Leaving all the loyal players in the dust.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Hey guys, I’ve been a player since launch, mostly for the PvP as I believe the PvE to be way more boring than it should be. The PvP state has always had lots of issues, It had things right and other things terribly wrong.

But despite everything wrong, its a game that has incredible potential because of it’s gameplay. Me and lots of friends patiently waited for the patches while handling the frustration of the issues. Hoping that one day I’t would eventually become the great PvP game we all wanted.

We are still waiting and are still insane enough to keep waiting like beaten dogs who are still loyal.

-Gold in PvP :
‘’Oh you’ve been playing PvP for thousands of hours, let us not give you anything of the new rewards while new players who play thousands of hours will be rich kittens…Enjoy’’

-Increase of Rank points gained in TPvP :
‘’Oh, you’ve played thousands of TPvP matches, let us not grant you your well deserved rank points, and let new players get 2x your rank with the same amount of matches, while the hotjoin heros and skyham farmers still get to keep their higher-than-yours rank’’.

-Increase of Rank points gained accross the board :
‘’Let us increase the rank points earned instead of reducing rank points required, just so our loyal veterans never get compensation for suffering through our game all this time’’.

TL;DR : New players are being favoured when older and loyal players gets left in the dust, us older players never get compensation. Please, discuss,

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

(edited by Phantom Master.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Please, discuss

There is nothing to discuss

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So they should basically never ever change anything whatsoever after the release of the game?

Older players still have all those things from the “good old day” and unless they stop playing they will always be ahead of new players.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

1776 games of PvP played.

248 TeamQ wins = 605900 rank points.
270 TeamQ losses = 47250 rank points.
484 SoloQ wins = 338800 rank points.
407 SoloQ losses = 60750 rank points.
259 HotJoin wins = 51800 rank points.
108 HotJoin losses = 13500 rank points.

Alltogether 1,117,200 rank points ~ r54 wow I’m rank 54 Jesus christ. Oh nvm I’m rank 44 (541k rank points) cuz I played PvP when the game was released and needed a lot of players and support. And according to my Ransacker title I’ve only gained 202,000 rank points cuz bonus win chests don’t apply there.

TL:DR Instead of playing PvP I could’ve done Skyhammer farming for 5 hours instead.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

(edited by joonasp.9217)

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

“Leaving all the loyal players in the dust.”
actually in 2 days time even the Dust will be deleted :P

in PvP

Posted by: soar.7128

soar.7128

Please, discuss

Discussing is showing that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

We don’t know yet how the rank / rank point change is going to affect long-time players, once the feature build rolls in. Perhaps we will all get a rank increase according to the new rules.

We just don’t know yet, one way or the other.

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

. Perhaps we will all get a rank increase according to the new rules.

ArenaNet have already stated this is not going to happen…even though they did do this in GW1.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

What else, let’s just swallow and move on once again, i guess.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Just be happy they didn’t delete ranks like they had originally planned. Then the older players would have really been upset.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

You forgot to mention, that they make your still existing glory boosters worthless.

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Just be happy they didn’t delete ranks like they had originally planned. Then the older players would have really been upset.

I would’ve prefered that, an absolute fresh start. Now imagine if they would’ve combined this with obliterating the craphammer .. Patch of the year!

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

So they should basically never ever change anything whatsoever after the release of the game?

Older players still have all those things from the “good old day” and unless they stop playing they will always be ahead of new players.

Are you serious bro? What the hell do we have from the ‘’good old days’’ you speak of? We were never given anything! Some lucky players used to have a team when paid tourneys existed and those TOP 50, lucky players got a title. I don’t think we were only 50 to do PvP at the start of the game.

I won’t play this game as often as I used to play it, I don’t feel like giving alot more of my life to this game. I played around 4.1k games (not all TPvP tho), and I’m still only rank 51 when I should be close to 60.

I have a life, a girlfriend and I have to study. I don’t feel like playing as much, please just don’t be a greedy prick. If you deserve to be rank 60 from 4k+ games, I do to.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Are you serious bro? What the hell do we have from the ‘’good old days’’ you speak of? We were never given anything! Some lucky players used to have a team when paid tourneys existed and those TOP 50, lucky players got a title. I don’t think we were only 50 to do PvP at the start of the game.

I won’t play this game as often as I used to play it, I don’t feel like giving alot more of my life to this game. I played around 4.1k games (not all TPvP tho), and I’m still only rank 51 when I should be close to 60.

