Rangers are OP to! What you think about that!

in PvP

Posted by: Yiyojin.3241

Yiyojin.3241

Super DPS ranger has insane damage considered the speed he shoots. There is no way tu surviveif you are low armor.
Why?

• They start shooting from very far. Beffor you actually strike you already lost 20-30-50%hp. When you comming close they will move back so it will take even more time for you to make a attack.
  • When you getting closer they put traps to slow you down.
  • They force you to use all uttilities, beffor even you start the commbat, whit that I mean you actually reach them.
    *In stealth theyr PET and ARROWS will still HIT YOU.
    *If you even try to kill the pet, you will die beffor even reaching the pet’s death.
  • If you engaging with long rage skills.. they can hide behind cover and use traps when you gettign closser.
  • The ammount of damage they can do is incredible considerated the speed of attacks + deffense against close enemies + abbility to get out of range of attacks of an close range enemy.
  • Practicly you are forced to use the heal skill beffor you even made an first attack.
    - the ton of conditions and evades… make it really really hard to fight them. Especcialy with light armor.
  • Do not forget about all quickness they can have! and swiftness.

Do not forget about bunker rangers…. Is practicly inpossible to kill them…. As I sed… If you focus on pet you are dead preaty fast, considered the highamount of defense and attacks of pets and skills.!!

(edited by Yiyojin.3241)

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

1)not all rangers use traps, those are builds best suited for cap points battle only.

2) pet AI is very incompetent,you can easily kite the pets as they need to be near you and stop in their tracks before attacking

edited due to misinformation,i apologise for any inconvenience caused

(edited by Verdelet Arconia.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

1)not all rangers use traps, those are builds best suited for conquest maps only
2)rangers have the least amount of condition removal so that is our weakness,you can take a look at the list of condition removal at this website to confirm i’m not making baseless facts. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition
3) pet AI is very incompetent,you can easily kite the pets as they need to be near you and stop in their tracks before attacking

You fell to his bait.

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Rangers have the least condition removal…lol.
Not in tPvP. They are on the top spots for condition removal.

Edit: Every class has some condition removal and warriors even have some decent. But the shout build nor some other builds from other classes have so much viability as the mainstream builds.

in PvP

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Edit: Every class has some condition removal and warriors even have some decent. But the shout build nor some other builds from other classes have so much viability as the mainstream builds.

ah sorry Best Guardian in Asia,i wasn’t clear with my last statement, Rangers have the least condition removal with regards to conditions applied to the ranger.

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

I never talked bout conditions removers on ranger….. Where on earth did you came up with that? I never talked about rangers ability to remove conditions… :/
Please read again my post, if you didn’t understood what I sad.

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

ah sorry Best Guardian in Asia,i wasn’t clear with my last statement, Rangers have the least condition removal with regards to conditions applied to the ranger.

You have to take into account what the actual competitive builds are. Ranger has one of the best condi removal on bm builds. Who gives a kitten about the wiki? What matters is what is actually being used. In this regard Mesmers are the absolutely worst at removing condis, having zero condi removals in this meta

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Verdelet Arconia.6987

You have to take into account what the actual competitive builds are. Ranger has one of the best condi removal on bm builds. Who gives a kitten about the wiki? What matters is what is actually being used. In this regard Mesmers are the absolutely worst at removing condis, having zero condi removals in this meta

I’m looking at the wiki with regards to mesmer and condition removal, nearly as bad as rangers but still not as limited as rangers with regards to condition removal on self. The options is there for mesmer,but as you say about competitive build,to put cond removal options for the mesmer might make him lose his edge. But i say that is a self imposed limitation the player made with regards to his ideal build,not a lack of overall option.

I never talked bout conditions removers on ranger….. Where on earth did you came up with that? I never talked about rangers ability to remove conditions… :/
Please read again my post, if you didn’t understood what I sad.

i’m telling you how to kill a ranger,using conditions since we can’t remove them after using what limited cond removal we have. Because if you had that knowledge, you would not have made this topic in the first place

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

As a phantasm spec I personally use null field and arcane thievery. I think thievery bugs out sometimes though.

