Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Should be fun to watch.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Godofallu.2935

Godofallu.2935

If anyone gets information on what teams will be playing who and when I would like to know. A pm with a bracket link (that is not blank) would be great.

I’m pretty sure my team was the lucky 32’nd. Mighty morphing stock exchangers or something like that is our randomly chosen on the spot name apparently.

Proud GW2 Esports Guild Admin and Coach. Whisper me for duels, help, or guild invites.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

I have no idea about the NA Teams, but at least I will continue to provide you with my favorite poll:
http://strawpoll.me/285100

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: overlord.7283

overlord.7283

wheres my support jesus i kno my team is new but weve been doing tpvp for about 4 or five months now…give the underdogs(ultimatum asylum SOME support id rather not have EVERYONE rooting against me

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

If anyone gets information on what teams will be playing who and when I would like to know. A pm with a bracket link (that is not blank) would be great.

I’m pretty sure my team was the lucky 32’nd. Mighty morphing stock exchangers or something like that is our randomly chosen on the spot name apparently.

Odd. The wiki brackets were filled in. I guess someone removed the teams.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

Odd. The wiki brackets were filled in. I guess someone removed the teams.

Suspicious change is suspicious.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Authority.6145

So wait those brackets are not the right ones?

http://binarybeast.com/xGW21307300

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: DoYourBestBear.6810

DoYourBestBear.6810

I do not mean to be negative here – but that tournament seeding looks suspect to me. Free ride to the final match up for the qualifier for AL, boring matches ensue. And in the second bracket set you have SYNC, USA, and Envy – just a little lopsided is all.

Also, Das Goon, if you’re going to run a guard, two spirit rangers, and two necros, just withdraw now, because no one wants to watch you lose very slowly as you attempt to chain res.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I do not mean to be negative here – but that tournament seeding looks suspect to me. Free ride to the final match up for the qualifier for AL, boring matches ensue. And in the second bracket set you have SYNC, USA, and Envy – just a little lopsided is all.

^

But I have little wiggle room to complain, we (Envy) can’t play on Saturday, so seeing us on the Sunday ladder is a sigh of relief so far.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

wheres my support jesus i kno my team is new but weve been doing tpvp for about 4 or five months now…give the underdogs(ultimatum asylum SOME support id rather not have EVERYONE rooting against me

No offense but I have never seen your team play or play against it in tPvP and your not in Mist League.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Also, Das Goon, if you’re going to run a guard, two spirit rangers, and two necros, just withdraw now, because no one wants to watch you lose very slowly as you attempt to chain res.

Agreed bear. AL has a cake walk to the finals while Envy has to go up against USA. I feel bad for them. If anything, they or SYNC should be playing Saturday to even the brackets up.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Agreed bear. AL has a cake walk to the finals while Envy has to go up against USA. I feel bad for them. If anything, they or SYNC should be playing Saturday to even the brackets up.

Envy, literally 2 posts above yours, said they cannot play on Saturday which caused some imbalance in the bracket.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

So wait those brackets are not the right ones?

http://binarybeast.com/xGW21307300

I’ll say those are correct. Not going to trust the wiki if it’s going to be changed just like that.

That and you linked to those in the first post. I totally missed that you had them there.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Are there any seeding for these brackets ?? Not really keeping up to date with mist league or whos hot right now, but if I’m going to watch I’d to know the top 4 teams at least so I can at least look forward to certain teams.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Are there any seeding for these brackets ?? Not really keeping up to date with mist league or whos hot right now, but if I’m going to watch I’d to know the top 4 teams at least so I can at least look forward to certain teams.

aL, USA, Evny and vVv are probably your top 4.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Since people are only considering 4 out of the 32 teams to be of any consequence, I’m going to root for a Cinderella story.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Since people are only considering 4 out of the 32 teams to be of any consequence, I’m going to root for a Cinderella story.

My money is on them too.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

My money is on them too.

I had to go back and look to see if there was a team named “Cinderella Story” that ruined my idiom. Luckily, I didn’t see one.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Envy, literally 2 posts above yours, said they cannot play on Saturday which caused some imbalance in the bracket.

Obviously. I said such for theory bracket purposes.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

overlord.7283

i understand no ones seen us play but i mean ANYTHING can happen and i id liek SOME to support lol. BTW whos vVv i have yet to hear of them and i can use tips if possible

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

i understand no ones seen us play but i mean ANYTHING can happen and i id liek SOME to support lol. BTW whos vVv i have yet to hear of them and i can use tips if possible

I get where your coming from, and while (since being in NA and on my own team) I dont ‘support’ other NA teams, I would find it tough to rally behind a team I havent heard of, thats all!

vVv is a rather new team, but their roster is solid and they have had success against some of the better NA teams. We haven’t faced them yet so I do not know their strategy yet.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

overlord.7283

i hear they have the "best"engie" from hat i saw he cant take raw power and what really kills is the spirit ranger/double spec wall combo-.-

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

tichorum.2415

i hear they have the "best"engie" from hat i saw he cant take raw power and what really kills is the spirit ranger/double spec wall combo-.-

Steamhawke is one of the best engineers in the game, yes. What do you mean “raw power”? I’ve watched him win nearly every one on one he’s had, so I’m confused by your statement.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Steamhawke is one of the best engineers in the game, yes. What do you mean “raw power”? I’ve watched him win nearly every one on one he’s had, so I’m confused by your statement.

