Please ANET encourge Winning.

in PvP

Posted by: TRoopEr.5364

TRoopEr.5364

Right now we see. People are not trying to win. A great bunch of B-curiose-pve-hotjoin-daily farmers invaded SoloQ – and what they actualy need here – same from hotjoin. 3 points capped,3 games played and etc.

They don’t need to win. They run there pve builds, they run the skills that “looks” cool and etc. So i begging revert daily to win not play 3 games.

It will drive people back to hotjoin or force them to play better.

The another issues. Most of the people doesn’t care about leaderboards because they don’t benefit anything – so like 90% of people don’t care about winning again. They just go and play any build they want(again from pve and stuff) and spoil the fun for guys who like to play compettive to have some fun.

This post is made out of my rage when i popped up 3 times with shatter shaman mesmer.

www.guildwars2pro.com – Leagues and tournaments.

www.twitch.tv/qqtrooper34

in PvP

Posted by: Hawatak.8049

Hawatak.8049

Problem is leaderboard actually means nothing, so reward would be … unfair

Sangoria

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Playing the builds they want is not the problem its the total disregard or lack of understanding the of right kind of play to win 5v5 tounaments. People just zerg around points and half of them don’t seem to know how to finish or rez. I played team queue with 2 others last night and while we lost bad a few times the overall experience was way better then the basically hotjoin level of play in a lot of the solo queue matches. I am hoping that after a bit these people will get tired of losing all the time and go back to farming hotjoins.

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Bad luck for you I joined in Team Arena, people is pretty competitive there though

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

In the higher rating’s people want to win. Atleast that’s how I experience it. But we need more tangible rewards.
Rewards are priority number one and I think Anet thinks the same way. I just hope we get them sooner than later.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

There are currently some problems with the daily achievement.

Personally, I think there is no real encouragement to do the daily except for the achievement points.

So, whats the point in the daily?

1.) Encourage you to go online, do some stuff, and get an easy reward for not a lot of time with the objective, that even, when you have little time, you don’t are not left far behind in the online progression from those, with a lot of time to play. This objective was perfectly solved with the introduction of the laurels.
But for the laurels there is one daily category enough, you don’t need two. Right now with the Living World beeing a part of the daily, the pvp daily gets handicapped even more.
Also I feeld that the pve rewards with a small chance of getting a cool black lion trading item is far better than the pvp daily.

Suggestion: Combine the PvE and PvP Daily, linke you have done with the WvW and PvE, so you can really choose what you want to do, to get your laurel!

2.) The daily achievement could encourage you to explore some new stuff, JP you haven’t seen before, or go back to them. Do some WvW, SPvP or maybe even take a look at TPvP. While this objective’d justify the separation of the PvE/WvW and the PvP Daily, I think this is the wrong place to accomplish this objective.

Suggestion:The perfect place for this objective is the living world. ArenaNet has already shown us this with the JPs and other hidden places. Why not introduce every third living world with a connection to SPvP? With the introduction from SkyHammer there could have easily been an achievement with something like “play x games on a Server where SkyHammer is in the rotation”. That way you would encourage people to play spvp, while not forcing them to join a private arena where only SkyHammer is active.

3.) Why are people still doing both daily categories? I think the only reason are the achievement points. Two days ago I met players completing the daily pvp achievement on a private arena by win trading.

Suggestion:I‘d suggest to max the amount of achievement points available per daily to 5. That way the people can still do what they want (pve, pvp or wvw) to get the daily (for the laurels or the achievement points) without forcing them to do everything. That way they won’t disturb the spvp community without them wanting to be a part of it.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Right now we see. People are not trying to win. A great bunch of B-curiose-pve-hotjoin-daily farmers invaded SoloQ – and what they actualy need here – same from hotjoin. 3 points capped,3 games played and etc.

They don’t need to win. They run there pve builds, they run the skills that “looks” cool and etc. So i begging revert daily to win not play 3 games.

