OP PvP healing from....

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

…………..Engineers. Really I am sad they intend to buff engi healing which is almost impossible to counter and so skilless and lame. Let us think about the lamo engi bunker builds:

1, Healing turret gives alot of healing for a short CD
2, The cast time on healing turret is too short not allowing any pros to counter play it
3, Multiple engis can blast into each others water fields and ruin everyones day
4, Engis just have to spec into a passive/no skill trait and then they cant be killed by condis
5, Engis has so many lame knock backs, blinds and other bs.
6, Bunker engi is just a no-skill spam build. It isnt fun to play against at all. At least a bunker guardian you can actually hit and kill eventually.

These are the facts as far as I see them.

Please don’t nerf warrior dps, necro dps, and other damage and leave this engi heal the same or improve it. It is just lame.

Discuss.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

I already said this in the past. There’s barely any counterplay to these kinds of builds, they are incredible hard to kill, can decap points in seconds, and on top of that got decent counter pressure as well. It’s in 1 word just lame.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Did you kniw about thief clusterbombing the ranger steal? If anything is op it is that aoe 2k hps (heal and regen NOT included) combo.

Ranger | Elementalist

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Oh no, you mean bunker builds are actually hard to kill?

Also have you actually tried to play that build successfully, or is that “no skill spam” claim linked to you losing against a decent bunker engi?

(edited by Wintel.4873)

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Warrior hasn’t even been nerfed yet and people areb already complaining about another class

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

There are so many messed up mechanics in this game like the problem you stated in the post. You say there’s no counter. That is half the games healing sadly.

Guardian’s block heal is hard to counter unless you have someone there with a skill that goes through blocks. Guardians are worst when it comes to passive defensive skills. Then you got shoulds which more than one guardian shouting can ruin everyone’s day.

That is a big issue a lot of engineers are having with out speedy kits nerf, plenty of other classes have these vigor crap too.

You say we just have to trait into a no skill trait? Please, every meta build has some kind of no skill trait and it does a bunch of passive work for them during fights. Atleast with engineers we have to be almost dead for it to activate.

Bunker engie is no skill spam? That is every bunker class. Hell every meta class eventually devolves into spamming when you get into fights bigger than 2 on 2. Just the way the game is. Why? Every class can dish out game changing skills. This coupled with tons of AoE and passive things, spamming is the most viable option.

The problems you listed in this post aren’t just with engies, but most classes. Quite frankly there are a lot of mechanics I think are going to need a rework. We will see though. In a year time some changes in competition of gw2 will be made, it will be interesting to see how the PvP community reacts to it.

Knockbacks? Yeah, if we didnt have these we would suck. Necromancers, your main, out condition us so we have to make up for it by more CC. We didn’t have the CC we have then we’d be useless. Blind spam? Yeah I agree, but again do the fix for all classes that constantly throw out blinds.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

…………..Engineers. Really I am sad they intend to buff engi healing which is almost impossible to counter and so skilless and lame. Let us think about the lamo engi bunker builds:

really?
healing turret is skill-less?

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Yeah I even play engi and I can see them becoming extremely strong post dec 10th patch (Namely your standard bomb/nade build) after warriors and necros (the main counters) are chopped down a little. The nerfs – speedy kits and incendiary being moved – don’t even effect it that much, just kill build diversity.

I wouldn’t call engis “no skill” though. You try kit dancing properly and landing all your nades m8

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Yeah I even play engi and I can see them becoming extremely strong post dec 10th patch (Namely your standard bomb/nade build) after warriors and necros (the main counters) are chopped down a little. The nerfs – speedy kits and incendiary being moved – don’t even effect it that much, just kill build diversity.

I wouldn’t call engis “no skill” though. You try kit dancing properly and landing all your nades m8

Engineers are probably the most skill required class in the game on account of the apm required.

The patch will be interesting for sure. The inced and speedy kits nerf are pretty big. We relied so heavily on dodges to survive. I fear a ton of regen bomb build will be our mostly only viable build after the patch (in spvp atleast). There is P/P elixirs, but necromancers more than fill the role that build does. A backpack regen,bomb kit heal build may be the most viable option for us in tpvp. Still waitin on gadgets and turrets (make them useful in wvw/pve) though.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

lol yes healing turret is very strong. but rangers have a 10s waterfield( or whatever I didn’t care about ranger patch notes). Are you honestly complaining about our 2s engi field? Get over it.

