Please explain this to me

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

So I talked to a dev:

Following conversation:

You could at least have hotfixed healing signet and the spirit of nature renewal :/
[18.03.2014 18:15:16] Sensotix: after 3 months

Dev: Healing Signet does not meet hotfix criteria

My question now:
Thief
Trickery II—Instinctual Response: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to grant fury and vigor while on cooldown.

How can this meet the hotfix criteria and healing signet and spirit of nature renewal remain untouched for quite a while again while both (Warrior and Ranger) are still being very dominant in the meta after six months already

Please explain this to me because I can’t understand the logic behind it

in PvP

Posted by: Darko.5873

Darko.5873

HS nerf would be a balance change, not a hotfix. If it continued healing after the active was used, that would be a bug in need of hotfixing.
They are not doing any balance changes before the big disappointing feature patch, so we’re stuck with HS warriors for a month or two more.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

Healing Signet change does in fact not meet the criteria (it’s a balance change, not a fix to an unintended behavior). However, if we are to believe the designers, the Spirit of Nature passive healing is overperforming due to a bug and in return does meet them and should have been fixed.

My personal opinion is that the Spirit’s healing is not a bug and the designers have decided to adjust it to reduce passive healing in GW2 further. Calling it a bug just saves them a lot of trouble.

That’s the only explanation I have for it not making it into the patch yesterday.

(edited by Slim.3024)

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

We have a ton of bugs in many skills in many builds reported by many players. Why they had the time to fix this bug, no idea. Maybe it is important for PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Healing Signet change does in fact not meet the criteria (it’s a balance change, not a fix to an unintended behavior). However, if we are to believe the designers, the Spirit of Nature passive healing is overperforming due to a bug and in return does meet them and should have been fixed.

It’s probably too complicated a bug to qualify as a simple “hotfix” (which I assume is something that can be fixed simply by editing the scripts rather than requiring a programmer to devote time to it).

Anyway, I thought those leaked patched notes were determined to be fake?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

It’s probably too complicated a bug to qualify as a simple “hotfix” (which I assume is something that can be fixed simply by editing the scripts rather than requiring a programmer to devote time to it).

These values are stored either in a flat file, database or as a constant. It’s a one-line change.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

So I talked to a dev:

Following conversation:

You could at least have hotfixed healing signet and the spirit of nature renewal :/

[…]

You think (like everybody with common sense), that a Hot Fix might be for obviously “wrong” game elements.
For ANet, the Hot Fix criteria probably means a maximum level of related work to the element, which doesn’t need to be exceeded, otherwise it loses its “hot fix-chracter”.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

An 8% reduction would have been a “shave” 5 months ago. This clearly indicates that there are MAJOR changes coming to Healing Signet/Spirit of Nature Renewal that we are not capable of digesting now. What at needs to happen, is we must first hear the changes (Ready Up), must process the changes (2 months pre-patch), and then accept those changes (play another game).

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

A bug is something not working as it should be. Thats the case with this:
“Thief
Trickery II—Instinctual Response: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to grant fury and vigor while on cooldown.”

A balance change is to change values/functions to something that is working as it should be but its proven to be too much.
“Dev: Healing Signet does not meet hotfix criteria”
This answer is correct.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

An 8% reduction would have been a “shave” 5 months ago. This clearly indicates that there are MAJOR changes coming to Healing Signet/Spirit of Nature Renewal that we are not capable of digesting now. What at needs to happen, is we must first hear the changes (Ready Up), must process the changes (2 months pre-patch), and then accept those changes (play another game).

lol dude. You are in for some major disappointment if you think anything more than an 8% passive nerf is coming for healing signet. They already told us the balance patch notes and anything extra will be minor/insignificant. I expect some tiny pistol whip nerf too. But other than that I expect the balance changes that we were told about months ago haven’t been changed (makes you wonder what the balance team do for that time?). Devs have already said that they kept balance changes to a minimum for the feature patch (lolz).

