Ready Up - Today @ 12PM PDT (ToL Special Edition)

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Hey all,

Sorry for the late announcement, everyone! Today I’ll be riding solo in the studio, but I’ll be joined by Sizer, Denshee, ROM, and Blu via Skype. I’ll be talking with the guys about last weekend’s European Tournament of Legends, as well as making some predictions on the outcome of this weekend’s North American version.

Feel free to respond below if you have any questions you’d like me to ask ROM/Sizer/Denshee/Blu about their comp, strategy, builds, thoughts, favorite food, favorite movie, etc, and I’ll try to get them answered for you.

You can catch the livestream here: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2
Time: 12PM PDT (May 2nd)

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Helseth couldn’t make it?

sad panda

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Does Sizer ever sleep?

in PvP

Posted by: Powerr.3649

Powerr.3649

Helseth quit right after the tournament

Powerr
PZ

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

i doubt arenanet would want helseth on

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

As much as I enjoy Helseth, they would be nuts to have him on official channel

in PvP

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

“Ready Up” – anything about upcoming patches?

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

“Ready Up” – anything about upcoming patches?

Probably not this week. This week’s about last week’s ToL and this week’s ToL.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Brix.8461

Brix.8461

Will Blu make an emote for his channel called mistStache? it’ll show Blu’s fabulous moustache.

Global Social Media, ESL
http://eslgaming.com

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Will there be a VoD?

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

What do you think of the Mesmer in its current state?

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

As much as I enjoy Helseth, they would be nuts to have him on official channel

yeah Helseth the same guy who use to make all those rant of the week videos right?

he talked a lot about guild wars 2 pvp and what it needed to improve. guy was just speaking his mind and concerned about the game he felt passionately about.

and correct me if I’m wrong. everyone started to agree with his points and Anet did not like that. if you bad mouth Anets PR or Game than oh buddy look out, only this time people looked up to Helseth and started to get behind him. I’ll admit I did to he made very sound points in his you-tube channel. I wonder if he could not make it or if they told him he was not invited?

I would like to hear Helseth’s opinions again now that the patch is out because a lot balance is still atrocious.

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Helseth quit right after the tournament

What? Why? :O

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Thanks for watching today, all. It was actually kind of refreshing just getting to talk a bit of shop for once! Reminded me of the old State of the Game days (RIP).

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydivEU.9670

infantrydivEU.9670

Thanks for watching today, all. It was actually kind of refreshing just getting to talk a bit of shop for once! Reminded me of the old State of the Game days (RIP).

Why don’t you host SotG anymore?

in PvP

Posted by: Shawnbuell.8407

Shawnbuell.8407

Will there be a VoD?

Here is the RAW VoD

Shawnbuell.8407
@Shawnbuell

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Good luck to all the teams tomorrow, see you on the battlefield.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Why don’t you host SotG anymore?

I’d assume he’s busy with actual work, and this ready up is kind of like an official ANet one.

Also, it is literally impossible to talk to ANet unless you are a known PvPer or one of the very few youtubers, and even then I’m fairly sure they have to get in contact with you first. Not sure why they suddenly instituted radio silence but it happened a while ago.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

ROM is the man ahaha

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Here’s the Youtube version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_r1zjTSQY&list=UUP_FgMqOxp_VsM0UfrL-DxA

See you all tomorrow!

in PvP

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

The take away from this video is in high level team play engi’s are useless. Hopefully notes were taken and passed to the balance team on the reasons they stated especially considering the reasons mentioned also effect other modes of gameplay. ~_~

Not to say engi’s can’t be amazing in a lot of cases but they’re to easily countered in team play situations as mentioned in the vid.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

i agree, that engi is a easy target in a teamfight, but if you like it and i suits your playstyle (andyou re good with it) you can still play it at high level. it may not be the best choice but its not unviable. Engi got good buffs from the sigils but still lacks the same counter. if you buff it so it got less counter, it will be OP for sure

in PvP

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Engi got good buffs from the sigils but still lacks the same counter. if you buff it so it got less counter, it will be OP for sure

I agree, don’t get me wrong. I just happen to think it should have other ways to deal with the harsh counters not have less potential counters? If I’m making any sense there it’s just simply ‘to easy’ to counter since there is so few ways to even deal with it. Currently most of the viable configurations require very specific utilities which completely prevent ways to even potentially mitigate the issues. If someone knows there is going to be an engi on the opposing team they just need to counter it 1 way and it’s going to mostly be out of the picture. (Providing the choice is made to even specifically counter it, in cases where that doesn’t happen its not much of an issue but it shouldn’t work across all types of builds)

Making other builds viable that have different types of counters would be the ideal solution. As oppose to having the same kind of counter across the board.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

wow, Rom looks like helseths brother

Fixi