R70 vs R1 , nice matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

Yeah I fought Buck Ditt and his team. Needless to say they got completely annihilated.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

i would like to hear what is anet mm algorithm that ends up in this comp. what could possibly be an explanation? each player on red team is outranked by player on blue team. timing? but that is though entire comp.

mistery…

in PvP

Nabbo.2845

i would like to hear what is anet mm algorithm that ends up in this comp. what could possibly be an explanation? each player on red team is outranked by player on blue team. timing? but that is though entire comp.

mistery…

The population is super low, which is probably why this happens

in PvP

gesho.9468

pop is low, but why this should happen? these ppl queued, even after putting first couple of players on each side, it was obvious that one side was skewed. why now correct at third, fourth, fifth player. this is completely blue sided queue.

i dont see any explanation to this but flawed mm sys. i would very much appreciate red comment here.

in PvP

Nabbo.2845

pop is low, but why this should happen? these ppl queued, even after putting first couple of players on each side, it was obvious that one side was skewed. why now correct at third, fourth, fifth player. this is completely blue sided queue.

i dont see any explanation to this but flawed mm sys. i would very much appreciate red comment here.

I’m guessing that if there are low ranked players vs high ranked players it’s a matter of not having sufficient people of the same MMR to be put against. Maybe if the system was more complex it could avoid going as far as picking up a Rank 1 to go against players who are on top of the leaderboards.

in PvP

gesho.9468

I’m guessing that if there are low ranked players vs high ranked players it’s a matter of not having sufficient people of the same MMR to be put against. Maybe if the system was more complex it could avoid going as far as picking up a Rank 1 to go against players who are on top of the leaderboards.

i see. you are saying mm is mmr based, not ranke based.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

That’s what they do all the time. And if there is another top team they will queue dodge each other. System is obviously flawed and I hope something will be done about this issue in the future. We have to force top teams to actually play against each other rather than just farming less experienced players all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Oh you ran into us.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

I have to agree with low population. Thats why it all so important to balance SPvP and attract new players to SPvP. The formula is great and works as intended when population is up. Matchmaking during peak time is usually the best matches.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

No wonder PvP is dying!!!

Marvin keeps on bullying all the new players! >:(

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

It’s because no one plays this game dude..it’s not their matchmaking system. Their is no one to match high rated teams against because their is no population in gw2..If after 2 years people are that clueless about certain things, well you need to workout your brain a little harder. Or alot harder.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I’ve had an idea about matchmaking, take the average rank of the 5 players on each team. In this case

Red: 23
Blue: 67

Considering that R23 player has about 70,000 rank points and R67 player has 2,000,000 rank points is it a surprise that red lost. Not for me, and the matchmaking system is horribly flawed for letting this type of match happen.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

This is team queue not solo queue.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

The longer you wait in q the wider the match making net reachs until teams are made, also the difference in rating of the teams drastically alters the points won and lost for the players, the higher team probably got next to no points.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

The programmers are doing their best, I’m sure. You just need to give them time. Que’s were introduced how many months ago? 3? 7? 18? Who’s counting. They need more time to sort through all lumps in their sleek coding but it will take time.

PS Buy Gems.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in PvP

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I think it would be more helpful if the game displayed your ladder rank instead of displaying your rank as a result of rank points.

The two are correlated but not related.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Cue people saying “But rank doesn’t matter”.

Scoffs

Yeah right.

in PvP

Posted by: leungctm.1362

leungctm.1362

i apologize for the bad match making system!

Top 50 NA Tpvp Guardian (Rizzylard)
Best Mercenary Guardian you can find to fill your last slot.
Keep Calm and PVP Hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Eri.8560

Eri.8560

I like how blue team showed no mercy.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

I’m almost rank 40…but how do you turn on rank preview?

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

We do show mercy, we let them get past 0 points for them to get credit for the game.

[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ

in PvP

google.3709

We do show mercy, we let them get past 0 points for them to get credit for the game.

Show real mercy! only cap 1 point and spawn camp for the remaining 15 mins! LIKE A MAN!

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Show real mercy! only cap 1 point and spawn camp for the remaining 15 mins! LIKE A MAN!

No, let them trip cap and win by kills.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

We can’t do roster shuffling in Team Arena, so lopsided matches like this can and do happen.

This likely happened because 1) rank isn’t factored into MM at all, 2) the players on the red team had an MMR near the default MMR , 3) blue team doesn’t have a very high MMR despite of having very high ranks, and/or they had been waiting in the queue long enough for their MMR range to expand enough to encompass the MMR of the red team.

