Leaderboard win ratios are more normal now

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I notice two things on the soloQ leaderboard 24 hours after the reset:

1) The win-loss ratios are all in the 55% to 45% range with almost none 70% or higher.

2) I find almost none of the old “Top 100” players on the board.

I am not sure that waiting for MMRs to “settle” is going to be all that helpful for them, if they are waiting for that. They will still be placed on teams with low players, because of the low PvP population.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

But the win-loss ratio wasn’t reset was it? It’s still the same as before. And I think it’s too soon to say that old players aren’t at the top, many haven’t even played yet probably or are waiting a couple of days till the hype drops.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This is BS. The reason the people at the top have lower win ‘s is because they aren’t actually the very best players in solo q. ATM the leaderboards are young and so there are bad players there who were lucky enough to get good teams over the 4-5 games they played. Sample size will gradually lower these people to their appropriate rating which can usually be seen by their win %. Having a win % of around 70 without syncing is more or less possible for the very best players running the very best builds. An elite warrior or spirit ranger could easily do this, as those classes are so versatile.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Player 995 had a 70% win ratio when I looked a little while ago.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Player 995 had a 70% win ratio when I looked a little while ago.

It will take a month or so to filter out alot of the worst players. And that is only if they actively play and dont afk/resest their rating every so often. The whole system is kind of broken. But trust me, the ones with the 70% wins were the elite players. Playing against them it is alot harder than someone who is more like 50 -60% win rate. If decay was permanent these people would trend towards the top gradually.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

I am really sure that in 6 weeks the old top 100 will NOT typically be in the top 100.

Maybe we will remember this discussion after New Years and see.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The win ratios are now somewhat unrelated to leaderboard rank, since the total number of wins and losses were carried over from the old system.

So it doesn’t really mean anything, except that some good players were maybe being kept down by the old system.

in PvP

Posted by: Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

This is BS. The reason the people at the top have lower win ‘s is because they aren’t actually the very best players in solo q. ATM the leaderboards are young and so there are bad players there who were lucky enough to get good teams over the 4-5 games they played. Sample size will gradually lower these people to their appropriate rating which can usually be seen by their win %. Having a win % of around 70 without syncing is more or less possible for the very best players running the very best builds. An elite warrior or spirit ranger could easily do this, as those classes are so versatile.

I am not sure about that. Considering how matchmaking works now 70 seems high if you are playing actively.
I think if matchmaking worked as it should everyone would be arround 50% wins but some would be playing in higher league and rest in lower league.

This if for soloQ in teamQ it is diffrent story.

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

i think it’s pretty easy to carry a majority of games with necro/warrior/spirit ranger personally, you’re just seeing the start of mmr taking fruition. I remember the start of when soloq was implimented, I went 6-5 in my placement games and ended up with 70%~ win ratio when I was actively playing

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

The problem is that went you reset the leaderboards, it is pretty much first come first serve on where you are placed in the ranking so terrible players got placed into top 100 easily by just playing immediately after reset (from my personal experience with people who I help how to pvp suddenly reach rank 50 in the first day of reset). I will probably just not spvp for a few weeks to let people naturally fall down to their ranking before playing again, but I don’t expect to reach top 100 again so easily since winning at this point is just 50/50 on random wins and losses.

Naturally starting to play later in the day, my personal experience with ranks displayed as numbers:
1st match: 1, 6, 9, 22, (52:me) vs varying from 30-40s: loss
2nd match: 5, 12, 19, 32 vs all 40s: loss
3rd match: 10, 20something, 2 30s vs 1, 6, 19, 45, 10: win (this 1 I felt bad for after winning a 2v1 and realized they were only a rank 1 and 6, how the hell is the matchmaking working?)
Since then they have been 50/50 based on who gets the low rank that wants to camp a point, bleh.

in PvP

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

11 is a very small sample you need to take a sample 1000 games or something in that area. Bigger the sample more accurate the calculation.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

i think it’s pretty easy to carry a majority of games with necro/warrior/spirit ranger

I don’t think it’s “pretty easy”. I think it’s nearly impossible.

I have tried. But when your team is kittening around streaming 1 by 1 into the enemy zerg, you cannot be at all three points at once. And wherever you are not, you lose the capture point.

