keep courtyard

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

It’s fun. Keep it in unranked at least. Gives a change of setting. It’s nice.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: karakurt.8690

karakurt.8690

It’s fun. Keep it in unranked at least. Gives a change of setting. It’s nice.

Courtyard rocks need bigger version of it

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Courtyard is fine IMO, something different

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Keep it please. Playing it as a team is fantastic.
Team fights are finally meaningful. Heck, even playing a healer guard is good here.

Love it. Finally something refreshing in PvP. Moar pls.

Stop the elitism / esport crap, it kills the game for the other 99% players.

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: karakurt.8690

karakurt.8690

Remove this, stop create troll post plz

Troll post? No way if you experienced courtyard ranked arena that means more people wanted and chose that map right? all of them troll?

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s fun and fine, but needs separated queue.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

Courtyard should be on another que for 3vs3 and 5vs5 on both ranked and unranked,that would be awesome and u will have both conquest and Dm players happy

Spirit watch and Skyhammer are nowhere near the level to be even in unranked tbh

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Demus.4571

Demus.4571

Yeah Anet seemed to be under the impression that the same team comps will work for conquest and deathmatch, since they simultaneously added the cancer that is courtyard and took away our ability to swap before the game starts. Just goes to show how pathetic their understanding of how things work is.

[ASAP] Zerg ~~~ Starkar

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

They should just add Team Deathmatch 5v5 and 3v3 as a seperate gamemode, and then make it a 100% clear that they will NOT balance the game around it in any way.
Otherwise Anet has to balance for two very different gamemodes, stealth and full-bunker teams would suddenly become good. So IF they choose to implement it, people need to know that it won’t be balanced at all, and should be fine with it.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Demus.4571

Demus.4571

If they want to add a deathmatch queue more power to them, I think it should be either 2v2 or 3v3, but don’t mix deathmatch and conquest. It doesn’t work.

[ASAP] Zerg ~~~ Starkar

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Courtyard is soooooo much funn! keep it!

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

This is nothing but a zerg festival. The team with more zerk guards wins. Additionally more pew pew rangers or terrormancers.
Once you killed 1 opponent you can go to the spawn point and farm him. So the team is forced to join there but they wont.

It might be nice if we can see 3on3 matches but 5on5 is like 8on8 on every other map.
Courtyard is far a away from what could be called as competitive gameplay.

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Not trolling.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Not trolling.

Prolly the most fun I have had on a team q in awhile.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: TGI FRIDAY.6275

TGI FRIDAY.6275

This is nothing but a zerg festival. The team with more zerk guards wins. Additionally more pew pew rangers or terrormancers.
Once you killed 1 opponent you can go to the spawn point and farm him. So the team is forced to join there but they wont.

It might be nice if we can see 3on3 matches but 5on5 is like 8on8 on every other map.
Courtyard is far a away from what could be called as competitive gameplay.

THIS^ Thanks for making a map specifically for those classes anet. Brilliant.

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: slausty.1238

slausty.1238

Courtyard is a blast, with a coordinated team it can be really rewarding. Must have played it 5 times after the patch in ranked. Yes plz, keep eeeeeet.

#Llamaherd

[SF] [zH] Ubnext

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

I quite like the addition of Courtyard in ranked matches, throws a bit of a curve ball on the game when it does get voted for.

Remember, if nobody wants to play the map, then nobody will vote for it

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaken.4215

Forsaken.4215

Keep it it’s sick. Only a total “noob” would say get rid of it. There is one post by teef teef teef saying get rid of it simply because he thinks he is some sort of thief god while i dropped him on my guard.

kenjutsu

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Keep it it’s sick. Only a total “noob” would say get rid of it. There is one post by teef teef teef saying get rid of it simply because he thinks he is some sort of thief god while i dropped him on my guard.

Wow. Are you telling me you killed a thief on a DPS guard? Teach me sensei.

Jokes apart, I like courtyard, but I feel like it’s too small for 5v5 matches. I’d like to see 3v3 matches on a separate queue though.

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Katze.8904

Katze.8904

i agree with “Keep courtyard” but it has to be changed.
It should be roundbased respawn. (when whole team whiped)
it should not be in the conquest map rotation (but have its own rotation)
it should be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5 playable

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

i agree with “Keep courtyard” but it has to be changed.
It should be roundbased respawn. (when whole team whiped)
it should not be in the conquest map rotation (but have its own rotation)
it should be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5 playable

Roundbased respawn is way worse than a ticket system because it rewards long term elites such as res spirit, banner and lich form.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Pandatrice.7183

Pandatrice.7183

keep it, it’s fun. the map is kinda small to me first time I played in it. looking forward to having bigger and open maps to do 10v10 or 15vs15

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

New tip for players on courtyard , it was added to custom arena so you could get use to it.

leaving the spawn zone without back up to ether break thorugh or enough to hold some ground till more back up arrives. that is death match. wait for back up if you see more than yourself dead on the team roster.

Rangers using LBs , Courtyard has lots of areas to hide , camping mid court is the best place for you to die to LB rangers , kite behind the stairs go under the bridge.

mesmers clones Funnel closer under this tunnel and around the sides (not the waterfall half but the stairs half) making it easier to burst targets down while avoiding 100% of arrows.

most Melee users will chase a target regardless of the Line of sight because if they don’t they also loose 100% of the damage , letting the target get away.

blocking Escape routes with Long lasting Aoes , to improve over all damage+control in Mid will allow your LB rangers to Barrage the point nearly killing or draining anything of dodges/ utility (if used incorrectly) hence why if i see a Engi turret build his always camping mid and then i know his not a good engi , most of them would use Turrets to control the sides and force people into the kill Box (middle court).

its time to play smart , no more Rambo’ing.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

This map receives a lot of votes, people like it or want to try it.

It’s a different map, spvp population is not used to do deathmatch so it’s a big new for this patch

But i agree a setup for conquest is not always ideal for this map, so people should have the chance to change their profession without penalty.

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

This map is great, people are complaining since it doesnt mold to there current build. Im finding the turrent enginners and d/d eles complainging most about it.

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

This map is great, people are complaining since it doesnt mold to there current build. Im finding the turrent enginners and d/d eles complainging most about it.

People are complaining because just about the only time they see this map is vs a premade on the other side who all voted for the map to make it 50% or more chance to pop.

Maybe it’d be less of an issue if they restricted map voting to one vote per party to reduce some of the disadvantage of queueing with fewer people.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

keep courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

There needs to be multiple exits for respawn it is way too easy to snowball and spawn camp