List of Things Wrong With sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: AmidimA.2795

AmidimA.2795

1.) 0 tangible reward. Nothing to gain from playing
2.) Incredibly Long que times for solo arena as introduced by the new update
3.) Takes multiple attempts to join regular browser games if you want to play instantly and not spectate.
4.) 0 tangible rewards. Nothing to gain from playing
5.) Fighting the same enemy builds over and over and over over and over. Hello dps thief, hello dps mesmer, hello dps lockdown warrior, hello tanky guardian, hello spirit ranger. You may have a different name, but you are just the same as all the others.
6.) Rank takes far far too long to accumulate
7.) Glory is absolutely useless
8.) 0 tangible reward. Nothing to gain from playing.
9.) Taking out the ability to check solo arena que status and/or disband from group from PvP icon on top.
10.) Constantly being on a team with 1 less player than the other team and having the scores be 300 points apart because of it
11.) Really stupid/frustrating auto-balance mechanic
12.) List of things done right with sPvP includes 0 items on the list
13.) ZERO REWARD FROM PLAYING

Please feel free in the comment section to add any other points I may have missed.

(edited by AmidimA.2795)

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

I think you forgot to mention that there are zero rewards for playing. That’s very important (!!!)

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

The fact that you earn nothing when you lose so its finally just a waste of time.

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

- Skyhammer should not be in SoloQ, it sucks how guardians and necros can easily push u to clif death.

- Conditions are just stupid. A lot of conditional damage mixed with greate defense and hp pool.

- AOE high easy damage spam mechanic.

- No minimun rank to play SoloQ (too much noob).

- No efficient report system for people that is not helping team (like LoL)

- Ranking by games win/loses is stupid, it should be for the average points earned on each match.

- NO kitten REAL REWARD

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

JQ/FA/AB/GvG/HA.. Zkeys..

if..only..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

14. You

Jk. I agree with some of your points about getting rewarded. Not the others.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

actual we get some rewards.. skins! oh hey wait that was wrong they are from pve.

u can waste your useless glory on crafting pvp-unidentified dye, who u cant sell. so you open them and throw all that stuff in the toilett to earn maybe 1 gold for glory worth several weeks. and i guess if has done all that, anet implements a better way to spend glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Clap.1507

Clap.1507

I don’t care about rewards...and most of these other complaints are negligible at best....

...I just plain don’t have fun anymore.....conquest-only kittening sucks....you literally added "custom arenas" and all it is a password protected server for whoever you want to play with.....nothing custom about it

Off the top of my head...(drunk Friday ramblings)

....ability to turn off capture points and first team to 25 score wins......BOOM the death match everyone wants

....Foefrire without capture points for a Lord kill map...or use it as a one capture point KoTH type map.....

....Kyhlo as KoTH works too I guess....

....Spirit watch, where when picking up the orb a random point is "tagged" and points are scored if it is brought to that point....or just use home points....

....Lots more options I am sure....and these are suggestion with CURRENT maps...nothing toooo crazy....

....None if this needs to be balanced for the tournament level..or "E-sports"....just give us something fun....

....Classes feel like they are becoming less and less unique...interesting skills getting nerfed.....yet balancing seems to be a harder and harder job for you guys....I don’t get it....

People are not going to continue to play boring conquest with boring classes/skills for another year.....they are waiting for something better.

Love the game....but needed to rant/ramble some complaints.

Blackgate Invader [HB]

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

I don’t get why everything should give “a reward”. I had no reward when playing Team Fortress Classic/Natural Selection/Starcraft2 online and still played it for months, why should any competitive online game be “rewarded” ?

That’s also not true you have 0 reward. I made yesterday 10 dyes with things I got from tournaments chests, got 1 white, boom 8+ gold. Also, when you get to lvl 40 you get almost free 18 bag slots for all your characters, that’s 1+ gold spared per bag. Few rewards, yes. No reward, no.

in PvP

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

When you’re putting in the time to sit in the Solo Queues, you should get something out of it. Even if you lose. Hell, I would appreciate something so people stay and don’t rage quit. I’ve been in tournaments where people rage-quit cause they’re getting farmed and don’t like it – Instantly drops a team to 4 or 3 members – No point in trying cause you won’t win. It’s infuriating at best, after waiting 15 odd minutes in a queue, just to have people who don’t know what they’re doing leave and ruin any chances for the rest of the team.

The rewards are pretty bad too. And the daily. Ugh. Not even worth it.

Skyhammer in Solo Queue Tournaments shouldn’t even be an option – That map is beyond stupid and it’s fairly easy to be knocked over the edge constantly. Hell, I don’t even play skyhammer in normal sPvP events. I’ll leave (Tried setting up a filter, doesn’t even work) and re-queue.

As for getting gold from dyes, the percentage of actually getting a high worth dye is minimal at best, and it’s not even worth the effort of trying.