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

i think it’s pretty easy to carry a majority of games with necro/warrior/spirit ranger

I have tried. But when your team is kittening around streaming 1 by 1 into the enemy zerg, you cannot be at all three points at once. And wherever you are not, you lose the capture point.

don’t overwhelm yourself with trying to carry each and every individual game, play your best in each game and cater to what your team needs. realize what you do wrong in the games you play and improve upon those aspects of your gameplay.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

don’t overwhelm yourself with trying to carry each and every individual game, play your best in each game and cater to what your team needs. realize what you do wrong in the games you play and improve upon those aspects of your gameplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

says the spirit ranger who wanted to be first so hard that he made new N-A account,ur true skill will show now in time “passive master”

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

says the spirit ranger who wanted to be first so hard that he made new N-A account,ur true skill will show now in time “passive master”

Heh, I don’t play much anymore and when I do I usually play ele since it’s pretty fun. So unfortunately my ‘true skill’ won’t show, or since i have no skill it will! I’m merely giving advice to somebody, getting to high places on the leaderboards isn’t hard if you’re abusing op classes, lol.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

With the sample size you will not gain a 70% win rate. Why do I say this? because you are not controlling your entire team. The top people will constantly be playing against a mixture of players comprising of the top as well. unless one player is genuinely so good he carries the rest of his team everyone will end up breaking around a 50% win percentage (if the system is working properly to make even teams).

Team queue is an entirely different animal however where you control your full team, playing in that position leaves no team shuffle and higher win ’s than 50 are going to be normal at the higher end.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

I notice two things on the soloQ leaderboard 24 hours after the reset:

1) The win-loss ratios are all in the 55% to 45% range with almost none 70% or higher.

2) I find almost none of the old “Top 100” players on the board.

I am not sure that waiting for MMRs to “settle” is going to be all that helpful for them, if they are waiting for that. They will still be placed on teams with low players, because of the low PvP population.

I have been saying this for months, nobody ever respected rank on these boards due to a BROKEN system. Then the same players had the audacity to ask for rewards? LOL.

I bet half of the top 100% are actually garbage, 25% are good, and 25% are actually very good.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

What you fail to realise is that when player A with 70% and player B 70% inevitably compete they will drop each others ratio until it approaches 50% the more games they play with each other.
Ratios like 70% and higher simply meant that the “top” players of old leaderboard DID NOT compete with each other

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

What you fail to realise is that when player A with 70% and player B 70% inevitably compete they will drop each others ratio until it approaches 50% the more games they play with each other.
Ratios like 70% and higher simply meant that the “top” players of old leaderboard DID NOT compete with each other

This is too simplistic.

I just find it funny how people who perform with high win s get called noobs on the forums. We are all so bad and obviously random forum user #1 only doesnt have a 70 win % and is not rated in the top 10 because of the system. It is hilarious. I have been solo queuing since way before solo q came out – against proper team before solo q was around, You learn how to carry and how to fight. I suck at team q because I dont understand compositions or team work as well and teamspeak distracts me, but in solo q you can carry pretty hard if you get good enough.

in PvP

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

This is too simplistic.

I just find it funny how people who perform with high win s get called noobs on the forums. We are all so bad and obviously random forum user #1 only doesnt have a 70 win % and is not rated in the top 10 because of the system. It is hilarious. I have been solo queuing since way before solo q came out – against proper team before solo q was around, You learn how to carry and how to fight. I suck at team q because I dont understand compositions or team work as well and teamspeak distracts me, but in solo q you can carry pretty hard if you get good enough.

This is not about how good you are at this game but a mathematical thing. Higher MMR you have lower MMR your teammates will have.

And that whole carrying thing everyone is boasting about is a joke. GW2 does not have a class that is so OP that it can do miracles on its own. If you have 4 team members who will lose every duel you will lose.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I smell someone that is not winning as much since November 12th. The old win percentages for top players were inflated don’t you understand that lol. The people at the top now with lower win percentages a lot of them are good players that suffered because of the deficientcies of the old system while, guess what, you were one of the people that profited from the free wins of the old system. I am not saying you aren’t a very good player I am sure you are I am just saying you are being delusional. The old system was bad it lead to leaderboards that were 100% worthless and if you have some kind of self image based on succeeding under that broken system you will be in for a world of pain under the new one because you will be losing more whether you think you are god’s gift to pvp or not.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

The win ratios are now somewhat unrelated to leaderboard rank, since the total number of wins and losses were carried over from the old system.