We have been actively working to MM more intelligent, but those changes are not yet ready for testing. We will have more news about the MM changes as we get closer to releasing them.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

We can’t do roster shuffling in Team Arena, so lopsided matches like this can and do happen.

This likely happened because 1) rank isn’t factored into MM at all, 2) the players on the red team had an MMR near the default MMR , 3) blue team doesn’t have a very high MMR despite of having very high ranks, and/or they had been waiting in the queue long enough for their MMR range to expand enough to encompass the MMR of the red team.

We have been actively working to MM more intelligent, but those changes are not yet ready for testing. We will have more news about the MM changes as we get closer to releasing them.

U forgot to add “current matchmaking system is broken”

in PvP

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Because of responses like yours, you wonder why devs do not want to post more than they do. Childish.

in PvP

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

You should stop spending all your resources on this MMR and start working on new game modes. The real problem in gw2 pvp is the ridiculously low population. Needless to say what a higher population would do to benefit the current situation..

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

Thank you for replying to this thread Justin, I appreciate it.

However I don’t agree with one of your suppositions. T O K I M O N S T A, Reikou, Super Mang Jose, Rizzy Treeziy, and Five Gauge are (or have been) top 25 in TeamQ Leaderboards, so it’s nearly impossible that blue team has an MMR near the default. Seems like the MM system didn’t do a good job here. How long would a team with a top 100 MMR need to wait in the queue before it was matched up with a team that had an MMR near the default? Also, where would someone with a default MMR fall in the current leaderboard? 50% 60% 70%, 80%?

(edited by Soul.9280)

in PvP

google.3709

No, let them trip cap and win by kills.

15 mins 100kills! you got a challenge!

Riz was bringing down the blue’s MMR! now matchmaking makes sense!

in PvP

Posted by: LexIcon.2819

LexIcon.2819

Thank you for your input.

Sadly I do not agree that time spent on balancing matchmaking is a time well spent. Certain classes need adjustments and if you are taking sPvP semi-seriously, you should find a full time team or at least stack with someone else (a guild prehaps)

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

MMR is a different team. Justin works on MMR as a server programmer, while designers and artists work on new game modes.

Re: low pop
Reward changes and a few other things coming in the feature build should help with that.

(edited by Allie Murdock.8152)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Any news on lowering the default MMR that causes a lot of these issues? Starting MMR is clearly way to high and causes a lot of 4v5s essentially as they get into it way over their heads. Its a bad situation for the experienced players who can’t carry someone clueless, and the new players who don’t enjoy getting curb-stomped and are likely to quit. Its better to start players off lower, as even if they do turn out to be fantastic, one amazing player trying to carry a team has a much less drastic impact than one bad player tanking the whole team.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Because of responses like yours, you wonder why devs do not want to post more than they do. Childish.

I play this game since 1st beta and i saw how this game is going down , i payied money fore it so i have the right to complain.

Realy is it so hard to add few things to matchmaking? 1st set some tier for example ranks 1-30 are in seperate que , we would avoid of those kind situations

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I play this game since 1st beta and i saw how this game is going down , i payied money fore it so i have the right to complain.

Realy is it so hard to add few things to matchmaking? 1st set some tier for example ranks 1-30 are in seperate que , we would avoid of those kind situations

Tier’s would be great, but we need more population for that to work. Otherwise, the 9 rank 30+ players on at any time would have nobody to play against and really long queues. :-)

in PvP

Posted by: Horo.7395

Horo.7395

How about this?
This is Solo Queue NOT Team Arena
And yes, this is 4v5 from start to finish.

You should work on a “Real” MMR System instead of roster shuffling on 10 people.
Its obvious even Red team’s leaver is a Rank 70,
Its still pretty stacked on Blue.

I used to think LoL’s Matchmaking is bad, then I played gw2…….

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

How about this?

You should work on a “Real” MMR System instead of roster shuffling on 10 people.

Dude… Not ok to post a picture where you censor your team’s names, but not the opposing team’s names.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Like somebody else said, due to awesome randomness anybody can be top 1 ladder board, farming lvls 1 is not very difficult.

HAHAHAHA!!! xD That R1 player got baptized good for sure.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in PvP

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

How about this?

And dude, its a 4v5…

And it looks like your R3 participated as much as anyone else on your team.

Again, rank is not indicative of the players MMR.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

snip

Rank does not necessary correlate to skill, it is most closely correlated with time invested in the game. Time spent correlates with skill, but it has diminishing returns.

Roster shuffling, to be consistent with matchmaking, currently only uses MMR and ignores rank.

