in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

join the NWO and all will be fine

Pax Prime and Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I suppose that’s a little reassuring, thanks allie. I’ll go and continue my QQ in the ranger forum ‘cos I’m thinking this isn’t the right thread for that :p

Haha no…. I mean it’s nice to get a response but, that’s a game-wide issue you were right in bringing up, and instead of recognizing it as one… the focus goes immediately back to “sure we’ll tweak a few more things to make this Tournament smoother”.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

I suppose that’s a little reassuring, thanks allie. I’ll go and continue my QQ in the ranger forum ‘cos I’m thinking this isn’t the right thread for that :p

Haha no…. I mean it’s nice to get a response but, that’s a game-wide issue you were right in bringing up, and instead of recognizing it as one… the focus goes immediately back to “sure we’ll tweak a few more things to make this Tournament smoother”.

there is nowhere the right thread…
most of community dont care about rangers, yes most of them even hate the ranger class, because when it have one time a little place (just a “ok we can also take a ranger for our team” place) on tournys, nearly the full community begins with hard whining.

yes beastmaster is a silly build, but this shows how bad designed the ranger is…
rangers need to use a shaman build, nearly every class can do such bunker builds,
but the ranger have a npc who make dmg for him… wow, gg on design for a RANGER, maybe rename it to zookeeper.

and before the last patch nerf for ranger, it was allrdy not hard to play against such shaman ranger builds, when the enemy team have run a bomb engin…

when rangers try to go damage builds, just nothing work.
not condition and also not dps…
i dont whant stupid pew pew builds, but finaly ONE working dps ranger build and ONE working condition dmg build with an other amu then shaman-.-
with working i speak about when a team can say “YES we take a ranger, because he is good in this and this”

atm its like when we see a ranger with longbow: oh freekill, noob ranger
if we see a ranger with longsword: oh freekill, noob ranger

when face a trapper ranger something like 10/30/30/0/0 its also not a dangerous feeling as when i face a bomb engin, this builds run the kittening same amulet and the bomb engin is so much stronger because he can do so much more amazing things-.-

if we see a shaman amu… beastmaster ranger or spirit ranger atm, its:
“oh ok, thats maybe a good ranger player”
but there is in my mind much more better option for 5. player then a ranger atm.

i dont know, but just one look into ranger forum says all…
more then 75% of rangers looks rly not happy on pve, wvw and pvp.

and no, ranger players dont whant reroll, much of the skills are fun to play, but just
the most builds which sounds good in theory, are totaly crap in practise

sry again for offtopic, cant stop write out sadness :P

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Try spirit ranger, it’s more than viable.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I think “major” is a relative term. We will have some changes to help this tournament run smoothly, and to give you guys options when selecting your team comp.

Warrior?

Please?

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Oidmetala.8426

what?
its viable, but for sure not more.

and its also not a amazing build, its decent
not more…
when we form a team, i dont see a good spot for ranger atm instead of any other profession

(edited by Oidmetala.8426)

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

what?
its viable, but for sure not more.

and its also not a amazing build, its decent
not more…
when we form a team we dont see a good spot for ranger atm instead of any other profession

The hype now is on necro, that’s why many setups run one or two necros. So basically the meta replaces classes like ranger, till necro gets balanced. In my opinion the Spirit-Ranger is at least more viable than the old BM-ranger. Comparing that with the Mass-QQ on this forum, it’s more than viable. That’s just my opinion.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Let’s not make this a balance thread. Thanks Anet to expanding the countries. Though I still think not everyone’s happy. :p

But isn’t it possible to just wait for the outcome of the regionals and react to the winners there. Because unless I understand it wrong, there are potentially 64 teams (32 each region) that can compete in the regional qualifiers (which is online) and the winner of each region goes to Pax, right?

So that’s like 10 people who then go to Pax. The age restriction would be a bit harder ofcourse, but isn’t it possible to make an exception for those 10 people region-wise (worst-case scenario: 10 people from a non-eligible region).