So it doesn’t really mean anything, except that some good players were maybe being kept down by the old system.

Some very good players were kept down by the old system. Here is what happened with the old system. Everybody that played a lot at the beginning of the old solo queue rating and had success basically got grandfathered into the top 1000 forever because of all the free wins floating around due to the absurd matchmaking which generally would match them with other highly ranked people sometimes against groups of people not anywhere near them on the leaderboard. People that came late to the party or had some bad luck at the start had huge hurdles to over-come. Look I am not here to see the old top 1000 weren’t very good a lot of them were but the old system was trash and everything about the old leaderboards were 100% suspect because of it. In a month we will know who the best are really not the sham it was before and it was a sham even if some of the highly ranked people were very good it still was a very broken system.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Fast Asleep.8475

Fast Asleep.8475

Don’t think it will be too difficult to get a higher win ratio if you are good enough as the spvp player base seems to be too small. I already saw players with a rank around 100 and 500 in the same match while checking the leader.

Gunnars Hold [Chvc]

in PvP

Posted by: OhMyTaeyeon.5831

OhMyTaeyeon.5831

I think most win/ratio’s at the moment are screwed by the amount of 4v5 and skyhammer…Good players could easily get over 60% win ratio if it weren’t for those two things. Until there’s no more 4v5 and skyhammer, leaderboards ranks won’t mean a thing

NaƱa (Mesmer)

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

I think most win/ratio’s at the moment are screwed by the amount of 4v5 and skyhammer…Good players could easily get over 60% win ratio if it weren’t for those two things. Until there’s no more 4v5 and skyhammer, leaderboards ranks won’t mean a thing

Yes but shouldnt these things happen equally to pro 1 and pro 2? With enough games played these things should even out somewhat between players. If the matchmaking really was badly coded before than why would we put the brand new improvements with the already ruined hidden MMR? People need to give it more time, there’s probably a lot of guys out there that havent even played yet for whatever reason, for all you know its a good player that won his first few games but then gets owned because hes rusty or has an out of style build and cant compete at your rating.
With a low playerbase you could get 1-2 of these guys in your match for now at least.

P.S if you yourself are not noob, then the chance of getting the most noobs/leavers is always higher for the enemy team.

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Not being able to sync queue and beat up randoms with your buddies on voice comms is naturally going to bring your winning % down.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Not being able to sync queue and beat up randoms with your buddies on voice comms is naturally going to bring your winning % down.

I got some bad news for you…..

Attachments:

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

RoRo,

This only shows time played (and possible Skyhammer cheating). No MMR is shown.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

This is too simplistic.

Wow..i guess no point trying here.You just took it like i was questioning your skill.
Although.. werent you 1 of the many inactive players sitting at top spot in soloq while getting your crazy ratios when necros were gods?Yeah no point at all
Anyway it doesnt matter WHO you are..What matters is that you are wrong.
But pls keep living in your little delusional world.You are all that is left here now

edit:To be more specific and a bit more constructive so you understand
Assuming there are other people at your pro level the system should make you fight against them.Now if your win ration wouldnt be 50% then those people arent really at your level and you would climb higher..so you find people..at your level and so your w/l ratio start approaching 50% again.
If the population is too small and if the system is as flawed as it was then you never face people on your level (they ended up in same team according to the devs! )and you get inflated ratios. In fact there were people even in the old leaderboards that were 80% and were lower than people at 60%
As a matter of fact w/l doesnt mean much..

(edited by Avead.5760)

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

RoRo,

Might want to read what was quoted. He stated that sync queuing isnt an issue anymore….

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

RoRo,

Might want to read what was quoted. He stated that sync queuing isnt an issue anymore….

Well, just because two people who probably have similar MMR can sometimes end up on the same team together doesn’t really mean they are syncing. They could also both like the name Lily and be Guardians. /shrug

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

You can still sync to some extent because of the tiny population, but with the updated match making, you’re as likely to be fighting your buddy as not.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Caffynated is correct. The matchmaker sorts by MMR and then deals the 10 players to the two teams in a specific pattern designed to keep the 2 teams as equal in strength as possible.

in PvP

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

I do not think that if they were syncing they would be both playing guardian.