Having said that, most of their patches introduce at least 1 broken and unfun build. Usually a buid based around passives and immunities, and one which has no counterplay at all to it. So perhaps guardian spirit weapons? We shall see. But honestly, the balance segment of the feature patch is already confirmed as a fail (buff turrets lol – do little to address anything).

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

lol dude. You are in for some major disappointment if you think anything more than an 8% passive nerf is coming for healing signet. They already told us the balance patch notes and anything extra will be minor/insignificant. I expect some tiny pistol whip nerf too. But other than that I expect the balance changes that we were told about months ago haven’t been changed (makes you wonder what the balance team do for that time?). Devs have already said that they kept balance changes to a minimum for the feature patch (lolz).

Having said that, most of their patches introduce at least 1 broken and unfun build. Usually a buid based around passives and immunities, and one which has no counterplay at all to it. So perhaps guardian spirit weapons? We shall see. But honestly, the balance segment of the feature patch is already confirmed as a fail (buff turrets lol – do little to address anything).

Obviously you are a thief. You must be in order to have evaded the sarcasm in my original post.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Nature-s renewal is fine the way it is now. If it wasn’t bugged it would be too weak. But they are going to nerf it a bit anyway.
Also… an ele can sneeze on spirits and they will all die instantly.

Thief bug did give quite some advantage.

I hope this answered your question!

in PvP

manveruppd.7601

These values are stored either in a flat file, database or as a constant. It’s a one-line change.

You’d think so wouldn’t you? But it took them over a year to discover the bug, so maybe the bonus healing power is coming from somewhere else.

An 8% reduction would have been a “shave” 5 months ago.

I think it’s fair to say the “shaving” approach has been on hiatus since the last incremental balance patch in December – all warriors now have a full length beard

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Because HS isn’t bugged is why. Bugs get fixes. You can’t fix HS if it isn’t broken. HS might be OP, but it is working as it was originally designed.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

How about stuck bug?
Do we need someone at PAX finals typing /dance for them to understand that inability to move your character is something that requires hotfix.

in PvP

Posted by: Kenadas.9680

Kenadas.9680

Theres nothing to explain..gw2 pvp is dead and the devs can be happy about it because only thing anet cares about is money,money,money oouh and money.
Thats why they release gw2 in China because they know that they will earn much more money from the Chinese than from us.

(edited by Kenadas.9680)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

How about stuck bug?
Do we need someone at PAX finals typing /dance for them to understand that inability to move your character is something that requires hotfix.

What about the teleport bug on legacy where you get stuck inside the wall on the waterfall side. The stuck bug happens a ton though. And it really sucks.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

So I talked to a dev:

Following conversation:

My question now:
Thief
Trickery II—Instinctual Response: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to grant fury and vigor while on cooldown.

How can this meet the hotfix criteria and healing signet and spirit of nature renewal remain untouched for quite a while again while both (Warrior and Ranger) are still being very dominant in the meta after six months already

It’s pretty simple: One is a bug, which is not the intent of the design team.

Healing signet isn’t a bug, it’s just the product of a design team that is completely out of touch with the competitive PvP scene and even more out of touch with what the playerbase wants.

Here is a small hint to why stuff like this doesn’t get changed:
Judy is a mother of 3. She likes guild wars 2 because the art is pretty and she can make her little asura look adorable. Judy isn’t great at video games but she is willing to pay gems for a Quaggan backpack. Healing signet allows Judy to walk through content without ever having to touch the healing key or worry about health. It makes her “feel” powerful, even though the skill is doing all the work. Judy is none the wiser.

Judy buys gems, you don’t. Healing signet 8% nerf is probably already more than they want to go. I’m just being real.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Chanra.3561

Chanra.3561

There are many bugs I would like fixed that make gameplay distressing or just downright unplayable, Bugs that I have been expecting to be seen in a hotfix since their birth…but so far haven’t.

1. Stuck bug – After activating a teleport/Movement Skill you are sometimes bound in place until you activate a /command to reset your animation. This usually happens when you use a teleport spell that moves your to a player model to the target entity while they are moving towards you, causing you to be bound on the same location that your target was at a moment ago. The main culprits being illusionary Leap —-> Swap, Judges Intervention, Lightening flash and a various array of shadowsteps.