Engi’s are in a good spot and the vigor nerf was needed. It will happen. Stop your complaining. There are far more important things to fix than engi’s atm. ( well the engi bugs/rng would b nice to fix)

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I have the same thread going about 100% up time concerning regen and some of the engi duration boons. I don’t mind the boons so much, they’re not passive and need to be combo field activated, but some of their tool belt skills give stacked boons that give near/if not 100% regen/50% swiftness/40% might/30% fury/100% vigor/100%swiftness in specific builds. So far I have a few defenders stating that all professions can do this. I have only really played 4 professions in depth and I don’t feel that response is accurate at all. It is not so much how many they can stack, it is the duration’s and how often they renew or can be recast.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Healing turret op? Consume conditions, shelter, healsig, hide in shadows, there´re so many equal of even better healskills in this game…

The only thing on bunker engis thats somehow over the top is the automated response, because it destroys whole builds just by passive, which is honestly a real bad skill design.

But healing turret? I would change to consume conditions without thinking about it if i could.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Engineers are probably the most skill required class in the game on account of the apm required.

I’d argue that Elementalists require more skill, largely due to the fact that they have such low base health/defenses that they’re constantly teetering on the edge of life or death (regardless of build). Most Ele abilities require perfect positioning and timing and they rely far more on evades than engineers (squishy squishy)…at least engi’s don’t have ridiculously long cooldowns separating all their kits :P

(edited by Wintel.4873)

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Did you kniw about thief clusterbombing the ranger steal? If anything is op it is that aoe 2k hps (heal and regen NOT included) combo.

It’s a 1320 heal, lying doesnt make your point any stronger.

Turret just needs a bigger cast time.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

2, The cast time on healing turret is too short not allowing any pros to counter play it
3, Multiple engis can blast into each others water fields and ruin everyones day
4, Engis just have to spec into a passive/no skill trait and then they cant be killed by condis
6, Bunker engi is just a no-skill spam build. It isnt fun to play against at all. At least a bunker guardian you can actually hit and kill eventually.

Please don’t nerf warrior dps, necro dps, and other damage and leave this engi heal the same or improve it. It is just lame.

Discuss.

Yes, well said. I don’t understand how people consider engi a skill-based class (at least the bunker types-builds).

I think these type of tanky builds with seemingly near spammable aoe condition damage are quite OP. Take your example of guardian- very hard to kill a bunker guardian, but I rarely feel pressured by them-that is balanced imo. Bunker engis on the other hand can kick your butt and take on 2 players-ie unbalanced.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Play engi first and we can talk again after you get facerolled a few times

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

The only thing that i would change on engi atm is AR trait , when they gonna nerf condi dmg on necro and engi will use that trait it will be imposible to kill him , ok i can agree for some counter traits/skills but this trait is basicly hard countering whole necros build THAT IS OP!

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Bunker Engi with Healing bombs is very skill-less for the amount of sustain it has, plus a smattering of nasty control and damage conditions against enemies means he contributes to the team fight without trying and can even win some 1v1’s because Condi classes can build bunkers that can kill in 1v1, unlike Power classes.

Most of the problems in this game and in balance come from the conditions we have in GW2. Too many conditions. Too many that ruin gameplay instead of enhancing it, the designers never watched the video “What is my skill like to play against? Is it fun?”
Conditions being able to build tanky while also doing great damage because of how condition damage and stats work is a broken mechanic.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Good far point assaulter engis are always been a pain in the kitten , forcing you to backup home in order to get your point back since they have tons of knockbacks and won’t die 1vs1…they will eventually decap even a bunker guardian in a decent time if they play good, you won’t die but you lost already and again you’ll need backup losing ppl from somewhere else…real problem is the insane amount of knockbacks + immobilize forcing you outside point rather than their raw healing (But they don’t need it buffed too)…they’re bunker after all and they’re supposed to hold 1vs1 for a really long time…but all those knockbacks are still a pain..the only “engi proof” point atm is gy…everything else is way too easy to decap with an engi atm if you don’t run every single stability you can just in order to counter it (Losing other important stuff leaving room for other specs to get you)

Bunker guard’s point of view…with shatter mesmer and no stability you can’t even try to defend home vs decap engi, just wasting your time…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Bunker Engi with Healing bombs is very skill-less for the amount of sustain it has, plus a smattering of nasty control and damage conditions against enemies means he contributes to the team fight without trying and can even win some 1v1’s because Condi classes can build bunkers that can kill in 1v1, unlike Power classes.