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

Phantasm is rubbish for decent level play though.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

1)not all rangers use traps, those are builds best suited for conquest maps only

3) Rangers have the least condition removal with regards to conditions applied to the ranger so that is our weakness,you can take a look at the list of condition removal at this website to confirm i’m not making baseless facts. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition

2 Ranger Skills that remove conditions
Utility- Signet of Renewal — Passive: Cures a condition every ten seconds.
60 secs CD-Active: Your pet pulls all conditions from nearby allies to itself.

Pet skill- Purge Conditions (Juvenile Brown Bear) — Purge all conditions from yourself.
Pet needs to be alive for this to work, ranger need to be near pet to have the conditions transferred.F2 skill is not instant cast,pet will need to run to target and carry out the animation before the conditions is cured.Since ranger usualy fight at a range,this skill will take around 2-5 seconds to cast depending on the bear response

choice of 1 Ranger Traits that remove conditions.you can only choose 1 since both are 30 points in survival grandmaster trait.

Evasive Purity – two conditions (blind & poison only) from self upon dodge rolling 10 secs CD

Empathic Bond-Your pet will take three conditions from you every 10 seconds
Pet needs to be alive for this to work

Hi I am a Mesmer… And I can remove a condition if I heal only when traited and only one other than that I can either use one of 2 skills on a 45 second CD or take 2 per use of a mantra… That’s it Any other condition removal we have either doesn’t work or the skill that is coupled with it is useless… Don’t even talk to me about how bad condition removal for classes I will tear you apart.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

3) Rangers have the least condition removal with regards to conditions applied to the ranger so that is our weakness,you can take a look at the list of condition removal at this website to confirm i’m not making baseless facts. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition

Pet skill- Purge Conditions (Juvenile Brown Bear) — Purge all conditions from yourself.
Pet needs to be alive for this to work, ranger need to be near pet to have the conditions transferred.F2 skill is not instant cast,pet will need to run to target and carry out the animation before the conditions is cured.Since ranger usualy fight at a range,this skill will take around 2-5 seconds to cast depending on the bear response

choice of 1 Ranger Traits that remove conditions.you can only choose 1 since both are 30 points in survival grandmaster trait.

Evasive Purity – two conditions (blind & poison only) from self upon dodge rolling 10 secs CD

Hi I am a Mesmer… And I can remove a condition if I heal only when traited and only one other than that I can either use one of 2 skills on a 45 second CD or take 2 per use of a mantra… That’s it Any other condition removal we have either doesn’t work or the skill that is coupled with it is useless… Don’t even talk to me about how bad condition removal for classes I will tear you apart.

Your post is absolutely unrelated to what OP said. I have seen you in every thread that mentions mesmers lamenting about their plight and so forth so i gotta ask do you have some sort of pathological need to post as soon as mesmers are mentioned, fueled perhaps by some fetish like fixation with your class? Your posts are even more annoying than a cheap/god mode class you play and you are not even a PvP player so take your opinions to PvE forum where they belong. Or just stop posting altogether that would be great too.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I think ranger is fine. It has many cool builds and should be the model for other classes imo. Ranger is good but not OP.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

@ OP. Don’t walk on the traps.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Ehm…do you know that the whole gw2 pvp is actually based on conquest right?

Hotjoin much?

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Hotjoin much?

Do you know that 2 of the maps (Temple and Spirit) require a lot of fighting off point which makes trap rangers kinda useless?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Hotjoin much?

Do you know that 2 of the maps (Temple and Spirit) require a lot of fighting off point which makes trap rangers kinda useless?

At temple you may fight something like 2 minutes top offpoint calculating 2 upper buff fights and 1 under buff fight…and for sure you don’t zerg at buffs with the whole team including bunkers….or…..do you? lol (Btw if you’re dumb enough to zerg buffs with 5ppl fights won’t last more than 20 secs…otherwise you just have a really bad team and you’re going to lose anyway)

At spirit, well….just try to spam traps at orb and then stay at distance sending your pet (Since pets have like 54 kilometers range) to troll the poor one trying to cap it while watching your side…

+ ranger is one of the best orb runners too along with ele…just saying..

