Paid Tournaments will be available soon...

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Really? All these promises of paids coming on October 22nd, and then you sneak in the patch notes that it won’t be available. When is soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Dragonskin.7854

Dragonskin.7854

link to notes please? I cannot see them

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

in PvP

Posted by: Peechez.4195

Peechez.4195

You have your whole life to play paid tournies, <24 hours wont kill you

Canada / Sneaky / Undead Meese
Mesmer / Thief / Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Aetarius.2734

Aetarius.2734

Thanks for spending time coloring the heart of the mists green. Don’t know how I could have PVP’d without it.

in PvP

Posted by: RapBreon.9836

RapBreon.9836

As hilarious as that was. I gotta admit, leading us to believe paid tournies were coming out with this patch then not coming out as the patch lands is terribly slack.

People stayed up to play these tournies as soon as possible only to find out that they waited for nothing.

I’m not even mad that they didn’t come, I’m mad that Anet, despite their espousing of ‘transparency’ decide to not inform us that we won’t be getting what we (the PvP) community, desperately want.

I understand issues arise, it doesn’t stop us from being rather…disgruntled by the lack of communication, which was 1 line in the middle of a huge patch-note list.

in PvP

RapBreon.9836

It’s not about that, it’s about their inability to communicate to an apparently important part of their community, the competitive PvPers.

(edited by RapBreon.9836)

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

oh it’s gonna be alright, jon is already starting to write a new blogpost

it will be posted when it’s ready! stay tuned guyz

in PvP

RapBreon.9836

Last time they said that, we waited a week +, sure we get the information, the problem is the speed at which we get it.

I’m just glad I wasn’t one of the people who stayed up for paid.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

They have to see first , if they succefully fixed the Guardians Protector’s Strike expoit + Warriors Bladetrail (soon) and some hopefully fix other classes like Necro :P

(Enginners : Cleansing Formula 409 desnt work with Toolbelt Healing Mist + Exilir 4th leaping attack)

in PvP

RapBreon.9836

They have to see first , if they succefully fixed the Guardians Protector’s Strike expoit + Warriors Bladetrail (soon) and some hopefully fix other classes like Necro :P

(Enginners : Cleansing Formula 409 desnt work with Toolbelt Healing Mist + Exilir 4th leaping attack)

And I’m totally cool with that, but if their intention is to do this, tell us before the patch lands. That’s all I’m asking for, some communication and transparency.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Thanks for spending time coloring the heart of the mists green. Don’t know how I could have PVP’d without it.

Hey guess what, paid tournaments are not out yet and yet you still PvP. Stop complaining.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprinkles.6748

Sprinkles.6748

As hilarious as that was. I gotta admit, leading us to believe paid tournies were coming out with this patch then not coming out as the patch lands is terribly slack.

People stayed up to play these tournies as soon as possible only to find out that they waited for nothing.

Staying up and waiting for something to go live on a major online game is a really bad move. I know mostly everything else in the game was patched smoothly. But those people sitting around waiting for the event to start were potentially wasting their time.

http://www.pwnzerfaust.com/ – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Red.7235

Red.7235

They even put trees on the spots i like to stand on in the mist =[

in PvP

RapBreon.9836

Staying up and waiting for something to go live on a major online game is a really bad move. I know mostly everything else in the game was patched smoothly. But those people sitting around waiting for the event to start were potentially wasting their time.

It doesn’t matter if you agree with the choice made by someone else or not and whether you see it as a potential waste of time (what isn’t?).

The fact of the matter was and is, they were given information acted on it as they are committed and passionate and were not informed of the changes.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

dONT forget this update is coming in segments

this is only the first part

even in pve there is act i, ii, etc

in PvP

Posted by: Prince.3682

Prince.3682

I see now. So anet resources were being consumed by making holiday events. Well that’s alright, now that that is out of the way they can focus on things on substance.

Oh wait, now they have to prep for Thanksgiving events, but then we’ll get core pvp functions in place.

Oh wait, don’t forget xmas. PVP content coming ‘when it’s ready’ sometime in 2013.