This will be changing, but we aren’t ready to talk about the details. I will say that we have definitely included a lot community feedback from past threads, and I believe it’s a substantial improvement. I’m definitely looking forward to another round of community collaboration.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Like somebody else said, due to awesome randomness anybody can be top 1 ladder board, farming lvls 1 is not very difficult.

HAHAHAHA!!! xD That R1 player got baptized good for sure.

Yep, probably never play sPvP again.

Some players after experiencing that sort of thing never, ever, ever go near it again.

Probably one of the reasons why sPvP population is so low, new blood is put off before they get going/have a chance.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

snip

Rank does not necessary correlate to skill, it is most closely correlated with time invested in the game. Time spent correlates with skill, but it has diminishing returns.

Roster shuffling, to be consistent with matchmaking, currently only uses MMR and ignores rank.

This will be changing, but we aren’t ready to talk about the details. I will say that we have definitely included a lot community feedback from past threads, and I believe it’s a substantial improvement. I’m definitely looking forward to another round of community collaboration.

Especially with all the skyhammer farmers going around, rank means nothing at all

in PvP

Posted by: Horo.7395

Horo.7395

snip

I am sure it have diminishing returns.
I say the diminishing return kicks in at about lv30.
But lets be real here, a lv3 should not be in that game.

Just fyi, most of the names on that screenshot is top 100-1000 on Solo Queue Leaderboard.
And a lv3 should never been on that game. Any team gets him is an auto-loss.
Thats the major flaw of Matchmaking right now, anyone plays enough Solo Queue knows this, and this is why everyone saying Solo Queue its a joke.

These types of imbalance team don’t happen every game, but it sure as hell happen every 5-10 games depending on what time you queue up, obviously less when you queue at peak hrs but still happen from time to time.

You should remove hotjoin (Because honestly it an unbalance zerg fest and just teach bad habits to new players) and just make a Normal Queue like League, which still match ppl up with their MMR, but without restriction and the rank pressure. (Actually just rename Team Arena to that and dont show the ranks and you got it.) Then restrict Solo Queue to lv30+ in order to queue up, maybe then this pile of pvp mess have a hope to rebuild.

in PvP

fishball.7204

Matchmaking itself isn’t really “broken” it’s just that the population is so terribly low that it just doesn’t work. The system was probably designed with an intended group of players much larger than the current PvP population.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Yep, probably never play sPvP again.

Some players after experiencing that sort of thing never, ever, ever go near it again.

Probably one of the reasons why sPvP population is so low, new blood is put off before they get going/have a chance.

This is surely happening. I know I’m struggling with it. I only want to pvp with friends, so that means team queue.. which means I’m getting consistently matched up against people who have spent far more time in spvp than me. Our guild group comprises of 3 people who have been tpvping a lot lately and they’re all in the 20-30 range, then the last two spots are filled by various others, all of us being low ranks. We’re not doing that bad though. Quite a few of our loses are by 30-40 points which is decent I suppose. Though we see more loses than wins, which can be a bit wearing. Then there’s last night when we were matched against an obvious coordinated, high ranking team. It was absolute slaughter and completely no fun. So yeah.. makes it a bit hard to keep going back when one isn’t fully into pvp. I wish things were a bit more even rather than pvp newbies being thrown in the deep end.

in PvP

fishball.7204

Pugging team queue and stuff like this happens…

Attachments:

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Is the hidden MMR on these two teams supposed to be similar? My team was a PUG.

Attachments:

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

If A-Net every get the coding around, having NA+EU combined into 1 MMR would fix much of the issues, as the low pooling is very apparently. Also from the screenshot, you can see that your player ranking is all over the place, MMR isn’t really averaged out as it seems to take the highest MMR player into account more predominately.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Attachments:

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

The way MMR is calculated in this game is really bad. New players have the possibilitie to skyrocket to top 100 spots within 10 games. Most of the times due to luck. Getting in the right teams or winning 5v4s for example.

As a result of that youll see guys who are subpar in the top 200 or even 100 with records like 10-7 or something like that. While i dont mind them being on those spots on the ladder….i do mind them in games that could be a high quality game between top 200-300 players.

Lack of experience is really hard to overcome. Youre literally throwing guys that started to pvp this week in the same games as tournament level players with 10k + games played.

I really really hope that the new system fixes this:

I would create a beginner league similar to for example smite. Let ppl win x number of games (lets say 50 or 100) before they can join laddergames. So if they queue they get in to a soloq version that has MMR but doesnt put them on the ladder. That way MMR can settle a bit and new players get used to the way conquest works.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Message Body length must at least be 15.

That’s a Team Arena. If you’re complaining about the rank of your team maybe you should select better friends?

We know its team arena because a loss = 15 silver