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Oidmetala.8426

yeah ppls always qq when they see a ranger, nothing new on this.

for me,
i dont think spirit ranger goes good or important for teams.
i tried also around with it last days, it feels strong when i go with a friendlist team vs other friendlist teams,
but when we play team vs team it feels less strong.

its again a homepoint bunker for 1vs1s with shaman, thats what i speak about
and there is the old bm ranger same strong in my mind.
the lightning reflexes and the 2 sigils on bm ranger (one condi remove and stunbreak sigil) make him for me more interesting vs good players atm
spirits still also die rly fast.

i can beat a good necro on 1vs1 with my bm ranger (rly hard)
but with spirit ranger its going interesting, its a fast fight and i loose it most time, maybe to less practise with this build atm, but i think no. i dont have the important condi remove sigil and lightning reflexes against the much fear there and
necro eats my spirits rly fast, then im naked.
same happens in teamfights, one ele is enough to remove all spirits rly fast.
when i whant my point dont go neutral, i prefer bm ranger vs bomb engi and all what can me knock or fear out of point.

looks like some ppls qq again just because they have no idea how to kill a spirit ranger…
with necro ist easy, stay first on distance and spam the ground skills on the spirits, they will die when the ranger dont have the ulti spirit.

its same with you,
you think spirit ranger is MORE then viable, but still there are not much in good teams running around, i see only symbolic and battosai do ranger atm.
kanscout and konrad quest do necromancer instead ranger when they go important fights, also symbolic have do it much.

before the patch i was also for TMO all the time the beastmaster ranger (you should remeber this, we fight sometimes vs boon) and there it was allrdy start to become a problem to use a ranger when the enemy team run a bomb engin instead of bm ranger.
its same with spirit ranger now, bomb engin is a bit more easy to fight on the 1vs1 with this build, but at end its the same.

after our team was gone, nobody ask me for play ranger.
all ask me to play guardian and they know my main class is the ranger..
and why i become ask for guardian, because nobody is interested to use ranger on teams, just qq but all know this class is not best choose.

and ranger was never popular or a must have in a srtrong team.

why i should take a bunkier ranger when i can run
guardian
ele
mes
bomb engi
thief/necro

all of them can do more well then a ranger atm.
not because they are stronger on 1vs1, no because they do better on the teamfights.

but thats not what i speak about.
ranger players whant have offensive dmg builds and there is still not any one working atm, because the class mechanic, much traits, skills and weapons are crap like hell!
we should talk about this ingame, its offtopic

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

we should talk about this ingame, its offtopic

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

It’s only offtopic if Anet’s Representatives here…. ACTUALLY USE OTHER THREADS AND OTHER SUB-FORUMS, to convey this information and answer questions on them.

Currently they are not. Thus to date, this is the only Thread that any of these devs on the Skill Changing team have posted their reasoning to, and …SHOCKER…, it’s only about a Tourney that’s more than a Month away. Therefore this is the only place where balance talk feedback to them had any chance of even being answered.

And before anyone says: “Go make a new thread”… umm no we can’t, b/c that’s demanding, IE: “calling out”, specific interaction on their behalfs. Meanwhile… their participation on the topic here was Purely Voluntary, as is the norm.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in PvP

Posted by: swaffman.3679

swaffman.3679

Hey guys this new cash prize sounds nice and I’d like the best shot I can get at it, with some of the “top” players not being able to play I would like to tryout in whatever way necessary to get a spot. I will stick with whatever team works the best and isn’t elitist. I’ve been beating the meta for 6 years now and would like a chance to make a build within a team, not for a team. pm-I da ho D in game if u need a top spot filled, and plz no hot join rage its nothing personal lol.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

competitive guildwars scene

Esportz banzai!

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

Nice to see, that Anet is trying to expand PvP. But….

It’s too early for such a tournament imho. The PvP part needs still so much improvements. Why hurrying now with organizing big tournaments, instead of fixing the many PvP issues? The PvP scene is still far away from being solid. Isn’t this step too big for Anet?

Just my 2 cents…

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Sure it’s too early, but atleast A-Net starts to provdie tournaments on their own, instead by third-parties. This tournament was actually a reason for some teams to come back into tpvp.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

If you’re looking for a 5th because someone can’t play I’d give I da ho D a tryout. Only seen him a little but he definitely did some work.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

Well grats to Car Crash for making it to the Pax tourney.

Something doesn’t seem right about this. Unless Edward Snowden played on TP (Curse) I seriously do not understand such an oversight by both the player and the managers of the tournament. Either way it is quite regrettable and I certainly hope future tournament organizers learn from this incident.

TP would have won it all anyway.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

So TP/TC were in other words banned … . I am baffled and sad, both because it was the team I was cheering for and I find the way things has unravelled to be very unfortunate; it is a very sad way to both win and loose a spot.