Most of the problems in this game and in balance come from the conditions we have in GW2. Too many conditions. Too many that ruin gameplay instead of enhancing it, the designers never watched the video “What is my skill like to play against? Is it fun?”
Conditions being able to build tanky while also doing great damage because of how condition damage and stats work is a broken mechanic.

Well, healing bombs don’t work well with condis, because you should spam bomb 1. And the whole healing bomb thing is kinda overrated. Most effective engi bunker builds don’t even use bombs.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I don’t think it’s that bad since you can push them off point.

But I really have a problem with this games sustain, and sometimes sustain to damage ratio. old D/D Ele, Rangers, Warriors, Necros being the biggest culprits sure these things can be countered but a lot of the time the panicle of unskilled play abuse the no risk high reward when high risk/reward doesn’t compare in anyway and to many people roll the mindless stuff with to much reward for doing so.

I have no problems with Regen builds but there needs to be something given up for it, be it damage or over all tankyness.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

^ Bringing Engineer healing up? The only thing that is even related to ‘healing’ is:

Inventions XI – Elixir Infused bombs. Increased healing scaling by 50%. All those PvP and WvW Engineers sitting still, spamming Bomb Kit 1 and healing 250 a bomb, amirite. The problem with using these outside of PvE is that you have a better chance of surviving if you are using all of your skills and moving instead of ignoring them to divert all your efforts into channeling 250 healing per second. Still a disappointing trait for PvP combat.

^ It does. Yep. 19020 per minute. Among the top 5 heals in the game for sure. Not the best healing per minute, but it’s on the high end and sacrifices some healing for condition removal. IE: Healing Signet is like, +20% more healing per minute, without condition removal, but without any effort involved.

^ I get Interrupted all the time, casting Healing Turret. But yeah, it’s more a result of rando interrupts – you can’t react to an animation and snipe interrupt a .5 cast before it gets off – unless you’re a robot. The problem is that if you increase the cast time on Healing Turret, you still have to go through the cast and wait for the thing to overcharge. Slippery slope.

^ This rarely happens in sPvP, WvW perhaps – also, if you pick up Healing Turret, which I routinely do, the Water field is pulled right out from under your ‘multiple engis’ who are blasting.

^ You aren’t doing it right. To be unkillable by conditions, the Engineer needs like, Elixir C, and tons of vitality in order to sit in the Automated Response HP range. Then you can say ‘that Engi is unkillable to conditions 1v1’ lol. If you just tack on Automated Response to a regular build, you really just have to start loading them up at 40% in order to bypass the Trait – make sure you know their Condition Removal timers – if they can remove conditions while in Automated Response range, ya dun goofd.

^ The Engineer I think that touched you in a bad place was like, Pistol Shield / Settler’s Amulet / Bombs, Elixir Gun, Flamethrower. Indeed there is the: Shield 4, Flamethrower 3, and Big Ol’ Bomb for their lame BS. For blinds, they have Static Shot, Smoke Bomb, and Smoke Vent. Let’s be real here, all of these blinds and knockbacks besides Static Shot blind are melee range, 300 range or lower.

^ If you’re a “no-skill spammer”, actually, you’ll have a much easier time trying to survive as a Guardian. There’s definitely a lot less you have to master in order to stay alive. Basically, an Engineer bunker has to pull off high actions-per-minute across 3-4 weapon sets while in melee range with multiple enemies, without a lick of stability. Hope you have good situational awareness and are good at dodging CC, because one stun, and all those vital actions you need to be doing get backlogged pretty quick. Engineers sustain for long times in small fights, and crumble to multiple Enemies with CC. Guardians laugh at CC, and mitigate fire from multiple attackers better but have overall less sustain.

