Pride kept me from my true potential.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

I loved mesmers so much that I continued to play them even though they suck.

Just went back to my spam condi-mancer and facerolled people.

I kid you not, i literally just rolled my fingers across buttons 1-5 on my teldo engi, and also won numerous 1v2s on point vs decent people as well.

I will no longer let my pride get in the way of me winning.

Winning is so easy now!

All is vain.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

I don’t buy that you randomly pressed buttons on a Teldo-style engineer and facerolled people. Not gonna happen. Timing and choice IS involved with that build. Those of us who have played engineer know that.

Sorry.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

since when does “condi-mancer” refer to engineers? :/

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Winning so easy; embrace the passive play, savor the cheese.

#allisvain

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I know i will eventually fall and roll a war or a necro and start spamming random skills for easy wins…but not today…not yet, never went fotm since launch…I….must…resist the dark “noskill cheese ftw” side…but i know that darkness is coming…all is vain..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Ludus Rex.1562

Ludus Rex.1562

I know i will eventually fall and roll a war or a necro and start spamming random skills for easy wins…but not today…not yet, never went fotm since launch…I….must…resist the dark “noskill cheese ftw” side…but i know that darkness is coming…all is vain..

Right, but imagine sticking to your guns and playing your original UP class, and then that class gets buffed to the point where it becomes faceroll, easy to win, lol. They’ll call you a monster because ANET over buffed you!

You can avoid seeking out the cheese, but what will you do when the cheese comes for you?!

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Right, but imagine sticking to your guns and playing your original UP class, and then that class gets buffed to the point where it becomes faceroll, easy to win, lol. They’ll call you a monster because ANET over buffed you!

You can avoid seeking out the cheese, but what will you do when the cheese comes for you?!

If cheese comes to me i’ll get my revenge…i don’t blame wars who kept playing it even when it was trash (Like phd just to name one of the few) playing it now that is godmode, he deserved this period of faceroll for sticking to his class no matter how bad it was…i blame all of those running cheese and rerolling fotm at next patch (Plenty of them there on “top” 50 ladder) I won’t go cheese but if my main classes eventually become godmode my revenge is gonna be terrible…cause i won’t be the one who joined the dark side, dark side just joined me

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

If cheese comes to me i’ll get my revenge…i don’t blame wars who kept playing it even when it was trash (Like phd just to name one of the few) playing it now that is godmode, he deserved this period of faceroll for sticking to his class no matter how bad it was…i blame all of those running cheese and rerolling fotm at next patch (Plenty of them there on “top” 50 ladder) I won’t go cheese but if my main classes eventually become godmode my revenge is gonna be terrible…cause i won’t be the one who joined the dark side, dark side just joined me

+1

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I stuck with Warrior through the worst, then dropped it as soon as it got buffed, looking for some difficult to play underdog builds, like power ranger…

Well, maybe it is time to let the Dark Side join me…

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

K. I’ll continue to have fun and own on my power engi.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

I’ve found playing underpowered builds is pretty fun sometimes. And my power ranger gets a lot of miles, even in tournies. But if I ever get frustrated, just switch to a face roll class like warrior and SHAZAM everything is dead, or can’t kill me.

#balance

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

i only play my power ranger if the other ranger is playing a spirit build and also if there are too many spikers on the team already (thieves, eles and mesmers). it helps to be flexible sometimes. i have never been ashamed playing my spirit ranger even when people call me names. i think i’m playing it same skills when i play myglass cannon ranger.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I played mostly warrior since the solo Q came out. I ran a hammer/mace/shield shout spec. I was 16th on the leaderboard and only dropped out of the top 50 if I decayed. I then decided, just like you, that mesmer was way more fun (albeit weaker). Since then, I’ve dropped to the 200s without decay.

I am now taking the opposite approach as you. I had my fun in the sun riding the leaderboard wave with my faceroll warrior. Now, I’m happier at a lower MMR because the class is challenging and active.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

theres is no shame in winning what ever means necessary because winning is still winning happy new year

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

To follow the logic of this thread, you aren’t really winning unless you play the hardest, most micro-management class and build.