2. Skill lock – This has been a frequently occurring bug since the “Marionette” event and causes your skills to become unusable until you are downed. While this bug is about you can do nothing but dodge roll an infinite number of times, you cannot use weapon skills or utility skills but your F1-F4 skills may still work. This usually happens after you are effected by something that removes your original toolbar (stunned or transformed into a Moa)

3. Ranger – Spirit of Nature (Elite) tooltip says 320hp/3 seconds but actually heals 480hp/second. This doesn’t bother me at all but I would like the tooltip to be changed to show the correct healing.

4. Many players experience 1-2 seconds of skill lag since the servers unexpectedly shut down for 15-20 minutes around 2 months ago.

5. Lightening flash- Seems to have a tendency to drop you through the floor of the map. At times this can be extremely annoying e.g. PvP lobby is full so you cannot swap teams to fix this.

Some of these things are just outright game breaking and should have been delt with a LONG time ago.

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

No Explanation needed. Just like the current changes and no rewards! But I have my awesome rank points! That Ill farm in HotJoin!

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

You’d think so wouldn’t you? But it took them over a year to discover the bug, so maybe the bonus healing power is coming from somewhere else.

Don’t be quick to dismiss the obvious answer: They didn’t look at the values for Spirit of Nature for over a year.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

So I talked to a dev:

Following conversation:

My question now:
Thief

It’s pretty simple: One is a bug, which is not the intent of the design team.

Healing signet isn’t a bug, it’s just the product of a design team that is completely out of touch with the competitive PvP scene and even more out of touch with what the playerbase wants.

Here is a small hint to why stuff like this doesn’t get changed:
Judy is a mother of 3. She likes guild wars 2 because the art is pretty and she can make her little asura look adorable. Judy isn’t great at video games but she is willing to pay gems for a Quaggan backpack. Healing signet allows Judy to walk through content without ever having to touch the healing key or worry about health. It makes her “feel” powerful, even though the skill is doing all the work. Judy is none the wiser.

Judy buys gems, you don’t. Healing signet 8% nerf is probably already more than they want to go. I’m just being real.

People who pvp would buy stuff, IF there was anything worth buying.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Yup.
PvP is the trash can and kennys dad is ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Many bump.

Wow.

Such Bump.

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

So I talked to a dev:

Following conversation:

My question now:
Thief

wut?

are you really crying cause they fixed a bug? O.o

that’s so weird man, really.

ofc i can agree with you that war and ranger aren’t example of good game design but come on.. A thief?!

Have you ever seen something nearly similar to gw2 thief on a esport?

s\p and d\p are ridicolous op and spammy and should simply not exit on a real competitive game

Exactly as war and ranger. And decap engi. And everything else outside mesmer and ele.

But yeah, that’s the game we play and that’s the meta we had, nones fault.

But the worst thing is not this meta.

The worst thing is seeing players complanig because software house fixed a bug forbidding them to exploit it anymore.

Player like you deserve meta we had.

Such a shame

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

I wish I could, but it doesn’t make any sense.

Decap engies have destroyed solo queue and the bunker meta makes team queue equally painful. PvP is a lot like this now

It is amazing how 1 spec (decap engis) and the bunkery meta have destroyed this game. That is so true. Warrior and thief are the cause of the bunkery meta. Thieves can overcommit and still get away from even 1v4 situations. And warriors do everything. High mobility, high damage and massive survivability. It really is a horrible state of affairs right now.

Decap engis in solo q are just devastating to the whole solo q concept. And the bunker meta has destroyed any tiny bits of fun which remained in team queue.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

Yup.

Solo queue = 10s
Team queue = 13s
Solo queue = 14s
Team queue = 16s
Solo queue = 20s
Team queue = 21s
HotJoin starts around 35s

in PvP

manveruppd.7601

I wish I could, but it doesn’t make any sense.

