Ranger downed state is unacceptable. Discuss

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

ArenaNet, did anyone call for a buff to Ranger’s downed state? AoE daze interrupt (good damage, too), bleeds that scale off of normal stats while downed, and a self-revive was not good enough? No, it must be a guaranteed revive in order for ArenaNet to be pleased, apparently. After 8 seconds have passed and no stomp, a Ranger will 100% revive for sure. Pet’s revive used to heal for 400 HP per tick. Now it has tripled that after the unnecessary buff. It’s like Vengeance but better because the Ranger is actually alive at that point.

Ask yourself this, ArenaNet. What beats a Ranger in downed state? Say a Guardian and a Ranger both get downed at the same time. Who will win? The answer is: absolutely no one except maybe Elementalist, because they could possibly move away and revive themselves, too. However, even Elementalist’s downed state was deemed overpowered and confirmed to be nerfed in the future by devs.
————————————————————————————————

Fun fact: Rangers can use all of their F1-4 skills while downed! Yes, not only can they AoE daze interrupt, but they can fear you for 2 seconds while downed. This must be unintended, because no other class can use their F class mechanics while downed – it’s just the Ranger. And the pet skills disappear from the UI while you are downed, but the Ranger can still hit their F2 and fear you for 2 seconds.

Thoughts?

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

After 8 seconds have passed and no stomp, a Ranger will 100% revive for sure.

Is this a joke?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

It’s not a joke. Have even more fun with them underwater.

At least mesmer got nerfed and can’t even clutch diversion/distortion to stop from getting 2 hit by balanced backstab.

in PvP

zone.1073

After 8 seconds have passed and no stomp, a Ranger will 100% revive for sure.

Is this a joke?

In other words, if you don’t begin your stomping animation before 4 seconds have passed, you won’t be able to stomp the Ranger (8 seconds) and he will 100% successfully revive. It quite literally is like Vengeance but better because the Ranger is actually alive.

And an AoE 2 second daze interrupt.

And a bugged Wolf’s F2 fear for 2 seconds that can be used while downed.

Does anyone see the problem here?

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

zone.1073

Imagine if a downed Warrior could use his 2 second hammer knockdown twice in a row, which guarantees that he will 100% successfully Vengeance. Would the community be quiet and complacent about that issue? like how Rangers are getting a free pass under the radar right now?

in PvP

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Add to that the pet sometimes goes invulnerable underwater, meaning the ranger can res tank any underwater point as long as he wants if the bug occurs.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

This thread is a troll.

Ranger down state isn’t that strong.

The only downstate that needs some changes is necro’s, because I play it. And my opinions matter.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Leman, name one downed state better than it.

in PvP

zone.1073

This thread is a troll.

Really? Okay.

Ask yourself this. What beats a Ranger in downed state? Say a Guardian and a Ranger both get downed at the same time. Who will win?

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Not that related but ranger UNDERWATER downed state is quite awesome. I faceroll on in wvw puzzle, just get downed on purpose and get my pet to revive me, then easy 1v2 wins while downed, pet heal is just too strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

This thread is a troll.

Really? Okay.

Ask yourself this. What beats a Ranger in downed state? Say a Guardian and a Ranger both get downed at the same time. Who will win?

Necro vs ranger in a downed fight necro wins, save your fear for when the pet goes to heal.

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

in PvP

zone.1073

Necro vs ranger in a downed fight necro wins, save your fear for when the pet goes to heal.

Only if Necro is traited to do increased damage while downed. Otherwise, the Ranger’s pet will kill the Necro if Necro doesn’t fear the pet off of himself. Then, the pet revives the Ranger freely.

Even if the Necro saves fear to interrupt the pet’s revive, the pet is guaranteed to get off a few ticks of HP healing to the Ranger before getting feared off. After the most recent buff, that’s 1200 HP heal per tick, and maybe three, four, or five ticks before the pet gets feared off.

in PvP

leman.7682

Real… out of all the problems this game has, you chose to argue that ranger downstate is your biggest problem and a reason to QQ on the forums.

Seriously, ele can run away and rez if he gets downed. He can use it to hide from someone, to lure people from the point or to get out from treb shots.

Warrior Vengeance stomps you and dies a while after, he doesn’t win, but neither do you.

Engie grabs your pet and throws him with booby trap. He has really bad downstate btw, more team fight oriented, but still…

Guardian, given the right circumstances, can knock the pet back and heal.

Should I go on?