Or, play on a slow computer as well, if you want to be thought of as “really winning”.

Where do you draw the line?

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I’ll keep playing my warrior because I REALLY like the class.

I’ll just need to find hard builds to play.

Or I can craft OP faceroll builds, but ORIGINAL ones. So that the opponent will never have a chance to predict them.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

A win is a win, for the other person to complain about how that win occurred?

Don’t hate the player, hate the game, in this case, I hate GW2.

To anyone complaining about OP classes winning? It is the equivalent of the IRS giving out a $1,000 USD tax rebate to anyone who applies. If you think you are too prideful to take that rebate because of said reason, don’t hate the people who have nicer meals and garbs than you.

Just because you don’t take advantage of the current system and lose, doesn’t make you arrogant or better…it just makes you stupid for failing to adapt to what wins.

It would be like you continuing to produce model T ford cars, out of pride, when a ford fusion is clearly a better, more logical option.

Don’t get on your soapbox and explain to me why my ford fusion is an abomination, and I am using “cheese” just because you choose to not adapt in an ever changing economy and world.

All is vain.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

redslion.9675

To anyone complaining about OP classes winning? It is the equivalent of the IRS giving out a $1,000 USD tax rebate to anyone who applies. If you think you are too prideful to take that rebate because of said reason, don’t hate the people who have nicer meals and garbs than you.

Just because you don’t take advantage of the current system and lose, doesn’t make you arrogant or better…it just makes you stupid for failing to adapt to what wins.

It would be like you continuing to produce model T ford cars, out of pride, when a ford fusion is clearly a better, more logical option.

Don’t get on your soapbox and explain to me why my ford fusion is an abomination, and I am using “cheese” just because you choose to not adapt in an ever changing economy and world.

All is vain.

You have to take into account that some options might stop you from developing as a player, though.

Surely, voluntarily gimping yourself feels awkward.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

tried this

normal i play shatter mesmer but made yesterday a necro and copied a build from reddit – played since than only 5 games and won all but my time sitting in mists doing nothing is somehow longer now – before it was 5 min now its something like 15-20 minutes per match cause this class is soooo boring – Scrolling through TP more fun than killing ppl with a necro^^

i dont wanna be e-sport i go back to lose on ma mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

All is vain.

Your analogies are all off. I will give you some that makes more sense.

This is like when “shark skin” ie fast suits were introduced to competitive swimming. Many swimmers opted out but many opted in and world records were shattered due in part to this new technology.

You can compare this to any performance enhancing drug ever used in sports. While it’s legal many players will use it while many will opt out either using no enhancement (unlikely) or using other enhancements deemed “ok” by what ever governing body governs their sport.

In either case this is a problem of competition sport. If your neighbor uses HGH to feel younger in most cases you wont care or know. However if he arm wrestled you for pride or cash you just might care.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

TheGuy…

What you are really saying is that the winner does not really win “honorably” unless he plays a “hard” class that demands the most twitch, mental calculation, memory of cooldowns of all classes.

Who decides what’s “hard enough” to count? You?

Does everyone have to pass your “test” of whether their class and build is “honorable”?

Go ahead and "giimp"yourself if it feels better to you. Me, I will play what is fun and does not hinder me.

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

TheGuy.3568

TheGuy…

What you are really saying is that the winner does not really win “honorably” unless he plays a “hard” class that demands the most twitch, mental calculation, memory of cooldowns of all classes.

Who decides what’s “hard enough” to count? You?

Does everyone have to pass your “test” of whether their class and build is “honorable”?

Go ahead and "giimp"yourself if it feels better to you. Me, I will play what is fun and does not hinder me.

You read a lot more into that then what I said. Sadly you are mistaken.

Edit: Read

On another note given what you said maybe that is how you really feel. Truth is give 2 players the same build and one is likely to be better with it than the other.

BTw anet provides the technology (ie the fast suit) and sets the rules (Federation Internationale de Natation). Whether you consider it gimping yourself or not is your own perception.