Decap engies have destroyed solo queue and the bunker meta makes team queue equally painful. PvP is a lot like this now

It is amazing how 1 spec (decap engis) and the bunkery meta have destroyed this game. That is so true. Warrior and thief are the cause of the bunkery meta. Thieves can overcommit and still get away from even 1v4 situations. And warriors do everything. High mobility, high damage and massive survivability. It really is a horrible state of affairs right now.

Decap engis in solo q are just devastating to the whole solo q concept. And the bunker meta has destroyed any tiny bits of fun which remained in team queue.

Well that’s not a balance problem IMHO, it’s a problem with the gamemode. If decap engis were nerfed someone somewhere would find another build that just knocks people off the point and everyone would run it. That’s why we need new game modes. Or, in the short term, at least maps with bigger capture points like Foefire’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey everyone,

We’ll be getting into more detail about upcoming new traits in tomorrow’s Ready Up. Hopefully the show will help you to understand a little more regarding this topic.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Hey everyone,

We’ll be getting into more detail about upcoming new traits in tomorrow’s Ready Up. Hopefully the show will help you to understand a little more regarding this topic.

Do you plan on talking about all the new grandmaster traits or just the ones mentioned in the blog?

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Hey everyone,

Do you plan on talking about all the new grandmaster traits or just the ones mentioned in the blog?

Depends if they can fit information people care about in between watching two teams of average players fight each other.

in PvP

Drafigo.4690

Hey everyone,

I would bet just the ones in the post because the ready up would be 4 hours long with 40 new traits.

Just my guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

This is a game for casuals that is made by casuals.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Dhuumfire was a hotfix , took 3 weeks and was the best life-saving move for the game. and im a necro

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Drafigo.4690

Yup.

Solo queue = 10s
Team queue = 13s
Solo queue = 14s
Team queue = 16s
Solo queue = 20s
Team queue = 21s
HotJoin starts around 35s

We should all just become HotJoin Hero’s!
Funny cause I have seen a ton of HotJoin Hero’s in queue lately, I know because a rank 60+ doesn’t really play the bad! lol

in PvP

Drafigo.4690

Dhuumfire was a hotfix , took 3 weeks and was the best life-saving move for the game. and im a necro

I agree and play necro as well.

Regardless as to why things are not fixed in a timely manner the answer is the same. Poor management. That could be people, time or simply people. These things don’t get fixed because we are viewed as a small portion of this games community and because someone is poorly managing these aspects. I have managed for years and was once a financial manager for one of the largest communications companies and if I had managed this poorly I would have been fired. Because listen if your cell phone isn’t working and your not working on that issue 2 days before the public finds it your months behind the competitor. Right now GW2 isn’t losing because nothing bigger and better is beating them other then that game we shall not mention but there are some big titles coming and the poor mismanagement of things like these simple hot fixes that should be done weekly or bi-weekly will begin to move the population enough to get some attention. I just hope that these changes and builds and so forth are completed before the population of good vetren players are gone for good. Because lets face it. Vetren players will move on and not come back regardless of the update because they have moved on and dedicated their time to something else.

in PvP

Harbinger.8637

Hey everyone,

I would bet just the ones in the post because the ready up would be 4 hours long with 40 new traits.

Just my guess.

Well she just posted this, so hopefully it’s all of them.

This episode of Ready Up, we’ll be talking about a lot of the things you have all been waiting for! First up, We’ll have Hugh Norfolk and Darrin Claypool on the show to preview a new map that has no capture points. Next, Josh Davis has prepared a presentation to show off all the new traits, while the designers Karl McLain and Roy Cronacher talk about them.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

ALL. OF. THEM.

:D

in PvP

Harbinger.8637

ALL. OF. THEM.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Definitely will be tuning in.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

So A-Net strategy is to create new possible balance-issues, before even fixing the old ones? I hope we get a good explanation in tomorrows Ready-Up.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

ALL. OF. THEM.

Please be careful on the necro vs mesmer scenarios, you created yourself a month to recieve feedback and test it.

