Rangers/Eles/Conditions are way out of hand

in PvP

Posted by: Yiyojin.3241

Yiyojin.3241

That’s so unfair. It’s getting annoying and I’m losing interest in playing because of this.
1: Eles and rangers are so OP against mesmer…..
Mesmer can’t win against a good ranger or ele. This is matematic.
I can do everything right and I will still die evne if ele or ranger do mistakes.
Unless the ele or ranger is nub. in that case I will win the fight.

2: Bleeds/conditions are OP also.

in PvP

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

wait… your class has the most traits to remove conditions doesn’t it?

Cleansing Conflagration
Cleansing Inscriptions
Mender’s Purity
Shattered Conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Cleansing Conflagration
Cleansing Inscriptions
Mender’s Purity
Shattered Conditions

You can play these usless utilities in hotjoin mabye. No worth to bring them into tPvP.
And as the OP said, he faces eles and rangers. That’s typically tournament play.

To OP: Even the best mesmers can’t handle rangers and eles. It’s just a matter of time till you drop. Though you need help from a roamer.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Admittedly, people tell me it’s a Terrible spec at “high levels” but as a phantasm Mesmer I use null field and arcane thievery to smash Ele and also get rid of conditions.

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Admittedly, people tell me it’s a Terrible spec at “high levels” but as a phantasm Mesmer I use null field and arcane thievery to smash Ele and also get rid of conditions.

And they’re right.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Eles and rangers are strong 1on1 classes. Mesmers are middle of the pack, at least in the meta, its not ur job to be able to win a lot of 1on1s. though if they make a mistake you can certainly get em.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

There are several ways of looking at this before calling it imba:

1) Is it maybe okay that the spec you are playing has a good counter?
2) If the Metagame is condition-heavy, why don’t you use more Condition-Removal or go with another class in general? (Yeah, Metagaming isn’t too great; it’s unsafe and counts on the fact that ppl don’t Metagame your counter to the Metagame or just play sth. that counters you at random that isn’t played that often.)
3) Even if your spec is bad against conditions, can you maybe team up with another class or have a good Teambuild that helps you dealing with the conditions? A Game like GW2 isn’t balanced around 1v1 you know.
4) Are you playing your build right VS Condition-builds? Do you maybe train 1on1’s against those problematic builds and think how you can deal with them more effectively.
5) Is it maybe okay for your Char to simply avoid certain MU’s and still be useful?
6) Is the Problem only existent in 1v1’s, or is it also existent in 2v2+? I can imagine it being hard to kill a tanky Ranger or Ele by yourself really fast and that’s when conditions come into play. If you maybe Team up with another Char, can you spike down the Ranger/Ele fast enough for the conditions not to become a Problem? This is different from Point (3) because it doesn’t depend on your Teammates having the right builds, but you can work with basically everything in your Team (probably a high Damage-dealer though).

Only if those Ideas above prove ineffective, we can start talking about imbalance.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

are you serious? engineer has the best condition dmg

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

And they’re right.

Haha, you stalker you

As I said before, they may be right. It works for me and I keep winning. I can drop conditions, which shatter mesmers can’t. I can rip boons effectively, have the cc I need and damage output that I’m happy with. With the power/precision/vitality ammy and zerker jewel I like my stat distribution and my phantasm a bit hard and I can maintain long range with ledge and height advantage. Sometimes I take portal, other times I won’t bother and I even like to use Moa over the other elites for a guaranteed kill when I roam.

It works for me and until it doesn’t, I’ll continue to tear up tPvP with it. After all, all I do is solo que and don’t rely on a team or the synergy that comes with it.

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

“That’s so unfair. It’s getting annoying and I’m losing interest in playing because of this.
I can do everything right and I will still die evne if ele or ranger do mistakes.

2: Bleeds/conditions are OP also."

- I agree with you and i welcome you to the club.
With my profession i can say this:
1: Every profession is so OP against warrior …..

You only have problems with 2 of them. Its not THAT bad…

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

And they’re right.

Haha, you stalker you

As I said before, they may be right. It works for me and I keep winning. I can drop conditions, which shatter mesmers can’t. I can rip boons effectively, have the cc I need and damage output that I’m happy with. With the power/precision/vitality ammy and zerker jewel I like my stat distribution and my phantasm a bit hard and I can maintain long range with ledge and height advantage. Sometimes I take portal, other times I won’t bother and I even like to use Moa over the other elites for a guaranteed kill when I roam.