Really disheartening.

in PvP

Sprinkles.6748

Has everyone even read on the blog that because of the changes made to tournaments and everything they are just using free tournies as a test before activating paid.

“They are taking precaution, WTF?!”

in PvP

Sprinkles.6748

Not to worry, you will be able to lose all of your tourney tickets as soon as they know the new ui is stable enough to switch it on.

in PvP

Posted by: hazey.6295

hazey.6295

It’s not about that, it’s about their inability to communicate to an apparently important part of their community, the competitive PvPers.

It’s quite sad that they’ve lost a huge part of their competitive PvPers back to other games now and I doubt they’ll come back. Why tease paid tournaments during beta then wait this long to add them to the game? Huge mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Yep another fail by A.Net. Said they would have paid on the 22 and nope. Not only that but no real fixes for the Necro.

Setnnex-Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Pvp’ers haven’t left.
Someone will post a screenshot of full pvp servers and all will be fine.

I think they should indeed hurry uip with the paid tournaments.
But at the same time I would like some adjustments to the other forms of pvp as well, if they don’t mind spending time on something that isn’t ‘paid’…

Spvp needs variety, a better point system, new game modes, different player numbers, etc.

tpvp needs to seperate pugs from premades.
Because else you’ll get all the pro teams from the paid tournament running their test comps in tpvp, and pugs will be facing them.
This will ultimately discourage pugs from entering at all (already happening).

So it’s good that people aren’t leaving, as those screenshots will prove. Else we would be in trouble soon.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

You have your whole life to play paid tournies, <24 hours wont kill you

who said it will be delayed by 24 hours? there is only “comming soon” last time something was cooming soon it was almost 3 weeks we were waiting for PvP blo post.

sorry but these terms like “when is ready” and “comming soon” are getting more and more annoying as they only reflect .. wait.. do they even reflect something? no.. they are just placeholders in order to tell us something

in PvP

Posted by: Aetarius.2734

Aetarius.2734

yea really looking forward to thanksgiving and christmas tbh

wonder what other color schemes they have in mind for those holidays

in PvP

Posted by: Vayyy.5420

Vayyy.5420

LOL at OP, but i mean its pretty obvious why they don’t want to release the paid tournies the same day as the Halloween patch.

They want their players to be spending real money to convert into gems. With paid tournies out right when these things release, everyone will just try to farm paid tournies and not convert rl money into gems.

I’m 100% sure paid tournies are all done and fine to go, its just that they’ll release it when they think people that will spend rl money on gems have finish spending the money.

Ava – Chieftain Ninjas

in PvP

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

The PvP team is making sure that the tournament servers are stable before turning on paid tournaments. Paid tournaments will be turned on as soon as the PvP Team has evaluated stability and is satisfied that things are working well. Thanks for your understanding.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

LOL at OP, but i mean its pretty obvious why they don’t want to release the paid tournies the same day as the Halloween patch.

They want their players to be spending real money to convert into gems. With paid tournies out right when these things release, everyone will just try to farm paid tournies and not convert rl money into gems.

I’m 100% sure paid tournies are all done and fine to go, its just that they’ll release it when they think people that will spend rl money on gems have finish spending the money.

I somehow doubt paid tournaments will be ‘paid’ by those tickets only.
At a certain point they will run out.

You only have 2 options than:
1. pro pvp’ers need to do normal tpvp for tickets again.

2. tickets can be bought for gems as well.

I expect to see a pvp blog shopping list again soon, with buyable tickets or something.

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

The PvP team is making sure that the tournament servers are stable before turning on paid tournaments. Paid tournaments will be turned on as soon as the PvP Team has evaluated stability and is satisfied that things are working well. Thanks for your understanding.

From beta till now.
Still not stable?