Do you think it’s enough? I can go on if you want…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

jportell.2197

Your post is absolutely unrelated to what OP said. I have seen you in every thread that mentions mesmers lamenting about their plight and so forth so i gotta ask do you have some sort of pathological need to post as soon as mesmers are mentioned, fueled perhaps by some fetish like fixation with your class? Your posts are even more annoying than a cheap/god mode class you play and you are not even a PvP player so take your opinions to PvE forum where they belong. Or just stop posting altogether that would be great too.

Hey kitten… Guess what I was replying to what the artard above me was saying… Saying that rangers have the worst condi removal in game is like saying that engineers get the best mobility… Its just laughably wrong…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Rangers have the worst condition removal in game… that must be a joke, after eles or even on pair with them they have the best one from a BM trait.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Mesmers have the worst condi removal in the game. Period. Based on the ‘meta’, this is pretty much inarguable. The most popular Mesmer builds run zero cleansing skills/traits.

That’s why if you go vs a not fully kitten trap ranger with shatter mesmer you’re basically suiciding (Tl;dr trapper at treb)…well…everyone not running bunker is going to have an hard time (Well maybe not a valkyrie ele, but that’s another op story) but bs thieves and shatter mesmers are just free kills for a trap ranger (And, btw, are bunker trappers really supposed to easily kill dps specs?) On a long run a bunker guardian can, maybe, kill a dps…but it will take a lot of time, with all those said “bunker” trappers you also have to be really careful because you can go down really fast if you step somewhere wrong or if those pets on steroids manage to get you…even in stealth, pretty strange…last time i checked all those birds, dogs, cats or wtf were not supposed to have thermal imaging eyes too..what’s next? Engi’s rocket turret on bear’s back?

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

2) pet AI is very incompetent,you can easily kite the pets as they need to be near you and stop in their tracks before attacking

Pet needs to be alive for this to work, ranger need to be near pet to have the conditions transferred. If too much condition is transferred,pet usualy dies,thus reducing ranger dps and overall usefulness.

1) So, just the entirety of sPvP then.
2) Not only do I have to watch the ranger for my ques to dodge/interrupt etc, I now have to make sure I don’t let the pet close. It’s hard not to see how much of an advantage that is. Lets also not forget that pets are separate from the Ranger – you can run a toughness/condition damage attrition build (who’s usual weakness is burst), and pick a pet that does decent direct damage – its not quite like having a burst thief on your side, but no other class has that option, thanks to the limited amulet selection.
3) Rangers have at minimum competent condition removal, excellent in some specs. While those excellent options might be locked into some specs, they are currently in what are considered the rangers best specs – so right now, Rangers have excellent condition removal. Lets not forget Healing spring, which also pulls conditions off, and is spec independent.

“Just kill the pet” is my favorite ranger argument atm – you make it sound as if pets were made of paper. Fairly sturdy pets combined with the powerful heals rangers get make it less than trivial to just down the pet and go for the ranger – I’m splitting my dodges, my CD’s (defensive and offensive) and attention between 2 relatively equally dangerous opponents (and thats just in a 1 on 1, I won’t get into hectic group fights).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not claiming rangers are OP – I’m not qualified to make that call. Trying to claim that they’re anything short of Powerful and Useful in the current meta however is a silly – their current favored specs are well rounded, hard to kill, and do excellent damage, commonly with 2s on demand quickness on a 20s CD with no downsides (which is extremely powerful)

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Hotjoin much?

i had WVW in mind when i made that statement.
Nopes,i’m not a hotjoin player ,just a solo tpvp player mostly since feb

3) Rangers have at minimum competent condition removal, excellent in some specs. While those excellent options might be locked into some specs, they are currently in what are considered the rangers best specs – so right now, Rangers have excellent condition removal. Lets not forget Healing spring, which also pulls conditions off, and is spec independent.

edited due to misinformation given on my part,i apologise for the mistake made..

(edited by Verdelet Arconia.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I’m not sure why people think rangers are OP. Yes, there is a build or two that is strong in skirmishes. But overall rangers suffer from the same thing every other class does; lack of build versatility.