^ That’s a funny way of saying ‘opinion’. Here’s a fact: Engineer Bunkers get significantly less use than the Bunker or Support Guardians do. In PvP, WvW or PvE. Players will always flock to the easiest and most effective.

Discuss.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

…………..Engineers. Really I am sad they intend to buff engi healing which is almost impossible to counter

“Character: Duchess Henrietta. Necromancer”

As necro you are the engineers hard counter. I literally never fought an engineer that i consistantly struggled with as necro. The only way to win for them is catching you without lifeforce as powerbuild (and interupt/launch lock you from 100-0%). If you lose anything besides that you got outplayed.

Bunker engi is just a no-skill spam build. It isnt fun to play against at all. At least a bunker guardian you can actually hit and kill eventually.

I played pretty much every single class extensively in spvp. 37% of those games where on necro….and its probably in the top 2-3 of easiest professions to be good at. While engineer is one of the harder classes, if not the hardest.

The condi damage/pressure from scepter 1 spam is comparable to the condi damage of multiple grenades or all pistol mainhand abbilities combined. So whiile engineers need to land multiple skillshots to do decent damage and apply consistent poison debuffs. As necro we can spam an autoattack that provides an almost guaranteed 100% uptime on poison. and applies an automatically stacking bleed debuff.

Necro is a lot easier to play and a lot more spammy. The only down side to necros is that they have less mobility. So they whont get away from groups of people in wvw or spvp.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

1, Healing turret gives Spike healing for a short CD by equipping utilities and weapons sets with a large amount of Blast Finshers, which have to be actively used.
2, The cast time on healing turret is the same as Ranger Healing Spring. Thief Withdraw is instant.
3, Multiple engis can blast into each others water fields and Eles/Rangers can set up water fields for a 20+ group to blast into as well, and with consistently longer fields
4, Engis have to spec into a passive trait that procs at 25% hp and does not remove applied condi’s, and moreover becomes very vulnerable to any spike damage
5, Engis has so many knock backs, blinds and blocks as they lack ports, invulns and good stunbreaks. It is a class feature.
6, Bunker engi is spammy. But you have to know what to use when, and usually it’s more about spamming blast finishers in the 2 second Healing Turret field. At least a bunker guardian you can actually hit and kill eventually, because Bunker Guards with Shouts are more group support than sustain. Engis can sustain better in a low-condi environment, but do not have the utility in a team fight due to the lack of a skill called “Stand Your Ground!” and various team condi wipe options.

You are not happy about a player building for survival actually surviving based on countering the things that can make him dead?

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

1, Healing turret gives Spike healing for a short CD by equipping utilities and weapons sets with a large amount of Blast Finshers, which have to be actively used.
2, The cast time on healing turret is the same as Ranger Healing Spring. Thief Withdraw is instant.
3, Multiple engis can blast into each others water fields and Eles/Rangers can set up water fields for a 20+ group to blast into as well, and with consistently longer fields
4, Engis have to spec into a passive trait that procs at 25% hp and does not remove applied condi’s, and moreover becomes very vulnerable to any spike damage
5, Engis has so many knock backs, blinds and blocks as they lack ports, invulns and good stunbreaks. It is a class feature.
6, Bunker engi is spammy. But you have to know what to use when, and usually it’s more about spamming blast finishers in the 2 second Healing Turret field. At least a bunker guardian you can actually hit and kill eventually, because Bunker Guards with Shouts are more group support than sustain. Engis can sustain better in a low-condi environment, but do not have the utility in a team fight due to the lack of a skill called “Stand Your Ground!” and various team condi wipe options.

You are not happy about a player building for survival actually surviving based on countering the things that can make him dead?

Im not happy them surviving in such a no skill way. Automated response is particularly frustrating. Imagine in battlefield 4 if you could take a trait which said “Cannot be killed by tanks”. I woulda thought all the tank commanders would be pretty kitten ed. A least berzerker stance runs out and then I can kill warriors (if I am lucky), automated response is just always there annoying everyone. I am fine people surviving on countering things. But not if this “countering” just involves selecting a trait prior to the game.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Im not happy them surviving in such a no skill way. Automated response is particularly frustrating. Imagine in battlefield 4 if you could take a trait which said “Cannot be killed by tanks”. I woulda thought all the tank commanders would be pretty kitten ed. A least berzerker stance runs out and then I can kill warriors (if I am lucky), automated response is just always there annoying everyone. I am fine people surviving on countering things. But not if this “countering” just involves selecting a trait prior to the game.