Honestly when I was a football player in high school some players would use creatine to bulk up (legal) and others might take a round of steroids (illegal). In either case my perception was that of a non user. If I don’t face you on the line I could care less. Even if I face you on the line how much of that strength comes from you and how much from the drugs? Can you even tell if they are using?

When I was a wrestler they used to have rule for hair that if it was too coarse (like a from etc) you couldn’t wrestle because it gave to a competitive advantage. This is strictly genetics as coarse hair has little to do with your stylist and more to do with your lineage. In either case if you had you how had to get a finger test ( refs would run their fingers through your head). To compete you may be forced to shave or use a full head guard etc. They would do the same for facial hair as well (thus there were many clean shaven wrestlers). Long legs good for sprawling, low center of gravity good for balance, being able to sweat a lot good for staying on weight and being slippery in a match, None of that mattered but the coarseness of your hair meant quite a bit.

What we deem as fair and unfair is all perception.

Read Harrison Bergeron and you might have an inkling of how complex this topic actually is.

As far as what I posted before, the analogies given were incorrect (given the subject matter) so I provided ones more in line with the topic. That was about it.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I loved mesmers so much that I continued to play them even though they suck.

Just went back to my spam condi-mancer and facerolled people.

I kid you not, i literally just rolled my fingers across buttons 1-5 on my teldo engi, and also won numerous 1v2s on point vs decent people as well.

I will no longer let my pride get in the way of me winning.

Winning is so easy now!

All is vain.

If that’s what happened when you tried Teldo’s old point control build, imagine what would happen if you used a meta spec!

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

TheGuy,

I really don’t see that you improved his analogies, that’s all. He just said that some builds make it more straightforward to win matches, and he will use them. And the win is legitimate.

You raised the idea that some things give an advantage in competitive sports, and that is a problem.

One thing, too: shark suits came from “outside” the game, but were allowed. ArenaNet actually put the “easier” builds in as part of the game design itself. They were not new “enhancements” like a shark suit.

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Plain and simple. Since ladder has no rewards atm i rather go with challenging specs that actually force you to play good then running a war and roflstomping ppl around, the main difference is that I COULD run a war and climb up…but on the other hand how many fotm riders can run a up class and being sort of good with it too? I think pretty much everyone on high ladder knows who’s there because he’s abusing broken mechanincs and who’s actually a good player…like everyone knows who went skyhammer farm or who was a iway farmer in gw1…little community, everyone knows who’s behind the keyboard no matter a worthless ladder position..

I personally know many players that actually belong to top ladder but that aren’t there cause the don’t ride cheese builds…same goes for many so called “top” players not able to run anything outside godmode in order to do something…and many others who are running borken spec and are good players too…and they obviously dominate pretty much everything..and as i can see many of those anwering to this topic had never been on high ladder positions too even if they run wars and necros..so…yeah…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

There are no “cheese” builds. ArenaNet provided every build as legitimate part of the game.

Some folks just want to impose their opinion on what the goal of the game is.

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Sooooo your not good on mesmer and condi engis/necros faceroll you? Well sux, but still happy new year.

in PvP

TheGuy.3568

TheGuy,

I really don’t see that you improved his analogies, that’s all. He just said that some builds make it more straightforward to win matches, and he will use them. And the win is legitimate.

You raised the idea that some things give an advantage in competitive sports, and that is a problem.

One thing, too: shark suits came from “outside” the game, but were allowed. ArenaNet actually put the “easier” builds in as part of the game design itself. They were not new “enhancements” like a shark suit.

Look I have general rule if you do not read (or simply cherry pick) my post then I can’t have a conversation with you.

“BTw anet provides the technology (ie the fast suit) and sets the rules (Federation Internationale de Natation). Whether you consider it gimping yourself or not is your own perception.”

I will consider our conversation over. I do not wan’t to do the back and forth thing.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in PvP

redslion.9675

Then I’ll make my duty to show all those FoTM rerollers how old warriors play.xD

Maybe I should try SD engi again, but it allows so little variation…

(edited by redslion.9675)