Power rangers filling solo q

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

with their uselessness, screwing up all matches.

Anet do something, we’re tired.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’m seeing about 1 power ranger per match. Just because someone is playing ranger doesn’t mean they’re power LB.

I am seeing 3 times as many engies.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Unless there’s a sudden, massive change and we start getting regular, frequent balance tweaks... we’re stuck with whatever this meta develops into ’til 2015. At least we’re likely to see all classes appear at least once within 10 soloq games, which hasn’t been the case for... a while.

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

What needs to be done though? Judging from the responses in other threads (since I don’t PvP for anything other than build testing), Rangers aren’t doing well outside of low ranked soloQ.

Seems odd to nerf something that obviously isn’t working.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I don’t believe the OP is saying they are OP (tehe), but rather that he is tired of getting them on his team because he doesn’t find them useful.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

It’s been a while since any ranger (aside from spirit) was considered viable so I think people just want to enjoy the class a bit, especially power, which was joke tier before the patch. I’d say it’s nearly balanced, but most people who take Power Ranger are newbies and it’s easy to outplay them that’s why some people think the spec’s bad and not the player behind it. Others just facetank a full rapid fire without dodge/block/interrupt/LoS and then complain about how OP it is.

It will wear off

in PvP

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

That’s a core problem with soloq, its for people w anting an easy time score kitten.

Because of all the chatter, mg ranger looks attractive to those people right now.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

What needs to be done though? Judging from the responses in other threads (since I don’t PvP for anything other than build testing), Rangers aren’t doing well outside of low ranked soloQ.

Seems odd to nerf something that obviously isn’t working.

This is true to a certain extent, mostly cuz matchmakin is totally screwed and even if you’re high ranked you get paired with way lower ranked players.

the build needs to be gutted.

at least turret engies can be useful (tho toxic and 0 skill ), power rangers are just a burden.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

The idea that people running a build you don’t find useful needs to be removed is just absurd. There almost literally are an infinite number of builds across all the professions that wouldn’t be up to your contribution standards. It’s not the dev’s fault some people are playing a build with low survivability at a low level, and it’s not the dev’s job to destroy any build someone can come up with that doesn’t contribute to your particular team.

Good news for you though, berserker ranger is very difficult to play well, so if people keep dying, you won’t see it anymore except in the hands of experienced rangers. Afterall, how many backstab thieves do you see now compared to at launch.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

The idea that people running a build you don’t find useful needs to be removed is just absurd. There almost literally are an infinite number of builds across all the professions that wouldn’t be up to your contribution standards. It’s not the dev’s fault some people are playing a build with low survivability at a low level, and it’s not the dev’s job to destroy any build someone can come up with that doesn’t contribute to your particular team.

Good news for you though, berserker ranger is very difficult to play well, so if people keep dying, you won’t see it anymore except in the hands of experienced rangers. Afterall, how many backstab thieves do you see now compared to at launch.

What you’re saying is true and is also true that such useless builds should be a choice in “low rank” games.

Point is this game has no tiers, mathcmaking is a mess so power rangers are literally screwing every match in which there more than 1 per team.

This is silly, every patch solo q gets worse due to “balance” and even the “few” good players who tryharded in solo q are now starting to afk at their rating, ruining solo q even more.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

I guess just view solo q as random fun instead of for-realsies. Sometimes you wind up with 5 mesmers and sometimes you win with that.

But honestly, the number of glass LB rangers I’m seeing is pretty low. The novelty has already worn off, at least in the hours I’m playing.

in PvP

Posted by: NeonSlug.5402

NeonSlug.5402

please, every game i join has at least 3 power rangers
then as soon as your team gets behind someone leaves and its losses for days.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

And that, folks, is what we call hyperbole.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Worst thing is that most ppl actually think power ranger is good..maybe because rom likes running soloq with that or something..

Flash news for all those power rangers out here: ROM would be good even playing with no traits (And even him while on power ranger has his problems with ppl able to los his lb around)…but you guys are not ROM so just stop being freekills (I already gave up trying to rez those terds up just to see them going down again 3 secs later)…thank you.

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Worst thing is that most ppl actually think power ranger is good..maybe because rom likes running soloq with that or something..

Flash news for all those power rangers out here: ROM would be good even playing with no traits (And even him while on power ranger has his problems with ppl able to los his lb around)…but you guys are not ROM so just stop being freekills (I already gave up trying to rez those terds up just to see them going down again 3 secs later)…thank you.

That’s a little harsh;

Power ranger (ignoring outliers like ROM) is in 2 phases right now;

Phase 1) It destroys really bad players with little or no skill.

Phase 2) It takes far more skill to help your team with at medium levels, but can be quite effective/useful depending on the player.

The trick is, past absolute noob level, power ranger takes far more work than better builds. It dominates kill counts at that absolute Noob level though, which is why we get all the complaints.

My big question is ‘why aren’t those soloQ point-kittens running turret engineer?’ my theoretical answer: ‘because it’s boring. LB ranger is at least fun’.

in PvP

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I haven’t got a chance to talk to ROM in game yet, but I would like to be able to 1v1 him if its possible. While he may not main ranger, I watched the way he plays and he has a lot of potential with the class if he can learn the right rotations to maximize damage.

As for power rangers in tpvp, are you talking about zerk or actual power specs?

Power is good for dueling and roaming scenarios alone. You don’t deal enough damage to effectively help during a fight tpvp-wise and actually end up hindering your team as it is very difficult to hold a point/provide the necessary support with either damage and/or buffs.

Zerker ranger however, is good in tpvp. It would be the primary roamer of the team and would be able to sit on the sidelines and pump out enough damage to change the tide of a fight. Even if the zerk ranger can’t down the person/get the kill, putting someone on the defensive means less pressure on your teammates.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I haven’t got a chance to talk to ROM in game yet, but I would like to be able to 1v1 him if its possible. While he may not main ranger, I watched the way he plays and he has a lot of potential with the class if he can learn the right rotations to maximize damage.

As for power rangers in tpvp, are you talking about zerk or actual power specs?

Power is good for dueling and roaming scenarios alone. You don’t deal enough damage to effectively help during a fight tpvp-wise and actually end up hindering your team as it is very difficult to hold a point/provide the necessary support with either damage and/or buffs.

Zerker ranger however, is good in tpvp. It would be the primary roamer of the team and would be able to sit on the sidelines and pump out enough damage to change the tide of a fight. Even if the zerk ranger can’t down the person/get the kill, putting someone on the defensive means less pressure on your teammates.

Rom would have potetial even on condi thief…

Ark 2nd Account