I could agree on the underwater argument, but who cares about underwater. This crap is never going to be played in competitive PvP, so why even bother.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Dried Donkey.8504

Dried Donkey.8504

Thief
ele
mesmer
warrior

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

Lol you must be a poor soul who only hotjoins and lost to a ranger in raid of the capricorn. That being said, kill the pet or cc the pet. It’s not that hard. Oh and stability completely nullifies rangers whole downed game.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

depend: 1v1 or teamfight (XvX where X =/= 1) ??

in PvP

Posted by: gkaare.8576

gkaare.8576

If you interrupt the pet, it will start reviving again after the interrupt. That is probably a bug. Also, killing the pet next to the Ranger does not interrupt the revive. This is also probably a bug.

in PvP

leman.7682

With this mentality saying ‘This game is probably a bug’ is more appropriate.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

downed vs downed
warrior class will always win no matter what..
because you get stability and invulnerability for 4 second right after you use vengeance

and wow thief has the weakest downed state in the game so thief downed state definitely wont beat ranger ..
you are not supposed to finish thief during their downed state, just atk them.

warrior has the best downed state IMO and ranger is the second best.

(edited by Lavexis.5360)

in PvP

zone.1073

Depends on how far apart they are from each other when downed. If the Warrior must travel to the Ranger after Vengeance, then the Ranger wins due to 2 second daze, 2 second fear from wolf while downed (bug?), and the near-instant revive.

The Rangers pet continues to revive after getting “interrupted” and as mentioned, killing the pet does not stop the revive.

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

Depends on how far apart they are from each other when downed. If the Warrior must travel to the Ranger after Vengeance, then the Ranger wins due to 2 second daze, 2 second fear from wolf while downed (bug?), and the near-instant revive.

The Rangers pet continues to revive after getting “interrupted” and as mentioned, killing the pet does not stop the revive.

That is also assuming the ranger is in best condition for all those interrupts. Alot of the time the ranger is already in pet swap CD when he’s downed.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

zone.1073

That is also assuming the ranger is in best condition for all those interrupts. Alot of the time the ranger is already in pet swap CD when he’s downed.

Should Rangers even be able to use their Wolf’s 2 sec fear while in downed state, in the first place? They cannot use any other pet skill while downed, but somehow the wolf pet is exempt from game mechanic balance, apparently.

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

Should Rangers even be able to use their Wolf’s 2 sec fear while in downed state, in the first place? They cannot use any other pet skill while downed, but somehow the wolf pet is exempt from game mechanic balance, apparently.

every classes summons are still up when they are “downed” So not really.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

zone.1073

No other class has access to their F1-4 class skills while downed except Ranger.

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

No other class has access to their F1-4 class skills while downed except Ranger.

That’s because their f1-4 skills are tied to the character, not a summon.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

leman.7682

Have you ever thought that this particular situation is a part of ranger design?

Maybe ranger lacks damage himself and the pet is just some part of a ranger?

Really, just let go, ranger and especially his downed state isn’t a problem…

Leman

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

Have you ever thought that this particular situation is a part of ranger design?

Maybe ranger lacks damage himself and the pet is just some part of a ranger?

Really, just let go, ranger and especially his downed state isn’t a problem…

He should also notice that the ranger has a trait that gives his pet 5 seconds of quickness when he is downed. Clearly this is a intentional mechanic of the ranger class.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

leman.7682

He should also notice that the ranger has a trait that gives his pet 5 seconds of quickness when he is downed. Clearly this is a intentional mechanic of the ranger class.

Making it a thing one has to take into account when fighting a ranger same as remembering about thief’s stealth when fighting one.

Simple as that.

Leman

in PvP

zone.1073

Simple as that.

Are you purposefully trying to be ignorant?

No other class can use their F1-4 class mechanic abilities while downed. Even Rangers cannot. None of their pet skills work while downed, EXCEPT for the wolf’s 2 second fear. Will you continue to justify this bug? You think it is intentional that out of all the pets, only the wolf abilities can be used while downed?

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

Simple as that.

No other class can use their F1-4 class mechanic abilities while downed. Even Rangers cannot. None of their pet skills work while downed, EXCEPT for the wolf’s 2 second fear. Will you continue to justify this bug? You think it is intentional that out of all the pets, only the wolf abilities can be used while downed?

You are an idiot, you clearly have never played ranger. Every pets f2 works you kitten, you can even call the pet to you and attack with the pet. Stop posting in the forums and uninstall the game.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

leman.7682

How are you rank 4x? Duuude…

Leman

in PvP

zone.1073

You are an idiot, you clearly have never played ranger. Every pets f2 works you kitten, you can even call the pet to you and attack with the pet. Stop posting in the forums and uninstall the game.

The only skill that works in interrupting stomps is the wolf’s fear. No other pet skill does, except moa’s but the cone daze is so unreliable that I don’t even consider it viable.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

The only skill that works in interrupting stomps is the wolf’s fear. No other pet skill does, except moa’s but the cone daze is so unreliable that I don’t even consider it viable. The wolf’s fear is an AoE fear of about 600 range.

^ Read your own words. Now please stop posting and uninstall game plz.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Lelouch.8452

Lelouch.8452

Natural, don’t waste ur wise words with this guy, he clearly has not play a ranger or has no idea how to use pets xD

Best Looking Ranger in NA :D
http://www.twitch.tv/midori_ryuuk

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Ranger downed state is a little disconcerting, but idk, not terribly worse than other down states.

