Ready Up is Bad Quality

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

bring Justin to ready up (the only guy who talked with comunity in this forum like he would care bout the comunity)

I really want to know what happened to Justin. He was literally the only person that I could take seriously when it came to ArenaNet answering threads.

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Deifact.3095

Deifact.3095

Why was this moved into the Structured PvP sub forum anyway?

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

There are plenty of legit concerns to bring up about this game. This is not one of them.

Karl, if you are reading this, I hope you know that the majority of the community appreciates the level of communication you bring to us. I’m sure you don’t have to give us a heads up on balance changes or listen to our feedback and make changes before it goes live. Keep up the good work and ignore complaints like this!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

#Karlislegend that is all….

Other than yes Karl is a dev he does know what hes talking about and a pretty dam good player to match!

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

It’s easy to nitpick Karl if you expect them to have spent tons of time on this, but realistically they probably film it relatively quickly, throw it together and play it on the stream.

Like they said, do you really want the game devs spending all their time on this? Geez.

Also try to legitimately read a script in front of a camera and not make some sort of mistake. It doesn’t seem that hard, but it isn’t as simple as it seems.

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Karl is good I like him. He is human which is good. Would rather have karl than some corporate guy just giving the corporate chat.

And he knows alot about the game.

The issue I have with anet’s balancing is they have bias towards certain classes. No dev plays necro so it doesn’t get interesting changes. It gets generic and boring changes. As a result necro is boring to play and the spec/play style hasn’t changed for 2 years. That isn’t to say it is underpowered, it is to say that their ideas not great for the class.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

the alternative is that we just not get ready up. gift horse, mouth

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I have no issues at all with the Skillbar or Karl McLain, except one.

I have absolutely NO interest in PvP, but I am VERY interested in changes to skills and traits (from a PvE perspective). However, I still have to dig through a half hour of chatter in order to find the Skillbar segment. Which is prerecorded and not even a true part of the rest of the show.

So please publish any future Skillbar segments (whenever new upcoming changes appear) as independent videos.
That way, I can find the information I need, and can continue to ignore Ready Up, like I prefer.

Et voila (they said they would do this):

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I have no issues at all with the Skillbar or Karl McLain, except one.

I have absolutely NO interest in PvP, but I am VERY interested in changes to skills and traits (from a PvE perspective). However, I still have to dig through a half hour of chatter in order to find the Skillbar segment. Which is prerecorded and not even a true part of the rest of the show.

So please publish any future Skillbar segments (whenever new upcoming changes appear) as independent videos.
That way, I can find the information I need, and can continue to ignore Ready Up, like I prefer.

Et voila (they said they would do this):

I agree with the original poster though. Not only should the Skill Bar be available seperately, it should be available as soon as it is ready. There is no reason to postpone it to be available a week later.

While I pvp, I don’t care for idle chatter about the pvp environment or the meta vs anti-meta, or hyping one’s own personal nickname ad nauseum. I am only interested in the skill changes.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I agree with the original poster though. Not only should the Skill Bar be available seperately, it should be available as soon as it is ready. There is no reason to postpone it to be available a week later.

While I pvp, I don’t care for idle chatter about the pvp environment or the meta vs anti-meta, or hyping one’s own personal nickname ad nauseum. I am only interested in the skill changes.

I do too. They did upload the videos pretty soon after the live stream, so while I listened in to the “PvP chatter” I did not have to sit through the whole thing.

edited typo

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

What reasonable person would expect a game developer to have the same skill set as a professional spokesperson? Give the guy a break.

As someone who is always pushing for more information/communication, all I can say is that if a dev is willing to take time out of their day to sit in front of a camera and communicate with us, then the proper response is appreciation for their time, not criticism of their screen presence.

On the plus side, though, I’ll bet Karl has a lot more supporters and fans now than he did before this thread, lol.

#believeinkarl —-—> indeed

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just finished watching the compiled version and it seems fine to me.
It delivered the relevant information and provided some short description of the reasons behind the change where necessary.

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

This annoyed me at first as well, but I got over it.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

The reason they went to the pre-recorded clips is because of how Karl spoke when doing it live. It was painful to watch. At least now we can get the information for each profession quicker.

Now we just need a balance team and this game will be on its way to esports!

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

if they put more money into ready up then that’d mean less money goes to the highly stable servers, the large amount of content and the regular balance patches that we have!
/sarcasm off.

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

come on… some may thing in the game to complait about and ou go after Karl on the RU’s?!

He doesn’t feel comfortable in front of a camera but but still HE TRIES and does his best, and no one can ask for more than that!

I’m thankful for what he does FOR US.

tks Karl, ignore the haters, they will always hate no mater what…

Ready Up is Bad Quality

in PvP

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Just finished watching the compiled version and it seems fine to me.
It delivered the relevant information and provided some short description of the reasons behind the change where necessary.

Yeah, that reminds me. The fact that he gives a little snippet “here’s why we wanted to make this change” is awesome and something that’s difficult to communicate through patch notes in quite the same way.

Or words to that effect.