Load Screen Bug Fixed?

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

so today we might get the load screen bug fixed who else is excited?

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

I have not gotten the GW2 load screen bug at all, lately. Black Ops 2 loads just fine.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: escobert.9024

escobert.9024

I’ve had load screen bugs in SPvP. Hate it when I’m halfway through a match and all of a sudden I load the wp when I die -_-

Blippy Azure – Asura Guardian
Acquire [ACE]
For Aspenwood Has A Giant [HAMR]

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I think it will be good. They fixed it once, they should be able to fix it again. I hope they figured out what caused it this time, though.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Excited? You talk about it like a new feature. It should never have existed in the first place and they already ‘fixed’ it like 3-4 times before.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

Excited? You talk about it like a new feature. It should never have existed in the first place and they already ‘fixed’ it like 3-4 times before.

^^^^ This. Why they break there own kitten every patch is beyond me.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

I swear people on this forum need to learn 2 chill out for a little.

I’m excited for the fix at least.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I want to hop in and say that while this bug is proving near impossible to reproduce on our machines, we hope our fixes going out today will finally take care of it.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

(edited by Evan Lesh.3295)

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Could this in any way be realted to the lag issues many of us are experiencing?

I’ve only had this happen to me once or twice, and am also experiencing severe lag from time to time.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I’ve only had this happen to me once or twice, and am also experiencing severe lag from time to time.

Its very possible, which would also explain why its so hard to reproduce it internally with zero latency.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

Its very possible, which would also explain why its so hard to reproduce it internally with zero latency.

I also heard that people with SSD instead of HDD never had this problem.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

I want to hop in and say that while this bug is proving near impossible to reproduce on our machines, we hope our fixes going out today will finally take care of it.

Are you, by any chance, using only (mostly) nVidia graphic cards? This idea came to me few days back, when 3 of my guild mates got the loading stuck bug one by one 3-4 times in a single round(while they were topically getting it once-twice in a tournament run) and I havnt experienced it at all (since it got reintroduced last month). The difference between my mates’ PCs and mine, are that Im using a nVidia card (gtx460 with the latest beta 310.64 driver), while they all have AMD Radeons (HD6970, HD6870 and HD7850, everyone with the latest 12.11 driver).

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: La Folie.7309

La Folie.7309

I also heard that people with SSD instead of HDD never had this problem.

This is just wrong, I’m playing on a SSD and I happen to come across this bug.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Ziddy.2583

Ziddy.2583

Do you know why GW2 is laggy certain times of the day? After 6:00PM PST i get about a 1 second delay in Spvp and have resorted to VPN’s (like mentioned by the players in the state of the game podcast) in order to remove the lag.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I have an SSD and I have had this once during a tournament. Other than that, I’m gravy.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

Do you know why GW2 is laggy certain times of the day? After 6:00PM PST i get about a 1 second delay in Spvp and have resorted to VPN’s (like mentioned by the players in the state of the game podcast) in order to remove the lag.

Please, where are you from and what’s the region of your VPN ?

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

The trick about it is that the client actually loads in, you can hear the sounds of people/objects/music. It’s just the loading screen not going away, everything is loaded.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: typingofthedead.5614

typingofthedead.5614

hahahaha, as a software engineer, this should be read this as: "we honestly have no idea why this is happening, and since we are unable to replicate the steps required to make this bug happen, we dont really have any clues either. but we did tweak some stuff that it might be related to, so sure it may be fixed. but again, we can’t be sure, since we have no way of testing it on our end and unless we got lucky its probably not fixed yet "

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

hahahaha, as a software engineer, this should be read this as: "we honestly have no idea why this is happening, and since we are unable to replicate the steps required to make this bug happen, we dont really have any clues either. but we did tweak some stuff that it might be related to, so sure it may be fixed. but again, we can’t be sure, since we have no way of testing it on our end and unless we got lucky its probably not fixed yet "

Also as a software engineer, I would read this as: “Although we haven’t been able to reproduce this ourselves, we’ve been up and down through the code and made a number of intelligent guesses. We’re pretty sure that those must be the problems, but since we can’t reproduce it, we have no guaranteed.”