I’m stretching the sarcasm of course.
I do understand hardware must be ready and all that.
But why does this reply make me feel even more like I’m playing a beta phase of a pvp game?

in PvP

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Issues may crop up in a live environment that developers did not anticipate or encounter during testing in a closed environment. The team tests things as much as they can before a game update goes live, but unforeseen bugs may crop up.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

in PvP

Posted by: cocaftw.4279

cocaftw.4279

Well it doesnt change the fact, that u gave us a release date of paid tournaments but u couldnt hold the time. Well ok, can happen, but telling us “comming soon” is the worst think u can probably do. “comming soon” can be in few hours/days/months and thats anyoing as hell.

I dont know what major issues apeard on the paid tournamens, cuz u dont give any infos about it. Right now there is just room for specualtions, which arent good for Arenanet….

Like it already started “No paid tournaments cuz gem farming for halloween stuff, they just want us to pay real money”.

I just wonder when Arenanet will give us infos about the status…. cant be that hard since arenanet working on paid tournaments since beta (at least they said so).

I honestly dont think they are comming out today with a minifix or w/e but I hope for arenanet that they enable them tomorow or give us more details about the status.

And the fact that many pvpers already left is true, there is nothing to discuss about it. But they will also come back with new content. And since everyone is actualy waiting for custem areas, we need at least the paid tournaments rly fast to bridge the time…. (my opinion)

OnibawaN Varee

in PvP

Posted by: Vayyy.5420

Vayyy.5420

thanks for trying to appease the pvp crowd regina, but not giving any solid information about a certain release date or anything for sure, really tests our patience.

since the promised pvp blog, and now the paid tournies, its hard to believe anything ANET says. Even if they say that its ready, and will be coming on a certain date.

On a side note, i think putting a balance patch together with a content patch isn’t a good idea (especially with a new tournament structure). Due to the fact that teams would be practising their line up for the previous content patch, and not the new one?
This down time would allow teams to familiarize themselves with the current patch i guess….

Ava – Chieftain Ninjas

in PvP

Posted by: Niamak.7150

Niamak.7150

So when is it ready ?

in PvP

Prince.3682

Issues crop up in a live environment? I’m sorry but what are you talking about? The feature has never been live. I could understand if the feature went live and people were crashing from queues or whatever but it hasn’t.

I just can’t understand. We’re talking about a really long time here to fix something that is basically a tiny variation of a system working fine. Paid tournaments vs Free tournaments… what is different? Its the same in function except different rewards and can’t solo queue, right? Same type of reward structure, same type of map rotation, no complex rating system to worry about.

Feels like the feature is being held back intentionally at this point or bugs being an excuse for it being delayed for higher priority critical content additions, like adding pumpkins and crap to the mists. Fluff before substance basically.

in PvP

Posted by: Ensifer.3506

Ensifer.3506

@Prince, if you actually go and do a free tournament as of right now you would know why paid tournaments are currently not available. I mean it may be due to 90% of the games being played 1-5 peoples clients are crashing throughout the match, I dunno about you but id rather they wait to release it if the competitive scene is going to be whichever team dc’s more wins.

- Team Chain Reaction -

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

With all respect Regina, are we talking days, weeks or month?

I would more accept a message from you guys telling something like: “Ok, right before last testing we faced a critical issue that we have to solve. Due to this we can´t make it on time and therefore it will be delayed by 2-3-6 days.”

“Soon” is not enough due to last “soon” was more than 2 weeks of waiting without any response or very small response. And once again while i agree you maybe dont know exactly how long you need to fix.. i would anyway appreciate just to know.. something went wrong badly.

in PvP

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

I really am starting to think that PvP in GW2 doesn’t matter to ANet, they said they wanted esports, yet that will never happen if they carry on like this. Absolutely 0 PvP content, yet PvE gets all the new events and jumping puzzles, pathetic balances even after they’ve said they want to change the meta away from bunkers and no decent information at all about when we will get changes that were promised…..After 4yrs of waiting for a game and having all this disappointment is not good, I’m close to just giving up.

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

@Prince, if you actually go and do a free tournament as of right now you would know why paid tournaments are currently not available. I mean it may be due to 90% of the games being played 1-5 peoples clients are crashing throughout the match, I dunno about you but id rather they wait to release it if the competitive scene is going to be whichever team dc’s more wins.