It works for me and until it doesn’t, I’ll continue to tear up tPvP with it. After all, all I do is solo que and don’t rely on a team or the synergy that comes with it.

If you solo Q that’s fine, due to no real communication. But you need at least one stunbreaker to not drop instantly to thieves you unaware of.
Forum stalking: Mission completed!

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Mesmers typically run 0 condition removal in tournies. 3 of there 4 utilities are usually for team. Illusion of life, portal and timewarp. the other one is a stun break, decoy or blink or mirror image.

so they have literally 0 condition removal in the typical meta. YOu can put condition removal on a Mesmer, but since that gives up there good stuff, not worth bringing a Mesmer, get something else.

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

“That’s so unfair. It’s getting annoying and I’m losing interest in playing because of this.

2: Bleeds/conditions are OP also."

- I agree with you and i welcome you to the club.
With my profession i can say this:
1: Every profession is so OP against warrior …..

You only have problems with 2 of them. Its not THAT bad…

I got your back bro, Every time I play with friends premade, we always target warriors first. They go down as butter. Even 1 on 1 There is no way in hell I would lose against warrior. I really don’t know why A-net doesn’t do something about it. Warrior is the worst class in game without a support guardian having their back

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

yes, a warrior alone is for every class a free kill. Always happy with my engineer when I see one.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

2 Classes just have strong counters for your spec. Mesmer is exponentially stronger in team fights anyway. Part of running a class properly is identifying situations where you should/shouldn’t engage. Sounds like you have found 2 scenarios that you shouldn’t engage. Use that knowledge wisely.

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’d love to hear what this ranger spec is because it’s probably just full clerics with traps and conditions. I simply don’t understand how you can say a class is overpowered when you’ve freely made the choice not to use the tools needed to kill them.

Yes we all realize you’re using other skills more useful for group play. Not a single person on your team can manage to do the same and bring along condition removal? No guardian? No second Mesmer? Nothing? Or do you have these things, but unlike you who are expected to support the group, they aren’t bringing group builds, utility, and support?

This is a problem you and your team need to fix, not Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

Cleansing Conflagration
Cleansing Inscriptions
Mender’s Purity
Shattered Conditions

For answering your question, no it doesn’t.
Now firebreathz.7692 Are you stupid? I’m honestly asking.
Is your post a sick joke?

Now I will explain you why I’m saying you are not that smart if you think what you sad.
*Cleansing Conflagration
Trait line Domination Tier Master Type Major
Torch skills remove conditions. Reduces cooldowns of torch skills by 20%.
Nobody uses torch, no reason to use a torch budy…

*Cleansing Inscriptions
Trait line Chaos Tier Master Type Major
Activating a signet removes a condition.
Why on earth would I use signets? :0

*Mender’s Purity
Trait line Inspiration Tier Adept Type Major
Remove a condition when you heal.
Unless you are a bunker I see no reason to put traits into Inspiration.

*Shattered Conditions
Trait line Inspiration Tier Grandmaster Type Major
Using a shatter skill removes a condition.
Wasting 10 or 20 points for getting this is terrible waste. No reason for do that.
Even if you have 30 in domination, you have to chose other traits because would be a waste take this compared to other choises.

So budy, I hope this anwser your question.

I dont play a mesmer so I have very little knowledge of them..

but from what I can see you complained about conditions..

so I mentioned your class has the most removal..

that was all..

if you choose not to take condition removal traits please refrain from whining about them being out of hand.. as you are choosing to let them keep ticking on you…

I got your point with your first post. And I told you that you are wrong.
“if you choose not to take condition removal traits please refrain from whining about them being out of hand..”

Do you get my point?
If you use the traits or anything that you mentioned in your post, you die even faster and against even more enemies

ok I can see your point..

But “conditions are way out of hand”

my point was it’s not the conditions thats at fault here.. it’s the lack of having your cake and eating it..

if you want all those utilities to help your group fine.. have them provide you with condition removal in return..

or shake up your build.. dare to try something not “meta”

my point is you have the option.. and you have chosen with your reasons..

p.s. I know nothing of the mesmer traits.. I only stated you had access to the most condition removal traits.. I didnt mention/or do I know how effective they are, compared to other skills..

