(My) MM Builds

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Hello everyone, i’ve been playing MM since GW1 and I’ve always used the MM as a defensive build. This build is my personal build and it has been very good to me. Now with the new patch notes being released i’d like to share this build so everyone can try it out and see if they like it or not.
Bunker (PvP Build)
2/0/6/6/0
VI/III-X-XI/II-VII-XI
Staff/Dagger & Focus
Sigil of Frailty & Force
Rune of the Fighter
Cleric Amulet
All Minions

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAW4djM00UbXNu1webiohS6A4AKgpvgPIEgqHB-TJRBwAiLDU5hAYd/BAXBAA

Edit : Added link

Necromancer Main

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: MultaniGamer.7169

MultaniGamer.7169

Bunker MM? So basically you run around trying not to die while your pets do all the work?

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQRBHRhG2IHNN12VjbNs3mYXQku1saTWcJkBeB-TJxHAB1eSAOZ/hlKDAwTAAA

I find this to be more effective. Playstyle is you CC, Immobilize, and Chill for your minions to track them down. Other than that, you just try to survive. Double energy really helps with that, and renewal sigils with Transfusion helps keep your minions up. Warhorn is really nice for interrupting a Guardian’s Shelter. If you do that well, you can debunker a Guardian incredibly fast.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Zoso.8279

Bunker MM? So basically you run around trying not to die while your pets do all the work?

Nope. No running. And your using dagger/focus more then staff.

Necromancer Main

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Zoso.8279

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQRBHRhG2IHNN12VjbNs3mYXQku1saTWcJkBeB-TJxHAB1eSAOZ/hlKDAwTAAA

I find this to be more effective. Playstyle is you CC, Immobilize, and Chill for your minions to track them down. Other than that, you just try to survive. Double energy really helps with that, and renewal sigils with Transfusion helps keep your minions up. Warhorn is really nice for interrupting a Guardian’s Shelter. If you do that well, you can debunker a Guardian incredibly fast.

I can see how your build might be effective. Personally I prefer mine a bit more because I don’t like to rely too much on my minions for damage. I like to use them more defensively. I can 1v2 effectively with the added toughness my minions grant me and the life force build up from dagger. Switching from DS and dagger/focus grants enough might that I do a good amount of damage while my minions heal me with their life per hit and my own life siphon skill. Focus is extremely useful because of the 3 boon rip and chill + damage. Add the death nova with bone minions constantly exploding and your doing enough damage to take people down while being sustained by all the life steal. Having 5 minions give me a lot more toughness. Staff also helps with condi/fear and regeneration. Personally I use the staff more for CC from fear then anything else to be honest. Dagger/Focus and DS is what I am running the majority of the time.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

You’re using cleric’s amulet, please dont try and say all your damage doesn’t come from your minions, since it does.

Also, this build is dreadful, and please move it to the necromancer section. Or maybe the WvW section

Ranger//Necro

(edited by infantrydiv.1620)

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Zoso.8279

You’re using cleric’s amulet, please dont try and say all your damage doesn’t come from your minions, since it does.

Also, this build is dreadful, and please move it to the necromancer section. Or maybe the WvW section

Lol no my minions keep me alive more then do damage. Play the build before posting plz. Thanks. (Obviously if playing an MM build your MINIONS will be doing a lot of damage but with this build your relying more on the toughness/life steal then the damage. DS might stack and dagger/focus with bone minion explode/Death Nova is where most damage comes from.) This build is a tanky build more then a DPS build. Cleric amulet give me JUST ENOUGH damage to take people. This build has no mobility so to put it in the WvW section wouldn’t make much sense if you think this is a WvW build you should take a second look.

Please if your going to comment on the build do me the courtesy of playing it first. Reading about something is not the same as actually doing.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

There is an MM build on metabattle you should try =0

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Zoso.8279

Yeah I ran Warhorn a while back but personally feel focus is more effective.

Necromancer Main

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

So basically you run around trying not to die while your pets do all the work?

you just summed up every AI build ever.

also for the OP i wouldn’t dream of making a MM build without Training of the Master.
its like making a power build and deciding not to take a trait that gives you 25% more damage.
even the minor 3 point trait that turns 7% of power into healing synergises perfectly with Cleric Amulet’s high power and vampiric mastery which makes you minions deal more damage based on healing power via life syphon.

imho the best MM will be 4/0/6/4/0 until something changes, it seems to do everything well, the damage is far more than someone should be doing with cleric and your regen makes warriors jealous

(edited by Liewec.2896)

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The metabattle MM build is not good.

You need Cleric on MM if you ever want to be able to manage a 2v1, Soldier really hurts your sustain. The minions are about half of your overall damage, but the main point is that Cleric keeps you and your minions alive much better against their “counter” of AoE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBIhdakjmma7qxvG2bTENASHOlJzfINA-T5QIABzeCAA4JAYUZAA

Right now this is the core build you should use for every s/tPvP MM build. Without Cleric you aren’t effective as a bunker anytime you are more than 1v1 (its MM you should’t lose 1v1s anyway except against certain builds). The big changes you make are the Spite 2 trait (whether you have focus or not) , whether you bring focus or dagger (dagger for condi removal, focus otherwise), and what runes you bring.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