Just because the metagame favors a particular ranger build in certain situations doesn’t make the class OP. The metagame has 2 components; strategic mindset and build efficiency.
The issue is then player mentality coupled with lack of build versatility across every class that, when implemented, could show more classes having better viable hard counters to things they currently experience trouble with.

Summary: Just because a class is good at something (not just ranger), that doesn’t imply that the class is OP. it implies that it is good at something. There’s really 3 options, either you got outplayed, your build is at a disadvantage, or a combination. The only current solutions are to get better, build differently, or wait for future updates when class polishing incorporates more build diversity in the metagame.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Phantasm is rubbish for decent level play though.

I wouldn’t disagree with you there, but as a solo que player I can’t really coordinate portal and Timewarp so I don’t bother. I went shatter for a while, and the burst is good, no doubt.

But when no one does revives etc its just better to get up high and put those GS berserkers to work.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Hotjoin much?

i had WVW in mind when i made that statement.
Nopes,i’m not a hotjoin player ,just a solo tpvp player mostly since feb

in which version of gw2 does healing spring remove conditions from the ranger?I’ve listed all the condtion removals from self that the ranger has, kindly state the excellent cond removal and also the competent ones that you mentioned ranger has since the ones in my list is fairly incompetent due to the fact that pet needs to be alive and nearby,,etc. Not like other professions fast cast and confirmed condition removed.Maybe i missed something after playing ranger for 1840hrs.I’ve made a mistake regarding the traits and corrected it accordingly in my first post in this thread.Sorry about that

It says so right there in the tooltip – and on the wiki. In my experience, “allies” includes self; perhaps that’s not the case with the ranger, but I don’t see why there should be an inconsistency (unless of course its a bug).

Then I thought to myself, “why not just sign in and test it?” Fighting chieftain, Healing spring periodically removed conditions from my ranger. Maybe this was bugged in the past and recently fixed, who knows, but it most certainly removes conditions periodically over 15s (I didn’t test enough to pin down the interval).

As for your condition removal being pet dependent, we’ve gone over that. Yes, there are stipulations for it, but the current popular Ranger specs (Traps, beastmastery) have pets that are often close to them – in the current meta, Rangers have strong condition removal. That might change if Anet every delivers on spec diversity, but at the moment its true.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

healing spring removes conditions on every tick on every ally – furthermore it applies regeneration on every tick and vigor ( if traited).
ranger condition removal is actually decent.
op is not really grasping the “problems” with rangers atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

I feel like no matter what profession forum i’m on they claim they’re the worst at clearing conditions. Its not like every proffesion you fight runs heavy conditions to the point you would NEED to wipe them…or have several condition wipes at your disposal with every spec. I think people are over inflating this as an actually problem…if this was really the case then conditions themselves need nerfed, which they dont…they actually hinted at increasing their damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

I feel like no matter what profession forum i’m on they claim they’re the worst at clearing conditions. Its not like every proffesion you fight runs heavy conditions to the point you would NEED to wipe them…or have several condition wipes at your disposal with every spec. I think people are over inflating this as an actually problem…if this was really the case then conditions themselves need nerfed, which they dont…they actually hinted at increasing their damage.

Specifically with warriors, their issue is with having to either sacrifice all their damage for condi removal, or take really long CD condi removal that’s completely overkill.

If they added in the middle of the road things like 20 second CD and remove 4 condis it would be a lot better.

It’s also important to differentiate between conditions that damage you and debilitating conditions like cripple and immobilize.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Necros can heal off of conditions and clear them all, and they can remove all conditions in an area immediately, Rangers, Eles, Guardians, all have passive condition removal (and traits that magnify it.) Thieves have condition removal built in to one weapon skill (spammable) and a 2 heals. Warriors remove two in a heal and have other good ones in a signet… Engis need to use a skill on a long cooldown but it handles all conditions and they have healing turret for that as well. … Mesmers have null field (dependant on stationary targeting). Mantra of resolve (prolly our best option for self clearing) arcane thievery (just no), and then a trait for a weapon that few people use. So as it stands I would go to say that engi’s and mesmers have the worst options for condition removal with the demands on the class roles in the current game system.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Verdelet Arconia.6987

It says so right there in the tooltip – and on the wiki. In my experience, “allies” includes self; perhaps that’s not the case with the ranger, but I don’t see why there should be an inconsistency (unless of course its a bug).