PS: And yes: TC/TP would have won it all anyway :P

in PvP

Isaac.6041

They were disqualified not banned. If they follow the eligibility rules next time, maybe then they could claim a prize.

It’s not baffling at all for ArenaNet to disqualify them and to enforce the rules.

Teams should be responsible enough to inspect their own members and make sure every single member is eligible to play in the tournament. What were the other 4 members of TP/TC thinking to take on the HUGE risk of having a possibly and now clearly ineligible teammate.

Other teams made decisive cuts and dropped underage or otherwise ineligible team members and TP/TC should have done the same.

in PvP

Poxxia.1547

Ok … disqualified, typo on my behalf. If you read through the whole string of events (which I tried to do just now), it is still unfortunate. Yeah, teams should check if they are all eligible, which TP/TC actually went quite a length to do. “Clearly” is a subjective term, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

They were disqualified not banned. If they follow the eligibility rules next time, maybe then they could claim a prize.

It’s not baffling at all for ArenaNet to disqualify them and to enforce the rules.

Teams should be responsible enough to inspect their own members and make sure every single member is eligible to play in the tournament. What were the other 4 members of TP/TC thinking to take on the HUGE risk of having a possibly and now clearly ineligible teammate.

Other teams made decisive cuts and dropped underage or otherwise ineligible team members and TP/TC should have done the same.

What you are talking about is basically saying “replace Mogwow if he were ineligible with someone else”.

And it’s a meaningless reply because by the very nature of the long term involvement of these players in their respective teams, it’s not a simple case of replacement. Maintaining teams is as much about the chemistry and relationship between the team members as it is about bringing someone in with good performance.

Replacing Xeph WILL have a considerably negative impact on them considering for how long their team setup and dynamics have included him. It’ll take months for another player to ease into the same quality of dynamic.

in PvP

Isaac.6041

What you are talking about is basically saying “replace Mogwow if he were ineligible with someone else”.

And it’s a meaningless reply because by the very nature of the long term involvement of these players in their respective teams, it’s not a simple case of replacement. Maintaining teams is as much about the chemistry and relationship between the team members as it is about bringing someone in with good performance.

Replacing Xeph WILL have a considerably negative impact on them considering for how long their team setup and dynamics have included him. It’ll take months for another player to ease into the same quality of dynamic.

They had the same time that everyone else did to find eligible teammates. Car Crash formed up relatively recently and almost won outright so of course individual members are replaceable and you don’t necessarily need months and months of practice to win the tourney.

in PvP

Poxxia.1547

They had the same time that everyone else did to find eligible teammates. Car Crash formed up relatively recently and almost won outright so of course individual members are replaceable and you don’t necessarily need months and months of practice to win the tourney.

Almost winning is still losing, right? And that is in no way meant degrading towards CC or anything … they were great. But they still lost, no matter how you coat it.

I think it is fairly safe to say, that in competitive sports it takes a long time to build up a team. I have some (a lot even) RL-experience in high level professional sport to back up my view. I can’t see how this is different, but maybe you can? From what I know TP/TC have known each other for along time … that would not exactly make it easier, would it?

I do believe the game benefits from having visible, constructive players who have given the community a lot in the finals. For several reasons I think it would be even more the case if they have been a team for a while.

in PvP

Isaac.6041

Almost winning is still losing, right? And that is in no way meant degrading towards CC or anything … they were great. But they still lost, no matter how you coat it.

I think it is fairly safe to say, that in competitive sports it takes a long time to build up a team. I have some (a lot even) RL-experience in high level professional sport to back up my view. I can’t see how this is different, but maybe you can? From what I know TP/TC have known each other for along time … that would not exactly make it easier, would it?

I do believe the game benefits from having visible, constructive players who have given the community a lot in the finals. For several reasons I think it would be even more the case if they have been a team for a while.

No, Car Crash ultimately didn’t lose in the end. They won the trip to Seattle via disqualification. You heard about that U.S. swim team that just got disqualified for jumping the gun right at the world championships. They didn’t win; they lost.

Car Crash won the prize, the trip to Seattle, and the opportunity to win $2500 or $7500.

TP lost via disqualification so they get zero, zilch, zippo, nada, just like the U.S. swim team.

(edited by Isaac.6041)

in PvP

Poxxia.1547

No, Car Crash ultimately didn’t lose in the end. They won the trip to Seattle via disqualification. You heard about that U.S. swim team that just got disqualified for jumping the gun right at the world championships. They didn’t win; they lost. Car Crash won the prize. TP lost via disqualification.

