, bleeds on the SB 1 skill, Low cooldown AoE condition skills i.e. nades, And the list goes on and on.)

The issue is skill, not the class itself. (and don’t quote just that! :P)

Carmen

in PvP

Posted by: Wranglerist.5489

Wranglerist.5489

All those classes have at least one braindead-easy build that even a newbie can operate somewhat effectively, especially thief/ranger who don’t need more than 2-3 buttons.

Ever heard of Rock Solid?? Go play the game instead of posting, especially since you seem to know nothing about Ele’s.

#ELEtism

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

If they are always playing their ele their mmr will account for the ele penalty. Stop harassing people for playing the game. Why do bullies always think they are the persecuted ones?

+1

honestly, when video game turned in so much of a cut-throat.

also, get a team, or accept random queue rules. random are called so for a reason. as long as one is not trying to sabotage/afk deliberately, any choices are a game.

in PvP

DrLane.5248

I’ve been team Qing with Lys and Cmc both on ele recently and we’ve won a ton of matches. We actually all made it to top 100 tPvP in our last set if dual ele runs. IMO your issue is with the quality of players on ele.

Try to do same on EU when u are top 50/100 , you could face Cheese mode 4 times in a raw.
Just remind you that they used to run 2 xhambow soldier , s/D thief , spirit ranger ,bunk guard.

Then you could face Super with his 3 hambow team…

This happened pre 10 december patch with 2 ele in my team , and im far from being a n00b )

→ back to online poker

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

eles arent useless… bad eles are however

in PvP

DrLane.5248

eles arent useless… bad eles are however

Your statement just reveal how ignorant you are.
At top team Q lvl , eles get destroyed , no matter how good you play.(at least on eu)

I mean 99% of very good ele players left the game or just mooved to another class.

still a nice try .

(edited by DrLane.5248)