“No Skill” is a very subjective thing and I urge you to not put it in discussion; it is merely opinion, yours and mine, and shouldn’t be put in a convincing argument.

Automated Response kicks in at 25% and counters Conditions in that range. You would be sitting at around 4k-6k health and although Conditions will not be able to affect them, there are 2 ways to counter.

1. Count out their heal and Condi spike at around 40% so that conditions tick inside the trait. 4k to 6k is nothing if you get decent stacks of bleeding/burning along with a Terror spike.
2. Have a player with a class/build bringing decent power spike to get rid of the 4-6k health.

Without a build running Settler/Shaman/Cleric excessively the Vitality and Healing Power won’t be enough to sustain such a build because of that low threshold. The Engi brings no damage threat to the table and solely provides AoE healing sustain.

It is true that having a “hard counter” to condition builds will be unsatisfying to the condi player, but imagine the other way round, the Engi would be annoyed too, if every time he sees a Necro he’s toast. I would like to remind you that besides Healing Turret giving a maximum of 2 Condi Removed/15 Seconds, Engi has no active means of removing significant amounts of Conditions, and require significant investment into Vitality to compensate.

In my experience as an Engineer running tourneys in Bomb/Nade, Necro is one of the last classes I want to see invading/defending a point, and I have to abuse LoS and control to survive, and even then disengagement is the better choice.

Please look at Chaith’s post, I believe it to be a well thought-out explanation. Please also read the modification I made of your post.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Lordrosicky.5813 is never tired to make another “op this” or “nerf this” thread.

cant understand why ppl still click on his threads

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

It’s a 1320 heal, lying doesnt make your point any stronger.

Turret just needs a bigger cast time.

It seems to me that the skill can be case MORE than once per second, which is why I bring the number up to 2k. 1.3k (no healing power) 1.5x per second is 1.95k, I’ll let you do the rounding.

Please take a minute to attempt to understand someone else’s view before you call someone a liar. It just makes you look like an idiot.

Ranger | Elementalist

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

…………..Engineers. Really I am sad they intend to buff engi healing which is almost impossible to counter

As necro you are the engineers hard counter. I literally never fought an engineer that i consistantly struggled with as necro. The only way to win for them is catching you without lifeforce as powerbuild (and interupt/launch lock you from 100-0%). If you lose anything besides that you got outplayed.

Bunker engi is just a no-skill spam build. It isnt fun to play against at all. At least a bunker guardian you can actually hit and kill eventually.

I played pretty much every single class extensively in spvp. 37% of those games where on necro….and its probably in the top 2-3 of easiest professions to be good at. While engineer is one of the harder classes, if not the hardest.

The condi damage/pressure from scepter 1 spam is comparable to the condi damage of multiple grenades or all pistol mainhand abbilities combined. So whiile engineers need to land multiple skillshots to do decent damage and apply consistent poison debuffs. As necro we can spam an autoattack that provides an almost guaranteed 100% uptime on poison. and applies an automatically stacking bleed debuff.

Necro is a lot easier to play and a lot more spammy. The only down side to necros is that they have less mobility. So they whont get away from groups of people in wvw or spvp.

u forget about one thin , necro will be nerfed , his condi dmg , amount of condis will be reduced , thats why i think AR trait need to be reworked , u cant take one trait to hard counter whole build this is just OP. I know that necro can kill engi very easy but what about bunker engis using AR + elx C??

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

u forget about one thin , necro will be nerfed , his condi dmg , amount of condis will be reduced , thats why i think AR trait need to be reworked , u cant take one trait to hard counter whole build this is just OP. I know that necro can kill engi very easy but what about bunker engis using AR + elx C??

Sigil of geomancy, won’t be nerfed, so i dunno about “overall” condi damage being reduced.

Necro is getting a trait with more CD and 1 less bleed on mark of blood, ALL NECRO PLAYERS know it’s not a big deal.