Lady Steamhawke is a very burst player, but with high burst comes low survivability if you can survive the burst. However, Steamhawke has probably the best burst I have seen in the game.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

overlord.7283

i mean from what i saw he can take CD and wipe but when he 1v1’s its liek he cant do it well and this is from what ive seen

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

tichorum.2415

@Pa – Yes he definitely is.

i mean from what i saw he can take CD and wipe but when he 1v1’s its liek he cant do it well and this is from what ive seen

I’m laughing at you saying he can’t do well in 1 on 1 situations. You’ll just have to watch us this weekend and I’m sure you’ll reconsider that thought.

Anyways, good luck to you guys Sunday.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

@Pa – Yes he definitely is.

I’m laughing at you saying he can’t do well in 1 on 1 situations. You’ll just have to watch us this weekend and I’m sure you’ll reconsider that thought.

Anyways, good luck to you guys Sunday.

Yea I think I have survived against Steamhawke once, maybe twice… haha

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

overlord.7283

IMO i dont think we have a sliver of a chance against anyone but we will see

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ Be a bit more optimistic or its lost already…

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

overlord.7283

i mean from what i hear theyre one of the best yeah weve been practicing and practicing but theres NO way to beat a PRO gaming community

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

i mean from what i hear theyre one of the best yeah weve been practicing and practicing but theres NO way to beat a PRO gaming community

Sadly, there arent enough teams to split to have both ‘amateur’ and ‘pro’ tournaments. That, and team swapping runs rampant among the ‘pro’ teams.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

overlord.7283

explain a little more about the swapping?

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Because your rank is tied to the individual and not the team, teams form quickly and disband quickly, or players will leave teams to jump to a better team because there is no punishment.

In GW1 there were requirements in place for their automated tournaments where you had to be part of the team for X amount of time or you could not play in their monthly automated tournaments. This forced players to become loyal to each other and not themselves and allowed teams to build synergy. Its no coincidence that the top teams in NA and EU have been together a long time, while all the other teams around them seem to rotate rosters a bit.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

Because your rank is tied to the individual and not the team, teams form quickly and disband quickly, or players will leave teams to jump to a better team because there is no punishment.

In GW1 there were requirements in place for their automated tournaments where you had to be part of the team for X amount of time or you could not play in their monthly automated tournaments. This forced players to become loyal to each other and not themselves and allowed teams to build synergy. Its no coincidence that the top teams in NA and EU have been together a long time, while all the other teams around them seem to rotate rosters a bit.

AL and USA have done nothing but change rosters since day 1.

Only eu teams stock together bro.

And overlord. Saying “where’s our support” to “oh we lose w/e” doesn’t help your cause. Earn respect. Don’t beg it.

Don’t assume anything about your opponent. I mean anything. Steamhawke will play what he believes is best.

I’d like to know why BAM didn’t get in

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

(edited by DXIEdge.2789)

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

overlord.7283

wow thats sadly really petty:/and kinda rdicoulus IMO

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

overlord.7283

honestly im keeping my head up no head games will be played. i think that we have a chance against them. so it will be fun and i wish GL to vVvas well may the best win

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

And overlord. Saying “where’s our support” to “oh we lose w/e” doesn’t help your cause. Earn respect. Don’t beg it.

Don’t assume anything about your opponent. I mean anything. Steamhawke will play what he believes is best.

AL changed? Hasn’t it always been Shan, Folly, Supcutie, Lily + 1 other? Their original 5th (pchow) stopped playing gw2 so they had no choice but to get another.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

DXIEdge.2789

Shan isn’t playing

@DXIEdge on twitter.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Shan isn’t playing

Oh, bummer :\

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

AL has never kicked a player, fyi. Hemo left due to personal reasons, Kaypud left to play with team USA, and i am unable to compete due to the pax requirements. Had the pax requirements not been implemented we would have 4/5 of our original roster.

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

AL has never kicked a player, fyi. Hemo left due to personal reasons, Kaypud left to play with team USA, and i am unable to compete due to the pax requirements. Had the pax requirements not been implemented we would have 4/5 of our original roster.

Still rooting for your team, mate! GL to AL

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I wish I could play. GL to those who are though.

Still undecided whether I’ll be supporting EU or NA for PAX, depends on who wins the NA tournament.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Hate to be the one guy that complains but these brackets are very unbalanced. You have one side that is stacked with known teams, and another that has one or two, and that have a easy trail.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

overlord.7283

Hey this is exec. Panda. This is to all those monitoring this thread. I just wanna apologize for the outburst earlier about the engine. You guys are right I shouldn’t underestimate any opponent. I was making assumptions about what I saw as I had saw him being down a lot. I honestly think the vVv an my UA team will have a great battle and it will be close may the best team win. GL Sunday
Executive panda

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Authority.6145

Do we know what time it starts tomorrow?

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

it just seems as if they don’t want us to play in this tournament at all for whatever reason that might be.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Include #TeamBAM.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

DXIEdge.2789

They shouldn’t have been snubbed if its for the reason I’m hearing about.

Thats not acceptable

@DXIEdge on twitter.

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Authority.6145

How long before the tournament starts?

Pax Finals - SYNC vs TC!

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

^

Same. What time does this start today. Might want to put time EST/PST in the OP

I have to get it set up on my TV and buy some beer. Gonna go superbowl style!

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer