we want answers
we want changes

Attachments:

(edited by Egaz.1748)

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you don’t see many people there because they are playing.

there will always be players playing in hotjoin, the server list for 5 vs 5 rooms is always one full page.

though the players may not play very long, often long enough to complete their dailies, but there will always be players playing in hotjoin.

as for the number of solo arena or team arena games, that one we do not know unless they start to be more transparent with the numbers.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

for example,
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
Current Players – Peak Today – Game
311,691 – 766,644 – Dota 2

steam is transparent with the stats of the players.

perhaps gw2 can do the same?

Current Players – Peak Today – Game Mode
? – ? – Custom Arena
? – ? – Solo Arena
? – ? – Team Arena

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

It’s not dying. It’s getting overrun by achievement point hunters. Veterans are leaving because they are just getting fed up being paired with and against idiots thinking loading the newest meta build on their character means they are pro.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Exactly why we need new players…. if the good veterans are leaving you need players. They need to learn to pvp just like the veterans did. So now a player may become interested in pvp and find they lIke it. But what needs to not happen is the brutal whining, I can admit when im beaten by skill not just build and it’s something people need to learn to do instead of just qqing about a build. On another note how about nerf the s/d theives…..

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Fourth.1567

Fourth.1567

High-rated PvP isn’t dying; it’s dead.

In fact I believe its funeral was held sometime last year if you missed it.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

…it’s a closing mega server during non-peak hours

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

PvP is dying.
1. No more PvP backpacks.
2. No more PvP skins (the pvp exclusive skins are no longer obtainable)
3. No more Glory Vendors
4. Nothing but a bunch of chests for the PvE’er.
5. PvP rank 80 is obtainable in 3 months time, so PvE’ers can get achievements…
However WvW titles take years. WvW max rank takes years.
PvP got shafted.
Hotjoins are no longer fun.
Solo que is fighting same people all day.
People say PvP is doing good, but its just a bunch of random PvE’ers in the PvE friendly hearts of the mist.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

PvP is dying.
3. No more Glory Vendors
PvP got shafted.
People say PvP is doing good, but its just a bunch of random PvE’ers in the PvE friendly hearts of the mist.

To add to this we can’t even get tonics (quaggan?) to work properly in hotm. It took me almost that 1 month (torture) to do the latest pve event for the tonic only to realize I can’t use it in hotm, gg anet.

Anyone that plays this game still agrees that the combat is the only thing keeping us playing, other than that competition has always been degrading way before TP (or TC) quit. The loss of acquiring gems from only pvp was another hit.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Exactly why we need new players…. if the good veterans are leaving you need players. They need to learn to pvp just like the veterans did. So now a player may become interested in pvp and find they lIke it. But what needs to not happen is the brutal whining, I can admit when im beaten by skill not just build and it’s something people need to learn to do instead of just qqing about a build. On another note how about nerf the s/d theives…..

The thing is… those “new” players are actually only there to grind achievements, and then they leave. They arent even trying to be good or fair. They just want to get their achievements and rewards as fast as possible. Resulting in people leaving hotjoin games as soon as they realize they are not getting carried, wanna-be meta build runners in solo que with no clue about team work or the maps themselves – or even the build they are currently running.

In short: those new players view spvp as a chore, with no interest in any kind of spvp community or real competitive playstyle.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Anyone that plays this game still agrees that the combat is the only thing keeping us playing

I have to say, seeing that combat system not brought out to at least half of its potential is the most depressing thought for me in my gaming history. They could have done amazing things with that as the basis.

Oh well, back to first person shooters.

(edited by Zuik.7158)

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

perhaps gw2 can do the same?

they won’t. those numbers are shameful.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: DrMaluco.9380

DrMaluco.9380

Considering

horrible balance of classes
horrible, same maps
and cheesy meta over all

no wonder it’s dead, it’s nothing more then a waste of time, at least i got diablo 3

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Egaz.1748

Egaz.1748

PvP is dying.
3. No more Glory Vendors
PvP got shafted.

that’s the point…. the picture is just sarcastic….

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

If it wasnt dying you would have evenly matched teams and players in rated games. The MMR and exp is all over the place tho, which leads to believe that only 20ish ppl are in queue at a given time.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Kirby.9138

Kirby.9138

It’s so depressing the best part of the game is dead. Waiting in 5+ minute queues to have some fun and then end with a few PVE chests is what’s killing the action.

Add in some skins, cosmetic rewards. Take out the PVE chests. Hey, we might get some people into PVP.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

The game (with PvP) is 2 years old soon. Let’s keep a positive attitude and try to get over this like many players did before us, for more than a year. If you strongly do not like what is going on in PvP, feel free to move towards some other form of gaming.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

To me the game is still in beta, so many features still arnt implemented, but the great thing about this game is you can stop playing for a year and come back and you might get a new pvp map!