Then I thought to myself, “why not just sign in and test it?” Fighting chieftain, Healing spring periodically removed conditions from my ranger. Maybe this was bugged in the past and recently fixed, who knows, but it most certainly removes conditions periodically over 15s (I didn’t test enough to pin down the interval).

As for your condition removal being pet dependent, we’ve gone over that. Yes, there are stipulations for it, but the current popular Ranger specs (Traps, beastmastery) have pets that are often close to them – in the current meta, Rangers have strong condition removal. That might change if Anet every delivers on spec diversity, but at the moment its true.

“Create a spring that heals you, your pet, and your allies. It also cures conditions on allies”

Thank you for the testing, i took the tooltip description at face value and didn’t test it myself after seing that it only states “also cures conditions on allies” thus i assumed ranger n pet is not included for the condition removal part compared to how the first statement was sentenced.

I apologise for my ignorance and for the misinformation I’ve previously given in my first post .I’ve edited it accordingly.

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

a few tips that may help:

a) the pet is at its weakest immediately following a petswap. ( you have 20 seconds to score a kill—removes Empathic Bond, pet dmg, pet CC, etc ) mostly useful against trappers, 5 points in BM is not enough to make pets sturdy & only BM specs have hots running all the time.

b) always face shortbow. ( dem bleeds. trappers stack condi, don’t give them free dmg )

c) lead the pet in a circle while fighting & use defensives while crippled or chilled ( pet dmg can largely be avoided unless you are under soft CC ). watch pet anims just like you would watch a mesmer’s phantasms & act accordingly.

d) traps last 3 seconds out of 20, excluding flame trap. use this window to apply pressure.

e) unguent has 10 seconds of downtime. since ranger needs to cast unguent early to get the most out of the heal, you can do things like bait unguent, then switch to other target to let the unguent overheal & switch back on ranger as unguent goes down ( similar to necro plague ). unguent also has 1s cast time, easiest ranger heal to interrupt.

f) hornet’s sting ( 1st part of sword2 ) has 1/2s cast time, can be interrupted on startup. monarch’s leap ( 2nd part of sword2 ) has no evade component. can be interrupted, dmg’d, cc’d, etc.

g) a swap to shortbow means no sword evades for 10 seconds. shortbow3 doesn’t give the same positioning power.

h) shared anguish / hips—plan for these & bait them as soon as the fight starts to put them on cooldown. shared anguish is 90s cooldown.

it is difficult to make use of all this stuff in duels, but if your team is knowledgeable of ranger weaknesses, it is not hard to coordinate spikes at opportune moments.

in PvP

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Super DPS ranger has insane damage considered the speed he shoots. There is no way tu surviveif you are low armor.
Why?

• They start shooting from very far. Beffor you actually strike you already lost 20-30-50%hp. When you comming close they will move back so it will take even more time for you to make a attack.
  • When you getting closer they put traps to slow you down.
  • They force you to use all uttilities, beffor even you start the commbat, whit that I mean you actually reach them.
    *In stealth theyr PET and ARROWS will still HIT YOU.
    *If you even try to kill the pet, you will die beffor even reaching the pet’s death.
  • If you engaging with long rage skills.. they can hide behind cover and use traps when you gettign closser.
  • The ammount of damage they can do is incredible considerated the speed of attacks + deffense against close enemies + abbility to get out of range of attacks of an close range enemy.
  • Practicly you are forced to use the heal skill beffor you even made an first attack.
    - the ton of conditions and evades… make it really really hard to fight them. Especcialy with light armor.
  • Do not forget about all quickness they can have! and swiftness.

Do not forget about bunker rangers…. Is practicly inpossible to kill them…. As I sed… If you focus on pet you are dead preaty fast, considered the highamount of defense and attacks of pets and skills.!!

