Leaderboards... for real this time

in PvP

Posted by: Kil M.3680

Kil M.3680

There’s about as much relevance in showing the WvW Rank as there is in showing a PvP Rank, or kill/death ratio. They don’t measure anything on any gradient of a formula that can actually judge player worth.

Its very hard to measure much of anything of worth in WvW since its not a truly structured format.

Maybe. For PvP players. I don’t like GW2 PvP not after thousands played hours PvP in GW.

WvW leaderboard form me is do the easiest possible way. WvW playes right now cannot see and fight with other in “digits fight” ( like in PvP and PvE (when/if AN increase maximum slots in leaderboard ) Its POOR. Special when community do it better and faster.

(edited by Kil M.3680)

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

The leaderboards are out>?

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

I think it would be cool if they added some other statistics like “total ranked games played across all players” and “total players playing more than 10 ranked games”

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

The leaderboards are out>?

Yeah → https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Sativo.9754

Sativo.9754

dat eu to na win%! lols I’m sure NA’s will stabalize a bit once this brings a few of the competitive players back

Maybe they don’t all leave when they know they’re gona lose.

in PvP

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

they need to change the minimum number of games to be placed. its utterly sickening to see people with 7 matches played and in the top 100. It’s nothing but demoralizing and a kick in the kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

This is so retro I believe I am reliving the mega drive saga.

Would fit the super adventure box ;p

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

daydream.2938

THANKS! for bringing leaderboards out. But , some ppl are listed on the Lb with like 11 games played, that’s got to be too small to be representative. should be a minimum threshold of like 30 or even 50 games played.

And I notice a lot of oceanic ppl on it. Not that there aren’t terrific oceanic players, but as if running premades doesn’t give you advantage enough, doing it at what amounts to noon in America means you face nearly all pugs.

(edited by daydream.2938)

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Yes, please make it possible to search for anyone by account or character name and see their position. Or at the very least see your own rank! Not that I care, but I want to know.

In Guild Wars 1 you could search for any guild by name or tag and see their rank and rating. They even had a simple API that let people write scripts that pulled that information from their database from any website or application, so I could find out any guild’s rank by typing a command into an IRC client!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I was under the impression that spvp/tpvp was global, and you could be teamed up against any other party from any server, whether EU or NA, just like it was back in GW1. Today, however, I noticed that the leaderboards are separate for each datacentre, and that made me question whether we’re all actually playing the same game after all!

Is pvp truly global? And, if yes, why are the leaderboards segregated?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

daydream.2938

Na/ Eu players don’t play each other in spvp. unless you reroll to that other region.

in PvP

Posted by: Apollo.7389

Apollo.7389

So i very disappointed when I saw the leader board and found myself at rank 75. I play with a team and my team mates are in the top 25. It would have been nice for you to actually have a TEAM rating. Solo Que is even worse to do now since it lowers your overall rating.

The game is actually punishing me to play the game more. Moral of the story is only play with a team and make sure the team wins. Never Que by yourself, with a friend or with 3 friends. You need to que with a premade fives team and win every game to go up.

People are just going to play less…what a shame.

TLDR – Separate the 5-man Pre-made Team ratings from all other rating.

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

they need to change the minimum number of games to be placed. its utterly sickening to see people with 7 matches played and in the top 100. It’s nothing but demoralizing and a kick in the kitten.

This is a big misconception. On March 26th they reset everyone’s win/loss but not the rating itself. This means players that got their rating before March 26th and then didn’t play that much afterward will not have all of their wins/losses shown.

Leaderboards
We’re pleased to announce that Guild Wars 2 leaderboards begin recording data on March 26th.
Initially, the leaderboards will feature WvW rankings, PvP player rankings, and total achievement points—something for all player types in GW2.
As of March 26th, your existing scores will silently be posted to the leaderboards while we watch for the top leaders to stabilize. These scores will take into account some of your past accomplishments/rating.
Once stable, we will display the leaderboards for players. We currently don’t have an exact date for leaderboard public release.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates March 26th, 2013

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Infectious.4836

Infectious.4836

As I posted before, this will mean nothing until they sort out solo/group que.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

My question is when they decided to reset the leaderboards.
As you can see here https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/pvp Gasmask has won 98 games. And as you can see here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Leaderboards-for-Qualifying-Points/ Gasmask has 642 QP. Which durning that time, the only way to earn QP was through 2 team tournaments, which is what this rating is on. Gasmask has won 642 times, not 98. Those QP were last updated 2/27/13.