(edited by firebreathz.7692)

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

High Power Based Burst Damage is overpowered

Why must I spec for Toughness

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

yes, a warrior alone is for every class a free kill. Always happy with my engineer when I see one.

hahahah I know that feeling bro I’m always like that oo Hello there warrior :P

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

To fight a Ranger is simple, don’t fight them on the point and immediately you see them retrapping on top of where you are, you can move closer to them.

To fight an Ele, you need the wits of a Tiger. Dodge at the right time and pin them down at the right time and you won’t lose to them. For Eles, it’s all about timing.

As a shatter Mesmer never fight a bunker alone, or else they will waste your time.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

Cleansing Conflagration
Cleansing Inscriptions
Mender’s Purity
Shattered Conditions

i love when people just google abilities when they dont know kitten about the class

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

In groups i normally run as a close point holder with portal/illusion of life/mirror images. Which means at the opening of the match someone must always come with me (usually is either a thief or engineer or necromancer) to fight off the elementalist, or against aggressive groups who send 2-3 players to far point. After close point is taken i proceed to help in the middle team fight and if close point is being contested again (while i still have the portal up) i use it and let my team know so that someone can also go through and help me kill the enemy faster. If i don’t have the portal i try to reapply or just generally keep an eye in the enemy movement (your team also help you with that) so that i know i have to pull back to close point etc.

There are times i’ll find myself in 1v1 situations though (especially when my team grows kitteny due the good start and assault far point), and as a mesmer without much utility for 1v1s besides mirror images, my main strategy is to try create some fake bursts with sword leap/swap and blurred frenzy in order to try force my enemy to pop stun-breakers/dodges/heals (since most people consider that i’ll shatter once i get you immobilized) and basically let him beat me till ~60-70% of my health, when i’ll try deal as much damage as i can (full shatter rotation) and hopefully he’ll drop me below 50% which will recharge my shatters again so i can do another rotation… make sure to save your interrupt for after the shatters since he’ll try pop a heal right after. I guess what i’m trying to say is that your best shot is to pop your burst first (while you’re above 50% health) and then pop it another time below 50%.

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

(edited by Deep Star.6541)

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

And they’re right.

Haha, you stalker you

If you solo Q that’s fine, due to no real communication. But you need at least one stunbreaker to not drop instantly to thieves you unaware of.
Forum stalking: Mission completed!

I run decoy mostly but trying to really get a handle on good use of Blink. It’s harder then it looks but I figure consistent practice will yield good results. Additionally, being phantasm spec I usually have at least 1 illusion up and can F4 to negate a stun in dire situations.

It’s not bang up optimal, but its working so far. So much so that I’ve shelved my guardians and warrior a bit lately.

I’m torn on my weapon selection though. I may need a change to mix it up a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I play the “Immortal Mesmer”: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Guide-The-Immortal-Mesmer-Build/first build.

Never lost to a ranger or an ele 1v1 ever since. And several times destroyed a ranger while fighting someone else.

in PvP

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

I really don’t understand how you guys can complain about rangers. Really? Ever since launch rangers received only nerfs and worthless buffs to worthless abilities. I think the only class that is in position to complain about ranger is the warrior.

“CERTAINLY” not the mesmer. Mr i’m going to tear through that ranger’s health even though he used invulnerability and shouldn’t be receiving any damage.

Funny how they nerfed quickness to reduce the overall burst of the game, but the mesmers kept theirs. But since i know nothing of mesmers i guess there is a reason for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Narly.9023

Narly.9023

You can’t have one build that you’d expect to be the best against everything. You found your builds weakness so the choice is yours; avoid them and continue as you are, or try mixing it up.

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

You can’t have one build that you’d expect to be the best against everything. You found your builds weakness so the choice is yours; avoid them and continue as you are, or try mixing it up.

Budy. There is no mixing up. There is no other thing to do to make it better. Because how it is, is at it pick! The problem is of A-net because of PAPPER, SCISSOSR, ROCK SYSTEM. That I hate so much! I hate you! I hate you! and again I hate you so much. Thanks for ruining a game like that. You totally throw investors money into trash. Thank you a-net. Thank you. Hope you do better with Gw3

There is a counter for everything. There is a counter for burst for bunkers for booms for conditions…. And the fact that is like that takes away all the comptitivity that you should had aimed for.

