No heals should clear poison.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Poison as a conditions becomes greatly undermined, particularly as a necromancer’s attrition mechanic, when classes’ base heals can make it obsolete. One can work to apply poison, but some heals like Hide in Shadows among other heals that also remove conditions tend to make any investment in poison pretty weak.

Some classes also have too good condition removal, which is part of the reason single target condition specs are not particularly strong compared to burst specs in this game. If someone works hard enough to get 9-10 stacks of bleeding on someone, it should not be so trivial to remove, because the class that can stack these bleeds outside the Death Blossom thief (and that’s more a balance issue with thieves being better condition damage as a spike class than classes who don’t have spike and must rely on conditions) have to invest considerable time before they see returns, whereas a shatter or stealth opener or heartseeker or warrior greatsword ability does about the same damage as a high bleed stack, but instant and less prone to being negated.

Something needs to be done about condition specs in this game, and I’d start with looking at stat synergies, because pow/prec/crit dmg scale far better in returns to the user than condition builds do. Moreover, stat combinations like Rampager are useless, because condition specs currently cannot afford to forego defense and spec more offensively since they’ll lose out to burst specs as their damage cannot be delivered nearly as fast with other offensive investment (again, an issue with stat synergy).

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

As far as I’m aware, no heal that cures conditions will avoid poison’s -% healing debuff, even if it removes poison. And that’s just fine as long as it stays that way.
Poison is a condition primarily used by engineers, thieves, necros and rangers. Poison ideally should be a debuff that you apply when expecting your enemy to heal. Not some up-all-the-time debuff.
Of course, Thieves and Necros sort of break this idea, but that should be considered a good reason to have them on your team – that they can pretty much permanently the healing of the enemy.

Anyway! I agree that condition specs are terribad at the moment, that goes for both PvE and PvP. Getting a ton of bleed stacks in on the target should not be negated by just entering stealth or switching attunements. There’s too many ways of removing conditions. And besides its healing -%, poison is pretty much useless, amounting to 2 bleed stacks. Burning to 6 (or is it 8?).
That’s gotta be changed.

in PvP

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

As far as I’m aware, no heal that cures conditions will avoid poison’s -% healing debuff, even if it removes poison. And that’s just fine as long as it stays that way.

I know for a fact that Warrior’s Mending clears poison if possible before the heal is applied, this was a major change that was applied back in the second BWE if I recall correctly.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Only if the Mending pulls the poison. It may pull other conditions in poison’s place. There is no published hierarchy of condition removal

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Ertzbot.7086

Ertzbot.7086

Conditions are still very strong builds. Every condition build deals more than one condition. especially necros and engineers have much potential. And death blossom thief has just one:Makes it easier to clean it

And def Elementalists are hard to kill even for burst classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Ertzbot.7086

Ertzbot.7086

Conditions are still very strong builds. Every condition build deals more than one condition. especially necros and engineers have much potential. And death blossom thief has just one:Makes it easier to clean it

And def Elementalists are hard to kill even for burst classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Poison as a conditions becomes greatly undermined, particularly as a necromancer’s attrition mechanic, when classes’ base heals can make it obsolete. One can work to apply poison, but some heals like Hide in Shadows among other heals that also remove conditions tend to make any investment in poison pretty weak.

Some classes also have too good condition removal, which is part of the reason single target condition specs are not particularly strong compared to burst specs in this game. If someone works hard enough to get 9-10 stacks of bleeding on someone, it should not be so trivial to remove, because the class that can stack these bleeds outside the Death Blossom thief (and that’s more a balance issue with thieves being better condition damage as a spike class than classes who don’t have spike and must rely on conditions) have to invest considerable time before they see returns, whereas a shatter or stealth opener or heartseeker or warrior greatsword ability does about the same damage as a high bleed stack, but instant and less prone to being negated.

Something needs to be done about condition specs in this game, and I’d start with looking at stat synergies, because pow/prec/crit dmg scale far better in returns to the user than condition builds do. Moreover, stat combinations like Rampager are useless, because condition specs currently cannot afford to forego defense and spec more offensively since they’ll lose out to burst specs as their damage cannot be delivered nearly as fast with other offensive investment (again, an issue with stat synergy).

A well played necro can be a nightmare….but well played necros are rare ( like for all other professions), a well played necro won’t waste well by spamming them..he’ll wait for the right moment to drop chill/fear bomb, he’ll strip your boons and more.

Attrition gameplay doesn’t mean you fill up the target with conditions and win, you need to use your brain to know when to use what.

P.S
Message @Zikel New Gate, a necro I had the pleasure to fight against/with….you can learn a lot from him

in PvP

Zenith.7301

A well played necro can be a nightmare….but well played necros are rare ( like for all other professions), a well played necro won’t waste well by spamming them..he’ll wait for the right moment to drop chill/fear bomb, he’ll strip your boons and more.

Attrition gameplay doesn’t mean you fill up the target with conditions and win, you need to use your brain to know when to use what.

P.S
Message @Zikel New Gate, a necro I had the pleasure to fight against/with….you can learn a lot from him

Guardians and eles and engineers are much better attrition classes than the necro because theyactually have recovery options. The necro just absorbs large swaths of damage, but once his health is down he can’t reset his HP pool under a focus train like these other classes can.

I’m glad that people bring necros for boon removals and wells — that’s pretty much all they’re brought for besides fear. Mesmers do better aoe spike, as do ele’s. The necros are there to debunker and control with staff.

If you think a class whose main functioning weapon is only the staff is fine, good for you. It isn’t for me, and I’d like my necro to not just be a debunker.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

P.S

Guardians and eles and engineers are much better attrition classes than the necro because theyactually have recovery options. The necro just absorbs large swaths of damage, but once his health is down he can’t reset his HP pool under a focus train like these other classes can.

I’m glad that people bring necros for boon removals and wells — that’s pretty much all they’re brought for besides fear. Mesmers do better aoe spike, as do ele’s. The necros are there to debunker and control with staff.

If you think a class whose main functioning weapon is only the staff is fine, good for you. It isn’t for me, and I’d like my necro to not just be a debunker.

I don’t main a necro and so I can’t tell you the advantages of necro, but I played against some really skilled necros who have shown me the potential of the class, there are so many builds that still need to be discovered.
Who say necro is just a debunker?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JO4-nBIOA-AshX-9xD8aOhc03rn4VA0eHVA0WEQmvk4/edit
You could start from here or find something else.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/67051-necro-power-build-daggerfocus-and-wells/
Just change accordingly….

in PvP

Zenith.7301

P.S

I don’t main a necro and so I can’t tell you the advantages of necro, but I played against some really skilled necros who have shown me the potential of the class, there are so many builds that still need to be discovered.
Who say necro is just a debunker?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JO4-nBIOA-AshX-9xD8aOhc03rn4VA0eHVA0WEQmvk4/edit
You could start from here or find something else.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/67051-necro-power-build-daggerfocus-and-wells/
Just change accordingly….

Both of those guides are open world pve content. And a power necro is garbage in dungeon groups, might as well take a thief if you want blind fields or a warrior for raw damage.