Also if you don’t play on Anvil rock, its going to be a long time before you get on that leaderboard because its 60% anvil rock. So I recommend guesting on anvil rock and pvping if you want to make it on that leaderboard.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

This is a big misconception. On March 26th they reset everyone’s win/loss but not the rating itself. This means players that got their rating before March 26th and then didn’t play that much afterward will not have all of their wins/losses shown.

Leaderboards
We’re pleased to announce that Guild Wars 2 leaderboards begin recording data on March 26th.
Initially, the leaderboards will feature WvW rankings, PvP player rankings, and total achievement points—something for all player types in GW2.
As of March 26th, your existing scores will silently be posted to the leaderboards while we watch for the top leaders to stabilize. These scores will take into account some of your past accomplishments/rating.
Once stable, we will display the leaderboards for players. We currently don’t have an exact date for leaderboard public release.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates March 26th, 2013

Thats all fine and well, and i do appreciate clearing up the misconception. However, its very sloppy. If they reset the win/loss they should have reset it all. Or they should have kept all the stats. It looks terrible to see someone with 10 wins on the leader boards, even if they do actually have 1000.

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

My question is when they decided to reset the leaderboards.
As you can see here https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/pvp Gasmask has won 98 games. And as you can see here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Leaderboards-for-Qualifying-Points/ Gasmask has 642 QP. Which durning that time, the only way to earn QP was through 2 team tournaments, which is what this rating is on. Gasmask has won 642 times, not 98. Those QP were last updated 2/27/13.

Also if you don’t play on Anvil rock, its going to be a long time before you get on that leaderboard because its 60% anvil rock. So I recommend guesting on anvil rock and pvping if you want to make it on that leaderboard.

The QP board is irrelevant because these wins/losses have only been tracked since March 26th.

Also, it doesn’t matter what server you play on. It’s just a long time ago a lot of the top spvpers migrated to Anvil Rock so they could all be on the same server. It’s not like you have to be there, but it is one of the more populated spvp servers for finding groups.

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Well now that Leaderboards are released I only have one question. Will we be able to access them in game? Eh, what heck two questions. And how far away is visibility for our rating?

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

daydream.2938

right the win/loss track doesn’t match the rating track. which is aggravating.

As a result of this, the minimum game threshold should be notably higher. As people with 7 wins 6 losses being on the leaderboard makes it look very non representative.

A new person today with 7 wins 6 losses would not be on the leaderboards, pretty much no matter who they beat with those 7 wins.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

So if you actually care about rank, solo queuing is a horrible idea and since I have no friends, am I screwed? Is that what is hot on the street, Arenanet? added: ( I don’t care that much NOW, but I kinda feel paranoid going into a match, since my last 3 queues have been horrible).

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Make our MMR or ELO rating or whatever you use VISIBLE for players….and make the leaderboards and MMR / ELO VISIBLE ….IN GAME! Please…you making these frustratingly tiny baby steps and continue to refuse help from players….I BELIEVE IN YOU ANET! CMON!

( this is part in parcel why you should allow mods/addons and have a public beta server, because 1 you directly see what people want 2 see how they did it and 3 get their true feedback from public beta servers when testing etc not forum qq. also allows for drastic class changes that can be tested in beta and changed again where needed. )

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

just to give a feedback when ladder was visible i was somewhere around around 30 then i started doing some soloqueue and lost like 3 – 4 games and now i am not top 100 XD. it is very very soloqueue unfriendly…

in PvP

daydream.2938

just to give a feedback when ladder was visible i was somewhere around around 30 then i started doing some soloqueue and lost like 3 – 4 games and now i am not top 100 XD. it is very very soloqueue unfriendly…

Right, I find that because I occasionally premade, but mostly solo Q , after running in premades when I go back to solo Quing I end up fighting really good teams, often premades, despite pugging.

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

It’s not the number of wins that matter but the quality of those.

sorry but if 7 wins against top level teams puts you top 50 then their rating system is horrid. Take WoW for example, you start at 1500 rating. Even if you played the #1 team and beat them over and over it would take you 50+ games to get top 50.

seriously. 7 Wins, 4 Losses.

