PvP Legendaries 2013

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I know this is old news but since Anet confirmed that PvP legendaries will come out in 2013 what do you guys think would be an appropriate price? What do you think Anet will have us gather for them? Do you think they will simultaneously be released with the new set of legendaries that are coming out in 2013?

I would love to hear theories on pricing!

[SoF]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

800 gems ^^

~~~15~~

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Can’t wait to see pony bows in a new environment! Totally the kind of reward we need! …

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Legendaries should only be given out to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place on official Anet approved tournaments.

but they will most likely make it in a way evey casual can easily get them, turning gw2 a particle effect wars, on top of the pet spam!!! who needs to see anything when we have cast bars… oh wait….

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Lux.7169

The particle effect has never bothered me in wvw.

Tournament prizes should be $$$ not pixels.

[SoF]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

How often do you do a 5v5 + AI in a capture point in WvW?

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Lux.7169

I rarely wvw but I PvP more than you. If you’re fighting 5v5 on a capture point you’re doing it wrong.

The discussion isn’t whether or not legendaries SHOULD be in PvP but rather what their costs might be.

If you want to discuss why they shouldn’t be in PvP go make a new topic or whisper me. The devs already confirmed the release of legendaries in PvP.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

I am sure the masses will love this idea, but I want legendaries to be tied exclusively to team queue. Win chests in team tournaments should offer a small chance to loot a precursor. Add 500 arcane silvers, 250k glory, add some currency you get for winning team tournaments – voilĂ  you earned a legendary!

Currently there is no incentive to form a team, when you can get (worthless) rewards quicker in solo queue. Teams require a lot of time and commitment to maintain. Getting 5 people with different schedules together every week, sticking it out through bad losses, while keeping everyone motivated – it’s work. I guarantee if they make legendaries only available through team tournament wins, many more teams will be formed.

I want The Dreamer so badly…

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

I rarely wvw but I PvP more than you. If you’re fighting 5v5 on a capture point you’re doing it wrong.

The discussion isn’t whether or not legendaries SHOULD be in PvP but rather what their costs might be.

If you want to discuss why they shouldn’t be in PvP go make a new topic or whisper me. The devs already confirmed the release of legendaries in PvP.

Mesmer puts a port to close and runs up. Can happen.

Here you go:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Say-NO-to-legendaries/first#post2741882

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Lux.7169

I am sure the masses will love this idea, but I want legendaries to be tied exclusively to team queue. Win chests in team tournaments should offer a small chance to loot a precursor. Add 500 arcane silvers, 250k glory, add some currency you get for winning team tournaments – voilĂ  you earned a legendary!

Currently there is no incentive to form a team, when you can get (worthless) rewards quicker in solo queue. Teams require a lot of time and commitment to maintain. Getting 5 people with different schedules together every week, sticking it out through bad losses, while keeping everyone motivated – it’s work. I guarantee if they make legendaries only available through team tournament wins, many more teams will be formed.

I want The Dreamer so badly…

I agree with the 500 slivers and 250k glory. The problem with requiring a precursor is that some if the precursors are already forgeable in PvP while others are not. Perhaps put a special token in the chests that people need to acquire before they can forge the legendary.

[SoF]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Making the first new pvp exclusive items in months tied to official tournaments is bound to upset the wider community. Jus’ sayin.

Does depend on the accessibility of these tournaments though, if we’re talking weekly it might work.

Phaatonn, London UK

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Ulalume.9584

Perhaps put a special token in the chests that people need to acquire before they can forge the legendary.

That would work. As long as it’s only available through team tourny win chests, I am all for it.

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Lux.7169

Making the first new pvp exclusive items in months tied to official tournaments is bound to upset the wider community. Jus’ sayin.

Does depend on the accessibility of these tournaments though, if we’re talking weekly it might work.

The problem being Caed and Jumper will have 200 legendaries and they’ll complain about how it’s a pain salvaging all their extras.

IMO tie gem prizes or $$$ to big tournaments or ATs and then just have legendaries craft able with a ton of mats to reward dedicated players. That would be my preference, but perhaps there are better ideas.

[SoF]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Lux.7169

Perhaps put a special token in the chests that people need to acquire before they can forge the legendary.