As a totally non trap Ranger, I didn’t have any luck killing anyone lately with them so I don’t use them.

I have issues believing that they are that hard for any player to get around, the skills on all sides shred Ranger.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

I’m complaining about all rangers not only trap rangers.
I mentioned the stuff that are in my opinion giving too much advantage in the hole ranger class. I never talked exclusively and only about trap rangers.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Mesmers have the worst condi removal in the game. Period. Based on the ‘meta’, this is pretty much inarguable. The most popular Mesmer builds run zero cleansing skills/traits.

That just isn’t true. Conditions DESTROY warriors, even with a full set of Lyssa runes and a signet of stamina and mending the cooldowns on all of them are so high they aren’t as practical as say, removing a condition for free every few seconds. Lyssa runes are nice but you are using a rune set that heavily limits the build you can run. Signet of stamina has a pretty lame passive and using it to wipe conditions means you won’t have it a again for almost 30 seconds. You shouldn’t use mending for condition removal and using it means sacrificing the greater amount of HP Healing Surge gives you. Any build that is even slightly condition focused can apply the conditions faster than the warrior can remove them.

If the most popular mesmer builds aren’t running any condition removal the solution is to make a build WITH condition removal. Not using removal and not having it are two different things.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

OP you just described what my ranger is like when I play against a noob; its a very different story against a half decent player of any other class. Get better and your issue with ranger will go away.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

OP you just described what my ranger is like when I play against a noob; its a very different story against a half decent player of any other class. Get better and your issue with ranger will go away.

well it’s allot easier to come to the forums to complaint and demand nerfs
your quote is valid for thieves as well but hey whining won and the nerf bat is on its way.

Wen the thief becomes a free kill (in 2-3 patches at this rate) then every one will be happy! thieves will be owning with they’re warriors / Mesmers / Eles alts that will become mains very very soon.

in PvP

Yasha.5963

well it’s allot easier to come to the forums to complaint and demand nerfs
your quote is valid for thieves as well but hey whining won and the nerf bat is on its way.

Wen the thief becomes a free kill (in 2-3 patches at this rate) then every one will be happy! thieves will be owning with they’re warriors / Mesmers / Eles alts that will become mains very very soon.

Theives are OP so thats OK.

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

“Get better and your issue with ranger will go away.”
This is always the defense from people with Op classes.

I play gw2 since October. And a lot of people consider me a very good player.
Man.. You know that gw2 is a scissors,papper,rock game.
Example. A build will destroy B build, B build will destroy C build, C build will destroy A build…..
Same is with classes, an A class will have advantages against B class, B class will have advantages against C class….

This is true. And anybody I mean really anybody knows that!
Now… If you look this from a different prospective, and you try to inamgin how this stuff works ikittenv5 team match. It does better.
I guess Gw2 was a game meant to be played in teams vs teams.
But this is not what MMO was/is. This is not the only thing that Mmo players want.
This game is good in a certain way… But it won’t hold the mmo hardcore players very long. Indeed is already loosing players.

Since is buy and play forever, this game will probably never die.. Because you are bored sometime and you will go to play a bit of gw2….
This game seriously makes me thing that is a Singleplayer game to play with friends and help each other out.. With the posibility to play some killing betwetn them in the aposite area.. a.k.a Hart of the mists.
And Pvp feels so much like COD mw2…

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Example. A build will destroy B build, B build will destroy C build, C build will destroy A build…..
Same is with classes, an A class will have advantages against B class, B class will have advantages against C class….

Now… If you look this from a different prospective, and you try to inamgin how this stuff works ikittenv5 team match. It does better.
But this is not what MMO was/is. This is not the only thing that Mmo players want.
This game is good in a certain way… But it won’t hold the mmo hardcore players very long. Indeed is already loosing players.

Since is buy and play forever, this game will probably never die.. Because you are bored sometime and you will go to play a bit of gw2….
This game seriously makes me thing that is a Singleplayer game to play with friends and help each other out.. With the posibility to play some killing betwetn them in the aposite area.. a.k.a Hart of the mists.

