Profession Readability In Team Fights

in PvP

Posted by: void.4259

void.4259

Due to professions sharing armor classes, all the spirits/illusions/minions running around, and the game’s fast pace it’s quite difficult to identify professions or even count enemy players in team fights.

How about displaying the profession icon (could be team colored) next to the health bar/title/name label over player controlled entities in the world. Also, at least in SPvP one could easily drop the title label, as it’s still available after selection in the target info view.

This would greatly increase readability, is consistent with the profession icons shown on the mini map, could be made toggleable, and should be a straightforward implementation.

(edited by void.4259)

in PvP

Posted by: theonewhoknocks.8641

theonewhoknocks.8641

Great idea. And not even for solely team fights. When going to clocktower from the back I always look who is on the far point. It’s a real hassle to click on the guy, specially when he’s standing behind boxes. I usually just look at the name and then open the roster. I really should know which profession is there right when I come up the stairs so I can make the call whether or not to go far faster. Also watching who is trebbing from the clocktower is hard cause you barely see the name and then have to open up the roster.

If names had like a tiny 16×16px icon next to their name about profession that would be great. Toggleable from settings, of course, so there’s no reason to whine about change/additions.

In fact, if I recall, don’t the NPC-s representing professions in the mists, that you can kill, already have some sort of icons indication their profession?

in PvP

Posted by: SephiRok.4362

SephiRok.4362

I see no reason why not.

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

I see no reason why not.

inb4 some daft “pro” player comes in with an argument like “this is a bad idea, it lowers skill ceiling” or something like that.

in PvP

Posted by: PartTimeSaint.6495

PartTimeSaint.6495

/signed. Way too much kitten on the screen in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Good idea

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: greyblue.4962

greyblue.4962

This sounds good, but I would add one thing: mesmer clones must have the same icon as the mesmer. We don’t need any extra tells on which one is real.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

“this is a bad idea, it lowers skill ceiling"
My poor Mesmer…. blah blah
/sarcasm

I like this idea a lot, but Mesmers would still be annoying (4 Mesmer icons in your fight)

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

First Rule of WoW PvP, always turn on class colored nameplates \o/

in PvP

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

I like this idea a lot, but Mesmers would still be annoying (4 Mesmer icons in your fight)

Easy fix: only the real Mesmer gets the profession icon (yay, revert 4 months’ worth of patches)

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

First Rule of WoW PvP, always turn on class colored nameplates \o/

Fist rule of WoW pvp, download and install Tidy Plates plugin, turn off pets, totems and allies, turn on class colour and turn on nameplate casting bars (buggy).

That also hides Miror Images clones, hunter pets, warlock pets, every other pet and totems from the nameplates.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmapakt.9853

Sigmapakt.9853

I totally agree, this would make is much better and is a very viable idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Just ask the mesmers on the opposing team to put on /lfg.. I’m sure they’ll comply.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

That’s one thing I loved about gw1 you could immediately tell what your enemies were by their visuals.

[SoF]