I suspect the DS heal to be in blood which is good by design. A question i would ask is, are there possibilities to allowing heals from allies by deafault while still preventing your own? Or a minimun must to mark DS hp with grey on party window. It causes a lot of stress and wasted heals in my team when my DS is runing out.

Seems like even devs noticed the 1.25s cast on consume heal :P Im realy worried about that one, youre pushing the “skillful interupt” thing on them. Im happy dhumm will be gone as youll never get a single life blast off on condi builds, so that leaves… power necro? or the above bunker with 1x 3s stabilty easily ripped? Like 3/5 trees will improve their CCing.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

Regardless as to why things are not fixed in a timely manner the answer is the same. Poor management. That could be people, time or simply people. These things don’t get fixed because we are viewed as a small portion of this games community and because someone is poorly managing these aspects. I have managed for years and was once a financial manager for one of the largest communications companies and if I had managed this poorly I would have been fired. Because listen if your cell phone isn’t working and your not working on that issue 2 days before the public finds it your months behind the competitor. Right now GW2 isn’t losing because nothing bigger and better is beating them other then that game we shall not mention but there are some big titles coming and the poor mismanagement of things like these simple hot fixes that should be done weekly or bi-weekly will begin to move the population enough to get some attention. I just hope that these changes and builds and so forth are completed before the population of good vetren players are gone for good. Because lets face it. Vetren players will move on and not come back regardless of the update because they have moved on and dedicated their time to something else.

It’s being managed well. It just seems to be managed poorly, because we have the perspective of being primarily pvpers (and a very very small percentage of pvpers at that, so we even differ from most pvpers). I have a long post here explaining why I believe this is being managed properly – albeit with poor outcomes for pvpers, it is being managed properly for GW2 as a game (which is a pve/wvw game – pvp is not a part of the long-term plans, and shouldn’t be for financial reasons).

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

ALL. OF. THEM.

Wait. Allie, you didn’t just say that in a… certain voice? … did you?

:)

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Oh yeah, it’s totally certain.

You have no idea how good it feels to say that, too.

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Bwahaha. Great

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Hot fixing should apply to everything that breaks game, be it because of kittened up design or bug.
Hot fix means – “quick update outside of regular update schedule” so yes healing siginet defo. meets criteria of hot fixing.

in PvP

Drafigo.4690

It’s being managed well. It just seems to be managed poorly, because we have the perspective of being primarily pvpers (and a very very small percentage of pvpers at that, so we even differ from most pvpers). I have a long post here explaining why I believe this is being managed properly – albeit with poor outcomes for pvpers, it is being managed properly for GW2 as a game (which is a pve/wvw game – pvp is not a part of the long-term plans, and shouldn’t be for financial reasons).

Yeah same point I was trying to make in my head and again the Dev’s are not the issue they get their marching orders from others above them. This game is still the best one I have played since DAoC and will continue to play it. But yes this side of the game is horribly managed for sure. thanks for sharing!

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

I am 100% convinced at this point that Anet has no idea how to fix the PvP problems without poking the cash cow too hard, so they’ve literally thrown in the towel.

Sorry folks, if you like challenging, skill oriented, PvP find another game. Nothing like that here.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I am 100% convinced at this point that Anet has no idea how to fix the PvP problems without poking the cash cow too hard, so they’ve literally thrown in the towel.

Sorry folks, if you like challenging, skill oriented, PvP find another game. Nothing like that here.

Thanks for sharing, but since you quit why should any of this be of any significance or concern to you. After all gw2 is the worst game ever and I would think you will be playing those other better ones to care.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

The most gamebreaking GW1 bug (next to the dervish one) that was ever hotfixed (in the real sense of the word) happened with Signet of Ghostly Might:

There was a bug with this skill when it was first released that allowed it to be cast on any target, and because the death after ten seconds is hardcoded, the target was guaranteed to die. ArenaNet was forced to reset the Guild ladder after guilds used this on Guild Lords in Guild versus Guild. This is the only known forced ladder reset due to skill bugs.

So yea, current bugs still got a pretty long way to go. After all, there’s no one is getting insta gibbed within 10s of cast time, so… tough luck!

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363