But srsly the devs have talked about:

• new legendaries for this year
  • guild halls
  • polymock
  • bar brawl
  • real pvp ladders
  • new game modes
  • more balance patches
  • PVE/PVP SKILL SEPARATION (way before the game came out, like comon)
  • real pve (everything is faceroll)
  • actual achievements (like clear 5 elite instances to make a real legendary, or place well in a pvp tourney and get a unique pvp skin)
  • sets of alternating wvw maps

so many things, so much living world, so much waiting :/

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

• more balance patches

I hope Blu can persuade them to restart the Sotga stream , but this time the devs will do the questions , like :

How many traits per month they should introduce for each class .
How long will they w8 before they nerf them .
Will they buff underperforming spells slowly > the results will show up after 3-4 months or at tournament events (ppl keep them in secret) .
Or they should buff them to rhe roof and nerf them slowly next week ?
Should the first month be a balance period patch (buff-nerf spells) , while the second will be a more boring-relaxed month without balances ? (and repeat on third?)

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

arenanet is not stupid – they know when people dont accept the pvp system and leave the game after release than they will not recover from this (normal in all failed games)

so they dont even trie anymore and let it die

after 2 years everyone should can see this^^

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Dace.2697

Dace.2697

there is no incentive to play pvp (beside of daily). I am rank 80 , 6 champion titles, over 1.8k tournament played and now pvp retired. As long as skyhammer exist I am staying retired. Unless some friends call me for tpvp.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

It’s unplayable – not because of the ridiculous builds they created with the last patch – it’s because they force new players to play with experience players. It’s miserable for both.

Hotjoin is teaching people nothing but BAD habits – rage quit, double cap points, run dumb builds, etc.

sPvP is even worse. My win rate used to be over 60% when it was mostly experienced players on both sides and communication before/during the match. Now, it’s just a glorified hotjoin and people don’t even care or try.

I tried helping new people, talking strategy before the match, etc. but nobody cares anymore, so I just go through the motions too.

Occasionally, you can get a decent run of tPvP, but it’s sad what has happened and how many people have quit.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

It’s unplayable – not because of the ridiculous builds they created with the last patch – it’s because they force new players to play with experience players. It’s miserable for both.

Hotjoin is teaching people nothing but BAD habits – rage quit, double cap points, run dumb builds, etc.

sPvP is even worse. My win rate used to be over 60% when it was mostly experienced players on both sides and communication before/during the match. Now, it’s just a glorified hotjoin and people don’t even care or try.

I tried helping new people, talking strategy before the match, etc. but nobody cares anymore, so I just go through the motions too.

Occasionally, you can get a decent run of tPvP, but it’s sad what has happened and how many people have quit.

that mirrors my experience too.
i found myself not playing gw2 anymore. played gw1 for 8y. waited so long for gw2.
kept playing, kept believing. till now.
its just gone, everything.

recently started a beta – the twitchers are featured on frontpage-gameclient albeit not partnered. they even get spoilers from the devs to tease the viewers. the devs play and talk on stream regularily. A READY BUTTON. report system for leavers/afk. i am rank 23k something but guess what… i can see my rank (no percentage of all leaderboard) and my rating. i almost forgot how incredible it is to see your own rating and see it change through the matches.
nothing more, thats the incentive given – and its enough!!!

i had to admit to myself the devs really dont care about pvp, no matter what they might say officially.
there was a time where i got hyped – about the time grouch got hired.
in truth nothing has changed. (there were lots of updates which was probably a lot of work and i really appreciate that). for the simplicity of QoL changes to pvp nothing is different.
we dont know MMR (and/or the system behind it)
nothing to prevent uneven matches in first place (ready button)
no form of communication in matches of whatsoever (advanced pings)
there are no incentives to raise the teamspirit (a team lasts longer than 5 teamed-up single players) like teamQ, team-ratings, ig-tournaments.

it could have been…
the true potential of this game is so incredibly high.

to speak truth, i fully respect and appreciate the work you have done, it really is an awesome game. i just expected it to be far more pvp oriented (as published)

edit: still waiting on a pvp focused CDI

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

(edited by kito.1827)

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: leungctm.1362

leungctm.1362

Game is dead. No point playing.

ACBDEFG NET are bad at balancing the game.

let the game die , is ABCDEG NET’s fault

Top 50 NA Tpvp Guardian (Rizzylard)
Best Mercenary Guardian you can find to fill your last slot.
Keep Calm and PVP Hard.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

PvP is dying.
3. No more Glory Vendors
PvP got shafted.