I run (see link in sig) what most would probably call a hybrid MM build. Most of the damage from this build comes from conditions instead of the minions. However, if all cooldowns are up and with access to DS, it can spike lower health (less than 15K) classes from 100-0. It removes up to 7 conditions every 10 seconds when all 7 or more minions are summoned. It handles most 2v1 when played properly. I created this build to specifically deal with heavy block/blind eles, block/blind guards, diamond skin eles, pew pew rangers, turret engi, stealth-cloning mesmers, and blind thiefs. Avoid 2v1s where both enemies are hard CC users. All other 2v1s, line of sight one enemy while focusing on the other. You may have to send your minions to attack the one you’re los while you deal with the other. You can practice this technique against pew pew rangers.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Zoso.8279

I run (see link in sig) what most would probably call a hybrid MM build. Most of the damage from this build comes from conditions instead of the minions. However, if all cooldowns are up and with access to DS, it can spike lower health (less than 15K) classes from 100-0. It removes up to 7 conditions every 10 seconds when all 7 or more minions are summoned. It handles most 2v1 when played properly. I created this build to specifically deal with heavy block/blind eles, block/blind guards, diamond skin eles, pew pew rangers, turret engi, stealth-cloning mesmers, and blind thiefs. Avoid 2v1s where both enemies are hard CC users. All other 2v1s, line of sight one enemy while focusing on the other. You may have to send your minions to attack the one you’re los while you deal with the other. You can practice this technique against pew pew rangers.

Bro this build is pretty bada#$. Played a few matches with it and had a good time. The AOE/Condi with the survivability/toughness is OP. Felt a lot more offensive then my build. Going into my personal book of builds if you don’t mind lol

+1

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

A bit off topic question. How MMs deal with longbow rangers? Or they can’t?

The night is dark and full of turnips.

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Zoso.8279

A bit off topic question. How MMs deal with longbow rangers? Or they can’t?

They do pretty good. Minions tend to get in the way of arrow shots.

Edit : To add detail

Personally when I run my main build (MM) rangers tend to not be much of a problem. With 2 fears 2 immobile (one basically having no tell since its from my ranged minion and when in a fight opponent is always focused on the crazy Necro stabbing them with his dagger) a few chills and one teleport I am able to get to the ranger quick ( DS skill 2) and hold them in place with imm/fear combo.

Also Cleric MM have TON of toughness/life

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

The metabattle MM build is not good.

You need Cleric on MM if you ever want to be able to manage a 2v1, Soldier really hurts your sustain. The minions are about half of your overall damage, but the main point is that Cleric keeps you and your minions alive much better against their “counter” of AoE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBIhdakjmma7qxvG2bTENASHOlJzfINA-T5QIABzeCAA4JAYUZAA

Right now this is the core build you should use for every s/tPvP MM build. Without Cleric you aren’t effective as a bunker anytime you are more than 1v1 (its MM you should’t lose 1v1s anyway except against certain builds). The big changes you make are the Spite 2 trait (whether you have focus or not) , whether you bring focus or dagger (dagger for condi removal, focus otherwise), and what runes you bring.

Yeah I was only seeing if it would make him rage, I don’t use the site.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Yeah I was only seeing if it would make him rage, I don’t use the site.

Idk, I think it would be awesome if GW2 had a site where you could get builds for every type of content. Getting every minor thing right on 100+ builds to the last sigil is not a job for 4-5 people, that’s why it’s a wiki – everyone who notices that something’s not right can propose changes on the discussion pages (or edit it, but careful with that).

Also it’s a lot harder to get everything right on less-widespread builds that you barely ever see at tournaments. Plus it’s a even harder to polish a build and agree on a final version if the outcome can’t be better than mediocore. But IMO the Meta/Great categories are all correct. But feel free to prove me wrong, because then changes will be made.

Having a site like this also reduces the chance of people running around in soloque with totally random builds which improves matches for everyone.

(edited by witcher.3197)

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

A wiki is only as good as the collective group that manages it. In the case of metabattle, this means for you to make a change to a page, even if the build is obviously bad and you know it, you have to convince the community that you are right. Its not worth the effort, frankly, I spend enough time here dealing with people who don’t know what they are talking about.

Its a great idea, but especially in the context of the MM build there, it isn’t a great resource right now if you want the best version of a build possible. It is better than seeing people running around with Blood Fiend, but not by a ton.

My PvP Minion Build

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

A wiki is only as good as the collective group that manages it. In the case of metabattle, this means for you to make a change to a page, even if the build is obviously bad and you know it, you have to convince the community that you are right. Its not worth the effort, frankly, I spend enough time here dealing with people who don’t know what they are talking about.

Its a great idea, but especially in the context of the MM build there, it isn’t a great resource right now if you want the best version of a build possible. It is better than seeing people running around with Blood Fiend, but not by a ton.

So reckless editing should be allowed without people having to bring up reasons or sources for the changes they are about to make? Even if they are right, I guess it would be extremely hard to track every unannounced change. All you have to do is tell the change and why is that better. Takes 1 min.

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Look at the MM build on metabattle; without even going into how bad it is, it has gone through a lot of changes without a single discussion about it. I was the first person to say anything in the discussion section, and I didn’t make changes because I didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes, and I was fairly promptly told I was wrong (which was hilarious, but enforces my point). Using this build as an example, you have incorrect information, bad suggestions, and no discussion of changes.

The actual issue is that changes are made without any input or discussion at all. There is no quality control unless someone wants to sit around correcting every idiotic change that someone makes and wants to wade through the change log. This is why I just tell people to go to the profession forums if they want builds.

My PvP Minion Build

(My) MM Builds

in PvP

Zoso.8279

The idea of metabattle imo is good. The execution is the hard part. But personally the MM build they have posted there I don’t like too much. NeX your a funny dude……..

Necromancer Main