- Team Chain Reaction -

Had a fun game versus ALFA earlier today, I think at the end of the game most people’s score was around 10-20 due to constant crashes (not DC’s, crashes). It was not even fun, and was borderline ridiculous. I will be the first to admit that I am very impatient with PvP releases but I do believe they made the right call this time to delay the release.

Sidenote: Thank you for finally fixing Kylo’s bug on the middle point for throwing traps, that and the block bug fix really made my day. Post patch it was fun to see how fast those guardians were falling that were near immovable objects before.

in PvP

Prince.3682

@Ensifer
If I actually go to a tournament? Don’t assume too much; I would bet a lot that I’ve got more tournaments under my belt than you and I would say the state is not perfect but functional and passable. In fact I would say if you had a few more matches under your belt you’d be as impatient as me.

As you pointed out free tournaments aren’t optimal, although they are available so you can say they are ‘ready™’ since they were released – anet only releases stuff that is ready afterall…. but its clearly not really ‘ready’. But at least they are there and we can make the best of it.

I’m just saying put the features in sooner rather than later and tweak along the way. Paid tournaments and rating can’t come soon enough. Those should have been a part of the ‘ready’ package at launch imo.

(edited by Prince.3682)

in PvP

Posted by: neneh.8951

neneh.8951

Anet wants an e-sport game….well, yesterday, in twitch.tv, mario kart 64 has more viewers than GW2….dont sleep Anet, or maybe ur e-sport game never comes up….

All ppl waiting for 22 Oct, now can see how inestable is this sPvP, and how u only think on ur PvE ppl…

P.D: remember, the authentic ppl playing this game are the PvP ppl from GW1, dont forguet it..

in PvP

Posted by: juanma.9813

juanma.9813

+1000 neneh

But maybe Anet is forgetting us (PvP players of GW1), and they’re only interested in PvE, then this game will die in 1 month.

in PvP

Posted by: shiNn.2571

shiNn.2571

gw1 ppl like u and me aren’t “better” ppl then others.
why?
We paid 60€ and the other paid 60€. In this case we are all the same for Anet/NCsoft.

Mighty Shinn
Jealous Much [JM]

in PvP

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

gw1 ppl like u and me aren’t “better” ppl then others.
why?
We paid 60€ and the other paid 60€. In this case we are all the same for Anet/NCsoft.

If we’re all the same, why have PvP’ers got 0 content?

There’s probably at least 10x more ANet staff working on PvE then there is for PvP, just look at the red posts on this forum, 99% have been directed towards PvE…it’s very clear that PvP is not important to Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

The announcement spvp paid tournaments were to attract the massive player base that we lost to WoW panda.

I know of over 10+ personally that are rank 20+ (2 are rank 30+) that signed on at 6pm eastern….then 8pm eastern….then midnight…and still no paid tournaments. They will probably not come back if tournaments are added today even. I am sure this situation is not as small as the 10+ that I know of.

The problem is not that it is taking this long to produce the spvp Anet told us would be out with release. The problem is that the announce things and when it comes time to “show us the money”, they decide they will stress test/debug the update/patch right before and then tell us it’s not ready. Meanwhile WoW took advantage of the lack of quality/structured PvP in GW2 and took back most of their player base and even took some from GW2 that had not played WoW before. This is very poorly planned on behalf of Anet.

My personal opinion, is that they have a lot of new employees; many of which do not understand testing before announcing. This is not limited to MMO’s/Devs/Video games, this is very common business logic; do not promise something if you are not sure if you can deliver (IE Test new update/patch thoroughly with more than just a handful of devs, once confirmed everything works, THEN you announce it)

Flame away

(While we are at it where is GvG, the most successful PvP model coming from Gw1)

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: aexy.8370

aexy.8370

Even tho’ I dislike the fact that the Game is not ready for eSport yet I HATE the stupid arguments about people leaving to other games and so on.