I love the sPvP but it’s really going downhill, and it’s just getting there faster.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

I don’t get why everything should give “a reward”. I had no reward when playing Team Fortress Classic/Natural Selection/Starcraft2 online and still played it for months, why should any competitive online game be “rewarded” ?

That’s also not true you have 0 reward. I made yesterday 10 dyes with things I got from tournaments chests, got 1 white, boom 8+ gold. Also, when you get to lvl 40 you get almost free 18 bag slots for all your characters, that’s 1+ gold spared per bag. Few rewards, yes. No reward, no.

first the bags has no worth for spvp the most time. for pve player it takes to long to get them.

with the dyes, thats pure luck. i was crafting the other 80 dyes, got some rare but make only ca. 1 gold cause only white and black are worth any.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I don’t think the biggest problem with pvp is the is the rewards. I just came from a match where I couldn’t see anything that was happening in the battlefield. Inbetween the particle effects, the huge amount of pets, and the zergy nature of some matches, it’s almost impossible to see what is happening, and usually the best tactic is to spam even more aoe to the area, spam dodges like crazy, and hope luck’s on your side.

When I want to cc a guardian, I must wait until their crazy stability spam ends, and I must watch the UI and all the million boon icons they can have at the same time, while all the crazy stuff is happening.

Then whenever I lose my target, or my target automatically changes god knows why, I must go through tab targetting while I’m getting spammed by stealthed bursts in the middle of laggy explosions of particle effects.

And finally when everything seems to be under control, the number of times where a single characters goes from 0 to crazy amount of boons or conditions in a single second is ridiculous. Suddenly, this naked thief has all boons of the entire game within himself, and so does the guardian. Suddenly, after spamming condition cleansing on myself and cleaning my UI, I get a huge instant spam of conditions from signet of spite.

And what can I do? Take my time reading which icons I have in my UI and then react accordingly? Think strategically? No, I spam more condition cleansing, I spam more dodges, I get eaten alive unless I or my team mates burst my opponents, and most of the strategical details slide through the spamfest.

This is the biggest problem with GW2. Unless Anet suddenly decides to slow down the combat’s pace with an energy/ mana mechanic, it would require a huge work on every single trait and skill to make sure it stops being the spamfest it generally is.

in PvP

Posted by: lolIknow.7152

lolIknow.7152

I’d say my biggest complaint would be tab targeting. It either doesn’t change targets when I tab or I tab into a pet. I also never tab into the guy right in front of me; it always seems to be the people behind me. I wish you could enable a setting that prioritized player characters. I try mostly to click on the people I want to target nowadays.

in PvP

Posted by: Xaqq.7562

Xaqq.7562

I’d say my biggest complaint would be tab targeting. It either doesn’t change targets when I tab or I tab into a pet. I also never tab into the guy right in front of me; it always seems to be the people behind me. I wish you could enable a setting that prioritized player characters. I try mostly to click on the people I want to target nowadays.

We need a better way to target this is true.

in PvP

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

1.) Skins, satisfaction
2.) What time do you play? I play at all hours and the longest wait time I’ve had was like 6-10m which isn’t very long.
3.) Don’t click on the play now button and take 3-5 secs to look for a room thats half full…
4.) Back to 1.
5.) That’s how it is in every game. There are people that run unorthodox things but yes you will see more of the same spec over and over because those specs are good.
6.) Rank is fine, it gives those who play a lot and invest a lot of time into spvp a cool way to show off.
7.) No, it’s not. It could be updated to have more meaningful uses though.
8.) … Back to 1?
9.) Taking out the ability to check solo arena que status and/or disband from group from PvP icon on top.
10.) Not all games can be balanced, it’s like this in every MMO it isn’t something that be fixed because that all comes down to the players. If you’re talking about SoloQ give it time for the MMRs to adjust and hopefully matches because more even
11.) It can be annoying if you’re on the winning team but hey I don’t mind going over to try and help the losing team plus you don’t really lose out on much unless it’s a complete stomp
12.) ?
13.) ?

in PvP

Posted by: CaakEE.7109

CaakEE.7109

you forgot to mention how a game can start with someone afk or off.

thats just stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

thats just stupid.

This is 1 big issue though, only encountered it once but yeah, I think they should implement the queue system like league, it verifies everybody with an OK check before going into the game, if someone is AFK it just looks for someone else and removes the AFK from queue.

in PvP

Posted by: CaakEE.7109

CaakEE.7109

thats just stupid.

This is 1 big issue though, only encountered it once but yeah, I think they should implement the queue system like league, it verifies everybody with an OK check before going into the game, if someone is AFK it just looks for someone else and removes the AFK from queue.

once? you are lucky.

I played 20 tpvps matches today.

11 of them with an afk or a offline guy.

yeah im quitting tpvp, no reason to play that kitten with no reward and the chance of playing with -1 or more.

in PvP

Posted by: Nialiss.6459

Nialiss.6459

JQ/FA/AB/GvG/HA.. Zkeys..

if..only..

>Varied pvp types and objectives
>Zkeys (Tangible reward)

So much YES!