EXCEPT. underwater, the issues w there down state there are much more troubling.

in PvP

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Havent played in a couple days, was this a stealth buff recently? There doesn’t appear to be any notes about this.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

@zone

You overrated Rangers way too much man. Take a breather. And maybe stop using an Axe + Shield with your Great Sword if you think your posts are justified.

If anything downed rangers are too punishable with AoEs. Kill their pets and they don’t have a 3.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Bastionhawk.7120

Bastionhawk.7120

It is pretty strong imo. I think it should be this strong in pve and perhaps half as strong in pvp.

Aauryn | Sylvari Ranger
EJS I | Human Guardian
Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

@zone

You overrated Rangers way too much man. Take a breather. And maybe stop using an Axe + Shield with your Great Sword if you think your posts are justified.

If anything downed rangers are too punishable with AoEs. Kill their pets and they don’t have a 3.

Their downed number 3 can be used if the pet is dead, in fact the pet “revives” with the use of the downed skill number 3.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

OMG this is hilarious. Please do some research before posting things like this. Every F2 (special pet skill) works while downed, if it’s not on cooldown. You can even swap pets hitting F4, so I usually use my #2 to interrupt the first stomp attempt, then use F2 on my wolf for the 2nd (it has a 2s cast time btw) and then swap to my krytan lovely hund wich inmediatly knocks down for the 3th attempt.

Of course if the player knows anything about the ranger class this doesn’t work 99% of the time.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

(edited by Engels.8537)

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

without good teamwork, you will rarely use down3. with good teamwork, you will rarely use down3.

don’t let the ranger bleed out or interrupt pet channel. np.

in PvP

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

@zone

Their downed number 3 can be used if the pet is dead, in fact the pet “revives” with the use of the downed skill number 3.

That is untrue i can say 100% if the pet is dead and you use skill No. 3 the pet runs to you but does nothing.. the amount of times i kick myself when i do this but underwater may be a different story

This thread is a troll.

Really? Okay.

the warrior without a doubt because i was in this exact situation we both got downed.. soon as his vengeance was up thats it im dead 100% of the time because when i try to interrupt his stomp he has stability and he downed me..

at the time i thought just the stability part of the skill was op but meh i will just work harder to kill him next time..

ranger is one of the most underpowered class in the game atm and your complaining its not even easier to kill them?

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

A ranger can’t do even 1/3 of the damage a proper warrior or thief does, so who cares if they get rezzed?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

What are you talking about? You can use other pet skills while downed :O
I do it all the flippin time. The Hound also works to lock them in place. The Raven will smash them in the face.
Your mechanic is invisible not unusable which is obvious since your pet doesn’t suddenly disintegrate on down.

Of course they should be able to. The pet is half of them, might as well ask for their pet to get up and vanish on down. If you took a wolf then you’re missing a bird.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: tiboi.3108

tiboi.3108

hmm maybe I should start playing my ranger because its downstate is so OP right now…

in PvP

Posted by: Trippen.3408

Trippen.3408

Simple as that.

Oh the Irony..

in PvP

Posted by: Sjadi.6589

Sjadi.6589

I dont like saying this but ur arguments just scream I NEED l2P, cus if u have even played ranger a bit u would know that a simple interrupt(fear,daze,stun, knockdown,knockback etc etc etc) would stop the pet from ressing for another 15secs or so, which by then u should be able to stomp him 3 times unless u mess up badly

in PvP

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

I am going to assume that this is a troll post whose purpose is to get people to watch OP’s awesome sPvP skillz video. Having watched it, and feeling stupider for it, there is nothing in there that even hints at over-powered abilities.

Yes rangers get to control their pets when they are downed. This can be useful if:

-pets are even alive, not a given
-pets f2 isn’t on cooldown
-pets f2 even does anything useful on cooldown. 1 pet out 50+ possible choices has an aoe fear and that is op?

In tourney play where a strat is to put some bleeds and try in keep them in a downed state perpetually is indeed tougher on a ranger who can use pet to self-rez. To be honest though, if you let a downed ranger live long enough to use their downed ‘3’ you did something wrong. The statement ‘After 8 seconds have passed and no stomp, a Ranger will 100% revive for sure.’ is just pure fabrication. Even one good dps can overcome ranger + pet self-heal and and the pet dies it is all over.

As 1000’s of thieves have said on this forum before….l2p

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

in PvP

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

ranger is one of the most underpowered class in the game atm and your complaining its not even easier to kill them?

You’re either blind or you don’t play sPvP (which begs the question of “why are you in this sub-forum?”). The perma-regen ranger is currently FOTM in sPvP. Try building it first, then try to justify why you play easymode to help you sleep at night.

Better get your kicks in before its nerfed lol.

in PvP

Posted by: DonFoe.9604

DonFoe.9604

lick wounds does not work on an inclined surface. many times that ive used the skill in sPvP and PvE and i res with no problem.but if i go down on a hill or some type of sloped surface, lick wounds will not res.

as for a 100% revive.. lol sounds like you need to reroll a new toon. i cant even begin to tell you how much of a joke that is.