PvP UI is abysmal

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Why fix something that isn’t broken?

It is now so frustrating to use.

I go to practice match, then I see that no one is in the room or maybe people are playing the auto-balance wars. Instead of hitting “play now” like the old PvP UI, I have to manually find a browser myself.

Now, maybe I had enough of Hotjoin and then I feel like playing Unranked/Ranked Arena. I have to leave the match, go to the Heart of the Mist and then queue up, instead of queuing up straight from the browser.

Was there a problem with that? If not, fix it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

more loading screens now.

and i can’t surf the hotjoin rooms via the old “play now” button anymore.
very sad.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

We haven’t changed ‘Play Now’, we just renamed it. It’s even still running on the old servers.

It’s possible people are doing arenas instead of hot-join because they want to.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

runeblade.7514

We haven’t changed ‘Play Now’, we just renamed it. It’s even still running on the old servers.

I don’t think you understand me because I don’t understand what you are talking about.

A. The “Play Now” button is a way for me to randomize hotjoin rooms. So no, you did not renamed it. You, devs, removed it. See screenshot: “Play Now” should be above “Create filter.”

II. The problem is that I can’t queue up in Arenas straight from hotjoin. I have to leave match and then queue up.

3. Another problem I have encountered is that I can’t play hotjoin when I am queuing for Unranked/Ranked. Why?!?

Attachments:

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I don’t think you understand me because I don’t understand what you are talking about.

A. The “Play Now” button is a way for me to randomize hotjoin rooms. So no, you did not renamed it. You, devs, removed it. See screenshot: “Play Now” should be above “Create filter.”

II. The problem is that I can’t queue up in Arenas straight from hotjoin. I have to leave match and then queue up.

3. Another problem I have encountered is that I can’t play hotjoin when I am queuing for Unranked/Ranked. Why?!?

A. How about you look a little? Or just hit the top button and it takes you to the main PvP menu where you hit “Practice” for hotjoin.

II/3. It’s a nuisance to not be able to hotjoin at the same time, yes, but queues are much faster right now.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

runeblade.7514

A. How about you look a little? Or just hit the top button and it takes you to the main PvP menu where you hit “Practice” for hotjoin.

II/3. It’s a nuisance to not be able to hotjoin at the same time, yes, but queues are much faster right now.

See screenshot: You mean this?

Nope, I can’t press that button.

Attachments:

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

justin, the “new” “play now” button is indeed changed, because once i am already in a hotjoin server, clicking on it again will not bring me into another server.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Of course you can’t you’re already in a match ?! The UI even tells it.
If you were in the Heart of the Mists, the “Custom Arena” button would be the equivalent of the old “Play now” button.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

If you were in the Heart of the Mists, the “Custom Arena” button would be the equivalent of the old “Play now” button.

the old play now button let us surf for new games.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

the old version, you click “Play now” and it automatically puts you into another match right away.

Now you have to go back to HotM, and then join a match. so there is 1 more loading screen.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

I understand the point now. Indeed, you cannot hop from one hotjoin to another with a single button anymore, you either have to use the browser or get back to the Heart of the Mists, which is indeed one more loading screen.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

the old version, you click “Play now” and it automatically puts you into another match right away.

Now you have to go back to HotM, and then join a match. so there is 1 more loading screen.

This is probably something they didn’t want us doing for one reason or another, and is working as intended. It makes it harder to browse for wins and promotes staying in a match instead of surfing. Sounds to me like it’s one of the changes to discourage 4v5s.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

runeblade.7514

This is probably something they didn’t want us doing for one reason or another, and is working as intended. It makes it harder to browse for wins and promotes staying in a match instead of surfing. Sounds to me like it’s one of the changes to discourage 4v5s.

Sounds to me that it isn’t working as intended. I still see many 4v5.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

What’s so wrong about manually looking for matches? If you don’t have hands I’d be more sympathetic.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

runeblade.7514

What’s so wrong about manually looking for matches? If you don’t have hands I’d be more sympathetic.

Because automatic is way better than manual.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

First I want to say that I love the new UI, it is amazing, great job!

Second, I like that you can’t just hit play now to “surf” to other games. However, I used it once today and noticed that it put me in a game with no other players. It should put you into games that are already started, prioritizing ones that have an uneven number of players in game (ignoring spectators). I don’t understand why the system does not work like that, it has been like this seemingly for ever.

Anyway, enough of the negatives, love all the UI changes, it looks hot and works well.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Second, I like that you can’t just hit play now to “surf” to other games. However, I used it once today and noticed that it put me in a game with no other players. It should put you into games that are already started, prioritizing ones that have an uneven number of players in game (ignoring spectators). I don’t understand why the system does not work like that, it has been like this seemingly for ever.

Anyway, enough of the negatives, love all the UI changes, it looks hot and works well.

I see that you like manually looking for rooms. That’s great.

But I don’t see any reason why you hate the “play now.”

