MiniMap changes with Aug.6th patch?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

hi folks,

i was just wondering if there are some changes to minimaps. i havent already read about it but regarding to the coming soloQ it’s time to bring up this request again.

especially for the communication, for map pinging and signaling in any way possible to tell your team whats going on without wasting time by typing. sadly the common practice nowadays is just people saying nothing and ignoring the chat completely. i really hope this will change with upcoming soloQ but to teach the community to communicate the possibility to do so is needed.

like having all 3 cap points on top of the map. by clicking one cap-symbol you get a dropdown menu with predefined commands (e.g. enemy incoming / on my way to that point / need backup here)

and with the changes (if so) will it be possible to finally fix the map at a certain point (no longer following your char) in addition to give us a wider possible placement for the minimap?
like you see in my attachment there is soooooo much available space to make the map bigger, but no possibility to do so. this is already maxed out.

it would be nice to get a answer if there are some implementations likewise to the suggested above.

what does the community think would be an improvement for your gaming experience?

so long…

Attachments:

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I’ld love option to re-bind map ping key.
Having my dodge on Shift makes it annoying, as I have to waste a dodge every time I ping :P

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

kito.1827

true, that would be nice too

i still think the main problem is that you cant fix the map to have a decent overview of whats happening.

recently it felt like even pinging got harder, it often just doesnt ping when im shift-clicking

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

Not everyone has a huge resolution like you. :P

Although being able the adjust the size of the minimap is not a bad idea.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Isn’t the mini-map re-sizable enough?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

kito.1827

it is… a bit…
but not enough to see the entire map at once on a acceptable zoom level.

and still there is no possibility to fix the map so that it wont pan anymore

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

true, that would be nice too

i still think the main problem is that you cant fix the map to have a decent overview of whats happening.

recently it felt like even pinging got harder, it often just doesnt ping when im shift-clicking

That happens when you shift click on an icon on the map. You have to click beside it. That includes character icons and the point icons, frustrating.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

When using the smallest UI you can’t sizethe mini-map big enough. I would love to be able to have it sizeable to a quarter of the screen either up or across and even have some transparency to it.

Or the GW1 map, U for default binding, that was a good map.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

kito.1827

i think this may also improve shoutcasting experience because map overview is essentially and to be able to resize the map to an appropriate size and fixing the pan would help a lot.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

actually just show enemies that are visible to team on minimap too..here you go,now i know if homepoint needs help or not

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

Why not just use a Smite-similar style of voice commands? They did a fantastic job in that aspect and most of the players use it in solo queues so they’re teammates always know what’s happening. And hey, maybe this would make the pirate actually give useful information instead of it saying “Your lord is under attack” when it’s at 50% HP :P

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in PvP

kito.1827

or maybe use the existing. by holding shift you can ping and draw on the minimap – what about adding a simple overlay somewhere in the middle of the screen by holding shift and it will have certain commands to communicate with your team

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

shift as ping is terrible or shift click since shift seems to be the go to key to dodge target etc. If you don’t have one of those 20 button mouses that is ^^

Please make rebinding the ping key an option!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

We’re currently working on some minimap changes that will help with the zoom levels and readability. I agree that more hard-coded actions should be bindable.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Veplerion.3921

Veplerion.3921

Having my dodge on Shift makes it annoying, as I have to waste a dodge every time I ping :P

Yes! This! Shift for dodge is so natural since your finger is always there, but almost dodge rolling off a cliff when trying to ping isn’t very fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

We need a voice effect when someone pings a point on the map, so people realize. Because currently you just miss it.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

We need a voice effect when someone pings a point on the map, so people realize. Because currently you just miss it.

This is a great idea. If not a voice effect, a message on the screen much like when a Lord has respawned. I think anet could do away with the ‘X player is on a rampage!’ message for tournament, maybe just keep it for hotjoins. It does not add anything to tournament mode at all in my opinion. Maybe replace it so when someone pings you get ‘X player is requesting assistance!’.

Also would be nice to have a key bind to the mini map that opens a larger transparent version of it, as others have suggested.

in PvP

kito.1827

We’re currently working on some minimap changes that will help with the zoom levels and readability. I agree that more hard-coded actions should be bindable.

are you also considering changes to the size of the minimap?
as i know on low resolution and biggest layout size it is almost screen-filled, though it would be nice for people using higher res
also crucial change would be a fixed pan

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: helplesssoul.6920

helplesssoul.6920

This! Don’t understand why they didn’t implement it this way in the first place. Don’t understand why they bound it to such an easily accessible key.