This game is so much an Only PVE oriented game. Not even duels. All the PVE Community as well as PVP community is begging for it. And what you do? you crush our dreams and hopes for an mmo that makes us sweat wet from our panties. you know what I mean ; )

Is the game good? yes it is. Is interteining long term? No it’s not. I got bored out of my mind after only few months playing. If you are aiming for casuals players only. I have to tell you taht you are worst then “girls that sell theirs body”.
If you were and are aiming for hardcore players YOU HAD FAIL and I would fire your kitten Throw you on the streets! Peace on the streets brothers! That’s how I do it PEOPLE! Talk the TRUTH! TELL what I THINK! You bet your kitten I’m right. Cuz I’m! Everything I sad is right. And you know it

(edited by Yiyojin.3241)

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

I never see shout guardians crying that they die 1v1 vs mesmers, rangers, engis,… Its just how it is u cant have everything, u are the only class with portal u have the best teamfight elite u have great aoe burst and are not easy to burst down due to distortion which is a class mechanic so u dont need to waste a utility slot for it and u cry about not being able to also wipe the floor with evry other class in 1v1.

Also mesmer has a build that is one of the strongest 1v1 builds in the game.

aka Subl

(edited by guza.6170)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I think they about as OP as Phant mes. You’ll rarely win 1v1, but they will suck in team fights for life.

I do think their abillity to midigate damage AND THEN Heal to pretty much full with a heal that also midigates burst is a little OP. ONLY on the fact that a bunker should not outlast burst and end a fight with close to if not full HP.

As far as I can tell, they pretty much hard counter glass cannons and they only suffer in team fights.

Backstab can get it if set up properly, But I think Ranger needs more play against it, I know it’s not balanced for 1v1 but I kind of feel it’s like the ele situation all over again but with more sustain and less burst.

(and imho I never really thought eles were OP, but Rangers I did find much much more frustrating)

@Yiyojin

Just be happy that you counter most things and really only one maybe two things are a hard counter for you.

and sorry to say the ele part is a L2 kitten ue, but I’m sure you’ll learn how to fight them over time.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This is amusing. Rangers and eles can be strong, but no class and no build is difficult to defeat as a mesmer, no matter what build you run (within reason). Mesmers have a higher skill cap and a higher skill floor, and if you aren’t good with them, you will die, a lot. It seems that the OP is unfortunately still at that stage, but once you really learn how to play, a mesmer should be unbeatable.

With regards to conditions…null field, arcane thievery, and mender’s purity are all great ways to remove conditions. You can also take runes of melandru for some innate condition defense. Cleansing conflagration is useless, as is cleansing inscriptions. Shattered conditions is great if you can work it into the build, but being a grandmaster trait it is inherently less useful than mender’s purity.

in PvP

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

why i do not see thieves are OP in this thread ???

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

mez need a trait that removes 1 condi per shattered illusion pronto and not some crap in grandmaster tree

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

hey i am a mesmer : i can teleport a kittenING WHOLE PARTY from one point to another and i cry about eliminati wakakakakakakakaakakakakakaaaaaa

mesmer, ele and ranger are nice atm u cant balance them on everything : mobility heal damage etc…. because they do different roles and have totally different skills. or do u want 8 classes who do all the same…. how boring would that be. i love the skillsdesign of all classes . just a lil bit buff warrior. and game is nice… of course for nubplayers this game seems totally unbalanced but it isnt. i dont think classstacking especially with ele is that good only on spirit watch it is broken…
if u think necro is too slow/ weak than use teleportflashworm. necro has big healthpool and needs smart deathshroudmanagement if u play that class properly u can play it superglassy offensive but nubpeople just suck…..

(edited by Ultima.8673)

in PvP

Posted by: fakeblood.2576

fakeblood.2576

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen mesmers in tourneys pop null field which is the most op skill ever removes boons and conditions

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

I think they about as OP as Phant mes. You’ll rarely win 1v1, but they will suck in team fights for life.

I do think their abillity to midigate damage AND THEN Heal to pretty much full with a heal that also midigates burst is a little OP. ONLY on the fact that a bunker should not outlast burst and end a fight with close to if not full HP.

As far as I can tell, they pretty much hard counter glass cannons and they only suffer in team fights.

Backstab can get it if set up properly, But I think Ranger needs more play against it, I know it’s not balanced for 1v1 but I kind of feel it’s like the ele situation all over again but with more sustain and less burst.