Don’t get me wrong. I myself also had issues/problems concerning other games when it comes to these topics. Let’s say LoL. There was a time (basically constantly) where people would rage about the game not being balanced and that there’s no spectator mode and stuff like that which you hear people crying here aswell. Remember LoL is probably the biggest eSport right now and thousands watch streams every day.

They keyword to the solution of most peoples problems is: Be patient.

Don’t make Anet HURRY stuff. They are doing their job just fine. (They listen to balance [watch todays patch] – they talk to the community [blog posts]
It won’t help GW2 to grow eSports wise.
Start streaming, advertise it at your friends. Make videos about it. You know, it’s all about the community. YOU make the game/eSport. Aslong as they ARE DOING things you should just be patient.

Okay, there’s stuff thats not implemented (YET). Talkin’ about rankings/aims who keep casuals busy and help professionals become popular. These things definitely miss.

But as i said and I want this to be clear. The community is THE eSport.

Don’t get me wrong – Keep posting constructive criticsim. Don’t make Anet rush the implementations by posting impatient rageposts tho.

Have a nice day

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Please be patient! The paid tournaments will be released when the PvP is balanced, bug free, and thoroughly tested by the PvP Development Team. The anticipated Paid Tournament PvP Launch date is Summer of 2019. Just before the expected release of Guild Wars 3, a PvE Only Progression Based Game.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

GW1 GvG successful? WTF? i can’t see on twitch.

in PvP

Posted by: cocaftw.4279

cocaftw.4279

“But as i said and I want this to be clear. The community is THE eSport.”

This is not even true. eSports is competetive playing and there is no competetive playing yet. Even paid tournaments wont bring competetive cuz eSports requiere a Ladder or Custem Areas (What is comming “soon”)
About other games, idk about other games.
I just want better teams to fight and there is a litter higher chance in paid to not meet pugs the whole time.
The kitten about gems via paidtournaments is just bad. Paid tournaments should be (at least as long as there are no paid tournaments) for premade grps only,sp without gems and not pugs. And since everyone want gems we will see as many pugs in paid as in free…. As soon as they got custem arenas they can add gems to paid tournamets.
I know its abit out of this disscusion here, but i think most of the ppl here are crying there is no paidtournament cuz they want gems. (ofc not all but most of them).

But at least i agree that they should hold theire time line if they say 22nd Paid tournament since weeks and just added it days ago to test it, its for sure that its going to delayd and not open for everyone, only on theire test servers or w/e.

And the fact that they just say “comming soon we are working on it” is (sry but i need to say it like this) is yerking me off.

And one more thing, kitten about balacing. The way it goes like no rly tanky cuz every casual is crying about guardian ph OPOPOP is so bad. That arenanet react on this is just bad. but w/e, paid tournamets for premade only and they already deal with this kitten about balanceing and they dont care.

OnibawaN Varee

(edited by cocaftw.4279)

in PvP

Posted by: aexy.8370

aexy.8370

Well – let’s say you have good mechanics, spectator mode, rankings and so on.
But all PvP is about would be Paid Tournaments and stuff like that with the good teams only.
Thus no place for casuals, random groups etc.

So, who is going to watch the streams if theres no casuals trying to improve in the game? Exactly – noone.

The game needs the community, as easy as that. That’s why I wrote Community equals eSport. But w/e.

in PvP

Posted by: shalmont.2539

shalmont.2539

oh it’s gonna be alright, jon is already starting to write a new blogpost

it will be posted when it’s ready! stay tuned guyz

hahahaha! true, the blog will be up soon (as in 3 weeks for a page of more soonness)

(hope you dont get an infraction for what you posted, it made me laugh big time, they have some sort of EXTREME forum regime going on. )

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

@Aexy I don’t even know how you came across the idea that there would be nothing for casuals and random groups if they implemented ratings. If there were ratings those groups would play against people with close to the same ratings, allowing casuals to play each other and the good teams to play each other which is what everyone wants.

Yet you somehow take that piece of information and say that there would be no place for casuals. Please have some idea of what you are discussing before posting.