I have a life, a girlfriend and I have to study. I don’t feel like playing as much, please just don’t be a greedy prick. If you deserve to be rank 60 from 4k+ games, I do to.

It is called progress. just like how price cut screw over loyal gamers that bought the product early, sometimes to improve you most discard the old. If your skins or ranks were being taken from you maybe you might have a point. But at this stage there is very few people PvPing that worrying about screwing them over is less important than having more players.

Also being loyal means what exactly? There is absolutely zero reason to be proud about being loyal to a company. A lot of “loyal” players have been asking for better rewards and improvements, the way i see it they took one side of the loyal fan’s opinion over another.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

It is called progress. just like how price cut screw over loyal gamers that bought the product early, sometimes to improve you most discard the old. If your skins or ranks were being taken from you maybe you might have a point. But at this stage there is very few people PvPing that worrying about screwing them over is less important than having more players.

Also being loyal means what exactly? There is absolutely zero reason to be proud about being loyal to a company. A lot of “loyal” players have been asking for better rewards and improvements, the way I see it they took one side of the loyal fan’s opinion over another.

I understand favouring new players because of the low amount of players though, but rank points weren’t really suppose to do anything instead of showing the player’s experience or dedication to the game. If rank points gained are increased, the system’s accuracy will drop, ranks tend to mean a bit more than people think, but not anymore now.

We knew what we played for, we knew we’d get low rank-points for playing tpvp instead of farming hotjoins. But that doesn’t stop the rank’s original intention to represent experience/dedication, which is now being completely destroyed by its own creator (Anet). The gold is simply a thing of equality, PvErs get to WvW, because they have all necessary resources, and they get to PvP w/e they want. We don’t get to WvW w/e we want, so some gold would’ve been sweet.

Please don’t judge my usage of the word ’’loyal’’ I simply used it as synonym for playing since launch.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

Please, discuss

Discussing is showing that you care.

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

Suggestions would be nice, or else the thread will drop in further pages, and it won’t be taken too seriously.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Bushy.2963

Bushy.2963

Im confused as to why the current system had to be scrapped in such advance of the new system. What about it was destroying the implementation of the newer design? And why months ahead of schedule of the reset of the update? It leaves sPvP in a sort of limbo.

I truely do not understand why glory gain was removed so far ahead of the core content’s roll out….

in PvP

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

Yea, I’d have been rank 45 or so by now then, but I’m 39. I like to show people I’m more skilled by feeding them the dirt though, and then stomping on their corpse. I’ve killed ranks 50-60 where I thought they were noobies. Feels good, in a way.

This is much worse in WvW, where ranks actually give you stuff. I played for months in there, just for fun. Then quit and came back months later and suddenly I was a rank 1 ‘noob’ surrounded by rank 80-120 veterans with leet extra WvW skills.

All you can do to prove you’re deserving of a title higher than theirs at the moment is kill that rank 50 bear and stomp him with a wolf banner! Then feel good about yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

TL;DR : New players are being favoured when older and loyal players gets left in the dust, us older players never get compensation. Please, discuss,

this is working as intended, the so called “older and loyal” players are often harder to please, and always seems to keep on threatening to stop playing and leave etc.

new players are motivated by various carrots, and tend to spend more often in the gem store, it is only naturally profitable to take care of the needs of the so called new players.

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

since when does loyal players mean anything to anet?

you guys act as if you are paying a sub or something

casuals are the ones that buy gemstore stuff for real $… thats the primary source of income, thus these players will be focused more and more

pvp is an afterthought and will remain an afterthought because it deals very little with gemstore…

most pvpers dont spend $$ on this lol

in PvP

Posted by: IIvIIozzie.9250

IIvIIozzie.9250

I’ve been playing Guild Wars since the alpha, about a decade ago now. Throughout all these years Arenanet have always shown favoritism to newer players/casuals. Their decision making sends the message “our loyal player base isn’t going anywhere. Let’s give more incentive to newer players and casuals so they don’t get jealous and feel equally rewarded”.

The only thing veterans get is grind. They do this to avoid elitism, which I do understand to an extent but ultimately disagree with. Players should be justly rewarded for how good they are and the time they dedicate into the game, not just for some meaningless titles.

Now they’re giving PvE rewards for ranking up in PvP. There are some players who have absolutely no interest in PvE… so they really get nothing. But wait! According to Mr. Chapman:

Here’s a bit more information to clear the air on this stuff coming in for this next patch:…….

Either way, don’t be too alarmed because tons of new rewards are coming. Even PvP specific ones!