But when they faced each other they did lose, right? That is the event outside the competition I am talking about, in case you intentionally insisted on not understanding what I am talking about. In other words: By definition they (CC) won the prize, but lost the match itself (seen as an isolated event).
The swim team still had the fastest time, even if they go disqualified. No it doesn’t count anywhere, other than everybody knowing the result. I don’t think you can compare the two events btw.
CC won the prize, but TP/TC won the match. Should be obvious what I meant, unless you intentionally had no intention of understanding it, but that was perhaps the case? English is not my first language, so maybe it was completely incomprehensible, but then we could continue in danish?
If you want to bicker about definitions, then define them, pls (yes, I am a mathematician as well). Else it is just a waste of words, which isn’t worth using neither time nor effort on.

PS: This is SO no the focus I wanted, but I guess it is where you wanted it, right? I wonder what you have against TP/TC

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Tp won the games.Its over,we ve seen it and theres nothing anybody can do about that!
They proved they are the better team and that they belong to pax..the rest are bs.
CC won the trip..but they definately lost the game and for the community best team eu should remain TP until theres a reason to think differently.

in PvP

Isaac.6041

Yes, TP beat Car Crash in 3 out of 5 matches but it counts for nothing because they broke the rules and got disqualified. By the way, Car Crash won 2 out of the first 3 matches.

And also, Car Crash beat TP in several more pre-tournament practice rounds. Those don’t count for nothing either.

Car Crash won the prize. The other stuff was just minor bragging rights and mumbo jumbo.

You are asserting that Car Crash lost but that’s not the case. They were fighting a team with ineligible participant(s).

To win the tournament, you must play by the rules. Car Crash respected the rules. TP did not. So Car Crash wins. If you want to know what happens to players that don’t play by the rules, just take a look at Lance Armstrong, you get all your prizes stripped away.

in PvP

Poxxia.1547

Yes, TP beat Car Crash in 3 out of 5 matches but it counts for nothing because they broke the rules and got disqualified. By the way, Car Crash won 2 out of the first 3 matches.

And also, Car Crash beat TP in several more pre-tournament practice rounds. Those don’t count for nothing either.

Car Crash won the prize. The other stuff was just minor bragging rights and mumbo jumbo.

You are asserting that Car Crash lost but that’s not the case. They were fighting a team with ineligible participant(s).

To win the tournament, you must play by the rules. Car Crash respected the rules. TP did not. So Car Crash wins. If you want to know what happens to players that don’t play by the rules, just take a look at Lance Armstrong, you get all your prizes stripped away.

The only thing I “asserted” was the the words in italics. From the very beginning you framed my words, and put meaning into my words, that I never stated anywhere. I can apparently waste time defending things I never said.

Armstrong used a (several even) performance-promoting stimulant; how on earth can you compare that to this. That is like comparing a rodents and a dolphins forage habits based on them both being mammals. Last I checked, being a UAE-citizen isn’t in itself a performance-promoting variable.

You don’t seem to get what I am saying: CC lost to a team (TC/TP) on even terms in 3 out of 5 matches, where they all – to the best of my knowledge- gave their best. No one were using any means to promote their skills. To my knowledge, they all had the impression, that they played about a place in the finals. In other words: to everyone that watched and the players, it mattered – to my knowledge.

What I am baffled about, is that it was resolved so late. From what I read, TP/TC did an effort to figure this out earlier (in case you can’t read this properly, I am not blaming anyone here). For the sake of the games popularity, I find the way things have unravelled unfortunate (not blaming anyone, again). Is this clear enough?

You can talk TP/TC down all you want with your “mumbo jumbo”; it seems to me to be a bit of a crusade for you? Why is TC/TP such an issue for you?

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

in PvP

Posted by: Korasi.9140

Korasi.9140

Well then i can congrats the NA for winning against EU if CC goes to pax. Not bashing anyone but thats just how it is

in PvP

Isaac.6041

The only thing I “asserted” was the the words in italics. From the very beginning you framed my words, and put meaning into my words, that I never stated anywhere. I can apparently waste time defending things I never said.

Armstrong used a (several even) performance-promoting stimulant; how on earth can you compare that to this. That is like comparing a rodents and a dolphins forage habits based on them both being mammals. Last I checked, being a UAE-citizen isn’t in itself a performance-promoting variable.