(and imho I never really thought eles were OP, but Rangers I did find much much more frustrating)

@Yiyojin

Just be happy that you counter most things and really only one maybe two things are a hard counter for you.

and sorry to say the ele part is a L2 kitten ue, but I’m sure you’ll learn how to fight them over time.

Yea mate, now listen.
Ele
*DPS ele.. Is easy to kill.
*Bad eles.. Easy to kill.
*A bit tanky/bunker ele.. This is impossible to kill. why?
1: You should never burst him down at start when is is “fresh” 100%hp
2:Take him down to 60-70% hp then DPS him down.
-He has atleast 2 utilities to avoid DPS
-He has ton of skills to save him for DPS + dodges or destroy clones.
3: Even your partial DPS damage taken by him will be healed by his heals.
Even the full DPS he can recover from it.
4: Basicly ele has to survive your burst (That is not hard)
and then he can make you use utilities and slowly kill you.
In time you are ready for second or third DPS burst you are already without utilities, heals, CD-es.
Eles can neutralize your burst.+

Borrom line, is only a matter of time before you die.

Rangers… When eles get nerfed or and mesmers, this will be next class in discussion for nerfs on forums.;)
Rangers are the most anti-mesmer class in the game.
Bunker Rangers.. I saw 1 fight against 3 people and he killed 1 or 2 of them when I came help. I was just wtf?
Rangers is the class I hope the most that gets nerffed.
For me is impossible to kill.

If is good ranger, Ranger will always win against mesmer.
This is matematic, they don’t need even to try.
And if they won’t kill, their pets will for them :P
You can’t try to kill pets or you get nuked down with short bow+ full combo.
You can’t turn back or side to them. They can force you to use utilities at begining of the fight.

HOW to describe their damage?
I would describe is as “slow” continiued burst until you die.
They don’t deal 9k with 1 hit bursts like thiefs.
They do c/o 800,800,800 per sec + pet’s + pets skills+ bleeds+ utilities if they use+ cond+ QUICKNESS.

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

That’s so unfair. It’s getting annoying and I’m losing interest in playing because of this.

@Op… Active Defense… Screw cleansing conflagration in tourneys… You are dealing with people that are bunkers AND condition appliers a nasty combo… And it is true that mesmers (especially shatter mesmers) suck with removing conditions… Take this trait http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shattered_Concentration. It is a Mesmer’s best bet at anti bunker… Now that being said a focus or an OH sword is a good Idea for both of these focus will block projectiles and OH sword will block one attack but do 5k damage Idk if you are using GS or not but for the moment drop it and pick up scepter sword if you want more offense based or staff for some defense with sword focus. But the big thing is use shattered concentration… you will melt them and also lead with diversion (f3 shatter) that will really stack up vulnerability and remove some boons if you are running 20/20/0/0/30

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

jportell.2197

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen mesmers in tourneys pop null field which is the most op skill ever removes boons and conditions

Null field is just a nullifier… Necros can turn all boons into conditions and all conditions into boons (yes I know its still two skills) and Guardians have 2 separate 10 sec interval condition cleansers and meditation that converts all condis into boons. Arcane thievery USED to be awesome when it transferred all conditions and boons… alas it was OP and nerfed (thanks Anet) Shattered concentration is our best method for dealing with boons less time consuming than Sword AA shorter CD than Null field.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

jportell.2197

Cleansing Conflagration
Cleansing Inscriptions
Mender’s Purity
Shattered Conditions

Look at the trait lines these are all in. To build for it you would only be marginally better than currently with conditions but completely useless anywhere else…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

This is rich…. a Mesmer complaining about two other classes that can do better than them with less skill….

Play a Warrior, then come back and cry.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Lol your one of if not the #1 class in the game i think play style or skill lv may be an issue here grab an ele buddy and go duel him for a bit they’re easy to kill as mesmer. I have 2 mesmers one is glass shatter build in spvp and pve and the other is illusion build in spvp and glassish shatter in pve and both kill eles with lil issue. They are much harder to kill in wvw since they can just run away but in spvp its easy mode.

one on one no one should beat you sep maybe a ranger or a well necro.
Trap rangers and well necros can just cover the point and there traps/wells do so much dps you have to flee.

Rangers if you don’t use feedback they will burn you down before you can even get to them but if they’re not trap and you sneak up on them they are yours.