-Tyler

See that?! We are going to get some PvP specific rewards too! You know what, I think PvE players should get a new overhauled rewards system as well. There will be a great bridging system that only gives glory for PvP rewards, and when the new system is in place they might even be able to earn some PvE rewards too! How do you think that would go over with that crowd? I love you Arenanet, but sometimes I feel like you are based out of bizarro world, not Bellevue.

(edited by IIvIIozzie.9250)

in PvP

Posted by: Assassin O.9367

Assassin O.9367

Well here I am rank 47 Avenger and only 4/10 to Ransacker… I only play solo and team queue so my rank points are not going towards my titles… Only my end of the match stats… This BUG does not exist in spvp…In Spvp I see rank 39/40 Ransackers…. This really burns me to see lower rank players with higher titles…. I knew better having faith this patch would correct this bug…. I feel shafted….

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

could someone answer why we got only rank reward increase?

(edited by Swagginator.3246)

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Progression felt too slow, specially for those who played casually!
a dedicated loyal PvP player would have taken some crazy ammount of time (like 5 years) to achieve rank 80!

Now they made it so it’s realistic for casual/Hotjoin heroes to progress faster and
Catch up with those loyal dedicated duumb players who actually spent thousands of hours actually playing games for which they were not rewarded for!

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

a dedicated loyal PvP player would have taken some crazy ammount of time (like 5 years) to achieve rank 80!

Now they made it so it’s realistic for casual/Hotjoin heroes to progress faster and
Catch up with those loyal dedicated duumb players who actually spent thousands of hours actually playing games for which they were not rewarded for!

It was apparent all along that the rank system would recieve an increase in gain.. IMO people should’ve seen this coming and waited with ranking up. They chose to invest time and thats their own fault.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

It was apparent all along that the rank system would recieve an increase in gain.. IMO people should’ve seen this coming and waited with ranking up. They chose to invest time and thats their own fault.

hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha no

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

A-net chill plz go

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

this is working as intended, the so called “older and loyal” players are often harder to please, and always seems to keep on threatening to stop playing and leave etc.

new players are motivated by various carrots, and tend to spend more often in the gem store, it is only naturally profitable to take care of the needs of the so called new players.

I understand what you mean buddy :P , but some of us just want our amount of games played to match our ranks, but every time they increase the rank points earned without compensating us, some think we played alot less games and have alot less experience then what we actually do, its like working your butt off for something but then any player can get it much easyer.

Anet compensate us in the past with gladiator points, why can’t they do so now?

‘’Players who already had acquired Gladiator points before the update on September 27, 2007, had their total number of points multiplied by 6 to compensate for the difficulty and raised tiers.
Players who already had acquired Gladiator points before the update on June 2, 2011, had their total number of points multiplied by 8 to compensate for the difficulty and raised tiers.’’

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

…what?
This is the most cancerously bad thing I’ve ever read. You are trying to say that it’s a players own stupid fault for getting kittened over because they should have known better than to play a game they bought?

Are you on mixed medication?

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

we know at some point they are gonna add templates which might encourage build diversity, should i stop PvP’ing until then ? or everyone should just not play until they add rewards?

that logic makes no sense because they are gonna continue to add/change things over time! all im saying, Anet really needs to considered the people who have been loyal to PvP and the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

It’s your own kitten faul! You should have seen it comming 1,5 years ago! Shouldnt even touch spvp to be honest….

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

It’s your own kitten faul! You should have seen it comming 1,5 years ago! Shouldnt even touch spvp to be honest….

Calm down buddy, we know how you feel! Even with how terribly developed its been up till now, its still better than ALL the MMOs PvP I’ve played so far, so I’m giving my 2 cents on how I feel right now. In hopes of contributing for a better PvP future.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Jerry Attrick.5963

Jerry Attrick.5963

eh, I just now seen this topic after posting something right along the lines of it.

I agree with the OP, I feel anet just devalued all ranks.

Rank shows time and dedication, to devalue that by letting others get there twice as fast is upsetting.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

A-net wants the old people to quit to bring in a new generation of casuals who don’t care.

Or force old loyal players to spend money on the gems store since they’ve already invested time and effort… and it’s like gambling one your in deep it’s hard to get out.

Either way A-net wins with their masturbatory magnum opus. – To bad they don’t realize players make the game, while devs create it. Enjoy the casual farmville wars 2, but instead of paying to make buildings go faster, we pay to support crafting. Or gamble in RNG. So much for skill based.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)