I’m not sure you should use Wow rating system as an example as you clearly don’t know how it works.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1820952130

so it changed slightly and starts at 0 now vs 1500 before. did you even read that? it would still take 100s of games to get top 50. going 7-4 vs top team would out you at 700 rating in that system lol with top teams around 2800

It wouldn’t take 100 games to be top 50…

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/tichondrius/3v3/travel%20form%20paw/
rank 4 40win-4 loss.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/tichondrius/3v3/full%20feared%20cdew%20LOL%20JK/
Only 30 matches played… rank 15

Now, if you are unable to make a a cohesive and accurate conclusion with this. Then… I fear for the humanity.

the odd are very highly against this person only queing vs.. let’s say top 20 people for those 11 games

also highly unlikely he would actually win unless it’s a new account

~edit – even if that is the case, the system sucks if you can progress that quickly – yeah there should be variance but not that high. even if the population is painfully low

Good. And I completly agree with you. I only responded to him to tell him that he shouldn’t use wow system as an example to follow when it clearly has some flaws. See first post.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

So if you actually care about rank, solo queuing is a horrible idea and since I have no friends, am I screwed? Is that what is hot on the street, Arenanet? added: ( I don’t care that much NOW, but I kinda feel paranoid going into a match, since my last 3 queues have been horrible).

This is an mmo, so yeah. If you don’t have friends you are screwed

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

HELP. Why im have 150 wins 20 luze in TPVP and im not in top100… coze im 35 rank?

in PvP

daydream.2938

HELP. Why im have 150 wins 20 luze in TPVP and im not in top100… coze im 35 rank?

The leaderboards don’t provide enough information. Ppl have like 7 wins 6 losses on it but really your seeing th etip of the iceberg, they might actually have 1400 wins, 900 losses or something like that.

The w/l correlation with rating is extremely weak bc they reset w/l and didn’t reset rating.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysio.5074

Mysio.5074

800 tourney played 458 wins im not in ladder 57,54 win ratio:)

50 Frekitten602 Too Nice 7wins 6 looses 53.85% its joke ?

(edited by Mysio.5074)

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

it all depends who you are winning / losing against.

if you don’t win your matches against teams with a higher MMR than you, you will not make the same progress as a player who does, even if you farmed low rank pugs for 100 matches.

my guess would be that all 13 games this fellow played were against players with a higher MMR than himself. so his losses weren’t as big ( losing to a higher rank will result in a smaller adjustment ) & his wins were very beneficial.

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

I think they really need to show rank points to give these leaderboards some sense, cause atm hey are just generating lot of QQ…. and we should also be able to see our personal rating in game.
These fixes are a must.

in PvP

daydream.2938

Most ppl are happy leader boards are out, they just look at people who have 7 wins 6 losses and go, how is that on the leaderboards.

in PvP

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

Leaderboards are strange to say the least. I was watching them yesterday and one of my friends was rank 28. Maybe 5 minutes later he was not even in top 100. So that means:

a) Difference between 28 and 100 is like almost nothing
b) Losing to lower elos if you for example play solo q will murder your rank

I’m afraid this option b is closer to truth. If you are not playing with your premade team and wanna solo q, then there is chance you will end up in some mix with lower elo players. If you lose, you might lose too many points. That’s why you see people with less games in ranks, simply because not playing = not losing rank.

Suggestion: – lower losing elo by a lot, and increase gain by winning. But not too much so that people who mass games gain advantage. But also u cant have players who never play game have advantage too. Need to balance this better.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

if someone thinks that should be high in leader just win with Curse ,IDL,or Paradigm with ur team few times …
some guys that are accidently on the top 100 ,will dissapear soon from it …..
if someone win many tournaments ,and didnt loose ,and is not on leaderbord,and is kitten - against who you won those tourneys?think about it …..

i don’t know if that ladder system works properly,but Curse ,Paradigm are good teams
and they are in top 20…..i don,t know IDL team much ,don’t know if they deserve first places or not….

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

but really your seeing th etip of the iceberg

Oh my God, the blog was true!

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Semi broke. Leaderboards are better then no leaderboards. Give the. More time to stabilize and expand and they should look healthier. The mix of solo and team is an issue though IMO and needs to be split.

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Semi broke. Leaderboards are better then no leaderboards. Give the. More time to stabilize and expand and they should look healthier. The mix of solo and team is an issue though IMO and needs to be split.

Will at least take 2 months and will be promoted as a “new” big feature of the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I think it would be cool if they added some other statistics like “total ranked games played across all players” and “total players playing more than 10 ranked games”

But first they have to explain how and when games are rated as “ranked” or not…but before this they have to explain how those ratings really work (When soloq, when going premade, when facing high ranked ppl in pug while you’re running premade and so on…)

Moral? All is going to be a mess for a looong loong time..

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Will at least take 2 months and will be promoted as a “new” big feature of the patch.

I would love for this feature to pop up this month’s patch. I might be hopefully optimistic, but now that feedback and fan request for solo queues has intensified with the introduction of the leaderboards (and it was already highly demanded before them), I would love for the devs to implement it as fast as possible. Afterall, with their current system, all you need is to make two different tournament queues, one with the solo queue option disabled (or optional), the other that can only be entered with the solo queue button.