1. What is a PvP Backpack?
2. Because they converged PvP and PvE skins which is a good thing since PvP ranks are easier to get. Makes you work for your skins by winning gems and other prizes in tournaments like ToL.
3. Why would you need glory vendors when we no longer use glory?
4. Not true. You salvage the items you get from them, sell the mats you receive for gold, buy the skins you were qq’ing about with the gold you receive. Luck grants you better items out of chests.
5. PvP achievements still take a while. If you get to 80 in 3 months, that’s pretty solid. At the old rate it would have taken another year for anyone to reach it. It was near unreachable. Sure, WvW takes forever, but who cares?
6. Hotjoins were never fun.
7. 8/9 people are different in every solo queue I get.
8. PvP is doing better than it ever has before. We have weekly conquest tournaments that are open for all to join as well as 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments. On top of that we have ToL being hosted every 2-3 months. There’s more to come as well.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

PvP is dying.
3. No more Glory Vendors
PvP got shafted.

1. What is a PvP Backpack?
2. Because they converged PvP and PvE skins which is a good thing since PvP ranks are easier to get. Makes you work for your skins by winning gems and other prizes in tournaments like ToL.
3. Why would you need glory vendors when we no longer use glory?
4. Not true. You salvage the items you get from them, sell the mats you receive for gold, buy the skins you were qq’ing about with the gold you receive. Luck grants you better items out of chests.
5. PvP achievements still take a while. If you get to 80 in 3 months, that’s pretty solid. At the old rate it would have taken another year for anyone to reach it. It was near unreachable. Sure, WvW takes forever, but who cares?
6. Hotjoins were never fun.
7. 8/9 people are different in every solo queue I get.
8. PvP is doing better than it ever has before. We have weekly conquest tournaments that are open for all to join as well as 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments. On top of that we have ToL being hosted every 2-3 months. There’s more to come as well.

is this a dev lol? cause it sounds like you actually believe GW2 pvp = e-sports.
PvP was never doing good in the first place, so hows it doing better than it ever was before? Theres barely any twitch viewers when these pvp tourneys are being played. The ToL finals were a joke lol. Couldn’t even beat out runescape for viewers. this MMOs PvP scene has long been abandoned by the community and by the devs. There is absolutely no money in PvP for anet so they will not focus even the slighest in this aspect. Whatever is left of pvp is thanks to a dedicated group but it is dwindling. Its as dull and boring as its ever been.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Yes, I am dev who secretly has another account on the forums. Lol.

I believe GW2 will do better than it is because things are going to happen. Is there a problem with that? I’ve also never seen you in team queue so I’m going to make the assumption that you’re the average PvE player who came into PvP on April 15th and is a Rank 13 Night Elf Dragon Beast Hunter with the ability to shoot fire.

There was a few thousand watching, actually. It was rather nice to have that amount.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Yes, I am dev who secretly has another account on the forums. Lol.

I believe GW2 will do better than it is because things are going to happen. Is there a problem with that? I’ve also never seen you in team queue so I’m going to make the assumption that you’re the average PvE player who came into PvP on April 15th and is a Rank 13 Night Elf Dragon Beast Hunter with the ability to shoot fire.

There was a few thousand watching, actually. It was rather nice to have that amount.

You probably haven’t PvP’ed as long as I have, because you don’t know what glory was used for. Also you don’t even know what PvP bags are. Another thing you think “things are going to happen”. Newsflash they been saying things will happen for over year. To be honest I use to be like you, “ooh ya GW2 will come around”, a couple months later, nothing happened but disappointments.

Give ya a little history lesson. There use to be a lot of active things called state of the game. In one of those state of the games a developer was arguing with one of the cast members and he told him “would you be happy if we could save your build templates” and the cast member said “yes”…. many many months later. You have a pvp build tab. Does pretty much samething what you’d do in the hero tab. ZERO options to save and reload build templates.

That’s just 1 issue/ thing they promised that never happened out of many things.

Another thing, backpacks were 500 glory before I left, you get whatever your rank is, so you cant get 12 slots if your rank 40. There was none of that 1 gold plus 2000 glory, making life kitten a pvp’er bullkitten, that it claims on wiki. Matter fact I think wiki (official) is owned by developer because theres a thing called soldier’s ruck as you can see in my 2nd screenshot. PvP 15 slot bag… Not on wiki. costed 500 glory, no gold, nothing more, nothing less. Also wiki is wrong, tribal armor was obtained through glory vendor chests, not through some reward system, that is if referring to reward tracks.

Btw, since you haven’t played pvp long enough to know what the pvp bags are and what pvp exclusive armor is, I went ahead and screenshotted what pvp backpacks are. As well as pvp exclusive armor.

Also I’ll send you links to them as well to help educate you.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glory_Rewards_Vendor
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tribal_armor

Attachments:

PvP is dying

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Nice troll topic, you can get the exact same result by afking in Lions Arch for several hours to where everyone leaves the MegaServer map.

Also, it’s 23:54….