It will drive people back to hotjoin or force them to play better.

The another issues. Most of the people doesn’t care about leaderboards because they don’t benefit anything – so like 90% of people don’t care about winning again. They just go and play any build they want(again from pve and stuff) and spoil the fun for guys who like to play compettive to have some fun.

This post is made out of my rage when i popped up 3 times with shatter shaman mesmer.

I would say the problem is more in the scoring system. It encourages zerging around and getting kills instead of defended nodes and capping nodes.

Not that I have anything against kill type game matches, but conquest isn’t it. Kills should be worth less (5), capping should be worth more (10 for neutralize, 30 for cap). Kills while defending a node should be worth more (15).

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I would say the problem is more in the scoring system. It encourages zerging around and getting kills instead of defended nodes and capping nodes

A zerg can’t win against a team that simply back-caps, they can move to-and-fro two points all day long and will never hold more than one of them.

That’s not to say that winning doesn’t need more encouragement/rewards.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I would say the problem is more in the scoring system. It encourages zerging around and getting kills instead of defended nodes and capping nodes

A zerg can’t win against a team that simply back-caps, they can move to-and-fro two points all day long and will never hold more than one of them.

That’s not to say that winning doesn’t need more encouragement/rewards.

Whether they can win or not is meaningless, and they can win against inexperienced players. The point is that whether they can win or not isn’t what matters, it is that at the end of the match they look at their scores and think they did a good job.

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Whether they can win or not is meaningless, and they can win against inexperienced players. The point is that whether they can win or not isn’t what matters, it is that at the end of the match they look at their scores and think they did a good job.

I can see that idea but, I guess, in my mind I never associated that “score” with how well a person did. Take bunkers, for example, how would one reward such? They hardly ever kill anything and just squat a point. Invaluable for their team but you can’t exactly discern them from an AFK from a rewarding perspective half of the time.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I can see that idea but, I guess, in my mind I never associated that “score” with how well a person did. Take bunkers, for example, how would one reward such? They hardly ever kill anything and just squat a point. Invaluable for their team but you can’t exactly discern them from an AFK from a rewarding perspective half of the time.

Exactly my point. You may not associate it with doing well, but they do. In reality, score should show you did well. Instead, people with the lower scores are many times the better players in a match. lol

The points for killing players while defending would help with the issue you brought up about bunkers, but the system should probably also award a few points here and there for sitting on a node.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

This is one of the main problems, pvp rewards really sux and people don’t care too much if they win or they lose.

Other big problem is conquest experience, because people is used to play in hot join where only thing that count is make glory points (who cares if you win or you lose in hot join) and they don’t learn anything about how to play conquest correctly (but why they need to understand how to play correctly when zerging or moving random in map is almost always rewarding?)

Conquest inexperience + No pvp rewards = tpvp sux (soloqueue and teamqueue)

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

This is one of the main problems, pvp rewards really sux and people don’t care too much if they win or they lose.

Other big problem is conquest experience, because people is used to play in hot join where only thing that count is make glory points (who cares if you win or you lose in hot join) and they don’t learn anything about how to play conquest correctly (but why they need to understand how to play correctly when zerging or moving random in map is almost always rewarding?)

Conquest inexperience + No pvp rewards = tpvp sux (soloqueue and teamqueue)

Which is a good reason for the points system to reward good play.

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Atm I need only 1 more win for monthly achievement. Since bad matchmaking(they stole our old ratings which we got by solo queuing at the old system and copied them to TeamArena) I get often losses… atm 10 losses in a row.

Getting boring so I go afk a lot if it seems bad at the beginning already. Only moving the char a bit to not get a penelty.

I’d prefer if for the beginning they just returned our old ratings to us. Cause randomly mixing some people where you often can lose and play with people that were 10 percent at the old sytem against others from top 1000 is boring… and that’s just how it is atm until we all have played a few hundred matches and have a real rating again.

Pretty boring. No real reason to play… and of course not to win.