That would work. As long as it’s only available through team tourny win chests, I am all for it.

Yeah but personally I think there should be a chest for top a top 1 ,000 game in team Q to get the special chest with it in it and a special chest in Solo Q for matches with all players in the top 500. Obviously the numbers could be tweaked but this would offer incentive to climb the ladders, especially when the solo q ladder mMR is fixed.

[SoF]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

If you make them too exclusive that is a huge turn off to most people. On the flip side if they are common nobody will care. So it’s about finding a balance between skill and a time sink.

Here’s my take:

You need four pieces to craft your legendary, similar to the PvE ones. You need the precursor, and three gifts.

Precursor should just be simple. Just need X amount of glory to get. Lets say 500k maybe more.

Gift of Vanquishing- X amount of tpvp wins.

Gift of Ages- X amount of time in a certain percentage of the leaderboards.

Gift of Mastery- X amount of tpvp wins with all professions. So pretty much you need all the champion titles. (Ok, maybe this one is a bit extreme. Could change it to X amount of tpvp wins on each map.)

With all the gifts you stacks of pvp material of course.

So when you see someone with a legendary you know he/she is skilled and has also put a lot of dedication into PvP.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

250 Arcane Converter
250 Arcane Sliver
250 Arcane Orb
250 Arcane Crystal
250 Tournament tokens.
250 Tournament Tokens
R50 R60 R70 R80 should give different precursors.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Lux.7169

I can appreciate something with that amount of variety. I personally don’t want to play other professions for a legendary but I can see how it would be a good thing and promote better PvP.

500k glory is a lot and may need to be weakes if you require all if the other stuff. Basically it would be saying anyone lower than rank 40+++ can’t get one legendary no matter what. I agree with the exclusivity but maybe 500k is too much compared to the time it takes to get one in PvE.

[SoF]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

If you make them too exclusive that is a huge turn off to most people. On the flip side if they are common nobody will care. So it’s about finding a balance between skill and a time sink.

Here’s my take:

You need four pieces to craft your legendary, similar to the PvE ones. You need the precursor, and three gifts.

Precursor should just be simple. Just need X amount of glory to get. Lets say 500k maybe more.

Gift of Vanquishing- X amount of tpvp wins.

Gift of Ages- X amount of time in a certain percentage of the leaderboards.

Gift of Mastery- X amount of tpvp wins with all professions. So pretty much you need all the champion titles.

With all the gifts you stacks of pvp material of course.

So when you see someone with a legendary you know he/she is skilled and has also put a lot of dedication into PvP.

I like this idea, but I think 500k is too excessive. Maybe we should go with something like this:

Precursor – 200~250k
X gift – 50~100 tournament tokens
100~200 sliver
250 arcane powder

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Lux.7169

I really like the evolution of these ideas. I think we’re starting to see likely ingredients and perhaps if the devs could be inspired by some of these ideas.

[SoF]

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I really like this idea, it’s a good mix between skill and grinding.

/bump for this

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Just saying..

you can farm 10k+ boosters per hour on farm servers, 250k would be nothing

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

probably will make us PVE for our legendaries in PVP like all the other cool skins

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Ulalume.9584

250 Arcane Converter
250 Arcane Sliver
250 Arcane Orb
250 Arcane Crystal
250 Tournament tokens.
250 Tournament Tokens
R50 R60 R70 R80 should give different precursors.

That would make legendaries way too easy to get. The only thing most people won’t have already are the 250 Arcane Converters which translate to 250k glory.

I still think the mats needed for a legendary should come from team queue wins. We all have a full stack of those stupid tourny tokens sitting in the bank, but I’d rather see a new currency that encourages people to queue up in team queue now.

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Just saying..

you can farm 10k+ boosters per hour on farm servers, 250k would be nothing

If we consider farming servers, 250k truly isn’t hard to come by. But in the regular servers, it will take some time to get + the extra glory you will be spending to get the slivers and kits to salvage for tournament tokens…

PvP Legendaries 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

I still think the mats needed for a legendary should come from team queue wins. We all have a full stack of those stupid tourny tokens sitting in the bank, but I’d rather see a new currency that encourages people to queue up in team queue now.

Ok, every day, if you play 10 team queue matches in that day (win or lose), you get a new kind of token. You can get 1 token per day.

90 tokens buys you a precursor (that can be used in pvp or pve) 300 tokens gets you a legendary directly (again, can be used anywhere).

There you go, instant popularity for team queue. Except they’re all pve farmers. Be careful what you wish for? :p