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Yasha.5963

I didn’t say I “hate” anything. Did you read this bit:

“However, I used it once today and noticed that it put me in a game with no other players. It should put you into games that are already started, prioritizing ones that have an uneven number of players in game (ignoring spectators). I don’t understand why the system does not work like that, it has been like this seemingly for ever.”

That is my main gripe with “play now” functionality. I would actually use it if I knew that it would prioritize sending me to a 4vs5 (evening out the game), then 3vs4 etc.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I think the main reason is so people don’t leave hot joins so often. That said… Hot joins and Custom matches should be completely separate. I want to be able to que ranked while i’m dueling in a Custom match.

Other than that I think the new facelift is sexy.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Sounds to me that it isn’t working as intended. I still see many 4v5.

Ah, of course. I stand corrected. “Designed” as intended, whether or not it’s “working” is yet to be seen.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

runeblade.7514

“However, I used it once today and noticed that it put me in a game with no other players. It should put you into games that are already started, prioritizing ones that have an uneven number of players in game (ignoring spectators). I don’t understand why the system does not work like that, it has been like this seemingly for ever.”

That is my main gripe with “play now” functionality. I would actually use it if I knew that it would prioritize sending me to a 4vs5 (evening out the game), then 3vs4 etc.

No players around? Then press the button again until you see a 4v5.

If you don’t like that solution, you can always manually look for rooms. I don’t see how that justify the removal of the automatic button.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Yasha.5963

If you don’t like that solution, you can always manually look for rooms. I don’t see how that justify the removal of the automatic button.

Don’t you think it would be better if you pressed the button and it took you to a 4vs5 instead of what appears to be some random match, including ones with no players?

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Don’t you think it would be better if you pressed the button and it took you to a 4vs5 instead of what appears to be some random match, including ones with no players?

It does for me. Nine out of ten times.

Still doesn’t justify the removal of the automatic button. If you wanted to find a match, you can manually find them without the automatic button existing or not.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Edmo.7159

Edmo.7159

A: Yeah it is bad, i always click on a filter “standard” or “1×1” and press the “play now” button and it put me in a match based on the filter i chose. I know when you chose a filter it will chance the list of rooms in the window but the list take like 7 seconds to load here, so i always press “play now” before it loads and enter in one match based on the filter. I don’t know if the “pratice” button will take the filter into account.

II. It is to avoid people leaving hot join in the middle of the match, or people don’t enter the queued match because something important is happening in the hot join match.

3. Same as II

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Huh? Someone has a problem with the new ui?…

It’s beautiful, functional, and clean please have my babies Evan.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

please, return “play now” button.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Darnis.4056

There is a play now button.. it’s in the new PVP ui, it’s called practice,
how are you not getting this?

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

fumcheg.1936

it’s already described above. even screenshots are attached. just read.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Darnis.4056

So you want the ability to gamehop and create imbalanced games?…….
God you hotjoin heros…

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

fumcheg.1936

I want an ability to change map when I’m joined to 300:0 game or (which is much worse) to skyhammer map.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Practice isn’t there to facilitate a good game. it’s there for you to get the lay of the map and maybe practice some rotations/ try new builds.

Ques are like less then 1 minute right now, why not enjoy a 5v5 game from start to finish instead?

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

fumcheg.1936

well, it’s nice that you think you can decide if hotjoin is good for anybody… but no, I don’t want to w8 for several minutes between arenas in prime time. and more like eternity all the other time.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I never decided anything, read.

Hotjoin was never meant to facilitate games, it’s only there to learn and has aptly been renamed “practice”.

My que times have been below the average of 2 minutes. If you can’t wait 2 minutes for a half decent game, then don’t complain.

No Introducing the Game hop now button just to appease people who want to make practice even more unplayable isn’t the answer.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

fumcheg.1936

oh, now you think you know what hotjoin meant. that is still nice.

but now I’ll wait for anet reaction. sorry for leaving you here along with your knowledge.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Yes, I realize that automated hotjoin surfing is indeed necessary for you hotjoin heroes to find matches to turn into automatic blowouts by autobalance manipulation.

However, the large majority of the community doesn’t care and will probably now move to unranked queue.

Also:

Practice isn’t there to facilitate a good game. it’s there for you to get the lay of the map and maybe practice some rotations/ try new builds.

Ques are like less then 1 minute right now, why not enjoy a 5v5 game from start to finish instead?

Ranger//Necro

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Anet has already made a response. Read it.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Yes, I realize that automated hotjoin surfing is indeed necessary for you hotjoin heroes to find matches to turn into automatic blowouts by autobalance manipulation.

However, the large majority of the community doesn’t care and will probably now move to unranked queue.

Also:

both unranked and ranked games do not work for a lot of people.

PvP UI is abysmal

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Also:

It is also necessary to find different players to play, get out of imbalanced games easily, and find good matching.

If you don’t care that’s great. Not caring =/= opposition.