Raid on Capricorn Sharks reduction?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I’ve just notice the sharks on Raid on Capricorn have been reduce. Why is that? because I actually liked the challenge it gave when you go under water. Have players complained about this issue or something else?

I hope they can return those numbers of sharks one day because it does defeat the challenge on trying to take ruins or escaping.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

you are obviously the only one who liked them it was more Player vs Sharks then Player vs Player map its fine now :P

PS: pls fix that bug when you dont get more then 5 glory for kill, no defend bonus etc on this map :/

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

you are obviously the only one who liked them it was more Player vs Sharks then Player vs Player map its fine now :P

PS: pls fix that bug when you dont get more then 5 glory for kill, no defend bonus etc on this map :/

I guess so :P because I didn’t mind the sharks at all. To me it brought flavor to the battleground unlike the others where it is pretty much capture the node and kill the monsters to gain points. In Raid of Capricorn players don’t won’t to risk their lives to gain ruins because they know the outcome. However it is a different ball game when you take the ruins. I guess that’s why I liked it since players aren’t the only thing to worry about in the water. Since this game is about teamwork I didn’t see the reason why the reduce on sharks was needed.

If anything reducing the sharks in Raid of Capricorn kills the purpose on capturing node. Heck maybe I like difficult stuff, but I guess certain players did not like getting killed by the sharks because they didn’t get their target. I thinking that’s one of the main reason right there for this to happen.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Oracle Fefe.5078

Oracle Fefe.5078

The problem with the sharks isn’t just the sharks on ruins. It’s shark + player (usually Mesmer or Thief but any class) on ruins.

Hell, in my sPvP times when I was going for a win. I’d cap node quickly with Mesmer abilities and I could never lose it. Even when a team of 5+ came in I usually survived long enough to make a difference or reinforcements of one or two came in and we defended the point easily.
Obviously, when it comes to computer controlled AI for one player it’s a giant handicap for the one without em. And 3+ sharks means you’re not facing one player and a shark, but one player with equal skills as you (in a perfect world) and 3+ sharks with the ability to hit massive and make you bleed along with the futility of getting the cap (Won’t really know your underwater skills so well, necro minions disappear, reinforcement, cant fire cannon there.) People didn’t like it one bit and even detest that all spvp servers have it.

in PvP

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

One player vs 10 shark would easily die to them, ANet think shark should be a support not a player killing machine, I guess.

We’re out of chicken

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

The problem with the sharks isn’t just the sharks on ruins. It’s shark + player (usually Mesmer or Thief but any class) on ruins.

Hell, in my sPvP times when I was going for a win. I’d cap node quickly with Mesmer abilities and I could never lose it. Even when a team of 5+ came in I usually survived long enough to make a difference or reinforcements of one or two came in and we defended the point easily.
Obviously, when it comes to computer controlled AI for one player it’s a giant handicap for the one without em. And 3+ sharks means you’re not facing one player and a shark, but one player with equal skills as you (in a perfect world) and 3+ sharks with the ability to hit massive and make you bleed along with the futility of getting the cap (Won’t really know your underwater skills so well, necro minions disappear, reinforcement, cant fire cannon there.) People didn’t like it one bit and even detest that all spvp servers have it.

I guess I’m the only one who didn’t see anything wrong with it. I usually accept whatever the games offer and I accepted the fact that sometimes you need help to take over ruins depending whoever have it under controlled. If all fails on taking ruins then the team have to hold the other two bases until the defenses in ruins decreases unless the team can turtle the other two bases until game is over.

One player vs 10 shark would easily die to them, ANet think shark should be a support not a player killing machine, I guess.

If you have high defense you can survive the shark assault with ease and remove the bleed condition. The sharks are support when a team takes over the ruins and they guard whoever tries to take over the ruins. That was the one of the only challenges on that battlefield. Ever since they reduce the numbers a lot of scared players got braver now.

You can tell I dislike easy stuff :P.

Pineapples