And if your really want help you should post your build/runes and skills. Otherwise it just sounds like QQ.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

@Yiyojin

Yea mate, now listen.
Ele
In time you are ready for second or third DPS burst you are already without utilities, heals, CD-es.
Eles can neutralize your burst.
BOTTOM LINE, IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU DIE.

Rangers… When eles get nerfed or and mesmers, this will be next class in discussion for nerfs on forums.;)
Bunker Rangers.. I saw 1 fight against 3 people and he killed 1 or 2 of them when I came help. I was just wtf?

You can’t turn back or side to them. They can force you to use utilities at begining of the fight.

They do c/o 800,800,800 per sec + pet’s + pets skills+ bleeds+ utilities if they use+ cond+ QUICKNESS.

So basically they should nerf eles, because you can’t beat below average eles going bunker while you can beat newb eles playing dps ( because of course you’ll die 10x faster against experience dps eles trust me), same story for rangers, because you can’t beat below average rangers..they should nerf them.
Guess you’re another of those mesmers who use the daze to land their burst, so that people can recover a sec later, lmao

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

No good Mesmer is going to sacrifice other great traits for any of the above. Condition removal simply doesn’t fit naturally well into Mesmer builds. If anything, we’re going to use Null Field or Arcane Thievery to manage conditions, and even then, our utility skills are so important that most will take the risk and run no cleansing skills/traits.

Being as versatile as we are, I don’t mind our weakness to conditions, but the above suggestions are just weak. No-one playing competitively and trying to optimise their build will run any of those traits. They require you sacrifice more than you gain.

Again you are basicaly complaining about the role of the mesemer, he has the options to take selfish skills and traits at the price of team utilities. U cant have everyting otherwise teams would consist of 4 mesmers and 1 guardian.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

I dont feel sorry when im downing mesm that are build selfish..Cause you can build really selfish with the mesm and have all and more of the escapes an ele has with much more burst potential with just less mobility that doesnt come as handy in 1vs1 especially if the duel revolves around having control of the point..Seriously mesm shouldnt complain at all.Other classes have it way worse in this aspect.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Mesmer can’t win against a good ranger or ele.

The game is not balanced around dueling.

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

i saw a nice, funny and entertaining state of the elementalist done by helseth
u should watch it :
http://www.twitch.tv/helsethgw2/c/2118747

in PvP

jportell.2197

So basically they should nerf eles, because you can’t beat below average eles going bunker while you can beat newb eles playing dps ( because of course you’ll die 10x faster against experience dps eles trust me), same story for rangers, because you can’t beat below average rangers..they should nerf them.
Guess you’re another of those mesmers who use the daze to land their burst, so that people can recover a sec later, lmao

I use the daze for my burst…. And not to land it… I know I can land it either way…. But because if people paid more attention they would realize that the dazing stacks up vulnerability from a Mesmer which just makes mind wrack all the more potent. But I am not here griping about eles…. Not a good idea to generalize.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

i saw a nice, funny and entertaining state of the elementalist done by helseth
u should watch it :
http://www.twitch.tv/helsethgw2/c/2118747

Never heard such amount of crap all packed in a whole 2 mins..amazing.
Once again low skilled NA players take over the crown of worst QQers, it’s GW1 all over again.

Helseth is EU.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

@Yiyojin

Yea mate, now listen.
Ele
Eles can neutralize your burst.
BOTTOM LINE, IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU DIE.

Although I do agree with some points about ranger. Ele really really is fine and comes down to skill and timing. Yes! Technically ele doesn’t suffer as much as mesmer when a mistake is made but a good ele vs a good mesmer usually the fight is pretty balanced. A sub par ele vs a sub par mesmer the ele can out last for days and kill the mes.

Try spiking him down force him into water then fake a shatter set up let him pop his c/ds sustain him until you can go in for the kill.

Their low HP pool means your pokes and spikes put lots more pressure per hit. But mind your positioning so your not taking to many unnecessary hits.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

@op: play a ranger, show us how over powered ranger is, then come back here.

For me, all classes are strong in PvP, I have shared a great deal of both wins and defeats to all of them.

I sense l2p is the issue here

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

(edited by Diehard.1432)

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

For me, all classes are strong in PvP, I have shared a great deal of both wins and defeats to all of them.

So I assume you don’t count Warrior as a profession in Guild Wars 2? What do you consider it then?

Warrior is far from strong in PvP (unless you are playing against people who don’t know how to turn around or walk well and have trouble pressing their hot keys).