This without accounting Chill of death treshold buff (HUGE BUFF, beyond ridicolous).

Engis are slightly Op, they didn’t even suffer war meta because engis have been the strongest PvP class for months.

AR is cheese and should be changed, but that’s about it.

@Henry

Dude you’re crazy.

Engi is the most skill requiring prof in this game. It may be OP ( it is) but pls don’t say bullkitten like " engi is a spam class" because it’s simply not true.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Signet of spite + corrupt boon. To make it very easy, use signet of spite when the engineer is at about 40% health, then fear, corrupt boon (if he uses a stunbreak and elixir C), fear—>engineer is dead. Necro vs. condi engineer is possibly the most lopsided matchup in the game atm, and if a necro loses a duel to an engineer it’s not because of passive traits.

I would love to see more bunker engineers in the game, they’re easily the most interesting bunker builds with a ton of trade-offs and counterplay. For example, a bunker engineer without elixir C is incredibly weak to conditions. However, if you take elixir C you’ll have very little else.

Basically, all bunker engineers get high active healing (there is one master trait that heals for between 120-175/second depending on healing power, but the rest of the healing is active). Then they can choose one of the following: downed state control, condition removal, CC, or an extra block.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Is it already that time of the month for Henry’s whine thread about something that counters his class?

On a serious note: it’s called rock-paper-scissors balance. Sure, it’s not perfect (far from it, probably), but it could allow to shake the meta
Your team has trouble facing another team that runs with an AR Engi? maybe bring a burst class to kill it, since AR does jack kitten against direct damage. Stuff like that.

Also, as other people have stated, it’s still possible to kill an engi with conditions, you just have to use them smartly. It’s the same thing that happened with immortal eles after all, just wait for their water attunement to be on cd and burst those 14k hps down.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Is it already that time of the month for Henry’s whine thread about something that counters his class?

On a serious note: it’s called rock-paper-scissors balance. Sure, it’s not perfect (far from it, probably), but it could allow to shake the meta
Your team has trouble facing another team that runs with an AR Engi? maybe bring a burst class to kill it, since AR does jack kitten against direct damage. Stuff like that.

Also, as other people have stated, it’s still possible to kill an engi with conditions, you just have to use them smartly. It’s the same thing that happened with immortal eles after all, just wait for their water attunement to be on cd and burst those 14k hps down.

That’s only partially true. Burst builds that are melee (dagger necro) that rely on conditions chill/immob/snare to keep on the enemy in order to do damage and has low mobility otherwise actually have a horrible time with AR too. Hell the anti-cc is the worst part about this trait imo.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

The only thing to really complain about with Engis would be the nearly impossible to interrupt healing turret, but Guardian Shelter and Thief Withdraw are also difficult/impossible to interrupt, so it’s fine.

#ELEtism

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Personally I hate thief Withdraw. Not because its healing is off the chain but its both a semi-cc break+instant heal with an evade is a bit much for a heal. But then again, maybe they need it.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

Discuss.

Engineers have very little by way of stability, which makes them vulnerable to CC.

I agree we do have strong heals. Healing turret and medkit are both very strong in their own ways, and with automated response make engineers very hard to kill. It’s not no skill though – you have to juggle and time skill use, and have to pay close attention to position. Unlike guardian, you can’t just plant yourself in the centre of a node and refuse to move. You also have to use your own CC to buy cast time against people who can interrupt you.

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

That’s only partially true. Burst builds that are melee (dagger necro) that rely on conditions chill/immob/snare to keep on the enemy in order to do damage and has low mobility otherwise actually have a horrible time with AR too. Hell the anti-cc is the worst part about this trait imo.

For burst builds I was not referring to necro only…you know, team game and all that kitten.
If one trait from one class manages to counter your WHOLE team, than there is something wrong. With your team composition.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

OP PvP healing from....

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Actually after thinking it over I’d love to see AR nerfed. Without it, maybe we could get a nerf or counter to necro condition flips and consume conditions, which make dueling a necro on a condi engineer literally impossible. I don’t think 100% hard counters are very healthy for this game.

I’d gladly give up the “hard counter” of AR (well hard counter to scepter auto that is) in exchange for even slightly less 1v1 imbalance between the two professions.