You don’t seem to get what I am saying: CC lost to a team (TC/TP) on even terms in 3 out of 5 matches, where they all – to the best of my knowledge- gave their best. No one were using any means to promote their skills. To my knowledge, they all had the impression, that they played about a place in the finals. In other words: to everyone that watched and the players, it mattered – to my knowledge.

What I am baffled about, is that it was resolved so late. From what I read, TP/TC did an effort to figure this out earlier (in case you can’t read this properly, I am not blaming anyone here). For the sake of the games popularity, I find the way things have unravelled unfortunate (not blaming anyone, again). Is this clear enough?

You can talk TP/TC down all you want with your “mumbo jumbo”; it seems to me to be a bit of a crusade for you? Why is TC/TP such an issue for you?

TP/TC lost because they were disqualified.

But you’re coming here and claiming that they won fair and square. No, they had ineligible members so they shouldn’t have even played in the tournament in the first place. That means all those matches where you saw them “win” should never have happened because they made Mist League believe they were eligible and submitted registrations for players that were obviously ineligible.

Many people complained on the forums on how TP seemingly ignored the eligibility rules. I see this ruling by ArenaNet as justice being served and a warning to future teams that might try this shady business. It’s not going to work. You’re going to get caught and disqualified.

Again, it’s team that got disqualified and had no business being in the tournament. They lost. They’re not going to PAX. They should have read and followed the eligibility requirements.

However, we must disqualify the team based on the stated rules and to be fair to other teams who complied with our eligibility requirements in forming their teams.

It is our goal to make events like this open to as many players as possible; however, we must adhere to the fact that every country or state has unique legal requirements and rules for running tournaments and awarding prizes that apply to their citizens.

in PvP

Posted by: Doulou Le Relou.9762

Doulou Le Relou.9762

shady business… lol

And why CC and not That’s so Pish… They also lost to TP/TC.

in PvP

Poxxia.1547

But you’re coming here and claiming that they won fair and square. No, they had ineligible members so they shouldn’t have even played in the tournament in the first place. That means all those matches where you saw them “win” should never have happened because they made Mist League believe they were eligible and submitted registrations for players that were obviously ineligible.

Many people complained on the forums on how TP seemingly ignored the eligibility rules. I see this ruling by ArenaNet as justice being served and a warning to future teams that might try this shady business. It’s not going to work. You’re going to get caught and disqualified.

Again, it’s team that got disqualified and had no business being in the tournament. They lost. They’re not going to PAX. They should have read and followed the eligibility requirements.

I am saying nothing of the sort. Read my post … properly, or is that to much too ask?
How about you answer the questions about your crusade? You DO realize what you insinuate, considering TP/TC, right? I would be careful about that, if I were you You are assuming “evil/criminal intent”. Not something to be taken lightly.
As far as I have read, TP/TC did an effort to find out if Xeph could play; since when is that “ignoring the eligibility rules”?

PS: How about you looked at your own glasshouse for a change, or is that too much to ask for a young mind? I am considering if you are worth the ink, considering how little you listen/read and how little you are able to see your own flaws.

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

Thank you for the support Poxxia, I would ignore Isaac if I were you, he is on some sort of crusade for CC, and it would do no good to argue with someone like that; just let him have his way.
He has gone out of his way to dig up several posts.

Thank you aswell to everyone else for the support, we really do appreciate it and it does mean a lot to us. The support from the community has been immense and we are very humbled by it, it really does bring tears to my eye’s thank you, you guys are the best.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: Krugash.4920

Krugash.4920

If what you say it’s true, then CC isn’t eligible to access PAX final, cause they played in a rigged tournament, and got favoured by it. (See what I did there?)

Sax to be a fanboy, doesn’t it?

in PvP

Isaac.6041

If what you say it’s true, then CC isn’t eligible to access PAX final, cause they played in a rigged tournament, and got favoured by it. (See what I did there?)

Sax to be a fanboy, doesn’t it?

Nah, ArenaNet probably already bought the plane tickets for Car Crash and they’re in the mail.

Car Crash members are shopping around for clothes and luggage and going to look their very best for PAX. Go Car Crash! Can’t wait to see all the nice pictures from PAX.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

competitive guildwars scene

Esportz banzai!

GW2 is not an esport if it was I wouldnt have to wait 5-10 minutes for matches.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I’d say 5 minutes is a pretty normal time. It shows the MM is trying to his work (albeit failed work sometimes). In lots of games I need to wait 2-5 minutes. Granted GW2 has a lower population, it’ll take a bit more time.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!