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

I’m sure community volinteers that experience this bug rather often wouldn’t mind volinteering some time to test the patch since it appears that it could be latency dependant. The only time I seem to get it is when I am experiencing lag from downloads or that specific time of the day that the game lags everyday, so low latency might make it impossible to in house test.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

Let stealthed thief stomp you :P…

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Zyzz.6538

Zyzz.6538

I’ve been getting the bug occasionally as well. Teammates more than myself, it’s ruined quite a few paid tournies. I have triple SLI nvidia so its not the ati vs nvidia problem as someone stated earlier. It seems to happen more when stealth thieves stomp, but it’s not every time. Not sure exactly what triggers it.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Are you, by any chance, using only (mostly) nVidia graphic cards? This idea came to me few days back, when 3 of my guild mates got the loading stuck bug one by one 3-4 times in a single round(while they were topically getting it once-twice in a tournament run) and I havnt experienced it at all (since it got reintroduced last month). The difference between my mates’ PCs and mine, are that Im using a nVidia card (gtx460 with the latest beta 310.64 driver), while they all have AMD Radeons (HD6970, HD6870 and HD7850, everyone with the latest 12.11 driver).

Hmm I’m using a Radeon 6870 and I am getting the loading bug also.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Nope. I am using nvidia 310m on my laptop with the latest update ankittenep getting the loading bug.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

ok patch came out lets hope for the best. if you still get the bug post how what map were you were at.

but lets just hope for the best

URTFC.COM

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Let stealthed thief stomp you :P…

Yeah that’s the only time I get the load screen bug, when I get smashed by a thief. Doesn’t seem to matter if it’s stealth or not. Hasted abilities trigger it more often than regular attacks.

On that note it would seem the logical fix would be to nerf thief into the ground so nobody plays them until you can pin point the origin of the issue.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Ok I just got stuck in legacy of foefire loading screen after finishing forest of niflhel in 8v8.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Please add -log to your shortcut and copy paste your log file here if you still get the load-screen bug.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

One of the reasons we’re asking for a public beta server since release.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

noone in my party has had the dc bug in game since the update. gj ANET.

but i did dc 1 time before the game even started might have just been something non releated. and we have a ele that load bugs into the mist all the time.

URTFC.COM

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Maethar.5627

Maethar.5627

Yeah, no load screen bug which is great.

There’s still that other bug when you try to join the next tourny match when it pops up right after a match ends with 0 seconds to go and you get a Network Error. Usually you get sucked in when it really starts but not always.

Load Screen Bug Fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Jackmitch.1958

Jackmitch.1958

My one character has been stuck in the loading screen in Caledon forest for a few days now. My other character is working just fine. I have clocked in less than 10 hours in the game and I hope this problem can be fixed soon. Here is my log file, I hope it helps:

Perf: Build 16203
Perf: Archive has version 1 header
Perf: Archive has version 1 header
Debug: Scale9Grid for resource=188 has negative width -8.050000
Perf: Deleted 0 old files.
Debug: Connecting to auth server 64.25.38.54:6112…
Debug: Connected to auth server 64.25.38.54:6112
Debug: Auth server returned response 0
Debug: Account login transaction result 0
Debug: Loaded 7563 precached vertex shaders in 1324 ms.
Debug: Loaded 7583 precached vertex shaders in 5 ms.
Debug: CContext::SetFlag (0)
Debug: Preallocated 31296KB of index and vertex buffers.
Perf: Failed to open file [43775,0] because it’s already open and cannot be shared. Try again.
Perf: Failed to open file [45049,0] because it’s already open and cannot be shared. Try again.
Perf: Upcasting vertices from rigid to skinned during mesh combine.
Perf: Upcasting vertices from rigid to skinned during mesh combine.
Debug: Material expected 4 textures but got 3.
Debug: Auth server returned response 0
Debug: MapLoader: Completed STATE_LOAD_CONTENT
Debug: MapLoader: Completed STATE_LOAD_MANIFEST
Debug: MapLoader: Completed STATE_SERVER_WAIT
Debug: MapLoader: Completed STATE_MAP_DOWNLOAD
Error: Mem Arena ‘Collision’ capacity exceeded. Attempted alloc category: ‘Collide Havok’ Size: 1048576
Debug: MapLoader: Completed STATE_MAP_STREAM
Debug: MapLoader: Completed STATE_MODELS_STREAM
Debug: MapLoader: Completed STATE_MAP_ASSET_STREAM
Debug: MapLoader: Completed STATE_AGENT_STREAM
Debug: MapLoader: Completed STATE_READY_WAIT
Debug: Disconnected from server 64.25.33.47:6112
Debug: Drop auth connection
Debug: Disconnected from server 64.25.38.54:6112
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.socket inet msgs processed; 22
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.socket inet process time ms; 5
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.transactions (peak); 3
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.transactions (total); 13
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.unsent msgs (peak); 2
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.unsent msgs (total); 2