If you are having an issue with rangers just say what class you are and people can give you some tips. I have no problems with rangers and usually focus them down first (in hotjoin anyway) because it is easy to kill them unless they are good.

No need for the childish and practically incoherent tirade.

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

This is not true. As a warrior i can say, rangers are one, mabye the best 1 on 1 class in game. Also, warrior will outclassed by any profession. There is no a-build, b-build oder c-build out since August 2k12. You allways started with a disadvantage.

Ranger pets must be toned down and limited in range. And pls a-net, do some tweaks in the animations. Ranger animations, especially sb #1 is horrible and for me a reason quit this game. Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

a few tips that may help:

a) the pet is at its weakest immediately following a petswap. ( you have 20 seconds to score a kill—removes Empathic Bond, pet dmg, pet CC, etc ) mostly useful against trappers, 5 points in BM is not enough to make pets sturdy & only BM specs have hots running all the time.

b) always face shortbow. ( dem bleeds. trappers stack condi, don’t give them free dmg )

c) lead the pet in a circle while fighting & use defensives while crippled or chilled ( pet dmg can largely be avoided unless you are under soft CC ). watch pet anims just like you would watch a mesmer’s phantasms & act accordingly.

d) traps last 3 seconds out of 20, excluding flame trap. use this window to apply pressure.

e) unguent has 10 seconds of downtime. since ranger needs to cast unguent early to get the most out of the heal, you can do things like bait unguent, then switch to other target to let the unguent overheal & switch back on ranger as unguent goes down ( similar to necro plague ). unguent also has 1s cast time, easiest ranger heal to interrupt.

f) hornet’s sting ( 1st part of sword2 ) has 1/2s cast time, can be interrupted on startup. monarch’s leap ( 2nd part of sword2 ) has no evade component. can be interrupted, dmg’d, cc’d, etc.

g) a swap to shortbow means no sword evades for 10 seconds. shortbow3 doesn’t give the same positioning power.

h) shared anguish / hips—plan for these & bait them as soon as the fight starts to put them on cooldown. shared anguish is 90s cooldown.

it is difficult to make use of all this stuff in duels, but if your team is knowledgeable of ranger weaknesses, it is not hard to coordinate spikes at opportune moments.

Funny how these (and other constructive) tips by and large goes un-noticed and some ppl keep rambling on without any real direction. Why not try some of these out first?

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

in PvP

jportell.2197

If you are having an issue with rangers just say what class you are and people can give you some tips. I have no problems with rangers and usually focus them down first (in hotjoin anyway) because it is easy to kill them unless they are good.

No need for the childish and practically incoherent tirade.

And people are still going to come that stuff is too OP… Every other forum post is whining about the OPness of some class just because people can’t beat it… Its sickening.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

jportell.2197

Every other forum post is whining about the OPness of some class just because people can’t beat it…

You gave the answer to yourself!
Indeed…! —->Because people can’t beat it…<—-

Or you trying to say that it supposed to be a game where one guy can kill you with no effort just because he uses a determinate class and build.

in PvP

jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Every other forum post is whining about the OPness of some class just because people can’t beat it…

You gave the answer to yourself!
Indeed…! —->Because people can’t beat it…<—-

Or you trying to say that it supposed to be a game where one guy can kill you with no effort just because he uses a determinate class and build.

I’m actually referring to any build that one person has trouble beating. People are of the mindset in this game that they should be able to beat everything no matter what. And if they get beat repeatedly they start to whine and call stuff OP. I don’t really call anything extremely OP except maybe the D/D ele bunker build. But as other ele’s have previously stated (and devs) any other build they make just dies instantly.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Hmm is this a troll post ?

Everyone who plays knows conditions > ranger/warrior

kthanxbia

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

jportell.2197

Hmm is this a troll post ?

Everyone who plays knows conditions > ranger/warrior/mesmer

kthanxbia

There fixed that for you and conditions are still to the current ranger builds being used

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: uzu.7351

uzu.7351

I found 2 different bunker ranger builds that enabled point keeping thru whole match. It was kittening amazing :|

Rangers are OP in this matter.