Even if that wasn’t the perfect solution, it would probably be the quickest fix to satisfy pvp players short-term, and then they could dedicate their time to work on a more sturdy solo/ duo ranked queue in the future.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Just put two dam

-Join for Ranked Match

-Join for Unranked Match

buttons…so good premades who want to run for leaderboards will face other good premades and 4fun teams and soloq can still go without ruining their ladder just because they can go premade only for a few runs a day…preventing bad ppl from farming pugs all day long gaining points for boards..

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

Leaderboards are strange to say the least. I was watching them yesterday and one of my friends was rank 28. Maybe 5 minutes later he was not even in top 100. So that means:

a) Difference between 28 and 100 is like almost nothing
b) Losing to lower elos if you for example play solo q will murder your rank

I’m afraid this option b is closer to truth. If you are not playing with your premade team and wanna solo q, then there is chance you will end up in some mix with lower elo players. If you lose, you might lose too many points. That’s why you see people with less games in ranks, simply because not playing = not losing rank.

Suggestion: – lower losing elo by a lot, and increase gain by winning. But not too much so that people who mass games gain advantage. But also u cant have players who never play game have advantage too. Need to balance this better.

Ok this was my mistake actually, my friend was 28 on wins ranking and not actual rankings. So scratch everything I said. Maybe rankings are good.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Miamoto.2814

Miamoto.2814

FACT is that rating system works.

• SOLO que leadderboards (Account based, solo players possible only)
    - problem with same time queing
  • GUILD que leadderboards (Guild name based, players with same guild TAG)
    - show accounts that participate
  • WAR que leadderboards (2-5 Friends, account based, similar to actual leaderboards without solo players)
    - not TAGed players will steamroll mixed setups, so GUILD ques have to be prestigious therefore players are motivated with prizes for guild only.
    - Such motivation is simple – let them feel special/out of the crowd

Next step is Division!
- the best team on the planet is just one to feel special
- the best team of the last possible leagues also feel special and what is more important that they have goal to reach.

It is not perfect, but it is what folks want!
Miamoto

+1

(edited by Miamoto.2814)

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

ranking in leaderboards should be shown in the final score of tpvp rather than glory rank

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

they need team ratings and separate out solo, otherwise the boards are a joke. say some guy plays on a team and is undefeated vs all the top teams, then during the day he solo queues, he will never be top 100 ever even though he plays on the best team.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

A lot of people reacting to these leaderboards should look up Elo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELO_rating.

You would assume they use a fairly sophisticated ELO system. I do not.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

• WAR que leadderboards (2-5 Friends, account based, similar to actual leaderboards without solo players)
    - not TAGed players will steamroll mixed setups, so GUILD ques have to be prestigious therefore players are motivated with prizes for guild only.

Next step is Division!
- the best team of the last possible leagues also feel special and what is more important that they have goal to reach.

Miamoto

+1

I don’t think the word fact means what you think it means….. For me personally to take something as a fact it has to be 100% provable to me by available information. A-net should explain there rating/mmr system in detail to the player base and how you are rated in a particular match via scenarios. Like how you would score solo queue versus a premade and vice versa. I reserve blind faith for religion and my favorite sports teams thats about it.

in PvP

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Next step is Division!

Miamoto

+1

I don’t think the word fact means what you think it means….. For me personally to take something as a fact it has to be 100% provable to me by available information. A-net should explain there rating/mmr system in detail to the player base and how you are rated in a particular match via scenarios. Like how you would score solo queue versus a premade and vice versa. I reserve blind faith for religion and my favorite sports teams thats about it.

Any rating is difficult to measure. The only way Anet will good leaderboard is to hire a skilled statistician that is used to predicted player’s ability

Think of the complexity of measuring a baseball player’s ability. Leader boards based on ability are not easy to implement

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

Lol gasmask has ascended into the rank 0 spot, where only legends reside like that of beta champion 1-5.

It would be nice if their was a search function implemented at some time to find yourself on the list instead of scrolling through the pages. Maybe that sign in option is it and is waiting to be worked on?

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

in PvP

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

They show up to 1,000 players now as of this morning, we’ll continue to expand and add search features and additional player listings over the next week or two as each set becomes stable.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^Theres a bug right now. Clicking next makes the ladder switch from Europe to NA. It happens if you change pages fast.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Elendar.5204

Elendar.5204

Will we ever be able to see our current ranking ingame? (Say on pvp screen)