Play to win instead of play to grind

in PvP

Posted by: Lonja.1034

Lonja.1034

2 changes to glory system i would like to see:

1. Bonus glory per win

I think that the win bonus should be much higher than what it is now, because people don’t really care if they win or lose-they just care about points and kills. As it is now i think i get around 30 points or something like that which i think is a very unreasonable amount. I average around 100-200 points per game and i find that bonus amount is too low. I think that winning should be rewarded more heavily and depend on time spent in the game (joining moments before game ends and your team wins should give no points unless u contributed in some way for the little time you have spent in the game). Bonus glory for winning should cap at 100 glory(maybe less but not more) and depend on % of time spent in the game(ex. game lasts for 10 minutes and you were in if for the whole time and won should net you 100 bonus glory; game lasts for 10 minutes and you joined 5 minutes late but still won the game nets you 50 bonus glory).

2. Defending the point

Defending the point should give some points while the point you are trying to defend is being contested. Plain and simple. Holding the point against 1-3 people for 10-15 second gives you absolutely nothing as it is now but helps your team in so many ways because that means there are less people in the other team roaming uncontested points and defending the captured ones. The amount for defending the point should be around 1 point per 3-5 seconds while defending.

Feel free to comment and add your own suggestions as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Is this for 8v8?
Because raising the glory gained for a win would make unlucky auto-balances even worse. Maybe an incentive to stay in the map even when losing horribly should also be suggested?
Encouraging point defense would shift strategies in 8v8, but it might be hard to quantify the effort put in to defend a point. But I believe LoL has a pretty good system in place for it. Maybe someone who plays that could elaborate on it.

“Come on, hit me!”

in PvP

Posted by: Lonja.1034

Lonja.1034

8v8 should be gone with. It is too zergy and requires little to no strategy while promoting class unbalance.

in PvP

Posted by: Nande.6810

Nande.6810

8v8 should be gone with. It is too zergy and requires little to no strategy while promoting class unbalance.

False. It’s not a numbers game, WvWvW is. You just have to focus more on your part in general instead of having a team strategy that all of you follow.

The Bleed thief (d/d & p/p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHdpbyNpVU
oGt